Happy Friday everyone! We found some book-goodies, but first, I wanna tell about a good one (at least… so far). I’m halfway through a K. Larsen thriller that’s not out YET (“The Tutor”), but I’m certainly in!! Dark psych-thriller and she’s been held captive (although at first, she doesn’t realize it). Ohhhh it’s going to get sinister. OR!! It’s going to hurt my heart (good ol’ Stockholm Syndrome).
But one thing’s for sure, I have NO clue where it’s going to take me, and I’m hoping this author’s penchant for twisty shocking reveals will reveal another jaw-dropper! I’ll keep you posted (but of course, spoiler-free, that is).
Maryse: I want to announce that I’m reading a K. Larsen book that isn’t out yet called The Tutor and it’s DARK. YAY ME!!!!!! In bed already, reading, with a lemon drop martini. This is the life!
Jan: Maryse, you’re in bed with your tutor and a lemon drop martini. Nice. Enjoy!
Nay: Oooh, just put The Tutor on my tbr! No release date yet, darn it! But I love the trigger warning: “Trigger warning: all of them. This will not elicit warm fuzzy feelings”
Amy: *adds new K. Larsen book to list* I’ll NEVER turn down a chance to read one of her books!!!
But in the meantime…
Take a look at what we found! (NOTE: some are bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order. Sales listed are for Amazon U.S., however some of the Amazon UK links also reflect the sale!):
- Revelry by Kandi Steiner <— MOODY NEW NEIGHBOR ALERT & IT JUST WENT LIVE!!! She’s newly divorced and taking some time away, and has a new brooding UNINTERESTED neighbor… “A broody neighbor with nice arms, a strange reputation, and absolutely no interest in her. Anderson Black is perfectly fine being lost. He doesn’t care about the town’s new resident — he’s too busy fighting his own demons. But when he’s brought face to face with Wren, he can see her still-fresh wounds from a mile away...”
Nancy: I Loved this Book!!
- Trophy Wife by Alessandra Torre <— ALESSANDRA TORRE ALERT! “He wanted a perfect polite sex toy. Turns out, that roles doesn’t really work for me.” Tee hee!!! If this tiny teaser doesn’t titillate you, I don’t know what will. ;) I one-clicked it. That’s EXACTLY what I want to read. P.S. It’s bargain priced (to sweeten the pot). And Jessica is as excited as I am about it!
Jessica: I just one-clicked Alessandra’s TROPHY WIFE. I love the taboo trope, and anything with a so-wrong-it’s-right contract in it is my catnip these days. I already stayed up way too late plowing through half of it last night, and now I’m *almost* looking forward to going to the gym today because I get to keep reading it on the elliptical. Thanks for the great blog post!
Maryse: YAY JESSICA!!! I second every thing you just said. Except about the gym. I just… no. *snort*
- Red Water by Kristen Mae <— LIVE!!! PSYCH-THRILLER/HORROR ALERT!!!! Ooooh this one just went LIVE and looks interesting (and has some AMAZING sounding reviews)… listed as “thriller/horror” (sounds like a psych-thriller to me!!) She just started college and considers her tiny dorm an upgrade from where she was living… “…when her new love interest begins to reveal his more unsavory appetites, Malory finds herself a hapless participant in sick games that force her to confront her nasty inner demons. As the game intensifies, so do the whispers in Malory’s head…“
- Partly Pumping by Victoria Devino <— HE TOOK HALF HER HEART & THIS IS HER LOVE STORY… “…yes, you will read about him, and I will talk about him a lot. And you will picture him in your mind. You will try to put together characteristics of him. But, they will never be accurate. Because, I cant even do that. Time makes you forget all of the most important details. Time creates you to forget – until you need to remember again. My name is Ann Marie. This is my story about love. And it is now time for me to remember. I am going to try and remember it all...” and Allie recommends it!
Allie: You should review Partly Pumping, by Victoria Devino! Its on Amazon and I am obsessed. Such steamy scenes, but it is so empowering with a strong female voice. This reminded me of it a little…awesome.
- How We Fall by Melissa Toppen <— LIVE!!! BEST FRIENDS SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT! “…Cole wasn’t just my childhood best friend- the boy who knew me better than anyone else in the whole world. He was also my first love- a part of my very core. When a tragic death brings us face to face again after six years, every single memory comes rushing to the surface. Only this is not the boy I fell in love with all those years ago. The man before me is hardened, intimidating, and so damn sexy I practically melt when those dark eyes meet mine for the first time in six years...”
- Blood Of A Rebel (Black Rebel Riders’ MC Book 9) by Glenna Maynard <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK ALERT!!
- Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo <— FANTASY ROMANCE THRILLER ALERT! One of our favorite authors LOVED this one, and now bev is reading it and seems to be loving it too (mind you, it’s been hit-or-miss amongst our crew for a few that can’t get into it, but maybe it’s a mood thing? I’m dying to know ’cause it looks so good.
