HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!! 😀 I slept SOOOOOO well last night, that I woke up fully refreshed and ready for the week. Though, as you can tell, I’m a bit late with today’s post, and am working on it as we speak. I decided to read and relax late into the night in an epsom salt & bubble bath and it was amazing.
I’m starting to believe the whole “Epsom salts help you sleep” theory (due to the magnesium I guess)? This is the one I use. I’ve been giving it a go for a whole week, and throughout the whole of last week, I have slept like a baby (deep, and if I wake up… I go right back to sleep). Also, for some reason I find sleeping with “Beat Bobby Flay” on marathon play all night soothes me. Supposedly sleeping with the TV on is disruptive, but I’ve never slept so well in my life (and the beautiful dark blue colors and subdued lighting and peaceful mood on that show are just… soothing).
1.) I spray painted 2 wooden stools this weekend (a gorgeous super-white/ultra-matte color – this is the one I’m using but I got my cans from Walmart). I’m not really all that great at spray painting, mind you. 😉 You’re supposed to do those light airy strokes gently back and forth, dry and do it again until it’s evenly covered. Yeah. My patience is not so great. I’m more heavy-handed, though now I have to deal with the consequences. Drips… I’m looking at you! *hrmph* 😑 😂 And my stupid impatience!!! LOL!!
2.) Who knew how much I would love a digital picture frame?? I’ve always known about them but never bothered because why would I? I have all my pictures on my laptop and I can look at them or print them whenever I want. But… I now have one, and it’s a big one (approximately 8.5 x 11 size), and I can’t believe I lived so long without it. Now I can have every picture I love (100s of pictures!!), just rotating out for me non stop. So soothing and the photos make me smile so much. So many amazing memories and I get to relive at them without any effort at all.
3.) I didn’t cook a single thing this weekend, since my meal kits (the last 2 batches – I have some from “Factor” – which I haven’t tasted yet – and some from “Rebuilt Meals” which I AM LOVING!!!) are already prepared and just need warming up. I AM LOVING these!!! So easy… and so far… REALLY yummy! I’ve been posting (and will continue posting) photos of my meal kits on my Instagram, so you can see what I think (and what they look like). P.S. There are also photos of me and my archery fun. 😉
AMAZON FIRST READS!!
- Here are the Amazon First Reads choices for August. Which one did you get? Oh sheesh… I’m struggling between the “cloning program” thriller, or the one with the DEA agent whose wife does something REALLY bad, or the thriller about the scrapbooking pro trying to make a scrapbook for a woman that committed suicide. Eeeeeeeep! Oh wait… I’m choosing the marital strife one!!! YIKES!!!!! That one is gonna be all sorts of trouble! ——->
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— For new members only. If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Lyrics of a Small Town by Abbi Glines <— LATEST BY ABBI GLINES IS LIVE!!! BAD BOY & HIS DARK TWISTED WORLD ALERT!! She’s now living in a small town after her grandmother dies… “...Although Henley may have arrived on the shores of Alabama’s Gulf Coast feeling alone and lost in a world without her Gran, things soon change.The small town holds more than she realized- including a broody, gorgeous, potentially dangerous guy who is always showing up when she needs him the most...”
- Heart of the Highlands: The Raven: Prequel (Protectors of the Crown) by April Holthaus
- Dark Sins (Dark Intentions Book 3) by Charlotte Byrd
- Torrid (Whiskey Run: Savage Ink Book 2) by Hope Ford
- The Apology Project: A Novel by Jeanette Escudero <— AKA SIDNEY HALSTON ALERT!!! SHE WANTS TO MAKE AMENDS… “…Leaving a career that gave her purpose, Amelia can only ask, What next? Let it be better than her epic failure of a fortieth birthday party: an open bar full of no-shows except for John Ellis, a total stranger and the new associate at her ex-firm. As it turns out, though, he’s very good company—and a wake-up call. With the help of John and a lot of champagne, Amelia considers the people she’s wronged, from old besties to former boyfriends to coworkers. Amelia resolves to make amends—to those who really deserve it…”
- Operation Meet Cute (Operation HEA Book 1) by K.M. Neuhold
- Ink Cursed (Shifter Squad Next Gen Book 1) by J.C. Diem
- So Not My Thing by Melanie Jacobson
- Lord Seeks Wife: A hilariously funny romantic comedy by Heather Barnett <— RECLUSIVE HERO DOESN’T WANT TO GET MARRIED! “...Reclusive academic Lord Noblet de Beeble doesn’t want to get married but his overbearing mother, Lady Caroline, is insisting he must. When he places an advert for a wife in the Situations Vacant section of his local newspaper, the national press pick up the story. A desperate Noblet calls on his handsome younger brother, Henry, to help him navigate the subsequent media frenzy...”
