Plus… a great list of recommendations including some super-sales for books we know and LOVE! Like that one to the left. It truly IS crazy good!
Along with some highly anticipated pre-orders (coming out Monday & Tuesday like Turn On A Dime – Kade’s Turn (Kathleen Turner Series Book 7) and On the Record (The Record Series) - listed below!! Good stuff all around.
But today’s list has a touch of “extra-awesome”. I’ve got a ton of new recommendations that are totally “new-to-me” and maybe new to you guys too? They came from last night’s Ten Books That Stayed With Me” reader lists and WOW. So many awesome-looking ones, and enthusiastic recommendations that I couldn’t help but include a few of ‘em here (and I may make this a weekly feature)! I love that it’s a look into our past reads (maybe even all the way back. These are the books that “marked” us). I mean… come on right!?? If out of all the books we’ve read, these stick out the most, in the minds of our fellow reading addicts, they must be awesome (or crazy)!
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Crazy Good by Rachel Robinson <— one of my favorites from this year (it’s crazy good for real!!). Thank you Aimee!! (my review)
- Don’t Let Go by Sharla Lovelace <— Kat just found out this recent release so I totally one-clicked it! It’s been only “radar” after seeing a few recommendations for it and Debbi says: “This one is good. It is slow in the beginning, but it builds.”
- Resenting Me (Breakneck Series, Book 1.5) by Crystal Spears <— JUST RELEASED!! (here’s the series reading order)
- One Night with her Boss by Noelle Adams <— JUST RELEASED!! “Anne has worked for her sexy, ex-surfer, businessman boss for seven years, and she’s been in love with him for two. Jake doesn’t think about her as anything but his ever-efficient assistant, though…“
- Inked by Jade C. Jamison, J.M. Walker, Stacy Gail <— JUST RELEASED!! “Three contemporary romance and erotica authors bring you the collection INKED–three full-length novels centering around all things tattoos.”
- The Red Door (The Door Series Book 1) by J. L. Massey <— JUST RELEASED!! “Aurora Hammond finds herself in an exclusive BDSM club called The Red Door. Club owner, Mitch Reed, and Dom, Alex James, want Aurora to be theirs, even if they have to share…”
- Worth Forgiving by Vi Keeland <— JUST RELEASED!!! MMA FIGHTER ALERT! It’s part of a series but each one can be read as a standalone.
- Tempt My Heart: A Brittan McKenna Story by Danielle Jamie <— Aimee found this one today, too! And Cheryl said: “Just finished Tempt My Heart. It was a tear jerker, but not the way I thought it was going to be going into it. Jordon is so sweet- reminded me of Kellan.”
- One to Hold by Tia Louise <— Kat found out this one, too! He’s a retired marine, ex-cop! “When the two intersect in a bar in Arizona, their sexual chemistry is off the charts. But what is revealed during their “one week stand” only complicates matters…“
- Torn Series Bundle (Scornfully Yours, Frayed, Blasphemous, Scorned and Fixated on You) by Pamela Ann <— I know a TON of our fellow readers love this author, and it appears she has bundled one of her entire series (5 books!)! Thanks Stephanie!! Marie says: “Just can’t
Put this series down. Absolutely the best I have read in a long while.”
- Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights Series) by M.S. Brannon <— Stephanie also found us this series on sale, saying: “Sulfur Heights Series by M.S. Brannon. Get all five books on sale !” and Kim says: “There are now a total of 5 books that complete the series and its officially one of my favorite series of 2014. You will not be disappointed trust me.“
- Tragic Love (Sulfur Heights #2) by M.S. Brannon
- Blind Love (Sulfur Heights Series #3) by M.S. Brannon
- Surviving Love (Sulfur Heights Book 4) by M.S. Brannon
- Redeemed Love (Sulfur Heights Series Book 5) by M.S. Brannon
- Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel by Katherine Reay <— Aimee found it! Looks like I already one-clicked this one in the past, and yep! I remember this intriguing blurb… “An anonymous, Dickensian benefactor (calling himself Mr. Knightley) offers to put Sam through Northwestern University’s prestigious Medill School of Journalism. There is only one catch: Sam must write frequent letters to the mysterious donor, detailing her progress…” <— and things get confessional.
- 18 Things (My So-Called Afterlife #1) by Jamie Ayres <— New to me with an enticing blurb. Young and suicidal after a tragedy, her therapist tells her to create a bucket-list of sorts (things to do by the time she’s 18)… “Good thing Nate, a new hottie in town, enters her life with perfect timing. He brings the fun factor to her list and helps her discover the beauty and strength inside herself, then complicates things by falling in love with her. But there’s more to Olga’s quests than meets the eye and when her therapist reveals a terrifying secret, her world is shaken. There’s only one thing she knows for certain: her choices won’t just affect her future, but all eternity.” Hrmmm… lots of great reviews. Is it paranormal? I just checked. YES!
