HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY! Lots of goodies below, and a few with great “squirrel” potential (I left some of my own notes next to the ones that are making me book-antsy) but at the moment? Nothing, and I mean NOTHING will detract me from what I’m reading right now.
I’m fully and delightfully drowning in Karina Halle’s latest BIG angsty love story (Love, in English) that was just released on Sunday. Intense attraction, emotion, pure “right now” ecstasy and acute ache. In fact, I was crying big fat tears at 6:50am this morning, and I’m only halfway through the book (and entering “part two” now). I’ve been loving it from the very start, and it’s just getting more and more intense. I dunno if my heart can take it, but that’s EXACTLY why I hated having to put it down. She’s aching (and hating it)… I’m aching (and loving it!) and I can’t wait to see where it takes us. I’m hearing the last 20% will have me going crazy!
Sherry: Ahhhhh, going to be reading at work !!
Ali: I feel for you Maryse, I hardly ever cry at books but this one got me too!
Rebecca: OMG!! Just finished part 1!! So emotional, I am wrecked!! Putting this down now, it’s 12.20am, start part 2 tomorrow.
Yvette: Done!! Heart wrenching, stomach twisting, leg bouncing yup all in the last 20%!! Really liked this one!! Loved Mateo!! Can’t wait to read your thoughts!!!!
Ryn: Such a book hangover after this one!
*eeeeeep!!!* I can’t wait to get back to it!! So that’s where I’m at in our latest new release adventures, plus there’re a ton below that look like they might put me through the ringer, too!
Like the one to the top left, right there. It sounds goooood (he’s a bad-boy pro-wrestler and she’s just been hired as his assistant and well… this one time, one night, they had to share a bed ’cause the hotel was overbooked). YAY ME!!! I love when that happens. LOL!!
Okay so we have bargain finds, paranormal & contemporary new releases AND Preorders below.
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Hearts of the Anemoi Bundle by Laura Kaye <— Book #4 was just released today, so the author has bundled the first three in the series for only 0.99 cents!!! Book #1 came highly recommended a year or so ago (made people cry!!) I absolutely one-clicked this one!
- Brutally Beautiful by Christine Zolendz <— another one that I loved this year!! It’s on sale for only 0.99 cents! (Here’s my review).
- Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank <— TEACHER-STUDENT ALERT! I’m bringing it back this week (I reviewed it last week and loved it), but it’s back again, ’cause some in our reading crew have just read it and are pretty ecstatic! Sally: “Maryse, I just finished Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank and it was a 5 “I wouldn’t change a damn thing about this book” Stars!! Absolute Perfection! Ladies if you haven’t read it yet…I HIGHLY recommend it…Clearly LOL“
- Rock Me: Sexy (New Adult Rockstar Romance) (New Adult Rock Star Romance) by Arabella Quinn <— ROCK STAR ALERT!! Only 0.99 cents and sounds like our kind of guilty-pleasure read! “When fate conspires, Katie must leave behind the prestigious world of documentary filmmaking and step into the fast-paced world of low-brow reality television. Reluctantly, she becomes the Executive Producer for Rock Star Diaries, a reality show following the band Cold Fusion on tour. From day one, she is intrigued and challenged by the sexy rock star, Tyler Matthews.“
- Sex Love Repeat by Alessandra Torre <— LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!! One of my absolute favorites from last year is on sale right now for only 0.99 cents!! TWISTY, TURNY and romantically angsty. (here’s my review)
- Unstoppable (Fighter Erotic Romance) by Scott Hildreth <—- FIGHTER ALERT! “He boxes professionally, and fights bare knuckles matches in the ‘hood’ for cash. Ripp is a take me or leave me type of alpha male that won’t change for anyone. When he meets the ‘most beautiful woman in the world’ one day in the bar, a local prominent attorney, he decides she’ll be his next ‘victim’. Little does he realize that he just might end up being hers.” Maria is loving it: “Today i started Unstoppable[ripp] by Scott Hildreth i got partway through it and decided to check out his web site. i noticed the book Undefeated featured two characters i was wanting to know more about from unstoppable. [shane and kace]. so now i am reading that instead i am so glad i did. Ripp is so intense and funny in his reactions. lol…i am halfway through and loving it. then back to Unstoppable…. ripp is killing me. he is sweet , intense, loyal. now i will read unstoppable in a different perspective. few more chapters to go.”
