1.) It’s been raining daily (and I mean pouring rain) for at least 2 weeks now. I love the rain, and my outside “patio garden” is getting so big and bushy, and everything is so green, though some of my stuff is not happy at all. My thyme totally crashed. One of my basil plants did too. Two of my tomato plants aren’t too thrilled either.
2.) That said, two of my other basil plants keep growing obnoxiously, and I keep trimming it, using some, rerooting other pieces and planting them. I have an abundance of basil and I LOVE it!!! Need to make pesto next. 😀 Pesto on zoodles, or shirataki noodles <— P.S. Keto friends, these are my absolute favorite – and I have tried them ALL. I can’t detect any smell or flavors like with the other ones. I don’t even have to do the whole boil-then-fry thing. I can just pop them right in the microwave and they’re wonderful!!
3.) If you missed it last night, my latest review is up (Carry the World) and I 4.5 star loved it! I don’t know what I want to read next. Either Aly Martinez’s latest duet or Jewel E. Ann’s latest release, Jersey Six (it sounds crazy and I LOVE that!! And quite a few in our book crew are LOVING it) or start the Parallel duet (oh I think that one’s gonna hurt)!
Cheryl: Just finished Jersey Six. 5 stars!! It was a rollercoaster of an emotional read. Your heart just breaks for Jersey. I was on edge wondering how this was going to end. I did figure one thing out correctly but was surprised by something else. Just when you think it’s going to be ok, nope, real life continued to happen and the angst just kept coming. Perfect ending; does not leave you wanting more. Definitely a book you need chocolate and tissues for. If you have triggers it may not be the book for you.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- The One by Kaneana May <— SHE ENDS UP ON A REALITY SHOW!! “…On the wrong side of thirty, Bonnie Yates wants a happily ever after. Problem is, she keeps choosing the wrong guys. When an ex returns to town with a fiancee in tow, history and temptation collide. Unable to shake her inappropriate feelings, Bonnie flees, becoming an unlikely contestant on popular dating show The One. Will she find what she’s looking for?…”
- Dirty Irish (Murphy Brothers Book 3) by Magan Vernon <— CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE!! He needs a wife... “…My life has revolved around the two things I’ve always loved: whiskey and rugby. Now the marriage clause in my Da’s will has me putting both on the back burner if I want to save the Murphy’s Pub empire and find a wife. As the last brother to get married, I need a little help, and that’s where my sister-in-law’s American best friend, Leah, comes into the picture…”
- Within Range (Ranger Ops Book 2) by Em Petrova
- Key to Her Heart (Hearts on the Line Book 2) by Anya Sharpe
- Fractured Heart (LUV Academy Book 1) by Mia Harlan and Vivi Clarke <— REVERSE HAREM ALERT!! “…They each bring their own brand of sexy and I want them all: The relentless flirt, The sophisticated mountain-man, The sweet boy next door, And the bad-boy bully who hates me with a passion...”
- Promise Me Nothing (Hermosa Beach Book 1) by Jillian Liota <— PROMISES HE MIGHT NOT BE ABLE TO KEEP… “...I didn’t pick up my life and move to this urban beach city to spend my days swooning over a rich bad boy who rides a motorcycle and seems to know every girl in town. I’m here to get to know the brother I’ve never met. To try and create a family when I’ve gone so long without one. Maybe find a place where I belong. So why can’t I seem to get him off my mind?…”
- BRASH: An Enemies to Lovers Romance by SC Daiko <— SHE’S A MAFIA PRINCESS & HE’S AN ALPHA-JERK!! “...I’m cast away on a tropical island with a dirty, damaged alpha-hole. Women swoon over him. I’m not one of them. I hate him. And I see right through those indigo-blue eyes. Brash is hurting…”
- 10-Code (Rock Point Book 4) by Freya Barker <— OLDER WOMAN/YOUNGER MAN ALERT!! PLUS… SINGLE MOM TRYNG TO MAKE ENDS MEET & THE SINGLE DAD COP THERE TO HELP HER 😉 ! “…As a forty-one-year-old mother of three boys, working two jobs, Marya Berger doesn’t have the time or energy to consider a relationship. Especially after a lifetime of poor choices in the romance department. But when the disappearance of a young boy strikes a little too close to home, and a younger man she’s tried to ignore offers his help, she doesn’t stand in the way…“
- Benched (Gold Hockey Book 4) by Elisa Faber <— SINGLE DAD HOCKEY STAR ALERT!! “…Max had experienced love and all of its aftereffects and where had that gotten him? Lonely, living in an apartment, and paying alimony to a woman who’d left him at the merest sign of a hiccup in their marriage. His only bright spot was his son. Brayden had moved back in with him a few months ago, after his mother had taken off to God knew where. Max loved having him home, but with his son only seven and him on the road for forty-two games a year, they’d struggled. Still, they’d found a way to make it work. But then Brayden threw Max a completely new curve ball. He wanted Max to find a wife...”
- Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn <— AVERY FLYNN ALERT!! HE’S A HOCKEY STAR & THEY’RE STUCK ON A 5-DATE DEAL!! “…All I want is to play hockey on the Ice Knights, instead, I’m in a viral video for all the wrong reasons and my mom–yes, my mom–has taken over my dating apps. Then, when I think it can’t get any worse, the fates deliver Zara Ambrose, a five-feet-nothing redhead with more freckles than inches and who’d rather be anywhere other than on a date with me. Now a bet with her friends and my PR nightmare have us both stuck in this go-on-five-dates-with-the-same-person hell situation…”
- Fallen Daughters: A Dark Romance by Alta Hensley
- Summer at Firefly Beach: The perfect feel good summer romance by Jenny Hale
- Change of Heart by K.M. Neuhold<— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! Does my husband’s heart still miss me now that it beats in the chest of another man? “…His heart kept another man alive. River. A stranger in the world with Easton’s husband’s heart pumping the blood that warms his skin. Does his heart ever miss Easton without knowing why?..”
- How to Lose a Fiancé by Stefanie London <— ARRANGED MARRIAGE ALERT!! “...The family company is crumbling, and her father has arranged a marriage to a Greek billionaire who can save their property business. What?! Umm no thank you. If Cinderella can dress up to win a prince, surely Sophia can do the opposite and ditch hers…..”
- 27 Ways to Find a Boyfriend by Shari L. Tapscott <— SHE’S THE BOSS’S DAUGHTER… “…Jessa’s guy-finding list is the stupidest idea known to man. The only reason Addison doesn’t have a boyfriend is because she’s the boss’s daughter, and none of the guys in our shop want to be fired...”
- Shoot (Black & Blue Book 4) by Melyssa Winchester
- RETURN (Rewind Book 2) by Rowan Shaw
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Letters to Molly (Maysen Jar Book 2) by Devney Perry – June 18th 2019
- Broken With You (Stark Security Book 2) by J. Kenner – June 18th 2019
- Violent Ends (White Monarch Book 2) by Jessica Hawkins – June 18th 2019
- A Merciful Promise (Mercy Kilpatrick Book 6) by Kendra Elliott – June 18th 2019
- Nine: The Tale of Kevin Clearwater by T.M. Frazier – June 18th 2019
- Yes, Officers by S.E. Hall – June 20th 2019
- Stuck with You: A ONE WEEK Novella by Roya Carmen – June 20th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).