<— HAPPY MONDAY & CANADA DAY to my family and friends!!! We’ve got a mini list of new releases, including a trilogy (that one there to the left) that sounds INCREDIBLE and all three books released at the same time!!! YAY US!!!
ALSO!!! The Girl He Used to Know: A Novel (I 5-star LOVED it!! It had an incredible twist!!!) is back on super-bargain today!!!! If you missed the big sale yesterday, it’s been extended, and it’s a MUST READ!! P.S. Here’s my review. 😀
1.) An update on Bird Poop Corn. It’s a sad one…🙁 I’m so sad, but I can’t be mad… my landscaper/weeder guy came by last week. Did an AWESOME job as usual. But.. a little overzealous in the weeding as he apparently thought that ONE LONE CORN STALK amidst my flower bed didn’t belong. And he plucked it. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *thud* *fainted*
Leslie M: Oooooooh nooooooo!!! 😱 RIP bird poop corn.
Cheryl: Oh nooo. Reminds me of when my Dad was “helping” and pulled up a little lemon tree/plant my kids had started from a seed. They still mess with him about it whenever he is “helping” in the yard.
2.) I watched THREE amazing movies back-to-back on Saturday while I worked on properly re-organizing blog posts into their proper categories. Green Book, Gran Torino, The Upside. It was a full day of amazing movies about unconventional friendships and personal growth. LOVE them all!
Green Book is FANTASTIC. It’s no wonder it got so much hype and awards. It was absolute perfection. Probably my favorite movie of all time right now, and had me crying happy tears. The ending brought tears to my eyes… and then very very end had me crying. LOVED it.
Gran Torino: I love how in his last two movies (the other one I just watched by him was “The Mule” – also fantastic!!). He’s always a grumpy old guy suffering his own personal issues but giving people life advice by telling them what to do. And yet, he grows, too. It was so deep. Clint Eastwood is a master with movies and picking the right stories and bringing growth to those that watch. Amazing actor, and an amazing producer and director. He’s officially my favorite.
The Upside: I was so scared this one was going to make me cry (for obvious reasons) but it was wonderful too. Funny, uplifting, and had me beaming by the end. I love that it’s a true story. Warms my heart so much.
3.) My latest 5 STAR review is up!!! Don’t bite me. 😉 The Wives by Tarryn Fisher <— fantastic and twisty!!!!
ALSO BREAKING NEWS UPDATE!! BIG NEW KINDLE UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP & PRIME MEMBERSHIP DEAL ALERT!! 👏👏👏👏 Prime members that have not joined Kindle Unlimited yet can get a KU membership for THREE MONTHS FREE! ➔ https://amzn.to/31RLyiG
New to Prime? Sign up for a 30 day free membership. I renew every year and use the HECK out of it (shipping, movies, music, books and ALL). I AM HOOKED!! ➔ https://amzn.to/2FGCl3j <— P.S. PRIME DAY IS COMING IN JULY!! 😬😲😁 2 WHOLE DAYS of awesomeness so if you aren’t a Prime member yet, now’s your chance!!!
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- In Moonlight and Memories: Volume One by Julie Ann Walker <— BACK FROM THE MILITARY & IT SOUNDS LIKE A LOVE TRIANGLE!! “...Ten years ago, Cash Armstrong stole my heart. Then he promptly joined the army—dragging my best friend with him—and left me crying on the front porch in a red sequined prom dress. Now he’s back. They’re both back. Cash, the one who still has my heart. And Luc, the one who saved my life...” P.S. ALL THREE of the books went live at the same time!!! 😀 !!!!
- In Moonlight and Memories: Volume Two by Julie Ann Walker
- In Moonlight and Memories: Volume Three by Julie Ann Walker
- Saint (Knights of Fury Book 1) by Chantal Fernando <— CHANTAL FERNANDO ALERT!! He’s writing to her from prison… “…Five years. That’s a long time to go without talking to somebody, especially someone who was such a huge part of your life… A letter from my first kiss and my childhood everything…from prison. He may be nicknamed Saint, but this sweet, sexy biker most definitely has a wild streak. Hearing from him draws me right back into the Knights of Fury motorcycle club—the people I’ll always think of as family. He’s still the only man I’ve ever wanted…”
- The Pursued: A Contemporary Reverse Harem Romance (Savage Mountain Men) by Mika Lane
- Smoke and Survival (Best Wishes Book 2) by A.J. Macey
- The Disgraced Bride (The Spinsters Guild Book 2) by Rose Pearson
- A Doctor’s Dilemma (Lifeline Air Rescue Book 3) by Laura Scott
- A Summer Escape and Strawberry Cake at the Cosy Kettle: A feel good, laugh out loud romantic comedy by Liz Eeles
- Where Dandelions Bloom by Tara Johnson <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!! She’s on the run from abuse… “…Cassie Kendrick is on the run. Her abusive father arranged her marriage to a despicable man, but she’s discovered an escape. Disguised as a man, Cassie enlists in the Union army, taking the name Thomas Turner. On the battlefields of the Civil War, keeping her identity a secret is only the beginning of her problems, especially after she meets Gabriel Avery, a handsome young photographer…”
- Loved by the Princess: A Reverse Harem Romance (Realm of the Chosen Book 2) by Sadie Waters
- Make Me Need by Kate Robert
- One Wicked Week by Nicole Marsh
- Between the Lines by Lauren Hawkeye
- Falling for the Veteran (Little Sky Romance Book 2) by Alexa Rivers
- One Wild Weekend with Connor (One Wild Weekend with Series Book 1) by Lexi Hart <— TRAPPED WITH AN EX-CON ALERT!! “...When a ruggedly handsome ex-con arrives on her doorstep, Evelyn is too busy saving his life to consider why he’d risk being out on the water during a storm. Alone, and trapped inside her beach house with the dangerously sexy Connor, Evelyn is forced to confront more than her growing attraction to a man she shouldn’t want...”
- Rebel High Reject: A High School Bully Romance by Olivia Grey
- Huntress: A Reverse Harem Urban Fantasy (Gods of War Chronicles Book 1) by Elizabeth Hartwell –
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Protect the Prince (A Crown of Shards Novel Book 2) by Jennifer Estep – July 2nd 2019
- It Wasn’t Me (KPD Motorcycle Patrol Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale – July 2nd 2019
- Surfside Sisters: A Novel by Nancy Thayer – July 2nd 2019
- Devoted to Love (A Devoted Lovers Novel Book 2) by Shayla Black – July 2nd 2019
- The Me I Used to Be: A Novel by Jennifer Ryan – July 2nd 2019
- Someone to Honor (A Westcott Novel Book 6) by Mary Balogh – July 2nd 2019
- Tangle (Dogwood Lane Book 2) by Adriana Locke – July 2nd 2019
- Dream Maker (The Dream Series Book 1) by Kristen Ashley – May 26th 2020 <— KRISTEN ASHLEY ALERT!!!!
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).