Lots of new updates from our favorite paranormal authors!!
- MaryJanice Davidson updates us on her upcoming book Undead and Undermined (Undead/Queen Betsy) (coming out July 5th 2011), and includes a little chapter for our enjoyment (careful for spoilers!!)
- Alyssa Day releases her latest book cover for Vampire in Atlantis (release date June 7th 2011). I love her blog, because we get tidbits of her new life in Japan (where she now lives). I get a feeling she is both fascinated by her surroundings, and yet, feeling homesick…
- Oh here’s some news!! A little bit “old” but I had no clue, so news to me! Looks like Diana Gabaldon’s “Outlander” will be made into a movie. Rumor is “Katherine Heigl” might be cast as Claire. Whatdya think?
- Stacia Kane updates us on her Downside book#4 progress. YAY Terrible!! (Sidenote: My mom is officially afflicted with Terrible Fever!):
We’re well over 100k on the fourth Downside book, and the end is in sight, finally. As I said on Twitter yesterday, I think my first draft will end up around 125-130k, and I know I’ll be cutting at least 15 out of that. CITY OF GHOSTS was 110k, so this one will probably end up right around there, maybe a bit longer. I am fairly pleased with it, I am, and wrote a scene I absolutely love the other day, in addition to, I think, one of my favorite lines I’ve ever written, and one of my favorite lines of dialogue I’ve ever written (which came, surprisingly, from Lex, but then he’s surprised me a few times in this one). So I’m chugging along, and I’m nervous about whether you’ll all like it but I’m feeling fairly confident that at the very least you’ll enjoy one particular scene.
Stacia also mentions a plot twist in another post:
I’d actually expected to have it done already, but a plot twist came out of nowhere and necessitated some more words and some changes. This is a really twisty one, which is fun; I’m hoping everyone thinks it’s fun, at least.
- Rachel Vincent provides a link to the latest in her Soul Screamers series “Reaper” (a novella – short story). You can read it free in PDF format here. She says:
Here’s a quick rundown of things you might want to know about “Reaper.”
- Rachel also let’s us in on her struggles as she writes her latest adult series. She says:
…it’s the first book in a brand new series, with brand new characters and brand new world-building. And I don’t really know the characters or their world like I should yet. I’m getting to know them. But that means I’ll have to go back during the revisions and rewrite the entire beginning of the book to adjust for the stuff I didn’t know back when I wrote it.
- Caridad Pineiro gives us a tidbit of her upcoming book “The Lost” (first in her paranormal “The Sin Hunter” series – shapeshifters and all sorts of yummy things!!) – release date August 1st 2011. Three of her novellas will also be featured in Nocturne’s “Bite” series, including a novella that features feature Diana Reyes and Ryder Latimer. YES!! (from her “The Calling” series – love this series!)
- Nalini Singh updates us with a little FAQ on her Psy/Changeling & Guild Hunter Series (more books to come for both!!) and here’s the cover for Kiss of Snow (Psy/Changeling) (and the backcover blurb) – release date May 31st 2011
- Michelle Rowen is currently writing “That Old Black Magic” (the 3rd book in the Eden and Darrak series, featuring Lucas). She will also be working on a new series (guess it’s sort of a “spinoff”), that will involve old characters that she didn’t quite intend on continuing after the original series ended. But Michelle has been inspired, and in 2013, a new series will be released. She says:
This is not Immortality Bites nor will it be promoted as such, BUT it will star Sarah and Thierry as they embark on their eternal lives together, therefore there will definitely still be romantic elements threaded into the mystery plots.
She goes on to say:
… I’m thrilled for the opportunity and hope that fans of the Immortality Bites books will follow Sarah Dearly to the mystery aisles, and that new readers will enjoy reading about my vampire couple in their fresh series starter. Reading the original books will not be necessary, but will certainly enhance a reader’s experience with the new books to know the back story.
- Jeaniene Frost is still working on Cat and Bones #6 (tentatively titled but she can’t spill yet). The word “Grave” will be in it, though (hehe).
- Jaye Wells is working on Silver-Tongued Devil (“the most mystery-driven book of the seris thus far), and also links to the cover photo shoot.
- Gena Showalter’s “Seduce the Darkness (Alien Huntress, Book 4)” as a free read on “Pocket After Dark” until Nov 30th 2010.
- AND!! Shayla Black has a book available as free read too (temporarily) on Pocket After Dark —> Tempt Me with Darkness (The Doomsday Brethren, Book 1).
- Carrie Vaughn has two books coming out, and some covers too! Kitty’s Big Trouble (June 28th 2011) & Kitty’s Greatest Hits – collection of short stories (August 16th 2011)
- Larissa Ione’s UK Eternal Rider (Lords of Deliverance) cover. Oh my! I think I like it better then our version…