This series was the answer to one of our reader questions, and we also have some huge fans of the series amongst our book crew!! And… I’ve got the entire series reading order (including novellas in the right order!!) 😀
Jennifer: …the Zodiac Academy series by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti. Fantastic series!!!!
Kristy: I’m on book 5. Totally sucked in. Love it!
Tessa: …have to finish another book I was HIGHLY anticipating …The 4th…from the Zodiac Academy by Caroline Peckham and Susanne Valenti. It’s one of my favorite series from last year. Though, the book is HUGE. lol 733 pages! Yet so far, not a wasted word.
bev: …on YouTube some of the people I watch really love The Zodiac Academy by Caroline Peckham… I really want to try the Zodiac Academy, but for those who like it they tend to binge it, so might be better as a summer read. You know those really hot summer days when you don’t want to move beyond turning a page and taking sips of something with too much ice?
Leah: Love this series!!!
Laina: Great series!
About book #1:
I’m a Gemini. Impulsive. Curious. Headstrong. A twin. Heir to a throne I know nothing about. And it turns out, I’m Fae.
But of course there’s a catch – all I have to do to claim my birth right is prove that I’m the most powerful supernatural in the whole of Solaria. And sure, technically that’s true as I’m the daughter of the Savage King. But the bit they didn’t put in the brochure was that every single Fae in this Kingdom would claim my throne if they could.
The school they’ve sent me to is both dangerous as sh*t and one helluva party. Vampires bite weaker students in the corridors, the Werewolf pack has orgies in the Wailing Wood at every full moon and don’t even get me started on the dark and twisted ways the Sirens use their powers on people’s emotions, or how my sinfully tempting Cardinal Magic teacher hosts detentions that leave people needing therapy.
Classes are totally interesting if you manage to live through them. And that Gemini star sign I mentioned? It now determines my elemental magic and affects my destiny, so learning astrology is essential if I’m going to beat down my classmates – which is actively encouraged by the way.
My biggest problem is the drool worthy Dragon shifter who has his eyes on my throne. He and his three psycho friends are determined to make my time here hell.
All I’ve got to do is survive. But fate might have other ideas.
Dammit, why couldn’t I have gotten a letter to Hogwarts?
***This is a dark, bully romance – don’t go expecting a sweet school for magic with friends around every corner. Fae fight for everything they own and Zodiac Academy is a cutthroat school for students aged 18+ where only the strongest prevail. There’s no Dumbledore here to save anyone’s ass and Lionel Acrux will give Voldemort a run for his money in the evil dictator category. So hold onto your stardust (broomsticks not required) and get ready for a bumpy ride***
SERIES READING ORDER:
- Zodiac Academy: Origins of an Academy Bully (Book #0.5) <— This is a prequel novella set five years before Zodiac Academy: The Awakening
- Zodiac Academy: The Awakening (Book #1)
- Zodiac Academy: The Awakening As Told By The Boys (Book # 1.5) <— This is a retelling of the first book in the Zodiac Academy series from the point of view of Orion and the Heirs and should be read after you have finished the original story.
- Zodiac Academy 2: Ruthless Fae (Book #2)
- Zodiac Academy 3: The Reckoning (Book #3)
- Zodiac Academy 4: Shadow Princess (Book #4)
- Zodiac Academy 5: Cursed Fates (Book #5)
- Zodiac Academy: The Big A.S.S. Party (Book # 5.5)
- Night (<— a bonus Leon chapter – Ideally, this should be read after finishing all of Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series and after book 5 of Zodiac Academy!! MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILERS!!! Read on at your own risk!)
- Seth on the Moon (# 5.6) <— free chapter
- Zodiac Academy 6: Fated Throne (Book #6)
- Zodiac Academy 7: Heartless Sky (Book #7)
- Savage (found in the “Hell Hath No Fury” anthology) <— A short story prequel set in Solaria (twin’s parents and how they met – in essence it’s a prequel, but should be read only after book #5 – big Zodiac Academy spoilers if not)
- Zodiac Academy 8: Sorrow and Starlight (Book #8)
- Zodiac Academy 9 – title and release date TBA
I LOVE this series. Waited and waited for the 8th and final book to come out and the story didn’t finish???? Did they finally kill Lionel? Book 9 was all about the guys and just a recap from their perspective. What’s going on??
Apparently they decided to extend the series by another book. Date of release and title TBD. I am super disappointed as well 🙁
Thank goodness! I was so bummed with the ending of book 8 leaving everything hanging. 🙂
Good I can stop reading book 9! I don’t really care for the Heirs perspective. Book 8 left a cliffhanger and I’m not happy I’ve spent hours in book 9 hoping to get my conclusion. Argh. Authors should state as such! I’m sure others would prefer to bypass book 9 seeing we already experienced it from the twin’s perspective which honestly was way more climactic.
Soooo good! The series literally destroyed me. Darcy and Orion are simply the best. Loved their secret relationship as student/teacher at the Academy. Book five was heartbreaking. If anyone knows of similar books especially with a forbidden love story in a fantasy setting, please let me know because I need to get over this series :’)
The Bonds That Tie Series by J. Bree is amazing!! its officially one of my faves now. i read them before i read zodiac academy. 100% worth a read if you loved zodiac academy. i promise you wont be disappointed!!!
Wait so you mentioned Ruthless boys has major spoilers, should i wait to read them til after the series then to avoid spoilers for the rest of the books or did i misunderstand what you meant by that comment
WAIT!!! If you mean “Night” (the bonus chapter) it’s spoilers FOR the Ruthless Boys of the Zodiac series if you read it before reading that series.
Personally, I’d wait to read it, until I’ve already read The Ruthless Boys series too.
However, if you don’t mind spoilers, read to your hearts content. 😉 Just read it in order here to keep this series in order.
IN LOVE with these books…. I’ve read there other 2 series already as well…. but honestly i need a whole book of just Seth and Caleb! I am in love with them 🙂