<—- Yesssss I know. I already went nuts over it last Sunday, but I can’t help it you guys!!!! This is obviously going to be one of the emotional-reading highlights of my year, ’cause it seems to have ruined me for all books this week. So… I’ve gotta highlight it again, in case some of you forgot to read it.
And as much as I loved it, as much as it turned me upside down and affected me, I’m a little mad at it, right now. I’m thinking of blaming it for my rough reading week. I’ve started and stopped a few too many over the last few days, and the two that I did finish (one I’ll be reviewing tonight) didn’t affect me the way I wanted (the way I was certain they would).
Is it the books? Or is it just me ’cause of Arsen. Or should I say Ben? Yes. It’s all about Ben for me. But I feel better now after seeing similar “Arsen” reactions from our fellow readers:
Here’s Jennifer talking about struggling with a completely different book, and she suspects it’s Arsen’s fault, too…
Jennifer: OK…maybe I ruined it because I am reading it after Arsen…can’t seem to get that book out of my head yet.
Janet: That’s a tough act to follow
Kimmie: Finished Arsen this morning……… messed my head up………… but great read. Most read, should read!!! 5 stars.
Maryse’s Book Blog: LOVE!!! One of my absolute favs this year. I’m having a hard time moving passed it right now…
Jennifer: I’m with Maryse… I started 3 diff books last night after I finished Arsen…. just can’t get past that book. There was a lot of “unexpected” in that book! LOVED it!
MN: Sooooo, what’s everyone reading after Arsen??? Or does everyone have that same lost feeling I had after finishing FSOG? lol
Jennifer: I tried a few with no luck……going to try Mirage next
MN: Thanks! I’ll try that too. I wish I could find something with as much angst as Arsen. I was literally
Nancy: I’m trying Savage Rhythm by Chloe Cox (last day for 99 cents), but I’m having trouble moving on from Arsen, too.
Okay. *phew* It’s not just me. I think this weekend my reading-mojo’ll be in full swing! Maybe there’ll be one in this list that’ll do it? There are a TON to choose from. And a few below that I specifically TBR’d (two look kinda creepy & weird – YAY!). A few sexy-looking rock star reads (I read one… was good!), and a new bad-ass biker/MC read (reeeeally great reviews for this one from our crew)! Let me know if you read any must-reads in here (or elsewhere).
But do you know what I’m really in the mood for? I kinda want a book where the guy is truly & honestly hard to get, at least for awhile, so I can “pine” for him every time I see him ignore me. I mean, her.
NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Todays latest reader recommendations and bargain ebook finds:
- Hopeless by Colleen Hoover!!! Loved it, so did everyone else and here is my review. (thanks Kandace!)
- Falling For My Husband (British Billionaires) by Pamela Ann <— Erin says: “Its Live!!!” and our fellow reader Sally is very excited. “Woooohoooo thanks Erin I need to get my hands on this one!” which in turn, makes me excited!
- Arsen. A broken love story by Mia Asher <— this one is the ’cause of my week-long book hangover. Read it last Sunday and am still thinking about it. Have been struggling to “love” anything else all week. *sigh* But that’s what I look for in a book, and I will love it forever. It did my favorite thing. Turned me inside out. (my 5-star book review)
- Broken and Screwed 2 (The BS Series) by Tijan <— just released and I know so many in our crew are HUGE Tijan fans! Kat says “Finally its LIVE!”
- Broken and Screwed (The BS Series) by Tijan <—
- Forget Me Not (Flowering, #1) by Sarah Daltry <– it’s a love triangle. Her brother’s best friend that she’s crushed on forever and… “Enter Jack. Everything about him is wrong for Lily and she knows it…” (author states no cliffhanger).
- Her Brother’s Best Friend by Sarah Daltry <— looks like this is the super-short prequel that leads into the book above.
- Beloved Killer by Bonnie Dee <— Fellow Bonnie Dee fans!!! She just released a new one, and he’s a bad guy!! “When love strikes a killer, can a man of violence truly find redemption? … The right-hand man of a notorious mobster, J has no identity outside of his work—until the night he meets Nikki Larson. Sent to intimidate the strong-willed bar owner, he falls for her fast and hard.”
- Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park (check out my review – this is one of my favs!)
- Shattered by C.C. Brown <— Stephanie found us this deal and Kathy said “I really enjoyed this book and loved the hero!! A great buy!”
- Enlightened (Red Flags) by C.C. Brown <— Kat found it: This is the conclusion to Red Flags…”
- Red Flags by C.C. Brown <– and here’s book #1
- Tears of Tess by Pepper Winters <— Kathy says: “This one looks a fab dark read” and Kat noticed it, too: “This book sounds right up our Dark Read alley. It just came out.” YES!!! Just released and it’s so for me! I don’t think “stockholm syndrome” factors into this one (going by the synopsis) but still a dark read and a determined boyfriend.
- Savage Rhythm (Club Volare) by Chloe Cox <— I finished this one this morning. A good “in-between” read, with a sexy alpha hero.
