BREAKING NEWS UPDATE (Saturday August 23rd 2014)!! Maybe Someday is on sale today !!!! 😀 Loved it! Just check out my review. You’ll see! —->
Plus… a great list of recommendations including some super-sales for books we know and LOVE! Like that one to the left. It truly IS crazy good! 😉
Along with some highly anticipated pre-orders (coming out Monday & Tuesday like Turn On A Dime – Kade’s Turn (Kathleen Turner Series Book 7) and On the Record (The Record Series) – listed below!! Good stuff all around.
But today’s list has a touch of “extra-awesome”. I’ve got a ton of new recommendations that are totally “new-to-me” and maybe new to you guys too? They came from last night’s Ten Books That Stayed With Me” reader lists and WOW. So many awesome-looking ones, and enthusiastic recommendations that I couldn’t help but include a few of ’em here (and I may make this a weekly feature)! I love that it’s a look into our past reads (maybe even all the way back. These are the books that “marked” us). I mean… come on right!?? If out of all the books we’ve read, these stick out the most, in the minds of our fellow reading addicts, they must be awesome (or crazy)! 😀
P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).
P.P.S. Don’t have a Kindle? No problem! Amazon offers various free Kindle apps and a free Kindle Cloud reader for any and ALL of us to use. You can either use the free Kindle App for your smartphone, tablet, AND your desktop computer (just like you’re using a Kindle, but right through your web browser <— No need to download anything! )
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Crazy Good by Rachel Robinson <— one of my favorites from this year (it’s crazy good for real!!). Thank you Aimee!! (my review)
- Don’t Let Go by Sharla Lovelace <— Kat just found out this recent release so I totally one-clicked it! It’s been only “radar” after seeing a few recommendations for it and Debbi says: “This one is good. It is slow in the beginning, but it builds.”
- Resenting Me (Breakneck Series, Book 1.5) by Crystal Spears <— JUST RELEASED!! (here’s the series reading order)
- One Night with her Boss by Noelle Adams <— JUST RELEASED!! “Anne has worked for her sexy, ex-surfer, businessman boss for seven years, and she’s been in love with him for two. Jake doesn’t think about her as anything but his ever-efficient assistant, though…“
- Inked by Jade C. Jamison, J.M. Walker, Stacy Gail <— JUST RELEASED!! “Three contemporary romance and erotica authors bring you the collection INKED–three full-length novels centering around all things tattoos.”
- The Red Door (The Door Series Book 1) by J. L. Massey <— JUST RELEASED!! “Aurora Hammond finds herself in an exclusive BDSM club called The Red Door. Club owner, Mitch Reed, and Dom, Alex James, want Aurora to be theirs, even if they have to share…”
- Worth Forgiving by Vi Keeland <— JUST RELEASED!!! MMA FIGHTER ALERT! 🙂 It’s part of a series but each one can be read as a standalone.
- Tempt My Heart: A Brittan McKenna Story by Danielle Jamie <— Aimee found this one today, too! And Cheryl said: “Just finished Tempt My Heart. It was a tear jerker, but not the way I thought it was going to be going into it. Jordon is so sweet- reminded me of Kellan.”
- One to Hold by Tia Louise <— Kat found out this one, too! He’s a retired marine, ex-cop! “When the two intersect in a bar in Arizona, their sexual chemistry is off the charts. But what is revealed during their “one week stand” only complicates matters…“
- Torn Series Bundle (Scornfully Yours, Frayed, Blasphemous, Scorned and Fixated on You) by Pamela Ann <— I know a TON of our fellow readers love this author, and it appears she has bundled one of her entire series (5 books!)! Thanks Stephanie!! Marie says: “Just can’t
Put this series down. Absolutely the best I have read in a long while.”
- Scarred Love (Sulfur Heights Series) by M.S. Brannon <— Stephanie also found us this series on sale, saying: “Sulfur Heights Series by M.S. Brannon. Get all five books on sale !” and Kim says: “There are now a total of 5 books that complete the series and its officially one of my favorite series of 2014. You will not be disappointed trust me.“
- Tragic Love (Sulfur Heights #2) by M.S. Brannon
- Blind Love (Sulfur Heights Series #3) by M.S. Brannon
- Surviving Love (Sulfur Heights Book 4) by M.S. Brannon
- Redeemed Love (Sulfur Heights Series Book 5) by M.S. Brannon
- Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel by Katherine Reay <— Aimee found it! Looks like I already one-clicked this one in the past, and yep! I remember this intriguing blurb… “An anonymous, Dickensian benefactor (calling himself Mr. Knightley) offers to put Sam through Northwestern University’s prestigious Medill School of Journalism. There is only one catch: Sam must write frequent letters to the mysterious donor, detailing her progress…” <— and things get confessional. 😉
- 18 Things (My So-Called Afterlife #1) by Jamie Ayres <— New to me with an enticing blurb. Young and suicidal after a tragedy, her therapist tells her to create a bucket-list of sorts (things to do by the time she’s 18)… “Good thing Nate, a new hottie in town, enters her life with perfect timing. He brings the fun factor to her list and helps her discover the beauty and strength inside herself, then complicates things by falling in love with her. But there’s more to Olga’s quests than meets the eye and when her therapist reveals a terrifying secret, her world is shaken. There’s only one thing she knows for certain: her choices won’t just affect her future, but all eternity.” Hrmmm… lots of great reviews. Is it paranormal? I just checked. YES!
