Okay… so… you know how this past Tuesday’s “new release” list was great, not only from the ones that we were expecting and highly anticipating, but especially for the ones that were totally new-to-us? Well, I just realized a bunch of us jumped into those “new ones”, and I’ve been getting some EXCELLENT feedback on ‘em. I love when we discover the “new-to-us” books and they end up rocking our worlds!
So this is going to be a list of the latest releases & bargain finds, yes, but it’s especially a list of reader recommendations. And yes… I’m *squirreling* ’cause these recommendations have me too excited (an uber-jerk is on the list!!! ).
Tessa: *grins* Mini TBR lists are needed some days.
Fabi: Tessa, I see you’ve been making those mini lists like I do. I always seem to have a few lined up as next. —then— I squirrel. :-/
Maryse: Tessa and Fabi, just like me… I’m trying to decide between Sparrow, and Crossing the Stars, and Cruel and Beautiful, and NONE of them were even on my radar last week. I DO have a TBR list, but you know me.
Cheryl: Seriously, no idea what I’m reading next, because so many good choices. Or maybe I’ll start Sparrow… Or maybe Rock…
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
JUST RELEASED!!!! SURPRISE!!!
- LIGHTNING by Sandi Lynn <— HOCKEY STAR ALERT!!! “I was hired to help Logan Jackson get back on the ice. I had rules. Rules he needed to follow if he was going to play hockey again. He was stubborn, defiant, and nothing I couldn’t handle. Rehabilitation was going to be difficult and pure hell…“
- Cold Comfort by Isobel Hart <— ANGSTY MUSICIAN HEARTBREAKY SOUNDING? “She’d thought at least music couldn’t hurt her. That was until it led her straight into the path of Cat Colton. Cat promised he’d protect her, but how could he protect her from himself?“
- Knot a Liar (Knotted Up Book 1) by Rose Ann Bridges <— FAKE RELATIONSHIP ALERT! “Her rival has just gotten married and that calls for drastic measures for their upcoming high school reunion. But when a fake relationship leads to a fake engagement, that leads to more trouble than she signed up for.”
- Gracie’s Song by Michelle Schlicher <— COMES BACK HOME… “ After graduation, she walked away from everyone she knew with barely a word. Ten years later, she’s back. Even as familiar places and faces bring back old pain, Gracie finds hope in rebuilding old ties…”
- Snared: A Jaded Regret Novel by L.L. Collins <— HE’S A TORMENTED DRUMMER & SHE’S HAD A LIFE OF PRIVILEGE “…When she meets Beau, it starts as a challenge to get through to him but quickly turns into much more than either of them bargained for…”
- BOUGHT: A Standalone Romance by Glenna Sinclair <— SHE’S AN ESCORT & THEY HATE EACH OTHER ALERT! “He has something of an unusual request in that he needs, not a night of carnal bliss, but a girlfriend to show off at his sister’s wedding. Please note that if it wouldn’t cost me my job, I would definitely say no, but he’s rejected each and every one of Miranda’s other escorts. And why would I refuse? Because this commanding, panty-wetting, arrogant man absolutely hates me. Thing is, we’ve actually already met…”
- River: A Bad Boy Romance by Kendra Fate <— HE GOES TO ROB A BANK AND HE STEALS HER ALERT! “He came for me out of nowhere, and no matter what I say, he’s taking me a long for the ride. I hate him for that…”
- The Scars Series by Nikki Sparxx <— SERIES BUNDLED! HE’S HER BAD-BOY WOMANIZING SELF-DEFENSE TRAINER… “…she decides to take precautions to protect herself by enrolling in self-defense classes at her gym. Her instructor, Ryker Campbell, is the tattooed womanizer everyone warns about. Kaiya attempts to resist Ryker’s advances, but the more time they spend training together, the harder it is for Kaiya to resist him…“
- Waiting For You by Catherine Miller <— MARITAL DISCORD ALERT! “After years of disappointment, Fliss’s husband Ben is spending more time at the office than in their marital bed, and Fliss finds herself wondering who could be responsible for their inability to conceive another child…”
FIVE-STAR READER RECOMMENDATIONS (and bargain finds!) (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).
