Happy Friday!!! I’m finishing up “The Goal (Off-Campus Book 4)“today (and shall review shortly) and then I think I’m heading right into Pretty Stolen Dolls next. I’m excited for my scary-thrill-ride to rev up my weekend, after my steamy and funny hockey player romance fun. I LOVE this series.
But, as usual, Friday kick-starts the weekend full of new surprise releases and super deals. So whatever you’re in the mood for, I think you’ll find it below.
BARGAIN FINDS & READER RECOMMENDATIONS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Silver (All That Glitters Book 5) by K.A. Linde <— LIVE!!! K.A. LINDE/HER LIFE GOAL WAS TO BE A NFL-WIFE ALERT!!!! Er… well not K.A. Linde. That’s not her goal, but her heroine’s. *snort* ”Stacia Palmer had one goal in life—to become an NFL quarterback’s wife. For the past three years, she’s seduced her way through the university’s football line-up. But when she finally has a quarterback fresh off the draft, Stacia experiences a shocking change of heart...”
Tessa: Read All That Glitters Set people. It’s just good.
- Crazy for the Boss (Crazy in Love) by Ashlee Mallory <— LIVE!!! OFFICE ROMANCE ALERT!! “Playing babysitter and muse to the overindulged CEO was not what she had in mind, but with mounting debt making even a cup of coffee a luxury, Quinn’s ready to swallow her pride and get in bed with the devil. Something that, the more time she spends with the man, becomes increasingly enticing. But the stakes are too high for either of them to risk an interoffice fling…“
- Say it Louder (Tattoo Thief Book 4) by Heidi Joy Tretheway <— LIVE!!! A ROCK STAR & A RUNAWAY BOOK and it can be read as a standalone! “Dave faces an ultimatum—dump his toxic girlfriend Kristina or break up his band Tattoo Thief. But Kristina won’t go quietly. She has enough dirt to ruin each member of the band, and enough on Dave to send him to jail. This stinking, bloody threat has haunted him for years. As Dave hangs in limbo, a new star emerges: Willa, dubbed “The Parking Lot Picasso” by the modern art world. When a magazine feature catapults her to sudden fame, Dave helps her cope with the spotlight…“
- 1988: Need You Tonight (Love in the 80s: A New Adult Mix) by Rachel Higginson <— LIVE!!! RACHEL HIGGINSON ALERT! COLLEGE GIRL IN LOVE WITH ONE GUY & WISHES OTHER GUY WOULD LEAVE HER ALONE… She’s in love with a guy in a band (that she’s known since she was five) and thinks he’s the answer to her prayers, and she’s going to his concert that night, but… “Jake Turner will erase every bad memory of this year and give her the happily ever after she’s secretly always longed for. If only she could find him. And talk to him. If only she could get Troy Cameron to leave her alone. Just because they sit by each other in English 101 does not mean they’re friends. Or that she thinks he’s hot. Or that he’s exactly the guy she needs tonight…“
- The Last Kiss by Tasmina Perry <— LIVE!!! Ooooh and the blurb says: “Fans of Jojo Moyes and Nicholas Sparks will love Tasmina’s new story about lost love and second chances.“ She finds an old photograph and begins researching it with a reporter… “What they unearth isn’t just a passionate romance that restores Abby’s faith in love, but a dark secret of international importance that has been hidden for fifty years.”
- The Leopard King (Ars Numina Book 1) by Ann Aguirre <— LIVE!! HE’S A LEOPARD KING IN EXILE, and he wants to die… but… “…his dead mate’s best friend. She’s had her heart broken too, but she never quits. With the conclave approaching, alliances with the Pine Ridge pack and Burnt Amber clans on the verge of collapse, she’s prepared to do whatever it takes to drag their leader back…”
Karen: Reading this now! I love Ann Aguirre and this one is goooood
- First Kiss by Tara Brown <— LIVE!!!! I LOVE the cover and it’s a FANTASY BOOK! ”…as she plans her escape, an unlikely cold wind blows into town, bringing with it something wicked. Things crawl from the shadows with stories of a curse, a girl, and a kiss. And nothing makes sense. Because Erralynn Lake isn’t who she thinks she is. And Lakeland isn’t her real home. It fact, it might not be anyone’s real home…”
- Passion by Jordan Silver <— BULLY BOOK ALERT!!! This one was the answer to a recent reader question that had me intrigued. And from the looks of the reviews, it seems to definitely be a “harder-to-take” read (someone mentioned a trigger warning). I haven’t heard of it until yesterday so I’m excited at the new prospect!! “…she’s in for a surprise when she meets Joshua Steele her first day of school. Josh isn’t your average high school kid, his IQ, his family’s wealth and his innate dominant personality sets him apart from all the rest and when the feisty newcomer snarls at him at first sight he sets out to show her who’s boss…“
- Neighbors (A Twin Estates Novel Book 1) by Stylo Fantome <— CRAZY ENDING that has Tessa in a tizzy bur she recommends it BIG TIME!
Tessa: Saying it now. This is book one of more.
I’m not done, but this is definitely ending on a CH. OMG, did the ball drop. Like, I knew a portion, figured it out, but OMG, the delivery and the dull details. CRAP! GUT TOMMY WRENCH WORTHY!