- Bounty by Elise Sax <— the reviews look great! It looks more like a funny read than a scary one (even though she is kidnapped): “…on day two of her vacation, Abby finds herself bound and stuffed into a burlap bag and dragged across two continents. And worse than that? Her hottie abductor has got her distracted. Maybe escape is overrated.“
- As Twilight Falls (Zebra Paranormal Romance) by Amanda Ashley <— LOL!!! Okay this was an author I used to indulge in back in the day when I was a vampire-romance addict and really wanted the sappy-super-romance stuff. 😉 I never went crazy-crazy over her books, but couldn’t help but indulge in them, anyway. She satisfied that “romance sweet tooth”. You know… “those books”. Well, this is a recent one, and the reason I’m laughing is ’cause I couldn’t help but read the first review on Amazon and I totally snorted. Funny!! 😛 Actually makes me wanna read it. I know… I know. I usually barely even glance at reviews so I can go in blind, but that review title… I couldn’t help myself. LOL! That poor reader is suffering. And she says “vampire-fricking”. LOL!!!!
- When You’re Ready (The Ready Series Book 1) by J.L. Berg <— also on sale and loved by many! Jessica says: “I came across this “gem” by chance and it was truly amazing… It Has to be one of the best books of this summer for me. … an amazing story of loss, healing, and love, and second chances.“
- Chasing Perfection Vol. 1 by M.S. Parker <— (I think #2, is also). “There’s always another talent waiting to take a seat on the casting couch, but I’ve yet to find what I’m looking for. I know what I want and I won’t settle for less. I’m always chasing perfection.”
- Chasing Perfection Vol. 2 by M.S. Parker <— Yes. this one was just recently released!
- The Lover’s Secret by J.C. Reed <— this recent release! “Sexy millionaire Jett can have any woman he wants, but the night he meets Brooke at the Trio Hotel, he tries to get her to surrender. Passions run deep. The fun is supposed to be for one night with no strings attached. He’s almost accomplished his goal, and then she gets a letter she was never meant to read. Suddenly, secrets get a completely new meaning. When two hearts collide, at least one is bound to shatter.”
- The One That I Want by Jennifer Echols <— Oh I loved a book from this author in the past (here’s my review of Going Too Far), and I know a bunch of us love her! Here’s one that is the Kindle Daily deal today! “Gemma can’t believe her luck when the star football player starts flirting with her. Max is totally swoon-worthy, and even gets her quirky sense of humor. So when he asks out her so-called best friend Addison, Gemma’s heartbroken…“
- Snow-Kissed (A Novella) by Laura Florand <— Michelle included this one in her 10-list, saying: “For one reason or another, maybe a particular scene or character or emotional chord struck, these have stuck with me over the last couple of years:” Yep… this sounds good! Tragedy strikes the happily married couple and “But when loss struck them, Kai went down under the avalanche of grief. She threw their marriage away, and she left him, fleeing the world for this cabin high in the mountains.” And then they get stuck together in a snowed-in cabin…
- The Last Letter from Your Lover: A Novel by Jojo Moyes <—- okay so not bargain priced, but I know I love this author already, and it’s got a crazy-ton of great reviews and Diane added it to her list. “A Brief Encounter for our time, The Last Letter from Your Lover is a sophisticated, spellbinding double love story that spans decades and thrillingly evokes a bygone era.” Accident victim with amnesia receives letters… and then… “In 2003, journalist Ellie Haworth stumbles upon the letter and becomes obsessed with learning the unknown lovers’ fate—hoping it will inspire her own happy ending.”
- Written In Red: A Novel of the Others by Anne Bishop <— Loved by multiple readers in our crew (also not bargain priced) but their enthusiasm makes me think I’m missing out! Michelle says: “just sucked me in to this completely unique world. It’s my favorite paranormal read this year hands down!” and Bev says: “….loved Written in Red. I was living there long after I closed the book. I wonder if we can convince Maryse to give it a whirl some time.”
- Falling for Hadie (With Me Series Book 2) by Komal Kant <— can be read as a standalone and it’s in Summer’s 10-list.
- Defending Jacob: A Novel by William Landay <— on Tracy’s 10-list! Ah perfect life, marriage, job until… “…Andy’s quiet suburb is stunned by a shocking crime: a young boy stabbed to death in a leafy park. And an even greater shock: The accused is Andy’s own son—shy, awkward, mysterious Jacob…”
- Skye O’Malley: A Novel by Bertrice Small <— On Tessa’s 10-list and she says: “Skye O’Malley was such an OMG, especially at 14. That stuck with me for some very obvious reasons, if you read it. Thankfully, I had my sister to go to to ask a TON of questions while reading the series.“
- Turn On A Dime – Kade’s Turn (Kathleen Turner Series Book 7) by Tiffany Snow – expected release date August 25th 2014!!
- Resist Me (Men of Inked Book 4) by Chelle Bliss – expected release date August 25th 2014
- Winning Love (Love to the Extreme Book 3) by Abby Niles – expected release date August 26th 2014
- Sweet Fall (Sweet Home Series Book 3) by Tillie Cole – expected release date August 26th 2014
- Reluctantly Royal (Suddenly Book 3) by Nichole Chase – expected release date August 26th 2014
- Stone Cold Lover (Gargoyles Series) by Christine Warren – expected release date August 26th 2014
- Dante’s Fire by Jennifer Probst – expected release date August 26th 2014
- On the Record (The Record Series) by K.A. Linde – expected release date August 26th 2014
- Every Time I Think of You by Tracey Garvis-Graves <— expected release date September 16th 2014 – I love this author so anything coming out by her, I’m on it!
- Cherish (Covet, #1.5) by Tracey Garvis-Graves – expected release date October 28th 2014 <— I loved book #1 (here’s my review of Covet).
- Discovering Me (Breakneck Series Book 4) by Crystal Spears – expected release date November 17th 2014
- For the Record (The Record Series) by K.A. Linde – expected release date November 28th 2014!!
Finishing TTM today then plan on something light-hearted, maybe Bounty. Then waiting for release of Sweet Fall on tuesday. 😉
Did you get past that 53% mark, Cheryl? LOL!!!
