Jean: Happy Friday all! Such a long week! I’m dreading and looking forward to Maryse’s list today!
Ela: *waves to Maryse* Bring on the list….
Maryse: I’m making it!!! I think this one has an extra-special feel to it.
‘Kay… it’s ready!! Oh yesssssss and I mean that with HUGE excitement. This list is the kind that gives me a tummy-ache.
SATURDAY UPDATE: A couple of EXTRA fantastic sounding finds I just couldn’t resist but to add on!!
Jeannie: I just finished The Piano Man Project by Kat French and loved it!!! It made me laugh, cry and I had no idea how it would end – the best kind of book! And it’s only 99 cents! It has a more contemporary romance feel than NA, which was a nice change. Best line in the book – “He was borderline rude ninety per cent of the time, but the other ten percent was worth waiting for.”
Maryse: YAY!!!!!! Jeannie that sounds PERFECT!!!!!
Gabby: Have you read The Memory Thief?! It’s a must read!!
Maryse: Ohhhh thank you Gabby!! I’m going to look it up right now!
Kim: I just read The Memory Thief by Emily Colin a few weeks back and literally bawled my eyes out the whole time! My hubby has been warned.
Half if ‘em are new releases (awesome sounding ones that could prove to be absolute gems, and from favorite authors). Super bargain finds (lots of 0.99 cent ones to try!!) and adamant reader recommendations (tried and true makes our decision making so much easier).
And still… I can’t decide which one next, plus I have a few from last week’s that make me antsy. Shooooooooot. I have to make a new “new TBR” list, don’t I? And then how do I choose out of those? That’s okay. Considering the amount of books I’ve one clicked over the years, a girl can’t have too many TBR lists. Helps me keep track, and backtrack…
PLUS! Good news from one of the new releases on this list. It actually answered one of the questions on the ”Where did they go? Currently seeking some of our missing favorite authors…” page. I LOVE when author & book mysteries are solved!
Oh and my own -blurb-squirreling mini list? Bottom Feeder and it’s just released sequel, Lowlife (I remember how much everyone loved Bottom Feeder a few years ago, but I was waiting for the sequel and NOW it’s finally out, so I just may jump in – I posted a few of the reader recommendations for it below, you’ll see!!!), and Force (if done right… might be just the bad-guy alpha male I’m looking for…) and Villere House (author says no insta-love, we have to work it… plus it seems to be just perfect for this Halloween month!) and To The Steadfast (this one sounds like the epitome of unrequited love… NOW THAT BLURB HAS ME!), Fade to Red (I 5-star loved book #1, and Cheryl said this one was even better!!), and BEWARE is making ELA scream at us, she can’t contain herself. LOL!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
EBOOK BARGAINS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Menagerie (The Menagerie Series Book 1) by Rachel Vincent <— JUST RELEASED & RIGHT UP MANY ALLIES HERE!! Michelle is reading this one as we speak! “Menagerie by Rachel Vincent. Just started and will not get far tonight but someone on Goodreads said it had an Others by Bishop feel so yeah catnip x 1000 for me “
- Kill Shot (Code 11- KPD SWAT Book 6) by Lani Lynn Vale <— JUST RELEASED!
- Pink: Hot ‘n Sexy for a cure: The Books for Boobies 2015 Anthology <— JUST RELEASED 28 STORIES!!! Only 0.99 cents! “Join 28 of today’s hottest romance authors as they introduce you to their most memorable and beloved characters in all-new, exclusive, scorching scenes. All proceeds of this year’s anthology will be donated to The National Breast Cancer Foundation, to help support women in need of mammograms.“
- Going Nowhere by R S Burton <— JUST RELEASED! HER EX-BULLY ALERT?! Daughter of famous rock stars, she is trying to live a normal life and more or less… hides away and “Her normal life is tipped upside down when the son of a family friend returns after 5 years away. Xavier, A boy who helped make Scarlett’s life hell in High School returns from College. Only he isn’t who everyone thought he was.“
- In Jacob’s Arms by Alicia Rades <— JUST RELEASED! EX-CHILD STAR trying to find love, and everyone she tries dating doesn’t work out because they know who she “was” but… “That is, until Juliet sets her up with Jacob, who has never heard of Siobhan.”