- Born Wild: Black Knights Inc. by Julie Ann Walker <— I hear this bad-ass, bad boy, biker series is awesome and Stephanie found us this one for only 0.99 cents, saying: “They claim they’re bad-boy bikers who own custom motorcycle shop, but these special-ops guys – a mix of Navy SEALs, Army Rangers, Marines, FBI and more…” Here is the Black Knights Inc. Series Reading Order (the next one will be out on May 6th!)
- Fight For You by Magan Vernon <— MMA/MAFIA ALERT! Stephanie found us this 0.99 cent one too! “Nicky Ragusa lives his life inside the cage, circuiting the underground ring to escape his fate as the mafia prince. When Jackie Marks crashes into his life, he’ll take the fight outside the cage. “
- Redemption: A Defiance Novel (The Defiance Series) by Stephanie Tyler <— Nancy found us this 0.99 cent deal saying: “This is the 2nd novel in the Defiance Series & have been waiting for it to be reduced since November. The 1st book (Defiance) did not end in a cliffhanger & this is a complete different story character.” and Aimee said: “i loved her 1st one…thanks nancy!!”
- Can’t Go Without (Oasis Waterfall) by Angelisa Stone <— Kat found us this super-bargain priced one! He’s super rich and super cocky about it (wealthy family) and she’s hardworking artist that is making something of herself! “When circumstances force Leah and Tristan to come face-to-face with the past and with Leah’s devious manipulation, truths come flooding forth, destroying those in the present and possibly jeopardizing both of their highly anticipated futures. Can Tristan overcome Leah’s slander and deception—despite how dangerously close he comes to losing the one thing he can’t go without—money? Will Leah be forced to come clean, knowing she’ll have to live her life with the one thing she can’t go without—her dignity?“
- Strings (Hard Rock Harlots) by Kendall Grey <— Stephanie found out this entire series was on sale saying: “Straight from my Wish List…Hard Rock Harlots by Kendall Grey on SALE for 99¢ Each!!! Regularly $2.99 Each!“
- Beats (Hard Rock Harlots) by Kendall Grey <— and this one!
- Nocturnes (Hard Rock Harlots) by Kendall Grey <— and this one!
- Under Locke by Mariana Zapata <— This one came highly recommended a few months ago, and Michelle just discovered it, so it’s back on the list. Thanks for reminding me, Michelle! It sounds awesome! She said: “Loved this book. Reminded me of the feeling I had when first read K Ashley, which happened to be Sweet Dreams. It also reminded me of Motorcycle Man, but with a Cara Mckenna After Hours feel too…. It was the first book in a while that made me want to read it in one setting and I am still thinking about it. Nothing complicated, just a real connection between the characters and dialogue that I loved. Hope you’ll give it a try.” <— WHOA. This HAS to move up to the top of my TBR list!!! And then when someone was looking for a KA feel book she replied saying:”I just read Under Locke and it was exactly that KA feeling I wanted, just written by someone else!!!” (P.S. KA feeling = “Kristen Ashley feel”) <— we love her!
- Break Free by Amber Garza <— Recommended by Cambria “I just read this and it’s really good! Definitely a recommended read!” —> “When Jade and Kyler meet they find solace in one another and start to heal. Until Jade stumbles upon Kyler’s latest manuscript and is shocked to find that it is her story. One he couldn’t know. Jade fears she’s trusted the wrong person once again, and this time it may be her undoing.“
- Uncomplicated: A Vegas Girl’s Tale (Vegas Girls) by Dawn Robertson <— Looks gooood! Thanks Stephanie! “Three days a week I work your everyday nine-to-five. The paperwork is never-ending. The pay is mediocre, and the office drama is simply intolerable. But the other four days a week, I am my own boss. My name is Jennifer Sunshine and I am a Vegas Call Girl… My life is uncomplicated, simple even. That was until he bulldozed his way into my life, and everything changed.”