I downloaded 18 Things, The Red Door and Inked. Put another handful on my wish list AND only read up to halfway point in your list Maryse before forcing my eyes closed with the internal promise to come back to it. Give us a break huh Maryse? There aren’t enough hours in the day to read this many great books. 🙂 *huzzz w/ much thanks*
LOL, Fabi. The one time I missed the Friday list (during Book Bash) there was some backlash. 😉 All in good fun mind you, but I had to scramble to put up a “late-list” that Sunday.
No, took mental break to prepare. Read a short novella, Lucky Charm. Now I THINK I’m mentally ready… *hugging Amy’s manatee
Personally, I would have book withdrawals if you didn’t post the “lists.” Not that my book Dom is happy, with all the squirreling I do! 🙂
I need to hire people to help me get through my TBR list! Sheesh
Well… tell your Book-Dom it’s job security. 😉
Tell him I said so. *eeeeeep!!* 😀
Yummy Mr. Dom…Maryse said… Oh! Ow! Ok ok … I’ll tell her. Ummm Maryse….he…
Beauty and the Mustache by Penny Reid is due out Aug. 28.
Also the first four books in the JD Robb In Death Series are on sale for $1.99. I’ve been waiting a while to try this series. They hardly ever go on sale so I snapped them up!
Taunting the Book Doms, huh? *snicker* Someone is full of p*ss and vinegar today! 😛
I took a peek at your top 10 list from yesterday, and there were soooo many of my “firsts” there that triggered the butterflies in my tummy! Beautiful Disaster was my first contemporary romance after a slew of YA PNR, Thoughtless was my intro to angst… *sigh*
I love it when you give us a list that has a bunch of books not already on my iPad! Do ya think if I turn my Kindle app into a lending library I can justify the amount of books on it? Hehe, I say that and yet I just one-clicked at least a dozen more this morning. 😉
*snort* I saw Sandra’s comment about Beauty and the Mustache, and this meme came to mind…
I recently read Mud Vein and How To Kill A Rockstar and felt nothing, not even a lump in my throat. I’m worried I’ve read too many romance novels and am now immune to it all. That depresses me. Any suggestions to get me out of my book slump?
Written in Red on the List!!! Yes slightly obsessed. I feel like I’m one step away from holding it close and whispering ” my precious” to it.
Snowfall such a sad and yet sweet read.
You’ve asked for it now, Lexi! 😉
Please, Amy, Bring It!! I Double Dog Dare you!!
Yeah Maryse, he…
Next U go tell him stuff
did I forget to tell you my book Dom has his very own red room of pain?. *snort*
Lexi Lexi Lexi *shaking head*
The suggestions are going to come flying at you now. Better start ducking.
Have you read Rainfall?
Oh crap, Lexi…you used the dare word…
Fabi is right about Rainfall. Oooh, and When It Rains. *sob* Have you checked out Maryse’s list (two lists?) of books that made her cry? *hee hee* Give me a chance to finish my work and then I’m gonna bombard ya! 😛
Lexie is there a certain genre or subgenre your leaning towards? Sometimes switching those up can help.
If you have been reading contemporary romance maybe try historical or paranormal.
Hmm have I mentioned Written in Red or Kleypas?
Amy has got the scary reads. Don’t be fooled by manatees, giggles, and makeup. Girls got a dark side.
Lexi – agree with Bev with trying to switch up genre as well which is what I do. I read How to Kill a Rock Star with the sale recently and I was not blown away either which is a first for a book rec on here. Hmmm besides Written in Red (I think we both have a problem Bev haha) I recently really liked Touched by AJ Aalto if you are into paranormal reads.
Lexi, I’m with you. However, my reason is because I refuse to believe its all bad until the absolute end. If there is no HEA after everything, then I’m sad, but not crying. Unless the reason is death. No HEA due to death makes me cry. When it gets too bad in the center, I stop and just think evil, torturous, painful thoughts. (Yep, I get past sad parts by imagining horrible endings for the bad guy. Yeah overactive imaginations!)
I am currently reading Undeniably You by Jewel E Ann. Its not getting alot of buzz and I dont know why. It is so good and funny- I love this authors writing!! It has definitely brought me out of my book slump. Highly recommend it!! Cannot wait for Tuesday- On The Record by Kyla Linde!! Highly Recommend this series!! And Kades Turn by Tiffany Snow. Great Week for book releases!!
Maryse, Alessandra Torre’s Black Lies comes out next week too! All the early reviews so far have been amazing!
Yay, thanks for the recommendations! I haven’t read any of the ones you all mentioned and I can’t wait to start them.
Bev – I just got back from the library and checked out teen/young adult, paranormal, fantasy, and historical books – genres that I normally don’t read, hoping to change things up a bit.
Michelle – I’m really glad to know I’m not the only one who wasn’t impressed with Kill A Rockstar. I think for me it was because I figured out what was going to happen early on so I was expecting it and therefore didn’t feel it.
Tessa – yes, I need an HEA too. I’ve dealt with the loss of my twin and dad, so I look to books for providing me the happily ever afters life doesn’t bring.
Ok, settling in early today. Comfy clothes, hair up in a bun, plate of fries, & iced lemonade. And most importantly a book.
So, do you ladies have your weekend reads lined up.
Ok I need some help. I just finished Frenched and Yanked and they were sweet and funny. What’s next? You’ve all been talking about The Tied Man and I am intrigued and scared. I have The Opportunist, Bad Things (Tristan & Danika), The Wild Side and After Hours on my TBR list. I need some help deciding because I don’t know what I am in the mood for but totally open to suggestions.
@ Tracy I have the majority of those half read or unread. Except for TTM. From your list it looks like you may want a heavier read. It is that. It is also very dark and does not let up. But many on here loved it.
Nice to know you enjoyed Frenched . I’ve kind of been saving it when nothing but a trip to Paris will do.