Suzanne: Six of Crows is still echoing in my head. Smart. Exciting. Suspenseful. A hint of swoon. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong. You thought you had it figured out and then—WRONG! It gave me a total panic attack. Loved it.
bev: I’m also reading Six of Crows. It’s delightful. So much fun.
Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella <— SO FUNNY ALERT!! Cait can’t stop laughing and she’s driving everyone around her crazy!
Jean: Hey guys, a book I’ve been waiting to go on sale finally did! Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella. I know I heard of this book on here somewhere a long time ago! Another of hers, Remember Me?, is also on sale!
Cait: On Jean’s comment about the Sophie Kinsella book sale I bought can you keep a secret and honestly haven’t stopped laughing! My family are ready to throw something at me! Thanks Jean
Maryse: Yay!! Thank you Jean. I don’t have “Remember Me?” !!!!
- Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella <— SHE LOST HER MEMORY & REALIZES SHE’S NOW LIVING THE LIFE!!! One click of happiness!!! “Lexi has lost a big chunk of her memory, three years to be exact, and she’s about to find out just how much things have changed. Somehow Lexi went from a twenty-five-year-old working girl to a corporate big shot with a sleek new loft, a personal assistant, a carb-free diet, and a set of glamorous new friends. And who is this gorgeous husband—who also happens to be a multimillionaire? With her mind still stuck three years in reverse, Lexi greets this brave new world determined to be the person she…well, seems to be. That is, until an adorably disheveled architect drops the biggest bombshell of all.” Mine!!!
- Semi-Broken (Harper Hall Investigations Book 4) by Isabel Jordan <— PARANORMAL ALERT!! Laura found us this one!!
Laura: Isabel Jordan’s “Semi-Broken” (Harper Hall Investigations Book 4) was released today. This is literally the only book that could coax me out of my book hangover after reading “Never Sweeter: A Dark Obsession Novel” by Charlotte Stein.
- Accidentally on Purpose: A Heartbreaker Bay Novel by Jill Shalvis <— JILL SHALVIS SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT! Tee hee! This one looks like fun!! I love it when “friends” sabotage potential dates. ;) “As far as Archer’s concerned, nobody is good enough for Elle. But when he sets out to prove it by sabotaging her dates, she gets mad—and things get hot as hell. Now Archer has a new mission: prove to Elle that her perfect man has been here all along…“
- Commitment by Nia Forrester <— SOUNDS FORBIDDENY!!!! HE’S A FAMOUS RAPPER & THEY CAN’T STAY AWAY FROM EACH OTHER… “…what’s worse, while he’s never committed to any woman before, she’s committed to someone else. Still, they can’t stay away from each other…“ Jan tells us WE MUST READ THIS SERIES!!!
Jan: I started reading this back in March but took a break cos I was nervous about the angst coming :-/ Now I’ve started again from the start. I’m determined I’m going to get through it this time. I LOVE the rest of this series. And I LOVE the h and H of this one, Riley and Shawn. Just, Shawn, don’t do it!!! Noooooo!!!!!! Don’t break her heart! (and my heart). (But I already know from the other books that all will eventually end well. It’s just the pain and angst of the journey!)*shouts out* Everyone should read this series!!
- Sempre by J.M. Darhower <— OLDIE BUT GOODIE MAFIA ROMANCE ALERT!! And Kathy FINALLY just read it!
Kathy: I just finished Sempre by J.M. Darhower. I am so embarrassed to say that I bought it in 2013 and FINALLY read it!! It was so good. I couldn’t sleep last night as I stopped with 80% read and wanted to see how it ended. I can’t wait to start Sempre Redemption. It makes me wonder how many treasures are just sitting on my Kindle waiting to be read!!
- The Hot Shot by Kristen Callahan <— KRISTEN CALLIHAN’S LATEST SPORTS STAR RELEASE… SHE’S A PRICKLY PHOTOGRAPHER & BECOMES HIS ROOMMATE ALERT!!! And Kandace LOVES IT!!
Kandace: I’m reading The Hot Shot and it’s giving me beautiful butterflies. I think it’s going to be one of my favs of the year.
Jean: The Hot Shot (just read The Game Plan (Game On Series Book 3) so really looking forward to Finn’s story!)
- The Last Girl (The Dominion Trilogy Book 1) by Joe Hart <— DYSTOPIAN THRILLER ALERT!!!! Fabi is reading this one, that I can’t wait to start. It’s a complete trilogy, and I have the first two books!!! YAY ME!!!!
Fabi: Maryse, I can’t put it down. I stayed up late reading. I got up early to read. Then I took a two hour lunch reading (oops). It’s dystopian with a bit of apocalypse and a dollop of thriller. It’s kept me on the edge of my seat so definitely working up to a 5 star for me.
- The Brave Line by Kate Stewart <— I LOVE THIS AUTHOR & I totally one-clicked her latest release (it’s super-bargain priced!!). MINE MINE MINE!!! A dispatcher starting over… and a COP!!! YAY ME!!!! “…Fueled by a new career as a dispatcher, she’s determined not to let her scars weigh her down. She apologizes for nothing, especially her insatiable need for a certain police officer...”
