The Firebrand (The Blood Coven Series Book 1) <— MIXED BREED VAMPIRE KIDNAPS HER (SHE HAS CANCER!!) & BRINGS HER TO HIS REALM... and to celebrate this recent release, T.M. Smith is today’s newsletter sponsor!!
So what’s it about?
It’s about your average career girl with a terminal illness. Toss in a kidnapping, another realm, and a few vampire twists and you have the first book of the Blood Coven series.
Rein, a Vampire mixed breed, plunged into the abyss of bludfrenzy. With icy resolve, he crawled out to become a Firebrand. He doesn’t make rash decisions.
Braelyn takes a shortcut through an alley musing about what she can’t have. A new job. Adventure. A cancer-free brain. Instead, she writes for a paranormal tabloid. No, she doesn’t believe such nonsense, but she’s heading to Cleveland on assignment. Oh, and her tumor is back.
Rein kidnaps her and takes her to his realm, igniting a fiery romance.
An ancient threat hunts for descendants of the Blood Coven who divided the world into three realms fifteen hundred years ago to protect humans from savage Aeternals. Then, they scattered across Earth, marrying, raising children, dying, burying their secrets in time. Generations grew, unaware of their legacy.
Braelyn is squarely in the hunter’s sights, and Rein is her best chance to survive.
*Five Facts: THE FIREBRAND by T. M. Smith
1. Rein, the MMC of THE FIREBRAND, has a favorite drink. It’s a Demon Scourge with a Cold Pulse. Warning. Here’s the recipe but don’t drink it unless you’re a vampire:
- 2 ounces Demon Scourge Whiskey
- 1 ounce succubus blood in place of sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Garnish: none
- Add the whiskey, succubus blood and both bitters to a mixing glass with ice. Stir until well-chilled. Strain into a chilled tumbler rather than a cocktail glass because those are for sissy drinks.
2. Kole, Rein’s Firebrand stronghold commander and animus demon, appears in the soon-to-be-released second book of the Blood Coven series as the MMC. Stay tuned for THE DEMON’S FIRE.
3. Braelyn is from Seattle, WA, just a hop-skip-and-a-jump away from me.
4. Braelyn James is a reporter for her father’s paranormal tabloid, Strange But True. She didn’t believe a word printed in it until she met Rein.
Braelyn to her father, the owner and publisher of the paranormal tabloid Strange But True:
“I’m tired of demon kidnappings. My monsters all look the same. Red, horned, scaly. Can’t I get an alcoholic genie stuck in a gin bottle or a vampire with a blood phobia? How about a witch who’s allergic to broomsticks and has a sneezing fit every time she rides one?”
SIDE NOTE FROM MARYSE —> Tee hee!!! Boy is SHE in for a surprise. 😉
5. Ram, the satyr and Firebrand warrior who clashes with Rein, may appear in another Blood Coven series book as the MMC.
*Song List from several books in the Blood Coven series
- “Let’s Light It Up” by Kottonmouth Kings
- “Remember the Name” by Fort Minor
- “Firebreather” by Macklemore
- “Tough Mudder Trucker” by Mickey Lamantia
- “The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face” by Roberta Flack