Maybe read it with the rest of the Curio and take an extended trip.
Ewww Amy! You said mustache er…. never mind. My fingers won’t even go there.
Oh YAY!! Thank you Laura. I LOVE Alessandra Torre!!!!
I’m not ascared of your Book Dom. You tell him he can…
He just… GAH!!!
Ok…is anyone else having this problem…buying a book & a few pages in I realize I’ve read it before in an Anthology. This is driving me crazy!!!
Maryse, your fingers won’t go there?? BAHAHAHAHAHA! 😛
I just had dinner at Rainforest Cafe, and that stuffed chicken did nothing to absorb my Green Python drink. Or two drinks. Yeah, it was two. Freaking yummy. Ohhhhh, I am just waiting to jump on your comments, ladies. *snicker*
I walked right into that one, didn’t I, Amy? 😉
omg Amy – I didn’t even catch that till you pointed it out. And you’re two drinks up on me!
Sorry Lauren, I don’t think I’ve read any anthologies.
LOL Bev!!!! You’re gonna scare Lexi away from me! 😉
Tracy! The Opportunist is so crazy good, but you’ll need Dirty Red right away when you finish. Oh! And then Thief. BUT! I have an obsessive love for Tristan and Danika, so *I’m* recommending Bad Things. And then Rock Bottom. And then Lovely Trigger. It is a trainwreck at times but so worth it! Lucky!! You get to experience T&D for the first time! I’m sooooo jealous!!
Okay Lexi, what exactly did you pick up from the library so I can tell you if I’ve read them. Very good question from Bev about specific genres as well…and just how dark/angsty do you want to go. 😉 If you really want a specific kind of HEA right now, then I wouldn’t recommend Rainfall (even though it was great!) ONLY because readers are torn on whether it was a HEA or not. *I* personally think it had a HEA but others did not, so…there’s that. 😉
*giggle* Fabi, I’m really trying not to mix up a martini (or four) right now ’cause I already have the two drinks in me…but blackberry martinis sound soooo good right now! Come on, it’s Friday and I’m safe at home so it’s okay, right?!?!? Catch up with me Fabi so I don’t feel like a lush!
*catching peanuts from the Peanut Gallery and throwing them back*
Oooooh, peanuts…I’m gonna read a baseball star book tonight!!!
There really is no better way to asks this. But to my soon to be regret I have to ask. What does the green patron taste like?
I had to look it up, never heard of it before.
Ha, my autocorrect is trying to protect me.
It’s a drink at Rainforest Cafe, and it tastes so sweet and tropical and yummy!!! Bananas, melon, coconut, pineapple, citrus…can’t remember how many of those flavors came from liquor but who cares ’cause it was strong and GOOD!
Okay, I’m off to dig up a baseball-themed book from my iPad…sorry Rosie, catch ya next time!
Amy, good move skipping Rosie. I am at 70% and it was a struggle…. Great concept but just a little too slow for me….. I think I will be going back to the Reed Brothers or Wild Side or oh, I don’t know now…….
The Last Letter from Your Lover: A Novel by Jojo Moyes ( 5 stars!!!) and I read very good reviews about Defending Jacob, another book that is so dark that I literally felt sick ..lol… is The Dinner by Herman Koch, is going to blow your mind !!!
Jean – I’m so glad you said reed Brothers. I started with book 1 a few weeks back and loved it, but then went berserk with the next shiny new book and didn’t go back to it. Ok. Moving book 2 back up on my TBR list because Logan was so yummy.
Claudia – absolutely can NOT do another “book that is do dark that I literally felt sick” right now. I think my family can tell I was reading a dark book because my mood was different. You’ll have to mention it again later, when I can handle that kind of thing. It’s too soon after Tied Man for me.
Well I started TTM man last night and I’m not too far in yet so I can’t comment yet.
Amy – The Opportunist will be next. I can’t wait to read them all.
Cheryl – when I read Defending Jacob I really had no idea what to expect. I love legal thrillers so this is what I thought I was getting! I don’t want to give anything away but when I finished – I just couldn’t get it out of my mind.
So I am realizing that I have literally NEVER read a single book by Jojo Moyes. Am I missing out big time? It seems like it. If I were to add just ONE book to my TBR list from that author, what should it be?
MichelleS book 2 of Reed Brothers was great! I’m moving onto 3…..Pete’s story!!
I haven’t read Jojo Moyes yet either, but I think the one that is most recommended is Me Before You… but I understand its a tearjerker!
Tracy, you will love The Opportunist! Jealous of you experiencing it for the first time!
I don’t venture into the paranormal genre too often, but you guys have me wanting to read Written in Red. Going to start now!
I finished How to Kill A Rockstar last week. I liked it, not loved it. I felt like I could just put it down at certain parts and never open it again. I’ve been in a book slump since.
@Lexi I do agree with you about being immune from reading so much romance. I think it takes A LOT to find an amazing book these days. Oh well, I guess that’s what happens when you are a reading fiend.
Written in Red sounds very very tempting. New urban fantasy that has really good reviews? Right up my alley. So I downloaded the sample to add to my “sampling” this morning. I have a bunch now. This is like wine tasting…. a little of this, a little of that…. and surely something will grab me. You know what I could use right now (after TTM)? A Karen Moning Highlander-type book (smart, sexy, funny, steamy, cool, escape from reality). Adam Black, I need you…. or a MacKelter or two (even better).
@Lee & Michelle S Happy Dance you are giving Written in Red a chance. Just please be gentle. There are a couple of us here who may be teeny bit obsessed.
I have not read the Opportunist either. Bought the whole series on sale. But nervous. I tried the Avoiding series at that time a d it was DNF for me.
