Latest Bargain e-Books – May 17th 2013

by Maryse on May 17, 2013 · 19 comments

in eBook Deals

Sweet Thing <— My personal “pick of the week” I consider an absolute must-read . I even 5-star-plus’ed it. Bargain priced, but whether it was or not, I LOVED IT and would have suggested it any day! Most of you, of course already know this, ’cause I raved about it in my review yesterday, but just in case you missed it, here it is: (my review). LOVED it, and I’m happy I read this before UnBeautifully, ’cause I’m ready for the hardcore stuff, now.

Now, for those of you who are buddy-reading Madeline Sheehan’s Unbeautifully (Undeniable: Book Two) with me, I’ve just started it and already loving it (she’s got such a great voice). And umm… is it bad that I got excited when I read this part?:

Ours was the furthest thing from a picture-perfect romance; it was more of a car crash, a metal-bending, blood-splattered disaster that left no survivors, only bad memories and heartache.

But it was ours.

And because it was ours… I wouldn’t change a thing.

eeeeeped with excitement at all of the turmoil I was about to go into. Ahhhhh sometimes, all of that crazy makes the love story that much better. That much more intense, personal and worth it, and I’m so ready to head into that territory today.

Alright!! So let’s read it together, or definitely read Sweet Thing ’cause I’m still in it’s wonderful love-haze, and I’d be delighted to go on about it, all weekend.

Or… maybe, our fellow readers can entice you with one of their own personal suggestions and bargains finds, below.

Jodi Nichols May 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Yeah.. I picked up Lost In Distraction by BJ Harvey… It’s actually $.82 on Amazon right now!

Cynthia May 17, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I just finished Sweet Thing, I picked it up because of your recommendation. Can I just say THANK YOU! Such an incredibly beautiful book. I did not want it to end!

Cynthia May 17, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Oh! And were you the inspiration for ‘Maryse, the blogger extraordinaire’ in Sweet Thing?!

Maryse May 17, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Hehe. Well… I believe that might be the case. Made me giggle ’cause I was so into the story and walked right into it and went… “Wait, what?” And then I remembered some mentioning that part to me.

Definitely the cherry on top of such an already delicious story!

Jean May 17, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Finished Undeniable in less than a day! Could not put it down! Just started Unbeautifully…..nice to be reading along with you for once Maryse!!!

Maryse May 17, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Welcome aboard the Unbeautifully train, Jean! :)

Sarah May 17, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Battered Not Broken was really good and there’s also a version of the novel from the H’s POV, it’s called Rough Around the Edges. I haven’t read it yet but it’s one of the hundreds on my TBR list!

Teresa H. May 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Unbeautifully and Lost and Found were both 5-star reads for me. I have read all of Nicole Williams’ books and have loved them all. I just can’t say enough about Madeline Sheehan’s books. She is a brilliant writer. Now I’m off to read Sweet Thing. Thanks for the recommendation!

Shirley May 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I have loved Roxie Rivera’s Russian Protector series. The third one is out today — but because it is not showing up on Amazon, Roxie posted on her FB page that she is giving away copies! This one is Yuri. Not sure how long it will last.

Marina May 17, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Just finished Unbeautifully which was crazy good and everything else has been put on hold to start Sweet Thing! Maryse, when you give a book a 5 star review everything else falls by the wayside! Can’t wait for that feeling!

LucyLou May 17, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Skimming through “Undeniable” to reacquaint myself with the Hell’s Horseman MC, then I’m getting on the “Unbeautifully” train.

Great list of bargains Maryse. Thanks

Jaime May 18, 2013 at 11:23 AM

I’m reading Sweet Thing and am totally book drunk right now! Sorry kids. No lunch today. Mommy is busy falling in love with another book boyfriend!

Yoyo May 18, 2013 at 1:17 PM

Thanks! Added Sweet Thing to my TBR.

Jean May 18, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Just finished Unbeautifully! What a great book! Great author! Can’t wait for the next books! This series is unlike ANY of the last 50 books I’ve read! Was surprised that parts of this book made me cry! (Sorry for all the !!!s but I am reeling over these books)! Maryse, curious to know if you’ve finished and looking forward to your thoughts on it!!

Sarah May 18, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Found several new ones that I added to my list. I liked lots of recommendations this week. Thanks!

LucyLou May 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Finished “Unbeautifully” last night and loved it, absolutely could not put it down. But, it’s not for everyone; this MC is hardened criminals that do horrible things. That said, to me the story was over the top good, even if the boys were bad.

Nikki May 19, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I just found out Jessica Sorensen re-released Ember as a new adult paranormal book! I loved this book in its YA version so I can’t wait to read it. AND it’s free on Amazon right now!

Lauren May 20, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Finished A Prior Engagement last night, 5 stars, loved it!

Michelle M May 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Just finished Allure, Nina Lane’s 2nd book in her Spiral of Bliss series. It was just as emotional, heart-breakingly real, and beautifully romantic as the first book, Arouse. I can’t wait for the 3rd book that’s supposed to come out this summer. Read these books!!!