HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!! Lookit what just went LIVE EARLY!! And.. OMG. Tomorrow is HALLOWEEN MONTH!!!!! I am pulling out all of my decorations this upcoming weekend and going to town. *fingers crossed* it cools down here at least a little for it to feel like Florida Fall. 😉 I need the BRISK!!!
1.) I saw Ad Astra this weekend I must admit… Brad Pitt is at his finest. *oooomph* I’ve always acknowledged his handsomeness (but never been overly “crushy” on him – I mean… he’s Brad Pitt. Of course… it’s a no-brainer, so… *shrugs* LOL!!!), but something about his solemn character, his introspective, yet remote narration in this one just made me… *fans self* Maybe I like men with that “more mature” thing goin’ on? ‘Cause he’s got just a touch of that here, even though he still has that perfect baby face, but yeah… his current look (and age?) makes him that much finer.
Oh and… oh yeah!!!! *chagrined* I forgot to mention!!! I really enjoyed the actual movie too, with quite a few crazy-scary moments – some shocking scenes that get you deep (exploring outer space just scares the crap out of me anyway). I’m claustrophobic in all of that vastness. Isn’t that weird? It’s all that emptiness… the nothingness… the though of it overwhelms me – one of my worst nightmares. So this movie creeped me out even if it was about MORE than just… “creepy”. But also what made it amazing was the incredible message after all of it. WOW. JUST WOW. Anyway, definitely a movie worth seeing at the theater. Mind you, a girl in my row, right after pivotal scary scene walked out of the movie with her boyfriend in tow (purse and all) proclaiming “This movie SUCKS!!” so… *shrug* I dunno, what she thought was sucking at that point she decided to leave but at that VERY moment? I. Was. Riveted. LOL!!!!! P.S. I’d tell you what scene it was, but that would be a spoiler. 😉
2.) I made Keto chicken and dumplings in my crockpot yesterday!!! Which essentially means… I made chicken. No dumpings. 😉 LOL!!! The whole shebang though. Nice homemade chicken stock, a ton of shredded chicken breast, a plethora of various veggies, cream, sour cream, some melty cheese in the whole mix. YUMMMMMM!!!!! VERY RICH. I’m having it for lunch. No dumplings though. 😉
3.) I’m reading Park Avenue Player, and it’s kind of… fantastic. WOW. I laughed my butt off in chapter 16, I TOTALLY get her (and even if it’s from both POVs… it works ’cause we don’t always know quite what he’s thinking). And there’s gonna be a twist and I have TWO guesses. Either way, if I win, it’ll be gasp-worthy. There’s depth here. All that to say, I’m almost done but I had to take a step back right-the-heck-now… ’cause I’m at a part that makes me want to ugly cry, so… yeah. No. Instead, for a breather… I decided to make a list 😀 THIS ONE. YAY LISTS!!!!
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- Perfectly Adequate by Jewel E. Ann <— JEWEL E. ANN COMEDY ROMANCE SINGLE DAD ALERT!! And his ex-wife is her idol!! Oooops!! I LOVE this author so now I’m squeeeeeing!! “...Dorothy studies humans, the neurotypical kind, through books and television. Then she emulates their behavioral patterns to fit in with her peers. But nothing can prepare her for Dr. Elijah Hawkins. Single dad. Brilliant pediatric oncologist. And the sexiest doctor at the hospital. When his failed attempts at asking her out turn into a string of playdates with his son, Dorothy finds herself unexpectedly enamored with the boy and his father...”
- A Real Cowboy Always Trusts His Heart (Wyoming Rebels) by Stephanie Rowe
- Secret Obsession (Cordova Empire Book 3) by Ann Mayburn
- Dr. Dan by K. Webster <— K. WEBSTER TABOOOOOOOO ALERT!!! “…They spend more time than ethical on their quest for answers. His position. Her age. Nothing will keep them apart. Not until they get what they came for. Love may not be a cure, but they’re going to test it anyway…”
Jessica: It’s sooo good! Not only that forbidden feel with the age gap but Webster pulled no stops when it came to the feels. My favorite of her taboo treats by far.
