Good morning and Happy Monday!! Today’s list has three books that gave me a blurb jolt (one involving a soulmate mark that her boyfriend DOES NOT get.. two involving crushing on someone that is already taken – unrequited love!!:D ), and of course a couple of second chance romances that are sure to warm our hearts, including a new one by Susan Fanetti!!! But first…
1.) I let my Birdy (my little canary for those that missed it), out of his cage for a bit. I put my dogs away (I certainly don’t trust them around him – they’d see him is a free-moving squeaky toy I’m sure). He was too cute! No flying around, just hopping and pecking. When I wanted him to get back in his cage, I just put it on the floor near him, and he hopped right back in on his own. 🙂 Success!!
2.) I ordered a few “Leonid Afremov” paintings that I fell in love with from a Facebook ad. I hadn’t heard of that artist before (but basically because I wasn’t specifically looking for art yet – so I don’t really know any of the modern artists), but I flipped when I saw how beautiful his work is… just pulls me right in. And now, quite a few are on their way to me. 😀 Strangely enough, he passed away just 4 days after I learned about him. Here is one of the oil paintings I’ve received. I still have to get it wrapped on proper frame-stretcher bars for hanging oil paintings (so it’s not done yet – you can see the undone edges that will be wrapped around the frame…) but I’m in love with it.
3.) I watched John Wick 3 this weekend and it was so good and so action packed I could hardly catch my breath!! Over-the-top and it was like watching a video game. Next level, and each level got harder and harder but WOW. Though… I was fuming at one scene (just like I was fuming at one scene in John Wick 1). Can you guess which one? 😉
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- Wrecked: Dark Romance by Leia Stone <— LIVE!! DARK ROMANCE BLURB JOLT ALERT!! OH THIS ONE SOUNDS INTENSE!!!
….Now at twenty two and divorced, I just wanted to build a life for myself on my own terms. Free of fear. First job. First crappy apartment. First taste of freedom.
Enter Ethan King. The guy from high school I never had a chance with. As the leader of the local motorcycle gang, he’s not exactly an outstanding citizen, but he’s the one bright spot in my life. He’s exactly what I need right now. Until Bryce, who never could accept losing, decides he’s not ready to let me go. And if there is one thing I know about that monster, it’s that he has no problem destroying everything in my world.
Only this time I have Ethan King. And no one messes with a King.
- Anywhere (Sawtooth Mountains Stories Book 3) by Susan Fanetti <— LIVE!! SUSAN FANETTI ALERT!! SHE LEFT HOME & HAS BEEN TRAVELING THE WORLD… “…there’s only one thing, one person, she’s truly missed—the one person she hadn’t been running from at all. The person she hurt most when she left. When she gets word of trouble at home, she knows she has to go back. Tragedy sent her flying, and tragedy brings her back to the nest…”
- Next Door Daddy (Forever Daddies Book 5) by Victoria Snow <— LIVE!! AGE GAP ALERT!! “…My new boss, the single dad next door, is handsome as sin…”
- Tessa (The Mate Series) Book #2 by Teresa Gabelman
- Callous (The Alpha Bodyguard Series Book 6) by Sybil Bartel
- Chasing Fireflies by Claudia Burgoa <— LIVE!!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! They were friends since childhood… “…After high school, he joined the army and left Knox Ridge. Years later, the town had changed. My dreams were shattered. We had nothing left. I had forgotten all about the magic of the fireflies. Until he came back to town...”
- Bully Love: A High School Bully Romance (Bad Boys of Hillview Academy Book 2) by Mya West <— BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!
- Heaven’s Fate: A Paranormal High School Bully Romance (Pandorax Academy Book 3) by Ember Hollis <— BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!!
- BLOOD, LOVE AND LIES (THE ROYALS Book 1) by BROOKE SIVENDRA
- Ninety-Nine Ashes: A Contemporary Romance (Ninety-Nine Series Book 2) by Elisheba Haxby and Jesse Vincent
- On the Rocks (Kingston Brothers Book 1) by Isabel Lucero <— LIVE!! SHE KEEPS GOING TO HIS BAR… “...You learn a lot about people pouring their drinks and London is what I would consider a regular. Like clockwork, she’s been coming into my bar twice a week for the last year. Besides her name, I’ve learned that she’s witty, beautiful, and unfortunately… taken...”
- The Daddy Coach by
- Darklight by Bella Forrest
- Wrecked: Dark Romance by Leia Stone
- Oz: A Science Fiction Romantic Thriller (Enigma Book 5) by Ditter Kellen
- Turn the Page: A Time Travel Romance by Ditter Kellen
- Homebound: A Soulmate Mark Romance (Heartbound Book 1) by Alyssa B. Cole <— HER SOULMATE MARK BUT HE DOESN’T HAVE ONE... “…Abby Doyle is perfectly fine without a soulmate. Her parents have matching soulmate Marks and their marriage definitely isn’t great, so she’s content living Markless with her boyfriend in New York. Sure, she might have slight self-esteem and anxiety issues, but hey, she’s getting by. Until she receives a Mark, and he doesn’t…”
- His One Choice: Sons of Lost Souls MC Book Five by Ellie R Hunter
- Just Perfect: Steamy New Adult Romance Collection <— LIVE!! ANTHOLOGY ALERT!! “...Spice up your day with this collection of sexy novellas. Whether you enjoy reading hot alpha billionaire or naughty bad boy romance, this box set is just perfect for you...”
- Mirrored Love <— LIVE!!! UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT!!! She fell for the bouncer at but he loves someone else… “...I work, and I go home to my apartment with a roommate that is practically a ghost since they’re never there. Then I go and fall in love with the bouncer of the club. Sexy, built like a beast, and so sweet that he gives me cavities. However, he isn’t mine. Roman is in love with another woman…“
- The Perfect Waters: Odessa. Book One (An African American Mermaid Paranormal 1) by
- Stay With Me (Hope Valley Book 5) by Jessica Prince
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Fighting Absolution by Kate McCarthy – September 10th 2019
- You Can Have Manhattan by P. Dangelico – September 10th 2019
- The Testaments: The Sequel to The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood – September 10th 2019
- Code Name: Sentinel (Jameson Force Security Book 2) by Sawyer Bennett – September 10th 2019
- Wrapped in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder Book 1) by Carrie Ann Ryan – September 10th 2019
- The Open Door: A Found Duet Novella by Lauren Paige – September 10th 2019
The Institute: A Novel by Stephen King – September 10th 2019
- If It’s Only Love (The Boys of Jackson Harbor Book 6) by Lexi Ryan – September 10th 2019
- Rich Boyfriend, Famous Boyfriend: A Stand-Alone Romance (West Seoul University Book 1) by Leigh Ban – September 10th 2019
- Sinful Like Us (Like Us Series: Billionaires & Bodyguards Book 5) by Krista Ritchie & Becca Ritchie – September 10th 2019
- Hate the Game by Holly Hall – September 12th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).