- Love and the Lottery by Harri Beaumont
- Wolf Cursed (Lone Wolf Series Book 1) by Heather Hildenbrand
- Bruno’s Devotion: A Dark Mafia Romance (Cosa Nostra Institute Book 3) by Atlas Rose and Raven Scott
- Everybody Breaks: Milite Series – Book One by Kerry Taylor <— SHE’S ABLE TO FINALLY ESCAPE!! “…Trapped in the clutches of an evil, criminal stepfather, with only her selfish, weak mother on her side she is alone and constantly afraid of what each new horror-filled day will bring. She has learnt from a young age to survive in this hellish existence, but when her stepfather lands the ultimate blow – selling her to the Albanian Mafia – she knows it’s only a matter of time before her monsters truly win the battle she has spent her whole life fighting, and break her. But an unexpected opportunity for escape gives Emilia the chance she needs to flee her fate and she grabs onto it with both hands. Armed with very little cash, few belongings and a letter that details a possible hope for her future, she ventures into a world she has been sheltered from and knows very little of…“
- Rex: bad boy cop romance by Scarlett Woods
- Tattooed Enforcer: A Hero Club Novel by A.C. Wilds
- Firefly (Speakeasy) by Krystyna Allyn <— SHE’S THE WOMAN OF HIS DREAMS BUT HE DIDN’T LET HER KNOW… “… I think I’m dreaming when I see her doing bartender tricks here in Vermont. Now all I can think about is having those long, beautiful, fingers performing their magic on my body. But I’m pretty sure she’s hiding something. It’s painfully obvious she’s keeping me at arm’s length just when I need to hold her close. She brings out my protective instincts, but I’ve got problems of my own. If I’m not careful, I’ll destroy everything I’m trying to build…”
- Everybody Breaks: Milite Series – Book One by Kerry Taylor
➔➔ Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes one title from their premium selection of best sellers and listen all you want to thousands of titles in their growing Audible Plus Catalog.)
➔➔ AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Woods Are Always Watching by Stephanie Perkins – August 3rd 2021
- Monkey Around by Jadie Jang – August 3rd 2021
- A Lesson in Vengeance by Victoria Lee – August 3rd 2021
- Gods & Monsters (Serpent & Dove Book 3) by Shelby Mahurin – August 3rd 2021
- Dark Roads: A Novel by Chevy Stevens – August 3rd 2021
- Cul-de-sac: A Novel by Joy Fielding – August 10th 2021
- Viral by Robin Cook – August 17th 2021
- Complications: A Novel by Danielle Steel – August 17th 2021
- The King of Faerie (Stariel Book 4) by AJ Lancaster – August 19th 2021
- Game Changer (Field Party) by Abbi Glines – August 24th 2021
- Where I Left Her: A Novel by Amber Garza – August 24th 2021
- Winning With Him (Men of Summer Duet Book 2) by Lauren Blakely – August 27th 2021
- There Was an Old Woman by June Summers – August 30th 2021
- True Dead (Jane Yellowrock Book 14) by Faith Hunter – August 31st 2021
- Breaking Badger (The Honey Badger Chronicles Book 4) by Shelly Laurenston – August 31st 2021
- The Royals Next Door by Karina Halle – August 31st 2021
- The Heart Principle by Helen Hoang
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!