I’ve read almost every Jojo book and while all are probably worth reading, the big three are Me Before you, Last letter for your lover, and the Girl he left behind. Even though MBU was probably the best, the love story set in the 60’s in Last Letter (the one compared to Brief Encounter) was the most emotionally overwhelming I’ve ever read. There is a ~15% stretch in the middle that is unforgettable for me and I re-read it all the time. I think of Jojo as the Colleen Hoover of traditionally published authors, but with more mature characters and subject matter
You guys have me intrigued yet again with another book: Written in Red.
Michelle I was also going to go to PNR after TTM. KIND of like comfort food.
But at the last minute I decided on Deviant by Callie Hart. From Maryse’s post it’s a dark read but seems like a diffirent kind of dark read. A “tingles” kind. So I decided to jump in so that TTM doesn’t turn me off from dark reads in general.
I liked written in Red, though I was surprised when I saw it was considered romance. I honest thought it was a straight fantasy. I see the romantic aspects, but I guess I loved the world too much. The world is extremely creative and not like anything I’ve read before.
@ Fabi I started that one but then got distracted by another book. There was a scene in that one that was like “Whoa…that’s new.” Well for me, lol.
@Tessa love the world too.
Look right underneath this post…
and you’ll see I just posted “The Others” series reading order for Anne Bishop, and Bev and Michelle are the highlights. 😉
That’s hilarious!! Now my obsession is out there for all. =-O
Ha! Bev, too funny.
Bev, I am also easily distracted from one book to another. But fortunately my (pretend) OCD kicks in once I start a book so that I have to finish it. I can probably count on one hand books I’ve started in my lifetime and didn’t finish. So, looking forward to that scene you mention. 😉
Yeyy – our dual obsession is all out there, come on give me some credit too! Those who are reading it will have to post their thoughts after.
Also Bev since we have similar remarkable tastes in books hehe I recommended to Lexi earlier Touched by AJ Aalto which I really loved as well. I just finished Alaskan Fire by Sara King and thought that was another good and unique paranormal read.
Tessa – it’s not really heavy on the romance yet but the relationship between the two main characters is so interesting that I did not miss it. However, they are slowly heading towards romance in the second book so I have high hopes in the upcoming third book.
*peeking from between fingers at Maryse* Yeah, it didn’t help that I had those Green Pythons in my system when I wrote that. Um…that was pretty bad… *snicker*
…and now I’m wanting to jump from Karina Halle to Jojo Moyes.
Wait, someone’s ringing the doorbell…
*squealing and hiding* Which one of you sent my Book Dom?!?!
Okay Jean, On Every Street it is if you care to join me. 😉
@ Michelle oh your getting credit to. I just love it, you even have it on your 10 books list. I get nervous when I rec a book so hard. I want you there to when any feedback starts rolling in. All this talk and I’m almost talking myself into a ‘re read.
@ Amy & Jean you have to check out KH’s photos on her characters.
One of the reasons I plan on reading the EIT series is for the slow burn on the relationship. At least that is how I’m thinking it will be. Even though those books will probably have me sleeping with a light on,lol.
Bev – I know I seriously want read again too after talking about it. I have the audio book too which was really good so technically if I read it again that will be my third time through this year. How can you be on Maryse’s blog and not have read the EIT series?! LOVE Dex and Perry, so sad to see the series end
Michelle it would be my third time altogether too. I’m starting to feel like we’re adventure buddies.
This may sound odd, but some books seem seasonal to me. I’m planning an EIT marathon in October.
I confess, I’ve only read book one of the EIT series. My book Dom doesn’t like that book two is still unread.
Bev, I see the romance, but the world is so strong, it lingers in my head more than what’s going on between the two. I love the slow reveal of something new.
I think I’m jaded at this point, and Written in Red was a happy surprise of a twist on something I’ve seen a thousand times.
@Fabi Experiment in Terror series by Karina Halle. Have you read it?
So I downloaded the samples, and I never got past the sample for Losing Me Finding You (N Ward) because I WAS HOOKED immediately. OMG. It was so fantastic. My eyes are throbbing because I never looked away from my Kindle. Read it straight through. No showering. No grocery shopping. I loved it. Kind of like when Claire falls through time and you just go with it, you just go with the storyline that every 4 years on her birthday she disappears and starts over and has to rediscover him. HIM…. Ben… ah gahd…. I need a hug. 5 stars. Happy Dance!!! (Ok. Now I will read the sample for Written in Red).
Amy I am in with On Every Street…starting tonight! You helped make my decision. Hubby is away so I won’t be getting the”looks”from him… Sometimes he’s like my own personal Book Dom! Lol!
Bev, I have had the whole EIT Series downloaded for a while…. October seems like a great month to start it!
I spent all morning just researching what book to read…. Ugh!
Oh Michelle, you have me squirreling now……
Ok Bev we can be adventure buddies as long as you promise to pull me out of the snow banks 😉
MichelleS – I was just digging through my kindle to find a book for tomorrow and I think you convinced me it will be Losing Me Finding You
Jean – I was trying to find something too… I read the samples for Knights Rebels MC #1 (that was good – but I just wasn’t in the mood I guess) and I read the sample for Sleepless Nights (got lost with all the backstory – the author tried to tell the whole history too soon and I lost track of who was who)… then next came Losing Me Finding You (and I SWEAR the next one was going to be Written In Red)… but I stopped there because after getting through the sample I had to know what was happening. The mystery. The feeling of being lost. The scariness. Heartache. All of it was there. So whatcha’ gonna choose Jean?
Jean what is the squirreling tally then?
Bev, horror is one of the genres I stay away from. With a title like that I wouldn’t have even considered it.
Michelle that one has been at the top of my TBR and I keep getting sidetracked. With a comment like that, no more sidetracking. It’s my next!
I’m almost done with Deviant. A short read. < 200 pgs. It's good. A dark read I can handle. Maybe missing one star for me due to poor editing.
