Happy Monday everyone!! I’m so excited for Prime Day tomorrow but in the meantime, a bunch of new books just went live! 🙂
1.) This weekend I went to the salon and got my hair re-layered (still long layers – just 2 inches off all over) so it’s not a huge difference. But it needed it!
2.) While there I got a cool semi-permanent dye (some darker copper tones) so my hair is back to being redder like the color it was when I was younger. I’m still so shocked it turned light brown over the years, but the color I have in now doesn’t make a huge difference. Nothing shocking but I love it!! And… I cheated on my curly girl method, and let the hairdresser blow my hair out straight. Eeeeeep! Just for now. 😉
3.) Also WHAT I’M READING ➔ I started “Clayton” (the unrequited love book that everyone was loving after a reader question brought it to light). She was rejected by her true mate (and he chose another)… *oooooomph* OH MY. I’m already SO HOOKED. This is incredible and I’m loving her writing and the details and being in her POV. I think this one is going to rock my world!!
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- EXTENDED THROUGH DECEMBER!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲❤️ WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Body of Trust: A Romantic Suspense Novel by Jeannine Colette <— LIVE!! NANCY FOUND US THIS SURPRISE RELEASE and sent me her review, so here’s a few snippets from it!!
Nancy: A Surprise Release…
…A former mansion once owned by a crime family. Today it is occupied by one big Italian family. It also is the start of the love story of “The heiress and the bartender.”
…Who would have thought that the bartender, would fall for the daughter of the man he was trying to take down? Packed full of action the story has lots of twist & turns. Highly Recommend!
- Lord of London Town by Tillie Cole <— TILLE COLE’S LATEST IS LIVE!! HE’S THE HEAD OF A CRIME FAMILY & SHE’S LIVED HER PERFECT LIFE IN LUXURY… “…since the age of thirteen, Cheska has harboured a secret—an unshakeable fixation on a boy who could never offer her anything close to comfort. A boy steeped in sin and draped in depravity. A boy born into the possessive embrace of darkness. When Cheska’s seemingly perfect world is ripped apart by an unknown but deadly enemy, there’s only one person she can run to. One person in the world who has the power to keep her safe. The one person her weak and shattered heart craves. Arthur Adley. The new head of the most feared crime family in London…”
- I Promise You: Stand-Alone College Sports Romance by Ilsa Madden-Mills <— ILSA MADDEN-MILLS SPORTS ROMANCE ALERT! She laughed in his face! “…Dillon is Waylon’s hotshot quarterback with something to prove. All he wants is to graduate and make it to the NFL. What he doesn’t need is to finally meet the mystery girl he kissed at the bonfire freshman year. Isn’t it enough that she’s haunted his dreams for more than a thousand nights? Fate laughs in his face when he runs into the plucky girl at the Piggly Wiggly. Surrounded by his entourage, he’s got all the Oreos in his cart; she gets revenge by buying every six-pack of his favorite beer. Obviously, that legend is a curse. She’s not his type and hates him. Worst of all, how can she not remember him when she left a Serena-shaped hole in his heart for the past three years?”
- Mutant Unveiled (Freaks of Nature Book 1) by Mel Teshco
- The Last Rule of Makeups (Breakup Bash Book 3) by Nina Crespo <— SHE SWORE OFF HIM… “…tonight, she’s out with her friends at the Breakup Bash—a private party for women celebrating their break-ups—and she’s actually celebrating. Still, it was too close a call. So she makes a deal with herself—no guys for six months. Unfortunately, just as she’s leaving the club, she runs into her old boyfriend, Grey Latham—the guy she’d always wanted to be Mr. Right...”
