Author Brit Lunden is today’s newsletter sponsor and we’re celebrating the recent release of her book The Devil and Dayna Dalton: (Book 9) A Bulwark Anthology. The series looks like a fun one to devour… following various characters in a small town (Bulwark, Georgia) and strange things are happening there (each story… a different “strange thing”). I just read the blurb of book #1 and it gave me a jolt! Totally up my creepy, paranormal (yet love stories!!) alley!
<— And THIS book sounds intense and right up our unrequited love (she’s in love with a married police officer – you’ll meet him in the first book Bulwark)… Oh oh. You KNOW that gave me a blurb jolt too! It’s book #9 in this series (but from the reviews, I’m seeing it can be read as a standalone – or at least… it’s easy to follow even if you haven’t read the others). 😀
What’s The Devil and Dayna Dalton about?
Reporter Dayna Dalton’s reputation has been ruined since birth. The daughter of wild child, Becky Dalton, is expected to follow her mother’s footsteps; never given a chance to prove she’s different.
Dayna’s been in love with Clay Finnes since she was a teenager. Her unrequited love for Sheriff Finnes leaves her empty. He’s happily married and unavailable. Instead, Dayna finds herself stuck in the revolving door of bad relationships.
But this is Bulwark, Georgia, a town where strange things are always happening. Dayna is doomed to this loveless life until she can find someone who will appreciate the depth of her character.
Can she overcome her fears and look beyond her own perceptions to accept a greater love?
SERIES READING ORDER (though most of the stories in this Anthology is written by different authors)
About book #1 ➔ Bulwark: Clay Finnes is the sheriff of a small town in Georgia called Bulwark. Recently separated from his wife, all he can think about is what went wrong, and will Jenna ever come back to him. He’s troubled by a bothersome reporter trying to build a story from what he thinks is a normal day in his life…
Clay has to admit that the fantastical stories, told by an accident victim as well as unusual sightings of wolves, things are getting a bit strange. A visit to the ominous Gingerbread House makes him realize that his life as he knows it will never be the same.
- Bulwark by Brit Lunden
- The Knowing (Book 1): A Bulwark Anthology by Brit Lunden <— Based on the original novella Bulwark, by Brit Lunden, The Knowing continues the story of a town isolated from the rest of the world where the impossible becomes plausible, and logic is determined by reality.
- The Illusion (A Bulwark Anthology Book 2) by D.J. Cooper
- The Craving (A Bulwark Anthology Book 3) by R.L. Jackson
- The Window (A Bulwark Anthology Book 4) by E.H. Graham
- The Missing Branch (A Bulwark Anthology Book 5) by Kay MacLeod
- The Body (A Bulwark Anthology Book 6) by Kate Kelley
- The Battle of Bulwark (A Bulwark Anthology Book 7) by Del Henderson
- The Darkness: A Bulwark Anthology (Book 8) (A Book Anthology) by Brittney Leigh
- The Devil and Dayna Dalton: (Book 9) A Bulwark Anthology by Brit Lunden <— It’s a follow up to the first book (and character) in the series – Bulwark!! 😀