- Cape Cod Promises: Love on Rockwell Island by Bella Andre & Melissa Foster <— JUST RELEASED
- So Far Into You by Lily Malone <— JUST RELEASED! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! ”Seth is old money. She is no money. He’s the boss. She’s his employee. He is society connections and expectations. She is threats and bad decisions and lost dreams. They seem to be so wrong they can only be right — until a costly mistake and a timely deception drives them apart…”
- The Ghost Tree by Sara Bain <— JUST RELEASED! SCARY READ + ROMANCE!! YAY OCTOBER!!! “…he is forced to contend with a number of strange events that distance him from the local community. Turning to Libby for help, they find themselves challenged by a series of bizarre and terrifying occurrences which defy all logical and scientific explanation…“
- White Lightning: Episode 2 (Rising Storm) by Lexi Blake <— JUST RELEASED! She thinks she sees a murder, but there is no body… “While the police use the tag to jump-start their stalled investigation, Alicia sets off on her own to find the missing woman. Her search takes her into the heart of Miami’s Cuban-American community, where she meets the attractive but brooding Michael Cordero, who has his own demons to vanquish…“
- Beautiful Storm (Lightning Strikes) by Barbara Freethy <— JUST RELEASED
- Kade (Armed and Dangerous Book 4) by Cheyenne McCray <— JUST RELEASED
- Christmas in Mustang Creek (Brides of Bliss County Book 4) by Linda Lael Miller <— JUST RELEASED
- Wish Upon A Christmas Cake by Darcie Boleyn <— JUST RELEASED! SINGLE FATHER ALERT!! “Katie never expected her ex-boyfriend, widower Sam – and his two adorable children – to turn up on her doorstep…”
- The Hidden (Krewe of Hunters) by Heather Graham <— JUST RELEASED! HAUNTED & 2nd CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! “She recently came to Colorado, reeling after her divorce from FBI agent Diego McCullough. Diego—who’s just been asked to join the Krewe of Hunters, a unit dealing with “unusual” situations… When Scarlet unwittingly takes pictures of people who’ve been murdered—just like the Kendalls a hundred and fifty years before—the police look at her with suspicion. Then the museum’s statues of historic people, including Nathan Kendall, begin to talk to her, and she knows it’s time to call her ex-husband…“
- Fairy Tale Confessions by Tish Thawer, Sarah J. Pepper, Amy Daws, L.P. Dover, Elizabeth Montgomery, Shannon Morton, Brynn Myers, Wendy Owens, Cameo Renae, Kellie Sheridan, M. Clarke, Jessica Sorensen, Kristen Strassel, K.R. Wilburn <— JUST RELEASED AND SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN!!! “Fourteen bestselling authors twist up your favorite fairy tales into all new content. Will your favorite have a happily-ever-after? Get ready to meet some sexy, not-so-valiant princes, punk-rock princesses, villains turned heroes, and truly vile monsters wreaking havoc within our favorite tales.“
- Force (The Underground Book 1) by Becca Jameson <— JUST RELEASED MAFIA BAD GUYS, KIDNAPPED & UNDERGROUND FIGHTERS ALERT!! LOL! Wow this has it all… but the blurb, while long, did get my attention. Done right, maybe this could be one of those that gives me butterflies… here’s a sample of the blurb. So… she’s been kidnapped/in hiding and doesn’t understand why and is antsy to get out… “…he secretly rescued Lauren from the Russians and has done everything in his power to keep her sequestered and therefore safe. His motives aren’t purely altruistic. He’s been in love with the gorgeous Lauren for over half a year. He and his partner, Mikhail, work hard at construction sites during the day, still managing to work out and fight for the underground MMA circuit on Friday nights. They’re supporting not only Lauren, but Mikhail’s sister, Alena. Lauren is done hiding. When she sneaks out and gets a job at a local bar, Dmitry becomes frantic worrying about her safety—and by default his…“
- Lowlife: A Bottom Feeder Novel #2) by Maria G. Copes <— JUST RELEASED SEQUEL IS FINALLY OUT ALERT!!! OH you guys!! I remember book #1 and how everyone loved it so much. In fact!! This author appears in our “Where did they go? Currently seeking some of our missing favorite authors…” page because everyone was waiting for more from her. And guess what? Janet found us the goods!! “Lowlife by Maria G. Copes—I have been waiting for this part 2 for so long I forgot why…almost. …you have to read Bottom Feeder first. It was 5 big stars for me. Romantic suspense, realistic military, abuse. Angst, just really crazy stuff with really strong characters. only .99 each“
- Bottom Feeder #1 by Maria G. Copes <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!! And here is book #1, and it too is only 0.99 cents!! Claudia says: “Wow I loved this! Must read! …I’m in a really Confusing love triangle with this one b/c I LOVE Dom a little more than Jackson” and Janet agrees! “Did anyone else read this? I landed on it yesterday buried in my kindle looking to go into a book cold and find a surprise. Boy did I. This book was so much more than the description–which I didn’t check out until after I finished. I highly recommend this one. Totally blew me away.”