- Let’s Try This Again: But this time in Paris by Cindy Gunderson
- Taken by the Dragon Shifter (Lone Reach Shifters) by Samantha Leal
- A Lady’s Sinful Intention: A Historical Regency Romance Book by Lucy Langton
- Off the Record by Daisy Blaine
- Heart Strings by Melanie Moreland <— INVISIBLE YET HE SEES HER... “…A woman drowning in sorrow. Invisible. The man that sees it all. Sees her. The only thing that gets Charlotte Prescott through the day is the haunting eyes and magnetic voice that uplifts her in the subway station every evening. All Montgomery Logan wants to do is ease the pain of the woman he feels a strange, protective draw to. He serenades her from afar, knowing their worlds will never intersect. Until the day they do. And everything changes…”
- WolfeStrike (de Wolfe Pack Generations Book 2) by Kathryn Le Veque
- Witching Time: An Ante-Fae Adventure (Wild Hunt Book 14) by Yasmine Galenorn
- Never Too Late by Brenda Jackson
- In His Arms: A Nature of Desire Series Novel by Joey W. Hill <— HE HAD HIS LIFE ALL PLANNED OUT… “…Then an accident puts him in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. And Daralyn, a neighbor with a horrific past, comes to live with his family. Everything is suddenly a lot less simple. Because the way Rory wants her is keeping him up at night. He wants her to belong to him. He wants to command her, protect her. Hell, he can barely say it to himself. He wants to dominate her. The craving is a primal drumbeat in the center of his soul…”
- Aurora’s Cowboy Daddy: A Daddy Dom Romance (Rescue Ranch Book 1) by Melinda Barron
- Her Irish Daddy: A Dark Mafia Romance (New York Mafia Doms Book 1) by Bianca Cole
- Blood That Binds: A Vampire Romance (Blood Legends Duet) by Melissa Winters
- Tame his Beast – a Beauty & the Beast retelling Part 2: A Devil’s Highwaymen MC romance story (A Devil’s Highwaymen Romance) by Claire C. Riley <— BIKER DUET CONCLUSION ALERT! “…*Tame his Beast is a two-part MC romance set in the theme of Beauty & the Beast and based in the Devil’s Highwaymen World.”
- DIRTY DESIRES: A Devil Kings MC Story by Nicole James <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! “…When I do a favor for my imprisoned ex-president’s ol’ lady, I come face to face with the one-night-stand that’s haunted me for three years. She pulled a disappearing Cinderella act on me, vanishing with the dawn. I searched high and low for her, and now that I’ve found her—she’s the definition of off-limits. She’s an MC princess—my MC’s princess. And even if her father no longer runs things, she’s still forbidden with a capital F…”
- Loveless (The Forbidden Series Book 4) by Brookelyn Mosley <— GIVE UP THE LIFE SHE’S LIVING… “...Joi has always been a mystery described in fairy tales she’s yet to star in. That’s until she meets Detective Jeremiah Rhames. He’s loyal, protective, honest and has the patience and discipline to capture her heart while sweeping her off her feet unexpectedly. To her surprise, he’s opened to the one thing she’s shunned for as long as she can remember… love.”
- Dark Deception: A Vampire Romance (Vampire Royals of New York Book 1) by Sarah Piper
- Not by the Playbook: A Fake Relationship Football Romance (Wrong Place, Right Time Book 1) by Ivy Hunt
- Hear No Evil: A New Adult College Romance (The Society Book 2) by Ivy Fox
- Cruel Boys: Dark High School Bully Romance (Elites of Redwood Academy Book 1) by Nora Cobb <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!! “…They’re about to teach me that I’m out of my element. That I have to play their game. That I have to obey their rules. But most importantly: They’ll make me pay the price for my defiance...”
- Dark of the Moon by Amanda Ashley
- Love, Redefined: A Contemporary Romance Novel (Love Lessons Book 1) by Brynn North
- The Spring Break Hook-up by Justine Elvira
- Pretty Brown Eyes (’90s Kinda Love Book 2) by Tia Love
- A Lesson in Blackmail: Black Mountain Academy / Club Alias Novel by KD Robichaux <— FORBIDDEN STUDENT-TEACHER ALERT!! “…She just started this year, my senior year, her first job right out of college. She calls it her dream job, but I’ve had the sick pleasure of making my study period with her every day more a nightmare. I’m fixated on her, obsessed with her, and all I want is to feel the skittish little mouse beneath me.I can’t get her out of my head, not even while partying at my friend’s house, every girl vying for my attention. But they don’t stand a chance, not when my focus is on Ms. Evelyn Richards...”