- Maybe Baby Lite (Baby Lite Series) by Andrea Smith <— Kandace found us this one: “Ladies…I saw Andrea Smith’s Baby series was recently revamped and all the books are on sale. I read the old version a freakin’ loved them.”
Lori: what’s with the “lite” ? I already had Maybe Baby – has it changed?
Kandace: Yes, she said it changed. I think some people felt it was too long. She cut some stuff out in the edit. She said book 2 and 3 have bonus chapters. I’m not going to re.read them but I trust she did ok with the changes. I’m not going to lie, one of the things I liked about the series was the length. I felt I got a lot of bang for my buck.
Lori: Well, it still says 549 pages for first book – is that lite? lol Know you love your long books Kandace! I wonder if I should rebuy book one?
Kandace: I don’t think you need to. But you do need to read the rest of the series.
Andrea: loved the original series even though the books were long, heck I wouldn’t have minded them being a couple hundred pages longer. They are that good!
- Baby Love Lite (Baby Lite) by Andrea Smith
- Be My Baby Lite by Andrea Smith
- Anywhere With You by Kaylee Ryan <— hrmmm … maybe a guy WE get to chase?
- Truth and Humility (Captive Series) by J. A. Dennam <—Aimee found us this one! Captive series, huh? “His plan to “own” Derek’s beloved baby sister should break the man, but he soon discovers a much bigger obstacle…his burgeoning desire…“
- You Can’t Go Home Again by Aubrianna Hunter <– Aimee found us this one! “As soon as she walked in the door, Jace felt rage unlike anything he’d ever felt before. Unfortunately, that rage was merged with something else… desire. He hated her… almost as much as he wanted her.“
- Cautious (Sequel to Disastrous) by E.L. Montes <— Aimee found us this deal. THIS is the second installment to the Disastrous series.
- Disastrous (Disastrous Series) by E.L. Montes <— this is book #1
- Progress (The Progress Series) by Amy Queau <— Aimee found us this deal. “Jesse has a curious attraction to Charlene, a hostess at the restaurant where he works. Outwardly he’s rude, awkward and unapproachable. But his sudden bursts of charm are inescapable. A devastating childhood filled with physical and emotional abuse have left him complex and frigid.” <— oh. This is already intriguing…
- Ending a Broken Journey (Journey Series) by Melissa L. Delgado <— Aimee found us this deal. “A childhood crush who moved away. An adult love that shattered her world. Twenty-seven year old Mackenzie Tillson hasn’t been living for quite some time, rather, just existing. Life is passing her by and even with the love of her friends and family she can’t quite seem to snap out of the disconnected bubble she has created around her.“
- Taming the Playboy (Dickerman/Moretti Novels) by MJ Carnal <— Aimee strikes again with this one <— hrmmm… story seems “conventional contemporary romance” (with a slight bad-boy twist) but after lightly scanning the reviews, I feel excited about this.
- Temporary Bliss by BJ Harvey <— Christina recommends this one “Maryse- You have got to check out Temporary Bliss by BJ Harvey!! LOVED IT!!!”
- Nobody’s Hero (Military Romance / BDSM Romance) (Rescue Me) by Kallypso Masters <— One of the queens of BDSM romance!! In the mood for a new Master? (thanks Stephanie!)
- Come Undone by Madelynne Ellis <— Lori said: “This looks good! I must be in a rock star phase…” — “When red-hot, Goth-metal band, Black Halo, split live on stage, fate throws Daniella Fosbrook into the path of sexy vocalist Xane Geist. Initially, Xane’s only looking for a ride home…“
- High Risk (Adrenaline Search & Rescue) by Vivian Arend <— Kathy found us this one: “… I haven’t read this series but it looks good.”
- Craving Constellations (The Aces) by Nicole Jacquelyn <— BIKER BOOK ALERT!! Janet found us this one! … five years later, she’s running from her clean-cut husband straight back to the motorcycle club that raised her… and the man she left behind.“
Janet: “I’m reading this one right now. Looks like it could another really good MC series”
Terri: “Just finished. Good book. Similar to K Ashley and M Sheehan. Go buy it!!!”
Michelle: “Just a quick FYI: for all of the girls that like the gritty raw biker books I am reading “Craving Constellations” by Nicole Jacquelyn. I am at 50% and really loving it so far… Ok. Back to it! XO”
Michelle: “Balling my eyes out again!!! Eeek.”
side note: YESSSSS!!! I love that. I’m in!
- Bad Rep by A. Meredith Walters <— Nancy found us this deal! “Leading up to the release of Perfect Regrets (Can’t Wait!) Bad Rep will be on sale… (By A. Meredith Walters).” and I really enjoyed this one! (here’s my review)
- The Nature of Cruelty by L.H. Cosway <— Aimee found us this deal and Kandace said “I liked this one. Reminded me of Bully only the characters are older.”
- Because You Are Mine by Beth Kery <— (thanks Aimee!)