- Tyler (Riding Hard Book 4) by Jennifer Ashley <— LIVE!!! SEXY WESTERN BY JENNIFER ASHLEY ALERT!!!
- White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements Book 1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout <— JENNIFER L. ARMENTROUT LOVE TRIANGLE ALERT THAT MIGHT MAKE YOU FALL FOR BOTH OF THEM!!! Amy found us this one on super-sale!
Amy: White Hot Kiss by Jennifer Armentrout (first book in the Dark Elements trilogy)… right now! Total feels from all the YA PNR/UF books of a few years ago. I still can’t believe how she made me fall equally for both Zayne and Roth. I was thrilled with who she chose but oh, my heart…seeing the other guy have to walk away HURT.
- Fix You (Second Chances Book 1) by Mari Carr <— LIVE!!! HER BEST FRIEND IS A ROCK STAR & SHE’S IN LOVE WITH HIM ALERT!! “...This New Year’s Eve heralds the year she’s going to tell Rob the truth. Even if he is on the road, reaching for musical stardom with his band. Her plan is derailed when she discovers a lump in her breast—and it’s not “nothing to worry about”…“
- Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard <— HUGE HIT FANTASY ROMANCE/THRILLER ALERT! She has a power she didn’t know about until now… “Mare Barrow’s world is divided by blood—those with common, Red blood serve the Silver- blooded elite, who are gifted with superhuman abilities. Mare is a Red, scraping by as a thief in a poor, rural village, until a twist of fate throws her in front of the Silver court. Before the king, princes, and all the nobles, she discovers she has an ability of her own. To cover up this impossibility, the king forces her to play the role of a lost Silver princess and betroths her to one of his own sons...” So many in our crew went crazy for this one, and now MichelleS is LOVING it, too!
MichelleS: I decided what the heck, I’ll download sample of Red Queen. Totally hooked. Finally some good writing!!!
Tessa: *squee* Yeah, MichelleS! I hope you enjoy it. *fingers crossed*
Robyn: Michelle S….the Red Queen was such a good book. I’ve read the whole series and am waiting for the next book to come out. You won’t be disappointed! I also bought all the books in hardback from Costco a couple months ago. I scored,the lottery on that one!
For those going on a road trip soon, or maybe you’ve got some projects that require both hands this weekend but still allows you to “listen”… check out the free audible trial + 2 free audiobooks deal —>
- AND! Here’s the fun-tool again! —> Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! <— This thing is so cool (Amazon calls it “Matchmaker“)! It’s an Amazon feature, that scans all of your Kindle books and will list all of the ones you have that are also available as an audiobook at a discounted price (not normal audiobook prices). This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- F*ck Love by Tarryn Fisher <— HE’S DATING HER BEST FRIEND ALERT!!! Ashley recommends it in audiobook! “I absolutely loved F*ck Love. I read the book once but have listened to the audiobook 3 or 4 times, it’s one that I keep going back to.”
- Bright Side by Kim Holden <— AWESOME TEAR-JERKER ALERT!!! And Nay recommends THIS one in audiobook! Since many of you got the Kindle version at a super-bargain price, it’s exceptionally well priced as an audiobook also, if you use Amazon’s Whipsersync feature.
Nay: the Brightside audiobook is FABULOUS!!
PREORDERS (next week’s!!! )
- Boys South of the Mason Dixon by Abbi Glines – April 24th 2017
- Wicked Abyss (Immortals After Dark) by Kresley Cole - April 25th 2017
- Blade Bound (Chicagoland Vampires) by Chloe Neill - April 25th 2017
- Bennett’s Chance (Fourth Down) by Violet Duke - April 25th 2017
- Into the Light (Chosen Paths) by L.B. Simmons - April 25th 2017
- A Fire in the Blood by Amanda Ashley - April 25th 2017
- Midnight Target (A Killer Instincts Novel) by Elle Kennedy - April 25th 2017
- Arranged: A Masters and Mercenaries Novella by Lexi Blake - April 25th 2017
- Snared (Elemental Assassin Book 16) by Jennifer Estep - April 25th 2017
- Ride Rough: A Raven Riders Novel by Laura Kaye - April 25th 2017
- The Enforcer: Games People Play by HelenKay Dimon - April 25th 2017
- Too Hard to Forget (Romancing the Clarksons) by Tessa Bailey - April 25th 2017
- Sin With Me (Bad Habit) by J.T. Geissinger - April 25th 2017
- Dangerous Consequences by Lisa Renee Johnson – April 25th 2017
- 180 Seconds by Jessica Park - April 25th 2017
- Preppy, Part Three: The Life & Death of Samuel Clearwater (King Series Book 7) by T.M. Frazier - April 26th 2017
- Lost Rider (The Coming Home Series Book 1) by Harper Sloan – April 27th 2017
- Son of a Beard (The Dixie Wardens Rejects MC Book 3) by Lani Lynn Vale – April 27th 2017
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).