MichelleS, okay your last comment has me convinced…. going to start Losing Me Finding You…….I want a 5 star happy dance!!
Sorry for squirreling Amy, but why don’t you join me, Fabi and Michelle? Come on….pretty please??
Jean!! Get your a$$ back here!! How long did it take us to decide on Karina Halle??!!??
Y’all suck monkey balls…
Blahahahaha!!!!! Glad my husband’s not here to see me laughing like crazy! So sorry, but I’m just looking for something to knock my socks off and while I’m sure KH would have done that, I just have no control! Blame MichelleS… It’s her fault!!
Monkey balls….. still laughing!
Oh Crap! I didn’t know you had decided on Karina Halle. I’m not ready for the end of Perry and Dex. (And to be totally honest with you, I didn’t finish Ashes to Ashes because I squirreled too much way back when then lost my mood and I would have to finish that first… too much work….).
I picked LMFY because it was a ONE BOOK read. No commitments for a trilogy or series. And not dark!
Now that I’ve showered and my heart rate is back to normal I can be more rational. Okay – 5 stars for first 3/4 of book and 4.5 stars for last 1/4. But that’s my fault – because my mind starts coming up with all kinds of scenarios that COULD happen and they are usually pretty angst filled. And I would have been okay with even MORE angst, I was that into it.
I think I’m going back to Reed Brothers. Just some sweet tattoo parlor lovin’ tonight… that’s all I need. (or Written in Red?)… argh….. a cocktail for sure… Amy? suggestions for tattoo parlor love drinks?
LOL! Yeah, well, let’s see if those monkey balls knock your socks off!! 😛
I’m having a *rare* moment of discipline so I’m sticking with S&N. You ladies have fun with LMFY. 😉
Oh lord, this is such a high school drink (when schnapps was the strongest we could handle) but DANG this sounds good!
Oh no WAY!!! This one is *perfect* Michelle!!!!
Damn….I think I will use the eenie,, meenie, miney moe decision…..S&N or LMFY…….if I would just stop reading all your comments and get started with something! ! Lol!
My Book Dom can decide for you using his method, Jean…eenie, meenie, miney, NO!! *paddle smack*
I know what you mean, though. Reading everyone’s comments is a great distraction while I struggle through my indecisive spells. 😉
Lol! That was great Amy and ya know what, because you make me laugh everyday with your awesome comments, I am gong to be disciplined too (and I’m scared of that paddle)! Haha! Let’s begin….um…. On Every Street….here I come. Oh and I have to go look at KH’s depiction of the characters as recommended by bev!!!
One of my faves of the year (so funny) is on sale for .99 Against the Cage by Sidney Halston. Just finished Kylie Scott Play. Soooo good!
@ Amy & Jean you guys are nuts. Camden with his tats and glasses.
@ Michelle S how fast do you read?
Hey guys, does it matter which one is read first…. On Every Street or Sins and Needles? I noticed OES came out after S&N…. but wasn’t sure if it mattered..….
Yes, definitely Jean. Will read it tonight since I can sleep in tomorrow. Michelle says its unputdownable.
Oops just read more posts and you’re going with a diff one. Not me, LMFY has been #1 on my TBR for the past 3 books or so. Y’all keep sidetracking me. Lol. But not anymore, after Michelle’s reaction. I already know I love the ones she loves – although that doesn’t go both ways *snicker* (…my YA fascination) and I am so ready for a 5 star.
Oh and YES I noticed Michelle speed reading. Maryam is way up there too. Only my son reads books that fast. Never figured out how but he was usually 3 to my 1 without missing a bit of each story. Poor kid inherited my book addiction. Good thing he enjoyed sports as much, otherwise I would have felt really guilty. Like when your kid starts smoking cause you smoke. Ha, we’ll maybe not that bad, but I could have easily turned him into a geek with my book addiction.
Maryam=Maryse. I am taking time this afternoon to figure out how to turn off autocorrect on both my phone and iPad. I will not be defeated!
Oh I just found that the author recommends reading On Every Street after Sins and Needles.
Sorry Fabi…I was really squirreling today…I think TTM made me a little dizzy…still recovering from that one!
LOL! It USED to take me 1 day to read a book (like 6 to 8 hours for a 350 page book – which I think is “average-fast”.
Now, unless the book is absolutely captivating, it takes me approx 2 – 3 days (mostly 2 days). I blame social media. LOL! 😛
Ditto Jean… Not only am I still recovering from it, I’m still working on that review…
YAY!!! *plowing into Jean with a big hug*
Thanks for checking on which one to read first. I’m starting S&N after supper tonight. So excited!! 😀
Hey Bev, didn’t you know this is a nuthouse here? Maryse said so herself before. 😉
Maryse, I definitely do not envy you writing that review! Good luck! I’m sure it will be great as usual…… You have a way of elaborating how we all fee!l!
I did? Probably I did. LOL!!! Nuthouse. That sounds about right. 😛
So power reading…. yeah… that was unusual, even for me. It was a 390 page book, and after I downloaded the sample, I just read and read and read and couldn’t stop. There was no good place to stop. I feel sorry for those of you starting tonight… dying to know where you stop! I was still thinking about it while at the grocery store. Maybe I drank too much coffee this morning while reading samples? My typical is a couple of evenings. Sometimes it’s just timing: it was what I needed after TTM.
I don’t know why, maybe it was timing then too, but The Artist Trilogy (KH) was a DNF for me. Maybe I need to revisit that? I read Donners of the Dead and Dirty Angels, and they were okay…. not re-reads, but pretty good. I am hit and miss with Ms Halle.
TTM – 47% in – Blaine is pure evil.
I almost forgot – AMY – that second drink recommendation sounds way yummy! Remember that TV show, “Dinner and a Movie”? They cooked during commercial breaks? This blog is like that… “drinks and a good book”… how fun! Ya’ll are the best!