- Crazy Good by Rachel Robinson <— ONE OF MY 4.5 STAR FAVORITES ALERT!! from a year or two ago is only 0.99 cents right now!! My review (I gave it 4.5 stars and STILL remember everything about it)! and Kandace agrees! “I loved this one too!”
- Set In Stone by Rachel Robinson <— Christina is the one that found these deals for us!! “Rachel Robinson’s Crazy Good and Set in Stone are $0.99 right now!” Maryse: “YAY!!! Thank you Christina!!! I LOVED Crazy Good, now I’m going to look up Set in Stone! :D” Christina: “Do it!!! You won’t regret it!”
- Villere House (Blood of My Blood Book 1) by CD Hussey & Leslie Fear <— PERFECT FOR THIS SPOOKY MONTH ALERT! It’s on SUPER-SALE, and it’s a GHOST STORY & ROMANCE ALERT AND it’s only 0.99 cents today!! The author says: “One is set in New Orleans and is about Xavier and his romance with Lottie. Book two is about Xavier’s brother, Julien and his romance with Nichole. Both are rich in mystery and both will make you work for the intimacy. No insta-love or insta-sex for my readers.” YES!!! Sounds right up my alley!
- Bayou Grise: Sins of Sanite (Blood of My Blood Book 2) by CD Hussey & Leslie Fear <— Book #2 and this one is ONLY 0.99 cents today too!
- To The Steadfast By Briana Gaitan <— WHOA! UNREQUITED LOVE ALERT!!!! and I think this one just might deliver! It’s only 0.99 cents today and hrmm… sounds SUPER-angsty, and after reading a few of the less-than-excited reviews, it now sounds even angstier! YIKES! I kinda wanna… “As my best friend’s brother, he ignored me before noticing me. He protected me, bought me my first beer, but eventually became my undoing. There was a time I would have died to get him to notice me, now I’d do anything to forget him. I’m not the one who can tame him, and he’s not the guy who will change for me. This isn’t a story about falling in love, this is a story about falling out of love. Unrequited love, and finding the strength to stand up for myself…“
- Defy (Defy Series Book 1) by Sara B. Larson <— TWISTS & TURNS ALERT!! Tessa recommends this one!! “OMG, I don’t even want to do anything but read Defy! It’s insane! I guessed one person but not the other. And and and, it’s not done and I just want to read all day. And then get the next book.” and then… ”Finished Defy and loved it! Now I have to go to the library and get the second book. Just, yeah good. ” and fabi agrees! “That book is so good. And the twists and turns… Gah!”
- BEWARE by Shanora Williams <— OMG CRAZY PAGE TURNER ALERT!! Ela and Jean are LOSING it for this one… LOL!!! Ela: “OMG BEWARE KIND OF REMINDS ME OF RAW, ALTHOUGH RAW WAS WAY MORE MESSED UP (F WORD NEEDED)!!!!!!!!!!! I SWEAR IF THIS BOOK DIDN’T HAVE A SEQUEL I’D KICK SOMEBODY OR SOMEONE HARD!” Yeah she’s screaming. hahahaha!!! and Jean agrees! “I am loving Beware! Its a total page turner!”