- Bounty by Elise Sax <— the reviews look great! It looks more like a funny read than a scary one (even though she is kidnapped): “…on day two of her vacation, Abby finds herself bound and stuffed into a burlap bag and dragged across two continents. And worse than that? Her hottie abductor has got her distracted. Maybe escape is overrated.“
- As Twilight Falls (Zebra Paranormal Romance) by Amanda Ashley <— LOL!!! Okay this was an author I used to indulge in back in the day when I was a vampire-romance addict and really wanted the sappy-super-romance stuff. I never went crazy-crazy over her books, but couldn’t help but indulge in them, anyway. She satisfied that “romance sweet tooth”. You know… “those books”. Well, this is a recent one, and the reason I’m laughing is ’cause I couldn’t help but read the first review on Amazon and I totally snorted. Funny!! Actually makes me wanna read it. I know… I know. I usually barely even glance at reviews so I can go in blind, but that review title… I couldn’t help myself. LOL! That poor reader is suffering. And she says “vampire-fricking”. LOL!!!!
- When You’re Ready (The Ready Series Book 1) by J.L. Berg <— also on sale and loved by many! Jessica says: “I came across this “gem” by chance and it was truly amazing… It Has to be one of the best books of this summer for me. … an amazing story of loss, healing, and love, and second chances.“
- Chasing Perfection Vol. 1 by M.S. Parker <— (I think #2, is also). “There’s always another talent waiting to take a seat on the casting couch, but I’ve yet to find what I’m looking for. I know what I want and I won’t settle for less. I’m always chasing perfection.”
- Chasing Perfection Vol. 2 by M.S. Parker <— Yes. this one was just recently released!
- The Lover’s Secret by J.C. Reed <— this recent release! “Sexy millionaire Jett can have any woman he wants, but the night he meets Brooke at the Trio Hotel, he tries to get her to surrender. Passions run deep. The fun is supposed to be for one night with no strings attached. He’s almost accomplished his goal, and then she gets a letter she was never meant to read. Suddenly, secrets get a completely new meaning. When two hearts collide, at least one is bound to shatter.”
- The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols <— Oh I loved a book from this author in the past (here’s my review of Going Too Far), and I know a bunch of us love her! Here’s one that is the Kindle Daily deal today! “Gemma can’t believe her luck when the star football player starts flirting with her. Max is totally swoon-worthy, and even gets her quirky sense of humor. So when he asks out her so-called best friend Addison, Gemma’s heartbroken…“
- Snow-Kissed (A Novella) by Laura Florand <— Michelle included this one in her 10-list, saying: “For one reason or another, maybe a particular scene or character or emotional chord struck, these have stuck with me over the last couple of years:” Yep… this sounds good! Tragedy strikes the happily married couple and “But when loss struck them, Kai went down under the avalanche of grief. She threw their marriage away, and she left him, fleeing the world for this cabin high in the mountains.” And then they get stuck together in a snowed-in cabin…
- The Last Letter from Your Lover: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <—- okay so not bargain priced, but I know I love this author already, and it’s got a crazy-ton of great reviews and Diane added it to her list. “A Brief Encounter for our time, The Last Letter from Your Lover is a sophisticated, spellbinding double love story that spans decades and thrillingly evokes a bygone era.” Accident victim with amnesia receives letters… and then… “In 2003, journalist Ellie Haworth stumbles upon the letter and becomes obsessed with learning the unknown lovers’ fate—hoping it will inspire her own happy ending.”
- Written In Red: A Novel of the Others by Anne Bishop <— Loved by multiple readers in our crew (also not bargain priced) but their enthusiasm makes me think I’m missing out! Michelle says: “just sucked me in to this completely unique world. It’s my favorite paranormal read this year hands down!” and Bev says: “….loved Written in Red. I was living there long after I closed the book. I wonder if we can convince Maryse to give it a whirl some time.”
- Falling for Hadie (With Me Series Book 2) by Komal Kant <— can be read as a standalone and it’s in Summer’s 10-list.
- Defending Jacob: A Novel by William Landay <— on Tracy’s 10-list! Ah perfect life, marriage, job until… “…Andy’s quiet suburb is stunned by a shocking crime: a young boy stabbed to death in a leafy park. And an even greater shock: The accused is Andy’s own son—shy, awkward, mysterious Jacob…”
- Skye O’Malley: A Novel by Bertrice Small <— On Tessa’s 10-list and she says: “Skye O’Malley was such an OMG, especially at 14. That stuck with me for some very obvious reasons, if you read it. Thankfully, I had my sister to go to to ask a TON of questions while reading the series.“
- Turn On A Dime – Kade’s Turn (Kathleen Turner Series Book 7) by Tiffany Snow – expected release date August 25th 2014!!
- Resist Me (Men of Inked Book 4) by Chelle Bliss - expected release date August 25th 2014
- Winning Love (Love to the Extreme Book 3) by Abby Niles - expected release date August 26th 2014
- Sweet Fall (Sweet Home Series Book 3) by Tillie Cole - expected release date August 26th 2014
- Reluctantly Royal (Suddenly Book 3) by Nichole Chase - expected release date August 26th 2014
- Stone Cold Lover (Gargoyles Series) by Christine Warren - expected release date August 26th 2014
- Dante’s Fire by Jennifer Probst - expected release date August 26th 2014
- On the Record (The Record Series) by K.A. Linde - expected release date August 26th 2014
- Every Time I Think of You by Tracey Garvis-Graves <— expected release date September 16th 2014 – I love this author so anything coming out by her, I’m on it!
- Cherish (Covet, #1.5) by Tracey Garvis-Graves – expected release date October 28th 2014 <— I loved book #1 (here’s my review of Covet).
- Discovering Me (Breakneck Series Book 4) by Crystal Spears - expected release date November 17th 2014
- For the Record (The Record Series) by K.A. Linde – expected release date November 28th 2014!!