- Let’s Chill (’90s Kinda Love Book 3) by Elle Jaye <— “…Carrera McIntyre agreed to participate in an insta-marriage reality show only to walk down the aisle and come face to face with the man she left at the altar five years prior. Contractual obligations force the two to embark on a journey that once eluded them...”
- If I Ever Fall In Love (’90s Kinda Love Book 4) by Sam Strahan
- Freak Me (’90s Kinda Love Book 5) by Black Cherrie
- This is What Happened by Megan Hart <— OMG I LOVED THIS BOOK!! USED TO BE CALLED “DIRTY” and now re-released: “...after meeting Dan Stewart, Elle starts wanting things she never has before. And the problem with wanting is that can be like pouring water into a vase full of stones—it fills you up before you know it, leaving no room for anything else…“
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Boyfriend Effect (Frisky Business Book 1) by Kendall Ryan – October 13th 2020
- Pride and Papercuts: Inspired by Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice (The Austen Series Book 5) by Staci Hart – October 13th 2020
- Officially Over It (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 10) by Lani Lynn Vale – October 13th 2020
- Guardian’s Grace (Dark Protectors Book 12) by Rebecca Zanetti – October 13th 2020
- Copper (RBMC: Tulsa, OK Book 2) by K Webster – October 13th 2020
- INVISIBLE GIRL by Lisa Jewell – October 13th 2020
- Every Last Secret by A.R. Torre – October 13th 2020
- The Proposal by Kitty Thomas – October 14th 2020
- Broken Kingdom (Royal Hearts Academy Book 4) by Ashley Jade – October 15th 2020
- One Exquisite Touch (The Extravagant Book 1) by Lauren Blakely – October 16th 2020
- Anarchy at Prescott High (The Havoc Boys Book 4) by C.M. Stunich – October 17th 2020
- Come Here, Kitten (God of War Book 1) by Emilia Rose – October 19th 2020
- Watch Me Drown (Elements of the Heart Book 1) by C.E. Johnson – October 19th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).
1. Unusual family Thanksgiving this weekend. Son & girlfriend joined us but these days not in our bubble. So hung out on the deck all day with 45 F. weather. But had a toasty time under a super large umbrella with heater in middle. It was amazing. Turkey supper was good too. Think we’ll be doing this throughout our Canadian fall.
2.Just had my dental appointment. All I could think about was Tasha’s horrible experience a little while back. They’re not doing the water pick thing due to Covid. Saw all the instruments on the tray. Yikes. However she was a gentle soul and all went well. *sigh of relief*
3. Got a great haircut and highlights…so nice when you find someone who does a good job on your hair.
OMG Mony, your wonderful Thanksgiving celebration sounds AMAZING. What a great idea, and that nice brisk air with a heater is what I want to have going on here too.
We’re back to being TOO HOT. *sigh* I want to put my Halloween decorations out.
And yes, I LOVE when my hair is freshly cut and styled. I feel so good right now. 🙂
It’s hot here too. A fall hot though, if that makes sense. Supposed to get up to 76 today. And has been for the last week/week and a half? I was grumbling this morning that I wanted to wear my sweaters. It’s mid October! In 2 weeks it’ll be snowing, I bet. End of this week though is low 50s/60s!!
You lucky duck!! I didn’t know they weren’t doing the water picks bc of Covid. I have to admit, I do have gingivitis. Not as bad as some of the cases I’ve seen on the internet, but the bleeding gums for sure. I’ve had them bleed since I was a kid though. And it got so bad with my last 2 pregnancies. The hormones! I would literally be talking and someone would gasp and say your teeth are bleeding! Yep, just randomly bleed for no reason. So, my teeth are generally awesome besides that. And my husband does not. And like I said, he had the same awful experience. My kids have theirs coming up, I’m a little scared for them. 😬 And since my cleaning? No blood. None. How crazy is that? She bleed me dry! 😂🤣 For real though, I get her again and I will request someone else or ask to be put under.
OMG, bled dry?…lots of giggles at this end…husband just looked at me..don’t think I can explain
Oh, I wanna read Clayton. If you love it, I bet I will too! And, you’re reading paranormal!! How exciting!