- Sparrow by L.J. Shen <— KIDNAPPED AND FORCED TO MARRY A MEAN MAFIA MEAN JERKFACE ALERT!!! This is a new one from Tuesday’s list, and OMG this is next for me!! DG and MANY here LOVED THIS ONE!!
LisaM: I love clicking!!! Great list click click click!! I read Sparrow!! So good!! I just love Mob alpha male love hate stories!!!! Another late night reading!!! Ugh I’m so tired today!! Had to shut it down when I finally go to the epilogue!!! It was after 1am!! Had my morning tea & read the epilogue this morning!! Book hangover day 3 or was it 4!!! On to the next click!!!
DG: Started Sparrow also! OMG…definitely in a love / hate relationship with H. What a jerk! But it’s soooo good!
Anne: Hey guys! I am reading Sparrow and loving it!! DG I have a hate/love relationship with the H too! He’s such a jerk! Lol
DG: Sparrow! Definitely one of my FAV mobbish reads! The H was one of the biggest jerks….EVER. But, man did I fall for him….HOT jerk, strong h, some snarky back n forth, hidden agendas, and a little bit of crazy on the side! Yep! Got to say I loved it! *looking in cabinets for some sugary crap*
DG: Anne – I hated the jerk but then the clouds parted, a ray of sunlight shone down on his dark, hairy self and I fell…..lol. *harps playing as I roll around on floor*
Maryse: Okay Sparrow has to be next for me!!!
LisaM: Yeah Maryse!! You are going to love Sparrow!!!
DG: Maryse – Sparrow is definitely ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ for me! *closes one eye hoping that emoticon actually shows*
Tessa: Sparrow has a jerk? 0.0 *one click*
DG: Tessa, not just a jerk but a BIG jerk!
Maryse: YAY US!!!!!!
- The Rub Down (The Rub Down Sereies Book 1) by Gina Sheldon <— HE’S A MASSAGE THERAPIST and this one’s supersale on this one ’cause book #2 will be out in just a few days! “As a rule, his professional touch is the only thing he gives any female client. Until a Boston marathon trainee seeks his services…“
- Live For This by Kathryn R. Biel <— SHE’S HOMELESS & HE’S GOT SPINAL DAMAGE and Tracey recommends it!
“…one from yesterdays list Live For This which was a rather couldnt and wouldnt put it down 4 star (It even came along to do the school run with me).”
- Beyond the Sea: LGBT Romance by Keira Andrews <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT! And Fabi is super-excited about this one!!
“OMG!!! Beyond the Sea by Keira Andrews is out early! I’d heard it was going to publish March 15th, but it looks live on Amazon now. THIS is a FANTASTIC book. 5 stars, hands down”
- Sticks (Black Addiction Book 2) by T Gephart <— ROCK STAR ALERT! And Lisa recommends it:
“I just read Sticks and loved it….doofus manwhore H and strong mouthy h….you’ll love them both. H reminded me of Griffin (Thoughtless, Untamed).”
- One Day Soon by A. Meredith Walters <— RECENT ANGSTY RELEASE back on the list and that many loved by a much-loved author and guess what?! There’s a twist. She has posted an alternate ending to this book. In fact, she says:
“When I start a story, I always begin with the ending. One Day Soon was no exception. However, with this book, the ending I initially wrote changed completely. It took me by surprise and sometimes I still wonder which ending is the “real” ending. Maybe in some ways, they both are.”
- Consumed: Bonus Edition by Emily Snow <— THREE BOOKS in this series bundled and super-bargain priced but only for a short time!!! The author says:
“I’m keeping this up for the next week… before I pull it down, so if you want all 3 books together, grab it now! This set includes CONSUMED, ABSORBED, and COMPLETED.”