BTW, that end. That ending. It was perfect. It’s definitely not done. lol AND! I want to stomp on both of the men’s favorite part. Big time. UGH. Remember when I said my FLT, oh, it’s good. I’m confused. Not much angst. Love triangle-ish. THen it started to be more angst, but that end. STUPID PEOPLE! Now, to wait for number two.
Oh and if you can handle CH, huge recommendation to read Neighbors, even if it does feature people who are worthy of being strangled.
- F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher <— TARRYN FISHER SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! And I read and enjoyed this one, too! And here is my review!!
Leslie M: I’ve had F*ck Love on my TBR for awhile. It def does not sound “light” …..*gives side eye to Maryse & Amy* Amy, will it make me bawl me eyes out?? Your love of rip your heart out books scares me to death.
Amy: Leslie, I promise F*ck Love won’t rip your heart out. It isn’t nearly as angsty as The Opportunist, and it isn’t dark and twisty like Mud Vein or Marrow. That’s why we say it’s “light” for Tarryn Fisher. It may rile you up a bit, but no ugly crying and no tummy-eating-itself feelings!
Maryse: Agreed with Amy. It’s still pure Tarryn Fisher (she goes “there” when it comes to her kind of love stories) but it’s easier on you.
- Beneath Series Volume One: Beneath This Mask, Beneath This Ink, and Beneath These Chains by Meghan March <— MEGHAN MARCH SERIES BUNDLE (super-bargain) ALERT!!! Book #5 will be coming out in just a few weeks (and it can be read as a standalone) so now we can have the previous books, at an awesome price, too! ”A tatted-up bad girl on the run falls for a former Navy fighter pilot in Beneath This Mask. Tattoo artist Constantine Leahy gets his second chance at society princess Vanessa Frost in Beneath This Ink. Party girl Elle Snyder won’t let anything stop her from scoring pawn shop owner Lord Robichaux in Beneath These Chains. But nothing will ever be the same when they look beneath…”
- Hausfrau: A Novel by Jill Alexander Essbaum <— OR MAYBE THIS WILL BE MY NEXT READ! Because of Amy!
She is THE anti-heroine. I was shocked and appalled by her actions. One in particular I despised. But I *never* despised her. Not once. She was a mess but I didn’t care…I loved being a voyeur into her life.
As for if she doesn’t get the guy…well, we all know *someone* always gets hurt when there is cheating going on in our books. That’s all I’m saying. That ending…I’ve never reacted this way to a book, but after I read the last line I ended up walking in circles and holding my head for like 5 minutes. I’m so not kidding. I literally did that. It still makes my heart and gut clench when I think of it.
Amy: R is reading Hausfrau!!! I’ve been dying for someone, ANYONE to read it so I can see their reaction. Maybe it will just be “meh” on her part, but that book effed me up BIG TIME.
R: The reviews are divided. The people who don’t like it don’t because of the plot, kind of like Author Anonymous, but I think knowing that going in, I can read it for what it is. And the writing so far is awesome.
Amy: The part where she is crying and begging to make it all stop…OMG I was sobbing. She is a hot freaking mess of an antiheroine, but dammit I just wanted everything to work out and for her to be okay.
Amy: Holy moly, you better update here or on GR because I am going to be stalking your a$$. *snort*
- Speaking of Amy… look what she found for us!!
“Hey guys, I found us some deals! White Trash Beautiful by Teresa Mummert, Beautiful Boss (The Beautiful Series Book 9) by Christina Lauren, Who I Am with You by Melody Anne, and All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven…
- Tabula Rasa by Kitty Thomas <— KITTY THOMAS PSYCH-THRILLER DARK READ ALERT!!! By the blurb, I’d say it almost sounds post-apocalyptic (and Amy also found us this sale, too)! “I don’t remember how the world got this way, but my husband and I were lucky to find the deserted theme park when we did. I thought we were the only survivors, but a new man has come. Shannon. He scares me. He seems weirdly possessive of me. He’s going to take me out of the park, away from my husband and the only safety I have. I’m terrified to know what’s out there…” AND! The author explains the title:
“Tabula Rasa is pronounced: tab-you-lah rah-sahAnd the meaning of the phrase is:
1. a mind not yet affected by experiences, impressions, etc.
2. anything existing undisturbed in its original pure state.Since this is a book whose main character has amnesia, I thought it appropriate! Hope this helps. ”
- AUDIOBOOK LVERS ➜ For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Her Halloween Treat (Men at Work) by Tiffany Reisz - October 1st 2016
- Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks - October 4th 2016
- Sweet Irresistible You by Lauren Blakely – October 4th 2016
- The Bachelor Auction by Rachel Van Dyken - October 4th 2016
- Beautiful (The Beautiful Series Book 10) by Christina Lauren – October 4th 2016
- Sweetest Taboo by Julie Kenner - October 4th 2016
- Undead and Done: A Queen Betsy Novel by MaryJanice Davidson - October 4th 2016
- Code of Silence: A Spontagio Family Novel by Missy Johnson - October 4th 2016
- Rock Wild (New Adult Rock Star Romance) (Rock Candy Book 3) by Virna DePaul - October 4th 2016
- The Exposure: The Submissive Series by Tara Sue Me - October 4th 2016
- Wake A Sleeping Tiger: A Novel of the Breeds by Lora Leigh - October 4th 2016
- Undead and Done (Queen Betsy) by MaryJanice Davidson - October 4th 2016
- Burning Bond (Holly Woods Files, #6) by Emma Hart - October 6th 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).