Your hair color sounds really pretty. I too wanna refresh my hair. I was thinking of doing a richer base color and then kind of like a “dipped” look for the bottom portion. I dk what color. I like coppers and reds.
1. My weekend consisted of me binging all of Emily in Paris, an early soccer game, laundry and…
2. Our sewer line backed up, again. So as I was doing laundry, water burst out of the pipe everywhere. Like a constant downpour. Until hubs augered it out. Temporary fix, now we’re calling around for a permanent one.
3. So, my plans all week I saved for this weekend were shot. I did go to the apple store and updated a couple iPads we’ve had for like 7 years. And, I finally bit the bullet and got a MacBook Pro. Now, wondering if I should sage the room. Cuz maybe it’s cursed. The desk and all. Maybe now when I attempt to do ANYTHING at all, I won’t run into roadblock after roadblock and have to call my brother cursing up a storm. 🤞
Yes Tasha!!! All I want to do right now is read, it’s just that good, and has that “old school” feel ya know? I AM so into it and I don’t even care that it’s paranormal. THIS is exactly what I’m looking for in the paranormal department.
Everything is very clear and detailed and I can see everything vividly like a movie. And I’m feeling a love triangle coming on (as well as the whole unrequited love issue making my antsy – because now someone is being difficult!!!). 😂
I AM LOVING IT!
Also I think I’ll watch Emily in Paris tonight while I prepare tomorrow’s new release list. Everyone is loving it, it seems!
P.S. Yes… sage it. 😉
*hugs Tasha for her crazy weekend*
Runs to Amazon to purchase sage…,
Omg you must. So many funny moments and boys!! So many boys. I love the boss too, I’m rooting for that relationship. And the episode where she goes away and meets a boy. Omg I died laughing, you’ll see. 😉
Yup, one click!
I have been binge reading Susan Stoker’s Seal of Protection Series. I had never read any of her books but these stories about Navy Seals has been the perfect escape.
I think someone else mentioned they were reading Susan Stoker right now and loving it!! WOW… okay I need to post a few of her series then!! Thank you so much Kathy!
Whoops! I’m, so excited about Prime Day and my fresh hair I totally forgot to do today’s blasts from the past list!
Tasha, thanks for the rec about Emily in Paris…I just let my daughter know about it & will be checking it out. ☺️🤞
Yes!! You two will love it!
I’m watching it now. They are so mean to her!!
OMG her neighbor is ALL SORTS OF *oooooomph*
“I like you”
GRRRRR THAT NEIGHBOR.
*tries to shut down swooooooning*
But they’re mean in a loving way….they just don’t realize it yet. 😂
And like Emily, I want her to win over the boss. She’s got that vulnerable side, underneath the b**ch.
*sigh* yes the neighbor.
I want different for her, but you can’t help swoon a little bit. Even after, ya know? And the chemistry..*fans self*
OH THE CHEMISTRY.
He is just something!!!!!
OMG the father in Champagne is killing me. I can’t stop giggling. He is SO believable. 😂
Oooooh Camille’s brother looks like her neighbor.
This just got extra interesting.
“Told you! His coq is the best!”
I liked it! Marathon watched it while preparing the Tuesday post and Prime Day finds. Very fun.
I also feel like it has a similar feel to “Younger” in regards to the work dynamics and the female boss’s attitude. Definitely one to watch if you haven’t yet and enjoyed Emily in Paris. 🙂
And there are many seasons so I think I’m on season 3 now?
Hello guys, So after the recommendation I went ahead and read Clayton and I’m on my way to reading Cassius. I have to say paranormal is not my genre, but I really enjoyed this one, alot!! Rya, gosh, you Feel everything she is going through, Dallas is book boyfriend material and holy, but I sympathized with Clayton and let me just say I have a crush on the Silverback Alpha and he is not even our main lead. I swear I do not have daddy issues😂 but if there was a list for best book father – in law he would be my top 10.
Oh I LOVE THIS Shaleen!!!!!
It’s SOOOOO GOOD isn’t it? It feels so real.