- Cross the Stars (Crossing Stars #1) by Venessa Kimball <— BACK ON THE LIST FORBIDDEN LOVE between an American woman & Middle-Eastern man ’cause Chelli loved it! This was that new release from Tuesday that gave me a blurb-jolt and I totally one-clicked, and good news!! It’s a good one! She says:
“Just finished Cross the Stars that you highlighted on this weeks new releases…soo good…had that instant attraction but they definitely take their sweet time to get there. And when they do..wow! Lots of plot twists that keeps you guessing and a major cliff hanger!!! I might have waited till 2nd book came out to start if I had known because I really HAVE.TO.KNOW.WHAT.HAPPENS Thanks for listing it!! A great read”
- Cruel & Beautiful by A.M. Hargrove & Terri E. Laine <— WILL PUT YOU IN A BOOK-FOG ALERT! Chelli also recommends this one, and I won’t even read the blurb ’cause she says to go in blind for the full effect, but boy her recommendation makes me want to start this NOW!!
“Wow….just finished Cruel and Beautiful by AM Hargrove….wow…there aren’t words..you think it’s one thing and then….then it’s something completely else, but just as amazing…it’s sexy, there’s angst, and the feels…wow..I wish I could tell you more but you must just go into this book without knowing in order to experience the whole effect… Ok I know I just said this but wow…you must put this on your tbr I’m in such a book fog I can’t even consider starting something else..I feel like I need a few days to absorb and decompress lol ok I’m don’t pestering you haha”
- The Man I Love (The Fish Tales Book 1) Suanne Laqueur <— ALSO BACK ON THE LIST ’cause this trilogy is too great to be missed, and it’s still on super-sale (each book in the trilogy!!!) ➜ my review (P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUANNE!!! )
- Give Me Your Answer True (The Fish Tales Book 2) Suanne Laqueur ➜ my review
- Here to Stay (The Fish Tales Book 3) Suanne Laqueur ➜ my review (I pretty much give this whole series 5 stars!)
- The Professional (The Game Maker Series Book 1) by Kresley Cole <— MAFIA BAD-ASS ALERT! SUPER BARGAIN PRICED!!! Both #1 AND #2!!!! Kathy recommends it!!
Kathy: “I really enjoyed The Professional as it gave me my fix of Russian Mafia and of course one of the Alpha of Alpha males.”
- The Master (The Game Maker Series Book 2) by Kresley Cole <— SUPER BARGAIN PRICED!!! Both #1 AND #2!!!!
- Lexington and 42nd (The Off Field Series Book 1) by Kim Carmody <— SPORTS STAR ALERT! Another one from Tuesday’s lists that looked SO good and Cheryl was enjoying it! “Reading Lexington and 42nd and really enjoying it. Found out from the author that it is an interrelated series.”
And for AUDIOBOOK LVERS
- For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free ebooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —>Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as AUDIOBOOKS AT AN AH-MAZING PRICE!<—Audiobooks for ebook super-sale prices. I’m thrilled with that, and what’s fun is you can flip flop from reading it, to listening to it without losing your spot… This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL! (This is the “Whispersync” thingie).
PRE-ORDERS (next couple of days AND next week’s)
- Love, Chloe: a standalone novel by Alessandra Torre - March 14th 2016 <— ONE OF MY FAV AUTHORS!!!
- Because (Seven Year Itch Book 4) by Jennifer Foor - March 14th 2016
- The Darkest Prison (Lords of the Underworld) by Gena Showalter – March 14th 2016
- Hawke: A Cold Fury Hockey Novel (Carolina Cold Fury Hockey) by Sawyer Bennett – March 15th 2016
- Asking for More by Lilah Pace - March 15th 2016
- Property of a Noblewoman: A Novel by Danielle Steele - March 15th 2016
- Phoenix Reborn: An Alpha Pack Novella by J.D. Tyler - March 15th 2016
- Pushing the Limits: Beyond the Cage by Jennifer Snow – March 15th 2016
- It’s All Relative by S.C. Stephens - March 15th 2016 <— I LOVED THIS BOOK!!!!
- The Confessions: An Original Sinners Collection by Tiffany Reisz - March 15th 2016
- Curtis (Coyote Ridge Book 1) by Nicole Edwards – March 15th 2016
- Dark Promises (Carpathian) by Christine Feehan – March 16th 2016
- Ginger’s Heart (a modern fairytale) by Katy Regnery – March 22nd 2016
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).