TGIF MY FRIENDS!!! I found us a few great-sounding new releases that just went live (21 of ‘em!!) and some awesome sounding adamant reader recommendations to play with (below)! In fact, I’ve got a whole weekend of reading to indulge in, and I’m likely going into a psych-thriller next. I’ve been in romance heaven for weeks now, so I’m in the mood for the scary heart palpitations again.
<— ALTHOUGH THAT ONE is calling my name!!! You’ll see why, below.
BUT!!! I must tell you that the book I just read ROCKED. MY. WORLD!!! “Mists of the Serengeti” is one of the most amazing, soul-moving, beautifully written love stories/life journeys ever, and it had me in TEARS, and I mean the ugly-cry kind (but I promise… SO WORTH IT!!!). I promise you guys!!! My review is coming shortly, and while it’s not up for preorder yet, it will be LIVE in a few days.
AND!!! You can read the entire prologue here (and enter for a chance to win a free copy!!). PLEASE!!! DO IT!!!! !!!
Trust me you guys. Even though it’s just the prologue, it is SO worth reading even before the book is released. It sets the stage, it’s a mini-story in its own right, it is jaw-dropping and intense, and the book only gets better from there. What a story!!!!
Now… take a look at what else we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Defense by Sandi Lynn <— LIVE!!! SANDI LYNN’S LATEST!! UNREQUITED LOVE but then…. ”Everything comes with a price, and mine was falling for a man who couldn’t return my affection. Then one night tragedy struck and he needed my help. That was the night I became his defense...”
- The Pawn by Skye Warren <— HE RUINED HER FATHER & LEFT THEM PENNILESS… “I quit my private all-girl’s college to take care of the only family I have left. There’s one way to save our house, one thing I have left of value. My virginity. A forbidden auction...” and now he’s back for her. *gasp*!!!! SUPER-BARGAIN priced today ’cause book #2 is coming out in just a few days!!
- Not His Type (Unexpected Changes Book 2) by Cameron Allie <— LIVE!!! SHE WASN’T HIS TYPE… ”Gabe Fuller never thought that the day would come when he actually desired Brooke Holter. She plagued him all throughout high school, but now that she’s determined to push him away, he realizes that she’s exactly what he’s looking for…”
- Wrecking Ball (Hard To Love Book 1) by P. Dangelico <— HUGE HIT OF THE WEEK ALERT!!! MOODY, UNINTERESTED FOOTBALL STAR recent release and it’s back on the list ’cause OMG A TON of my fellow readers jumped on this one and went CRAZY for it. I keep getting recommendations and it sounds RIGHT UP MY ALLEY. Plus, now it has me re-thinking my need to jump into a psych-thriller, and maybe instead, I should just indulge in this one?
Jan: In the meantime I got sidetracked (as I often do!) and have read Wrecking Ball on DG’s rec. And yes, I REALLY LIKED IT!! It IS like The Wall of Winnipeg and Me in lots of ways. Slooowww burn with a slightly enigmatic, hot footballer H. The h is different from WoW, but the setup is kinda the same. Although in this case she’s tutoring his nephew rather than being his PA. Different back stories etc, but it has a similar flavour. They HATE each other at first…… The book’s really good and I second your rec DG. Thanks. I’d never even heard of this author before. She writes well.
Maryse: I HAVE TO READ THAT!!!!! I keep seeing that said, and I LOVE me a good grump, uninterested hero. Especially if he’s a star!!
- TEN CLUB (KING SERIES Book 5) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff <— LIVE!!! SERIES FINALE ALERT!!! P.S. Here’s the series reading order (and this one was much loved by many in our crew!!)
- The Hard Count by Ginger Scott <— Another HUGE FOOTBALL STAR HIT and it’s back on the list ’cause it’s still bargain-priced and Marion recommends it!
Marion: I’m half way through ‘Hard count’ by Ginger Scott if anyone loved watching Friday Night Lights then this one’s for you…soooo good!!
- The Junkyard Boys by by SH Richardson <— THREE SISTERS & FOUR DAMAGED MEN… SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED SERIES and Laura just binge-read ‘em and recommends them! P.S. Here’s book #2: The Scrapyard Man: A Junkyard Boys Novel and #3: Refuse: A Junkyard Wedding
Laura: I might have missed seeing them on the list but the three books in SH Richardson’s fabulous Junkyard Boys series are bargain priced. I devoured all three books in a crazed reading binge this week. Best series I’ve read in a long time. Features three sisters and four very damaged men with alpha tendencies. Had a bit of a similar feel to Bijou Hunter’s Rawkfist MC series (but the Junkyard Boys series is not a MC series). I can’t wait for the next book in the series!