- East of Ecstasy (Hearts of the Anemoi) by Laura Kaye <— This is book #4 (and I’m hearing it’s on sale for only 0.99 cents right now), and book #1 made many cry! Here is the Hearts of the Anemoi Series Reading Order
- The Kraken King Part II: The Kraken King and the Abominable Worm (A Novel of the Iron Seas) by Meljean Brook
- Called by Fire by Delwyn Jenkins
- Darkest Flame: Part 3 (Dark Kings) by Donna Grant
- The Curse of the Brimstone Contract (The Steampunk Detectives) by Corrina Lawson
- Heaven’s Queen (Paradox) by Rachel Bach
- Lian/Roch (Bayou Heat) by Laura Wright
- Love, in English by Karina Halle <— *squeeeee* I love this author and this is her first contemporary romance and I’m halfway through and I already cried! OMG that was a run-on sentence but I can’t help myself. I had to exalt it in one breath!
- Phenomenal X by Michelle A Valentine <— FIGHTER ALERT (and sounds right up our book-fun alley!). He’s a famous wrestler and… “she accepts a job as the assistant to wrestling’s most notorious bad-boy. Phenomenal X has an animalistic nature that even good girl Anna finds hard to resist. One night forced to share a bed in a sold-out hotel, lines blur between them and they quickly learn that one lustful night changes everything and neither one of them will ever be the same.” <— *squee*
- Point of Return (The Nordic Lords) by Stacey Lynn <— BIKER BOOK ALERT! Hey I loved this author’s other book called: Remembering Us )<— my review) and now she just released a motorcycle club book! “Olivia Masters grew up familiar with all of them. The daughter of the President of the Nordic Lords Motorcycle Club, Olivia always knew she wanted nothing to do with any of it. Her plans were made to leave the town she grew up in as soon as she and her boyfriend, Daemon Knight, turned eighteen. But then Olivia was shot. Her mother killed in front of her. Fleeing became her reality.
Forced to return to her hometown of Jasper Bay five years later, events beyond Olivia’s control put her directly back into the life she swore she’d never return to.“
- Bender (The Core Four) by Stacy Borel <— ROOMMATES!! “All Keegan wanted was a roommate who was quiet, minded their own business, and paid for part of the rent. Instead, she got Camden Brooks. Camden, with his sinful body, sharp tongue, and the inability to stay out of Keegan’s personal space, couldn’t seem to curb his interest in the new girl who wouldn’t put up with his domineering ways. ” <— Jenny says: “This is a great book, I loved it!! “
- Finding Us (Finding Series) by Megan Smith
- A Song for Us (White Trash #3) by Teresa Mummert <— follow up to “White Trash Damaged“
- Stay (Blackcreek) by Riley Hart <— M/M ALERT!!! Girls!! Giiiiirrrrllllsss!!! OMG!!! M/M (Riley Hart fans) look what she just released, from her “Blackcreek series”. I loved #1, and now we have #2!! (Here’s my review of “Collide” – book #1)
- Just One Night: Sex, Love & Stiletto Series (Sex, Love, and Stiletto) by Lauren Layne
- One Safe Place: A Novel by Alvin L. A. Horn
- Night After Night (Seductive Nights) by Lauren Blakely “She ran after one mind-blowing week with him, but now he’s back, and determined to make her his own. No matter the cost.” <— already lots of good reviews on this one!
- The Assassins Series 5-Book Bundle: Taking Shots, Trying to Score, Empty Net, Falling for the Backup, Blue Lines by Toni Aleo <— her entire hockey bad boy series, bundled!
