Barely Breathing by Rebecca Donovan Finally Released!! YAY US!!!

by Maryse on April 30, 2012 · 12 comments

in News

Barely Breathing (book #2 in The Breathing Series)

Okay for all of you “Reason to Breathe” fans!!! The wait from that evil cliffhanger is over! Book #2 is out AS WE SPEAK!

Now I am a bit behind… as I’m actually going to start “Reason to Breathe (Book #1)” tonight. I’ve been dying to read it, as it has been recommended over and over again. But you see, I’m a “cliffhanger chicken”, so I decided to wait until #2 was released. Today is my lucky day!! YAY ME!!!

Penny:  Ok, so I just finished Reason to Breathe by Rebecca Donovan, I thought it was YA but the subject matter is dark. So I don’t know but I can tell you that it was really good. The girl, the guy…the story(sigh) heartwrenching .

Yvette: I just finished Reason to Breath by Rebecca Donovan omg you have to read it sooo good!!!! Could not put it down for nothing!!!!

Michele: Wait, is this the one that everyone was warning NOT to read until book 2 because of the HUGE cliffhanger?? If so, I’m waiting til May, I hate cliffhangers!! lol

Gitte: Yeah that’s the one Michele … I read it recently and was so happy to hear there’s a second one coming in about another month or so now I think…I LOVED it!!!!

Sandra: You are so right Michele because of this book, I am reluctant to read books in a series that are not completed.

Jamie: Penny-How long did it take you to breath again after that last page? I swear after I read that last page I was staring at it for 10 minutes thinking “What the #$!@!” LOL!

Penny: It took a few minutes of me just staring at the kindle thinking – what? That’s it? WTH?? But I thought if there’s another book then … Well, I don’t know but can only assume. It was worth the cliff hanger though, usually I complain about waiting but not this time… :)

Now I get to read the first awesome book, and instead of possibly throwing my iPad across the room when I hit that cliffhanger, I get to move on to #2.

So now y’all know what I’m reading this week.

P.S. I still don’t know what that cliffhanger is, in fact I don’t have a clue what these books are about (I think they’re sad and emotionally heart wrenching. Totally my thing!!). I’m going on blind faith, but considering the awesome response #1 has received (from so many of our fellow readers), and considering how we all have such great taste in books, I’m sure I’m gonna love it!!

Nicole April 30, 2012 at 2:28 PM

FINALLY!!!! It feels like I have been waiting FOREVER for this book. Definitely reading this one ASAP. This made my day. :)

Rose April 30, 2012 at 4:20 PM

WOOHOO! This just made my week. Good-bye Monday night hellooo sleepy Tuesday morning.

Maryse April 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Unless… book #2 end on a cliffhanger? Eeeeeeep!!!

Rebecca Espinoza April 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Yay! Will be starting this one tonight!! Thanks for the heads up!

Missy April 30, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Thank you for letting me know!! It made my night!

Rose April 30, 2012 at 8:19 PM

Great-just finished it. Sigh, looks like another long wait until book 3!

melissa April 30, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Ugh. I started re-reading reason to breathe this morning so I would be ready for tomorrow’s release. After all these months of waiting it was released early! I’m dying but I have to finish the first one again :) It’s gonna be a long night!

Melissa May 1, 2012 at 8:45 AM

After you read this you may have to revise your list of books that made you cry ! I’m a huge fan of Rebecca’s work. This story is amazing and stays with you .

Danielle May 4, 2012 at 2:21 PM

(Maryse) “I’ve been staring at book #1 for a few months now… contemplating if I should just throw in the towel and read it and suffer the cliffhanger with everyone else. So glad that’s not a problem now!!”

Sorry Maryse, you may want to hold out until Book #3….another EVIL Cliffhanger….ugh! I LOVE these books sooooo much, but I’m hating these cliffhangers! They are amazing and awful! I finished book #2 2 days ago and my heart still hasn’t recovered! Simply gorgeous and terribly heartrenching!

Stacie May 6, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Hey Maryse just was wondering what everyone thought of jonathan?

Maryse May 7, 2012 at 9:30 AM

I haven’t finished it yet… (halfway through) so I can’t comment yet except to say… ruh roh. But again, too early to tell for me.

We DO have a discussion going on about the series in my Spoiler forum, if you want to join in:

Toni September 24, 2012 at 3:06 AM

I have justed book two and its killing me cause its so long i need to know what is going to happen the book is keeping me interested but i need to sleep lol