- BEWARE 2: The Comeback by Shanora Williams <— Here’s #2 so nobody has to kick anyone. LOL!!! And after a few more screaming fits, Ela explains: “Sorry for the screaming Jean and gang…I tend to get emotional when a book is getting on my nerves or the H/h is just pissing me off…ya know??? *shakes everybody* YOU HAVE TO KNOW” <— LOL!!!!
- The Ground Rules by Roya Carmen <— COUPLE-SWAP & BROKEN RULES ALERT! And I’m bringing this one back, since so many of us LOVED it, and book #2 will be out in just a few weeks. Cristina says: “YES! YES! YES! Time to re-read book 1! I know this story isn’t everyone’s “cup of tea.” Would I dare try something like swapping? No. My heart is too tender for an arrangement like that. But… BUT! I have always been curious about the mechanics of those types of arrangements. Like how in the world could it not go wrong? This book deliciously feeds into that curiosity and delivers in spades!!“
- Fade to Red by Willow Aster <— HIGHLY RECOMMENDED ALERT!!! Recently released and only 0.99 cents today AND AND!!! And Cheryl HIGHLY recommends it!! Since I LOVED book #1, this makes me even more excited! “Maryse, Fade To Red was soooo good. It had suspense(a creepy villain) a slow-burn hate to love romance, angst and a hot rockstar. The very end was wtf?!!! Not a cliffhanger, but there has to be more. It was also enjoyable to get more of Ian and Sparrow (and their baby) from True Love Story. I thought it was even better than TLS!! “
- True Love Story by Willow Aster <— And here is the first one (but I think both can be read as a standalone). THIS ONE WAS SO GOOD and heartache-y and cheaty. And it’s only 0.99 cents today too!!!! (my review)
- SHADES: An Evil Dead MC Story (The Outlaw Series Book 3) by Nicole James <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! Kathy found us this one!! “Shades by Nicole James is on sale for .99. This is the 3rd book in the series. The first was Outlaw. I have been waiting for this one to go on sale. Definitely my next read!”
- OUTLAW: An Evil Dead MC Story (The Evil Dead MC Series Book 1) by Nicole James <— and here is #1!
And for AUDIOBOOK LOVERS
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT A BARGAIN-PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next 2 weeks!)
- Claimed: An Outlaws Novel (The Outlaws Series Book 1) by Elle Kennedy <— releasing October 6th 2015 and bev just reminded us (“Claimed by Elle Kennedy out Oct 6. Dystopian romance, buddy read?”), and Michelle just lost it! LOL! “*shrieks* Elle Kennedy AND dystopian romance!! Omg omg omg…I’m reading it release day no matter how much it costs! Thank you Bev! The House looks good but I’m all over Claimed since it’s exactly what I wanted more of in books, of course if it delivers.” and fabi agrees! “It’s an automatic pre-order for me Bev. It will also be a stop, drop and read on the 6th. Thanks for the heads up for it!”
- The House by Christina Lauren – October 6th 2015 <— and many of us are buddy reading this one!!
- Ms. Manwhore: A Manwhore Series Novella (The Manwhore Series Book 3) by Katy Evans – October 5th 2015
- Entranced by Jessica Sorensen – expected release date October 6th 2015
- Madame X: A Madame X Novel by Jasinda Wilder - October 6th 2015
- Brighter Than the Sun by Darynda Jones - October 6th 2015
- Redemption Road: A Vicious Cycle Novel by Katie Ashley – October 6th 2015
- Rock Redemption (Rock Kiss) (Volume 3) by Nalini Singh – October 6th 2015
- Wicked for You (Wicked Lovers series Book 10) by Shayla Black – October 6th 2015
- Too Hot to Touch: Three Breeds Novellas by Lora Leigh - expected release date October 6th 2015
- White Trash Zombie Gone Wild: A White Trash Zombie Novel by Diana Rowland - expected release date October 6th 2015
- Love To Hate You (Love/Hate Book 2) by Isabelle Richards
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).