- A Call to Heaven by Jo Kessel <— LIVE!!! SHE CAN SPEAK TO HER DEAD MOTHER USING HER PHONE… WOW this one sounds so unique and if done right… this one just might be amazing! “’…I’m no different than anyone else. I’ve loved, I’ve lost and it sucks. I’ve got a five-year old son and an abusive husband. My mother died six months ago and I miss her like crazy. I’m the biggest sceptic when it comes to other-worldly stuff, so when I’m told that I can pick up the phone and call my mum in Heaven, I should disbelieve it, right? Wrong. I pick up that phone, because there’s nothing I want more than to hear her voice trickle into the receiver. And you know what? It works. I get to speak to my mother. It’s a miracle. If only it could stay this way, with those calls just for me, but someone up on high wants me to choose three other people to make a call to Heaven too…”
- Finding Kyle by Sawyer Bennett <— HE’S A RECLUSIVE EX-CRIMINAL & SHE’S HIS NEW INTRUSIVE NEIGHBOR ALERT!! This recent release is back on the list ’cause Julie recommends it!
Julie: Just finished Finding Kyle and realllly enjoyed. Great H and an extremely likeable h. Was rooting for both of them all the way. And great intimate sexy scenes. You know how some books they are constantly falling in bed with each other page after page? Well they only burned the sheets up 3 times, but extremely memorable.
- Every Night Without You: Caine & Addison, Book Two of Two (Unfinished Love series, 2) by Victoria Duke <— SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! BOOK #1 & 2 BUNDLED AT A SUPER-BARGAIN! “Seven years having his heart tethered to Addison―and now she’s back. With even more reasons to run than she’d had then. Only this time, Caine isn’t letting the gorgeous little flight risk out of his sight…“
- Put Out (Kilgore Fire Book 5) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LATEST LANI LYNN VALE IS LIVE!!! She’s had to fight her whole life… and then he showed up. “He tore down, brick-by-brick, her carefully constructed world, leaving her heart in tatters and longing for more. Such as a happily ever after, something that wasn’t ever going to happen for her. Not when she couldn’t give him what he wanted. He’d break her, and she couldn’t be put back together a second time...”
- Egomaniac by Vi Keeland <— HILARIOUS AND STEAMY OFFICE ROMANCE (DIVORCE LAWYER & A MARRIAGE COUNSELLOR) ALERT!!! Hahaha!! YES I KNOW… it’s back on the list again, but we just can’t get enough of it, and even MORE of my fellow readers are sending me their thoughts of BIG LOVE for it.
Amal: WOW! I will not spoil it for you but dear Lord this has got to be one of Vi Keeland’s best books I have read. I’m an attorney myself and as a personal rule I don’t read legal fiction. ( just one of those things). I can’t get over how well-written, well-rounded the book is. It has the right amount of humour, wit and realism you look for in a contemporary romance. I usually skip pages in quite a few romance novels but I read every page. It was just a damn good book! I’m gushing at this point knowing I should stop but hey, every girl deserves a bad boy who is just sweet to her alone. Loved It! ( this is very unlike my bland Attorney personality)
- F*ck Club: Riley by Shiloh Walker <— LIVE!!! HE GETS PAID FOR SEX & SHE NEEDS A PLACE TO HIDE FROM HER ABUSIVE BOYFRIEND ALERT!! “…after almost ten years of being paid to pleasure, he’s almost numb to it…and to women. That all changes with one phone call. Brianna Sharpe, the girl he’d loved as a boy, is leaving an abusive lover and needs someplace to hide…“
- The Rule Book (Rule Breakers) and The Rule Maker (Rule Breakers) by Jennifer Blackwood <— OFFICE ROMANCE COMEDY ALERT!!! The blurbs have me wanting to read these badly as my next comedy-romance reads, and even more so, with this recommendation:
Amy (the other Amy aka “Anti-Amy” LOL!!): I’ve read these both! I really loved the first one and I liked the second one. Both are slapstick funny and have extremely “normal” likeable characters you’d want to be friends with. These are PERFECT for those people like me that enjoy the lighter, lower angst romantic comedies. The second has definitely lifted me out of my reading funk.
- Lariat: A Dark Alpha Motorcycle Club Standalone Romance Novel (Road Kill MC Book 6) by Marata Eros <— LIVE!!! BIKER BOOK ALERT! P.S. It CAN be read as a standalone.
- Warped (The Mercenary Series Book 2) by Marissa Farrar <— LIVE!!! MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!!
- The Anatomy of Us (WJM Book 2) by Amelia LeFey <— RECENTLY RELEASED and this was one that was asked about in the “Where Did They Go” author/reader questions page. Well… looks like it was finally released!