- Betting the Billionaire (Entangled Indulgence) by Avery Flynn <— here’s a new short story. “Forced by a snow storm to spend the night together, their passion ignites. The next day, however, it’s back to business. The only way Keisha can save her family is to win a bet with the billionaire. But neither realized their hearts are part of the bargain…”
- Out of Control by Teresa Noelle Roberts
- Break For Me: A Secrets & Shadows Story by Shiloh Walker
- Rebel on the Run (Hot Rods) by Jayne Rylon <— “When Kaelyn’s great escape from her controlling family fizzles—complete with a face-plant in the dirt—she’s relieved to see the flash of tow truck lights. Then shocked to recognize the man behind the wheel. The best friend she’s been missing for too many years.“
- Good Girls Don’t Date Rock Stars by Codi Gary <— “Gemma Carlson didn’t plan on waking up married. She also didn’t count on running into her old flame—and her son’s father-turned-country rock star—Travis Bowers, followed by a night of drunken dares. Apparently one of those involved a ring on her finger and a vow … neither of which she intends to keep.“
- High Country Secrets by Jane Carter <— LOVE TRIANGLE! “When Jessie Cranfield and Michael D’Larghi take the stage to sing together at a local fundraiser in their hometown, the last thing Jessie expects is the electricity between them. Not only has she not seen Michael for years-but her fiancé is sitting in the audience.” <— Ruh roh!
- Perfect Collision (Marauders) by Lina Andersson <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! And Susan recommends it: “Lina Andersson’s 2nd installment on the Marauders MC just came out and it is goooood! 4 5-star reviews so far. Just like the first Marauders book the cover gives no indication it’s an MC book and since it is such a unique MC story that is totally appropriate. If you like reading about overcoming adversity (ah, ah, ah it’s not an angst ridden romance rather a-d-v-e-r-s-i-t-y; like real-life) with some fun dialogue and characters this is a definite to be read. Bear and Mac well these are my kind of alphas…“
PREORDERS (some highly anticipated ones and many are for next Tuesday and sooner!):
- The Regret Series Complete Collection Box Set: Lost to You, Take This Regret, and If Forever Comes by A.L. Jackson <— OH WOW what a DEAL!!! The entire series (three books) bundled for $1.99 right now. Kat found it saying: “Look at this amazing 3 book bundle. I’ve read Take This Regret and loved it. 1 clicked pre-ordered all 3″ <— ME TOO!!! – expected release date April 24th 2014
- Needing Me, Wanting You: A New Adult Biker Erotic Romance (‘Triple M’ MC Series) by C.M. Stunich - expected release date April 25th 2014
- Ever After: A Heart of Stone Novella by K.M. Scott – expected release April 27th 2014
- Alpha by Jasinda Wilder <—- This one looks SO good (and I hear it totally is!!) – expected release date April 29th 2014
- How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) (Love at Stake) by Kerrelyn Sparks – expected release date April 29th 2014
- A Husband’s Regret (The Unwanted Series) by Natasha Anders - expected release date April 29th 2014
- Nash: A Marked Men Novel by Jay Crownover - expected release date April 29th 2014
- Searching for Perfect by Jennifer Probst - expected release date April 29th 2014
- Silver Bay: A Novel by Jojo Moyes - expected release date April 29th 2014
- Take Me for Granted by K.A. Linde <—- BAD BOY ALERT!!! - expected release date April 29th 2014
- The Resistance by S.L. Scott - expected release date April 29th 2014
- Hell for Leather: Black Knights Inc. by Julie Ann Walker – expected release date May 6th 2014
- One Night: Promised (The One Night Trilogy) by Jodi Ellen Malpas “All he wants is one night to worship her. No feelings, no commitment, nothing but pleasure. Every defense mechanism Livy has adopted during her solitary life is at risk of being obliterated by this confounding man. He’s obnoxious but well-mannered. He’s a gentleman but aloof. He’s passionate but emotionless. Yet the fascination is so powerful, Livy can’t deny him . . . or herself.” – expected release date August 5th 2014
- Toxic: Logan’s Story (Torn Series) by K.A. Robinson <— May 19th 2014