- Little Jack (Hell’s Handlers MC Book 6) by Lilly Atlas <— HER FATHER IS THE TOWN SHERIFF… OH OH. 😉 “…Sure, the town’s new sheriff is messing with his club, but it’s nothing they can’t handle. Life only gets better when LJ’s dream woman walks out of his fantasies and into the vacant apartment next to his. Holly is sweet as sugar, curvy in ways that make LJ’s mouth water, and the woman can bake like no other. Personal demons keep LJ from chasing a long-term relationship with any woman, but that doesn’t mean he can’t have a little fun with his hot new neighbor…”
- Hades Academy: Third Semester by Abbie Lyons
- Man Find (Bergen Brothers Book 3) by Krista Sandor
- Cruel Boy (A Dark High School Bully Romance) by Clarissa Wild <— BULLY ROMANCE ALERT!!! “…He’s a notorious heartbreaker … And he’s got his eyes set on me. The twisted games he plays are cruel and dangerous. He teases and tempts me … just to ruin me. Because I know the one thing he doesn’t want anyone to know. A big, dirty secret …”
- SAY YOU LOVE ME (Eva Rae Thomas Mystery Book 4) by Willow Rose
- Harley Merlin 12: Finch Merlin and the Djinn’s Curse by Bella Forrest
- CEO Daddy: a Crescent Cove Standalone by Tarryn Quinn
- Hating the Boss by
- Crazy Rich Cajuns (Boys of the Bayou Book 4) by Erin Nicholas <— HIS HIGH FALUTIN’ FAMILY! “…He wears suits and ties. He’ll one day inherit a fortune. He has a law degree. He shines his shoes, for God’s sake. What is she doing attracted to a guy like him? But she is. She so is. She drives air boats on the bayou, drinks and cusses, and gives city boys in suits a hard time just for fun. Why can’t he get her out of his mind? But he can’t. He definitely can’t…”
- Alma Underwood Is Not A Kleptomaniac by Lacey Dailey <— LIVE!! SOUND SO POIGNANT!! SHE WORKS AT HER PARENT’S MOTEL & FINDS THINGS LEFT BEHIND… “...Her greatest treasure isn’t what she found in room six at Great Lakes Motel, but it’s who she discovered in an old, abandoned train car behind her house. His name is Rumor, and he certainly won’t fit under her bed. After a quick scan of Rumor’s surroundings, it becomes crystal clear that he’s not just hanging out in the train car for a place to escape. He’s living in it. With determination heavy inside her, she does the only thing that makes sense to her… She brings him home. Turns out, he’s looking for a treasure of his own…”
- Hunting Butterflies (Second Kisses Book 1) by Kimberly Carrillo
- Perfect Strangers by J.T. Geissinger <— HE MIGHT NOT BE WHAT HE SEEMS… “…Heartbroken and still haunted by the past, she accepts an offer to spend the summer at a friend’s apartment in Paris in search of healing and her lost muse. What she finds instead is James, an enigmatic stranger who ignites in her an unexpected and all-consuming passion. Agreeing to tell each other nothing more than their first names, Olivia and James embark on a torrid affair. But the more time they spend together, the more Olivia begins to realize her summer fling is turning into a powerful connection…”
- SEALed Protection (Bone Frog Brotherhood Book 5) by Sharon Hamilton
- Dangerous Temptations by Kelly Elliott & Kristin Mayer <— HE’S THE NEW COP IN TOWN… “…Mike Murphy is the new cop in Town. He makes me crazy in all the right ways. So crazy that I lose my filter around him, not to mention my ability to function like a normal person. The attraction between us is undeniable and something we can’t ignore. But there’s a secret that threatens to come between us...”
- Loved by Rebekah Dodson
- Drunk Me (Southern Dreams: Oregon Coast Book 1) by Courtney Lynn Rose
- On the Rebound (Boys of Winter Book 1) by Anna Albo
- Tallowwood by N.R. Walker <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “...When human remains are found in the camping grounds at Tallowwood Reserve, Jake’s new case turns out to be linked to August’s cold cases, and Jake agrees they’re not suicides at all. With Jacob now firmly in August’s corner, they face one hurdle after another, even when more remains are found, they still can’t seem to gain ground. But when the body of a fellow police officer turns up under the same MO, it can’t be ignored anymore...”
- Frat House Confessions: Wes by Bethany Lopez <— BETHANY LOPEZ ALERT!! SHE LIED TO GET HER STORY… “…Trixie’s not ashamed of the exposé she wrote for the college newspaper last year. She’s a woman who knows what she wants and isn’t afraid to do whatever it takes to get the story, even if it meant lying to a friend to get the inside scoop. Still, every time she sees Wes, she regrets the loss of someone she really enjoyed spending time with. Not one for labels, or someone who puts limitations on attraction, Trixie can’t deny the pull she feels toward Wes when they cross paths again...”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- White Knight (Dirty Mafia Duet Book 2) by Meghan March – October 1st 2019
- Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory – October 1st 2019
- Imaginary Friend by Stephen Chbosky – October 1st 2019
- The Shape of Night: A Novel by Tess Gerritsen – October 1st 2019
- Full Throttle: Stories by Joe Hill – October 1st 2019
- A Mrs. Miracle Christmas: A Novel by Debbie Macomber – October 1st 2019
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo – October 1st 2019
- War of Hearts: A True Immortality Novel by S. Young – October 1st 2019
- All I Do (Paradise Beach Book 3) by Tamara Lush – October 4th 2019
- Winter King: Steamy Fantasy Romance (The Wyth Courts Book 1) by JS Dark – October 9th 2019 <— P.S. I think this one wins my heart for BEST COVER. OMG!!!!