- Bet Me: A Romantic Comedy Standalone by Lila Monroe <— LIVE!!! SHE WENT VIRAL & NOW EVERYONE IS TRYING TO GET WITH HER… ”After a parade of Tinder disasters who think chivalry is giving me a pearl necklace on the first date, I made a pledge: until guys step up their game, this girl is off the market. But one bottle of chardonnay later, and my drunken rant has gone viral. I’m the most famous person NOT having sex since the Jonas Brothers put on their purity rings. A men’s magazine has even put a bounty on my (ahem) maidenhead: fifty Gs to whoever makes me break the drought…“
- A Crown of Bitter Orange (La Vie en Roses Book 3) by Laura Florand <— ONCE CHILDHOOD FRIENDS NOW LIFELONG ENEMIES ALERT! Jan is enjoying this new release!
Jan: I’m enjoying the new Laura Florand book. It’s a little bit slower than some of her others but still has that lovely romantic tone. I’m taking my time with it. Tristan the H is gorgeous and it seems like he’s secretly been crushing on Malorie since they were kids. But Malorie is untrusting of men in general after the bad example set by men in her own family. But they are slowly working out that maybe there is something real between them. It is taking its own sweet time, though
- After Hello by Mhairi McFarlane <— LIVE!! A short story sequel to the bestselling romcom You Had Me At Hello!
- Closer Home by Kerry AnnE King <— HER FAMOUS SISTER DIES & SHE INHERITS EVERYTHING ALERT! She’s reclusive and hasn’t spoken to her sister in years… “…so she’s shocked to discover that she’s inherited her sister’s massive estate. Not only that, but Lise is now the guardian of her sixteen-year-old niece, Ariel, to whom she’s practically a stranger. Overwhelmed by grief and her new responsibilities, Lise thinks things couldn’t get worse. But overnight she becomes the paparazzi’s latest obsession…” It’s super-bargain priced today!
- At the Risk of Forgetting by A.M. Wilson <— LIVE!!! SINGLE MOM MEETS HIM AGAIN… The deepest betrayal. “…she stumbles upon her childhood best friend and love, Lawrence ‘Law’ Briggs, at the local coffee shop. A painful confrontation ensues and challenges her carefully constructed reality. Her strength wavers with Law’s reappearance as half-truths are revealed and memories flood through the barrier…“
- Neighbors (A Twin Estates Novel Book 1) and The Neighborhood (A Twin Estates Novel Book 2) by Style Fantome <— INTENSE ALERT!! Tessa is reading these and enjoying!
Neighbors and Neighborhood. I’m enjoying it. I read Neighbors and that one was intense, but Neighborhood is um… It’s good, but I can’t really describe it without spoilers. I even deleted like five ways to describe it without spoilers, and my descriptions got spoilery. So good, but not finished yet. Also, not as much angst as the first book. …Oh, the ride is wild, though compared to the Kane Trilogy, not that insane. rofl. I love that trilogy.
- When the Dead Come A Knockin’ (The Veil Diaries Book 2) by B.L. Brunnemer <— LIVE!!! THE DEAD ARE STUCK HERE… “I’m your average 17-year-old girl. Except I’m a Necromancer. Which means I can see the dead, talk to them and help them move on. Well, I used to be able to. Someone has sealed the Veil. Now the dead are stuck here…” (P.S. Here’s book #1: Trying To Live With The Dead (The Veil Diaries Series Book 1)
- Tequila & Tailgates (A Country Road Novel – Book 2) by Andrea Johnston <— LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Fate of Perfection (Finding Paradise Book 1) by K.F. Greene <— ADULT DYSTOPIAN ALERT!!! Fabi was pleasantly surprised!
Fabi: The one I just finished, my Dec pick, was adult dystopian romance. These are like finding a diamond in a pile of coal. Very hard to come by. I just lucked into it because Amazon had it classified as a sci-fi and it kind of sounded like a tech thriller from the blurb. It was neither. lol It was a nice surprise.
- Jasmine (Kings of Guardian Book 6) by Kris Michaels <— LIVE!!! HE’S A FAMOUS COUNTRY STAR & SHE’S HIS BODYGUARD ALERT!! “The sex-fueled country superstar was either a stone cold killer or the target of a deranged psychopath. Regardless, the self-absorbed bad boy was now hers to protect, and she’d be damned if she’d fail—despite the singer’s best efforts to make things difficult...”
- To Have It All by B.N. Toler <— HOMELESS MAN & RICH MAN SWITCH BODIES ALERT!!! DG went on a reading spree and really hit the jackpot!!! She recommends this one…
DG: To Have It All … had a total different plot. The whole switching bodies thing totally worked…well wrote and not far fetched at all. Totally fell for the confused but hot Liam…
- Menace (Scarlet Scars Book 1) by J.M. Darhower <— MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!!! AND DG recommends THIS one, too! P.S. Here’s book #2 Grievous (Scarlet Scars Book 2) <— already up for preorder and coming out soon!