You guys did you see Maryse posted her TTM review. Its great.
Lol, you did. 😉 You said something about you or us or both being nuts and then made a comment about this being a nuthouse. Or maybe someone else said the nuthouse thing. Heck, maybe *I* said the nuthouse part. Good lord, I shoot off my mouth/fingers so much that I can’t keep track of most things I say.
OMG Tracy, you chose TTM??? And you aren’t even to the worst yet! Stick with it though…it’ll be worth it. 😀
“drinks and a good book” <—– That's awesome, Michelle!!!
Well crap…started LMFY when I know I have to get up early tomorrow and now I can’t stop! I saw above about the “not stopping once you start reading” but did I listen nooooo
At this rate I will be able to update on what I think of the whole freakin book by tomorrow morning. The negative, I will be a book loving zombie…
Tracy, absolutely correct. Blaine is the embodiment of pure, unadulterated evil.
Michelle, I’m trying to listen, for once in my life. I refused to start LMFY until my day is done. Otherwise, I know I will not get anything else accomplished today. Is it good for you too so far? I would assume so if you can’t put it down either. I can’t wait. I’m so excited about this next read. And so sorry I skipped over it the last 3 or so books. The initial blurb got my heart speeding so I should have listened to my book dom. The one I don’t regret is TTM though. I couldn’t have gotten through that one without the support group.
I can’t handle the pressure!! What if you guys hate it? I don’t know how Maryse does it. How do you feel when people say “meh” to a book you loved, Maryse? Need more of Amy’s Tattoo drink…..
Fabi – I couldn’t put it down – literally – I started this morning, read straight through, wrote my freak-out moment… no breaks.
Now I’m squirreling again: Spiral of Bliss 3, Reed Brothers 2, Written in Red (the sample was awesome!), Maybe Someday (picked it up while it was on sale), OR Finish Dark Skye or Carnage 2 (I left both hanging)…. I’m a mess!
@ MichelleS that’s how I feel to. Hmm what would I choose……
Really Someday Maybe is a great read. It definitely brings the feels. I just wish she would write a 1.5 type sequel.
Have not finished the Bliss series, but the professor is just dreamy.
So glad you liked the sample. If you read more and hate it be gentle with our feelings, lol.
Maybe Someday…near the end…those *words*..oh, my heart!! *sob*
Maybe Someday is my personal 100 star read.
Hmmm I should make my own personal list of 99 star reads
I think Maryse has (is there a verb for contagious? There is in other languages but I can’t think of one in English) contagioued? Me with her list.
Hope y’all know what I mean. Definitely my last post of the night.
INFECTED I found the word!
Maryse had “infected” me with her list making. But in a good way. 🙂
Deviant was one of those partial books. I don’t think authors should be able to sell these as books. They should be called something else. Seriels or something.
OMG Fabi! You are killing me tonight, LOL! Guess that wine isn’t going to be a DNF, huh? *snicker*
Lol no. I think that bottle kept refilling itself. 🙂
I had to use a translator to find a word in English. And my primary language is English!
Holy smokes, my head hurts today. But at least I remember most of my vocabulary again.
I started LMFY last night but I fell asleep while reading. NO reflection on the book. 🙂
So got about 50% through LMFY and I like it but I’m having plot issues with it a little so its hanging me up. I reserve final thoughts though until finished.
Also for anyone interested, Forever, Interrupted is on sale today for $1.99 yey – now I just need After I Do to drop in price too.
I just picked it up (Forever, Interrupted for 1.99) – thanks guys! Lots of bargains this weekend. Don’t know why I skipped over that one. Michelle, I loved “After I Do”, BTW!
Forever Interrupted looks good but has me nervous.
Nope, no nuh uh, y’all are not sidetracking me this time. *note to self* I will read LMFY and then WiT. Eyes shut tight. No derailing this train this time.
Fabi – what’s WiT? I downloaded Forever, Interrupted because After I Do was so good…. but I have to be in the mood for a good cry before I read it, and I’m not in that kind of mood right now. After TTM I needed an escape. You know what else would have been a good escape from TTM? Gone Girl! That kind of thing. Haven’t decided my Sunday read yet. I should stick to my TBR list or at least finish the books I’m 60-70% into.
WiT = Written in Red
I don’t know how you can read parts of books and move on to others. I either finish them (99.9% of the time) or I decide it’s one of those very few I can’t finish. I don’t even download samples. It’s useless for me because if I start reading something, I’m going to finish it.
My go-to to escape some of these major angsty ones is sci fi/fantasy/PNR. A couple of favs include Mortal Instruments and Divergent (dystopian). Power punches but not in the same way as these gut wrenching reads I’ve found here.
Recent favs from here are Maybe Someday which is great but won’t leave you on the floor bleeding, Offside makes you bleed but you won’t need stitches, Unmaking Hunter Kennedy excellent read that leaves you with no health related problems.
Sorry, but as you can imagine, I could recommend forever. Don’t forget to look through my Kindle lends too. I need to figure out how to display my Nook lends because my better ones are on there. Wish there was an easy way to combine the libraries.
WiR my auto correct refuses to allow me an R at the end of that. It changes to a T no matter what I do.
Written in Red, can’t wait to see what you think Fabi.
@ Michelle S Have you read the The Time Travelers Wife? Your description of LMFY reminded me of it. That book♡♡
@ Fabi I do not have an iphone, but on mine on the keyboard there is a picture of a gear. I touch that and it then will let me turn off my predictive text. I tried it but turned it back on because I do not trust my spelling.
bev, TTW *for me* was sad. It’s not what I would call an uplifting read for after TTM. Not that it wasn’t a great book. But you know I’m a total lightweight with this new (to me ) genre. I’m coming in from Historical Romance, Sci Fi, PNR…those kind of things that either always have a HEA or don’t have a love story at all. It’s going to take me more than a few months to build up my resistance to the ones so popular here. But, hey, I’m about 6 months and over 200 books in now so I’m well on my way. Reading TTM must be some kind of milestone for me. 🙂
Bev, my phone is an Android and I also use an iPad. On my phone the gear icon lets me turn off predictive typing but I like that feature, I only want to turn off the automatic spelling correction which changes my words. I’d rather misspell than have my word completely changed. I like the Android options much better than the iPad ones but there’s still room for improvement.
