Jasmin is looking for this book and there’s plenty of detail! Oh well, instantly what comes to mind are two books (though I don’t remember all of the details below in these stories), so I’m probably way off. 😉
That’s okay… this is totally one of my favorite tropes (hiding out from ex and bonding with her neighbor), so let’s make a list while we try and figure it out! 😀
I’m not sure if this is the right place to send these but I really need help finding a book I read once.
It’s a romance where the heroine has an ex she has trouble with. I only remember random details but here they are:
• the heroine was staying at a beach house and she sparks a romance with her neighbor
• I remember she had some kind of medical condition with her blood sugar. Not sure what it was called but she had to closely monitor her sugar levels and she had injections in case her levels were too high or low.
• because of her condition, she’s prone to passing out. So the male lead gets very protective after he finds her passed out in front of her house one day
• she keeps getting harassed by her ex but figured she’s safe since she’s at a beach house he doesn’t know
• There’s one part I have no idea if it was this book or I’m mixing up books so it might be irrelevant, but I think the book starts with them meeting because he hears a banging and yelling and runs to the neighbor house that he thought was empty to find the heroine is being attacked by some guy. Like I said, no idea if it’s the same book.
SPOILERS AHEAD FOR EXTRA DETAIL:
• if I’m remembering right, she feels like she’s holding him back because her medical condition so she ends up leaving without saying anything. I think he follows her but not sure
• at her apartment she ends up getting kidnapped by her ex and the male lead calls the police and is extremely worried because if she doesn’t get her injections if she needs them, she could die.
That’s what I remember and thank you so much. So glad I found your blog, I’ve been getting so many great reads from your list.
Anyone have a guess?
Maryse: The two that I’m thinking about are Someone Else’s Ocean by Kate Stewart (and here’s my review) or maybe Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. I didn’t read that one but I watched the movie and loved it!
Have a reader question for us to solve? Send it to me here.