DG: Menace…yeah, shockingly this CH I was ok with…maybe because the conclusion will be out Feb 6th!!! This book…left me guessing until the end. I sooo totally thought I had it figured out early on BUT was SO wrong!! J.M. Darhower knows how to write a MAFIA book! Loved this made man’s quirky personality, loved the DND’s strong and fearless side yet vulnerable also. Just LOVED kitten all together!
- Ice Flambé: (Hockey Romance) (Razors Ice Book 7) by Rachelle Vaughn <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT! “When Lucas runs into Morgana in the produce aisle at his local gourmet market, he thinks twice about the woman he had a crush on in high school. They share an afternoon hot enough to make him reconsider his permanent bachelor status. But some habits are impossible to break…“
- Arcane Kiss (Talents Book 1) by Angela Knight <— LIVE!!! TIGER-SHIFTER ALERT!!
- Wyvern’s Warrior (The Dragons of Incendium Book 3) by Deborah Cooke <— LIVE!!!
- Viper (Vampires of Hollywood Book 1) by Madison Ashmore <— LIVE!!! VAMPIRES ALERT!!
- Chased by Hazel James <— LIVE!!! A TORNADO TORE THROUGH HER WORLD & IT HAS BEEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN! AND he’s damaged ex-military that needs an adrenaline rush. I think the “tornado” is meant literally and figuratively. “Now, adrenaline is my drug. It numbs me when the memories become too much to bear. It reminds me that I don’t deserve a wife, 2.5 kids and a white picket fence. I’ve seen what tornadoes do to white picket fences. It’s ugly. I’m the tornado. I’ve already destroyed one family. Don’t chase me...”
- The Do-Over by Julie Richman <— LIVE!!! HER NEW CLIENT, NOW A CEO WAS SOMEONE SHE ONCE FELL SO HARD FOR!!! Once upon a time, she fell HARD for him, but he had a girlfriend. Years later, she’s newly divorced and back in the dating game… “...After a string of bad dates, I finally did something I never thought I’d do. I had a hot one-night stand with a really handsome guy I met online who didn’t even know my real name. Turned out Mr. Fling is a big shot for my company’s newest client. And just my luck, that client’s CEO is none other than…Wes Bergman. Now I’m separated by one degree again from the man who stole my heart...”
Kristen: I really loved this one! Wes is amazing!!!
Toni: Great read!
- Torn Between Two: The Torn Duet by Mia Kayla <— SUPER-ANGSTY SOUNDING LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT!!! She’s in love with both a rock star and a lawyer and this recent release is back on the list ’cause Marion HIGHLY recommends it! P.S. And book #2 (the conclusion) is coming out in just a couple of weeks!! It’s already up for preorder ➜ Choosing Forever: Book 2 in the Torn Duet
Marion: Torn between Two’By Mia Kayla is a MUST READ! You’ll be torn too, trust me!! …Guys you’ve just got to read this book!!!!! 2017 is off to a good start! I’m torn myself just reading lol!!!!
PREORDERS (next few days, and next week’s!!! And again… OMG!!!!)
- Creep by Yolanda Olsen <— THE COVER GIVES ME THE HEEBS!! *shudders* and blurb intrigues me!
- Shadow’s Seduction (Immortals After Dark Book 17) by Kresley Cole - January 30th 2017
- Becoming Mrs. Lockwood by K.I. Lynn - January 30th 2017
- Make Me (The Sterling Shore Series Book 10) by C.M. Owens - January 30th 2017
- Ruthless (Playboys in Love) by Gina L. Maxwell - January 30th 2017
- Seven Minutes in Heaven by Eloisa James - January 31st 2017
- Good Boy by Sarina Bowen and Elle Kennedy - January 31st 2017
- Vampire Girl 4: Moonlight Prince by Karpov Kinrade - January 31st 2017
- The Knight by Skye Warren - January 31st 2017
- Vampire Girl 4: Moonlight Prince by Karpov Kinrade - January 31st 2017
- Brides of the Kindred 18: Uncharted: (Alien Vampire Science Fiction Romance) (Older Heroine) (Brides of the Kindred Book 18) by Evangeline Anderson - January 31st 2017
- How to Date a Douchebag: The Failing Hours by Sara Ney – January 31st 2017
- Acer (No Prisoners MC Book 3) by Lilly Atlas - January 31st 2017
- Heartbreaker (Filthy Dirty Love) by Stacey Kennedy - January 31st 2017
- EASY 3 (The Ferro Family) by H.M. Ward - January 31st 2017
- Justice Ascending (The Scorpius Syndrome) by Rebecca Zanetti - January 31st 2017
- Falling for the Highlander by Lyndsay Sands – January 31st 2017
- Right Behind You by Lisa Gardner - January 31st 2017
- New York Nights: A Collection of Steamy, Alpha-Male Romances by Whitney G - January 31st 2017
- Infini by Krista and Becca Ritchie - January 31st 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).