Finished TTM. Whew!! 53% was horrible, but I thought 76% was more difficult to read. Abrupt ending, that could use a sequel. Just not sure I have it in me to read it. I think I may stick with my version of their future that I have conjured up in my imagination. 🙂
Traveling today, once I get home I’ll have to look over the books you’ve been discussing about reading next, so I can pick my next read. That is unless my book Dom pulls out the paddle!!
Amy what happened to you reading a baseball themed book? Did you start Sins and Needles…have to look into that one when I get home.
Michelle and Bev, Forever Interrupted is sad but so beautiful. The way she timed the jumps from past to present was perfect. Ohhhh, my heart just clenched…
Cheryl, I was going to start a baseball-themed book but then in my buzzed state remembered Jack from The Perfect Game and got all p!ssy-pants, so that ruined it for me. NO, I didn’t *p!ss* my pants so don’t go there…that only happens when I am swimming or snorkeling in the ocean and think I see a shark. 😉
I started Sins and Needles and am loving it so far! Jean was supposed to start it as well, but she’s been kind of quiet so… *side-eyes Jean*
Amy if you go to Maryse’s review she has links to the pictures on .KH fb page.
I started a baseball one ages ago and then lost it somewhere on my ereader. Can’t remember the name but figure I’ll come across it sooner or later.
Sleepy Sunday for me. Think I need an iced coffee and wake up enough to do anything including read.
I just accidentally on purpose clicked the Crazy Good link to Amazon. Read the description and became instantly hooked. Maryse, Maryse, Maryse, what am I going to do with all your suggestions? You get my head spinning. I swore, more than once, I would go to WiR after LMFY. Yet, here I am, drooling over Crazy Good now. I don’t usually read military except special ops. And, yup, this is one of them. I might have to put your blog on measured, timed viewing privileges for myself. Between the time I spend reading posts, writing, and crazily going from one book to another, I’m surprised I even find time to read books anymore. *luffs ya* thanks for all the great recommendations.
Hello! I’m back in the game… Amy, I was up until 2:30 am reading Sins and Needles!! It was a little slow for me at first but then BAM… the anxiety kicked in! I am loving it and at 80%, getting back to it now. And I have a feeling I will want to jump right into On Every Street immediately!!!!!!! Camden…yummy:)
Thanks, Bev! I have to finish cleaning before I can relax and get back to reading…just in one of those kinds of moods. 😉
FABI!!!! :'( I understand I one clicked after Maryse’s review.
*Side eyes Maryse*
* tricksy little hobbitses*
Jean! I’ve got some catching up to do…I’m only at about 40% right now. It’s great, right?? 😀 Then again, it *is* Karina Halle…
Fabi, I 1-clicked Crazy Good too! I wanted it since It was released and it is calling my name! I love military men and this one’s a Navy Seal!!!! But I want to read LMFY too…… Just too many books to choose from….Oh and I took advantage of the Maybe Someday sale….ugh! Glad to know all of us have the same book problems with figuring out what to read next…..but it’s a good problem to have, right?
Amy, believe it or not this is my first KH book!!! (Don’t judge me! Haha!) It is really good, unlike anything I’ve read I think! I feel completely connected to both Camden and Ellie…. obviously the result of an awesome author!!
WHAT?!? You haven’t read Love, In English?!?! Jean! Oh, now I’m just disappointed… 😛
I know, I know Amy, but I do have it downloaded!! Doesn’t that count for something and I have the whole EIT series too (except for last one)…..
Just finished LMFY and I really liked it. Thanks for the rec since it was a really light read for me and just what I needed. I will say I was disappointed with where the story ended up since the potential to really explain more of the phenomenon behind the plotline left me wanting more. 4 stars overall
Now I need to pick between Forever Interrupted, Kismet, Don’t Let Go, Maybe Someday, My Skylar or Crazy Good hmmm all look good to me…
Bev, Jean, Michelle, I ended up reading LMFY and Crazy Good “at the same time”. Omg I’ve never done that before.
And Now AMY had to go mention that Sins and Needles is by the same author as Love, in English. So, umm, thanks Amy. *pulling hair and running in small tight circles*
At least I can breath a sigh of relief that I’ve already read Maybe Someday.
Lol, Poor Fabi you have been infected.
How did you like them? I have Crazy Good. I’m trying to work my way through my library stack right now, so my downloads are on the back burner.
Finally home. Listened to Neanderthal Seeks Human while driving. So funny and the narrator’s voice made it even more enjoyable. Just what I needed after TTM. Now to decide on a book to read…looking between Sins and Needles and my TBR list…*side-eyeing book Dom 😉
Bev, “infected”. Lol yup the word I couldn’t find the other night.
I like them both so far. *big grin* still reading. With LMFY I found the characters young ages to be a little awkward at the very beginning but it goes by fast. With CG I didn’t like that the book starts with the end first. For some reason I don’t like books like that. But then it goes off with a Big Bang so I think it’s going to be really good.
Cheryl, do you use Audible? I have a pretty big library with them since I used to drive a long ways to and from work. In fact, I think I went through all the great PNRs like that. I even have my favorite narrators. Lol
Fabi, I do have audible. It is funny how much the narrators voice can make or break the story! I like the option of listening to a book because I can run, or clean the house or drive somewhere versus just sitting while reading a book. 🙂 Hmmm, Sins and Needles is on audible…