- War of Gods Box Set by Lizzy Ford <— Leanne found us this one “4 awesome books by Lizzy Ford … I have read them a book a day. Love story/action/hunky men”
- The Long Way Home by Tara Brown <— Janet found us this $1 deal! “Another good one from Tara Brown–it’s a stand alone”
- A Graceful Mess by Nacole Stayton <— Toski recommends this one: “New release this week- this is a HOT ONE”
- Escaping Me by Elizabeth Lee <— Stephanie found us this bargain: “Escaping Me by Elizabeth Lee (No Cliffhanger)!” — “…sometimes we all need a little help escaping who we think we are.“
- Fueled (The Driven Trilogy) by K. Bromberg <— this seems to be the *star* of the week amongst our fellow readers. Georgia says: “Holy, just finished Fueled by k. Bromberg and it was so good but ended with a mother of a cliffhanger. I’m going to say better than the first book even though Rylee was driving me a bit crazy at the end. Now the wait begins.”
- Driven (The Driven Trilogy) by K. Bromberg <— and here is the first one!
- Nocturne by Andrea Randall and Charles Sheehan-Miles <— I loved this one (see my review) and so did our fellow readers! Jules: “Loved Nocturne! Charles and Andrea have done it again. A passionate, intense and angsty forbidden romance. More than a love story. It was also a personal journey for Gregory. Loved their love/hate relationship! …5 stars for me.” and Claudia agrees: “5 stars for me too..”
- Schooled by Deena Bright <— Stephanie found out this series is on sale! “The Schooled Series by Deena Bright: * Humor, sarcasm, sexual innuendo, & emotional angst. … I think this series was recommended on Maryse’s Teacher/Student Romance list. I’m a sucker for forbidden relationships! Lol”
- The Final Lesson Plan (Schooled) by Deena Bright (book #2)
- Misjudged by Sarah Elizabeth <— Stephanie also found us this one!
- Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren <— Aimee found us this bargain and Kathy says: “I read it. I enjoyed it.”
- Bad Things (Tristan & Danika #1) by R.K. Lilley <— Aimee points out this one and Polly says: “ Loved this book!!”
- Keep Me Still by Caisey Quinn <— Kathy found us this one “This is on sale … Has really good reviews !”
- Speak Easy by Melanie Harlow <—Lori found this one “Something different…heard it’s good, great ratings!” and Joanna said: “I love 1920s stories!!! I wish there were more of them.”
- Spiral by Mila Ferrera <— Lori found it! “Spiral by Mila Ferrera price drop 99¢” and Kathy said: “I read this book. Had a different twist I wasn’t expecting. It was good!” — “But what begins as passion takes on a dangerous edge, becoming an emotional roller coaster that’s frighteningly familiar.“
- Take it All (Blinded by Love) by Emma Grayson <— This one was freaking Sherri out! “Has anyone read Take it all by Emma Greyson? I’M 40% into the book and my stomach is in knots.Before reading this one I read Every Rose.I think I’m going to need a mental health day.lol … Cliffhanger.I like Emma alot.Take It All was very good.Chocolate and Kleenex required.“
- Beyond Pain (Beyond, Book Three) by Kit Rocha <— Georgia loved it! “Finished Beyond Pain, the 3rd book in the Beyond Shame series and it was great. My favorite so far. The 4th one looks even better. Can’t wait to read about Ace, Rachel and Cruz.” and Tracie agrees: “Loved it!!!!! Ace, Cruz and Rachel is gonna be epic. Bren and Six were perfect.”
- The Collector (A Dante Walker Novel) by Victoria Scott <— Aimee found us this deal! “Dante Walker is flippin’ awesome, and he knows it. His good looks, killer charm, and stellar confidence has made him one of Hell’s best — a soul collector. His job is simple, weed through humanity…“
- Viper (Sons of Sangue) by Patricia A. Rasey <— Aimee found us this one “… Added this one to my watch list due to someones recommendation on Maryse’s blog – Vampires and Bikers – might be interesting” and Shannon says: “Yes! It’s a great read!”
- More Than This by Jay McLean <— Beverly recommends this one “More Than This in on sale. This is a great 5 star read.” “He was right. It made no difference whether it was 6 months or 6 years. I couldn’t undo what had been done.“
- Knowing His Secret (Year of the Billionaire Part 1) by K.C. Falls <— Billionaire alpha lovers… appears to have great reviews!
- Taking his Risk (Year of the Billionaire Part 2) by K.C. Falls
- Keeping His Promise (Year of the Billionaire Part 3) by K.C. Falls
- Good (Too Good) by S. Walden <— I alerady posted this one earlier this week, but you know the student/teacher thing intrigues me and Rachel, in the comments below saying this makes me very excited! “Arson messed me up, too – in the best possible way! I HIGHLY recommend Good by S. Walden. It took me right out if my Arson hangover – again, in the best possible way!“
- Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage <— recommended by Cody below… he’s an escort! YES PLEASE. Yet another storyline that always tempts me…