Sweet Thing <— My personal “pick of the week” I consider an absolute must-read . I even 5-star-plus’ed it. Bargain priced, but whether it was or not, I LOVED IT and would have suggested it any day! Most of you, of course already know this, ’cause I raved about it in my review yesterday, but just in case you missed it, here it is: (my review). LOVED it, and I’m happy I read this before UnBeautifully, ’cause I’m ready for the hardcore stuff, now.
Now, for those of you who are buddy-reading Madeline Sheehan’s Unbeautifully (Undeniable: Book Two) with me, I’ve just started it and already loving it (she’s got such a great voice). And umm… is it bad that I got excited when I read this part?:
Ours was the furthest thing from a picture-perfect romance; it was more of a car crash, a metal-bending, blood-splattered disaster that left no survivors, only bad memories and heartache.
But it was ours.
And because it was ours… I wouldn’t change a thing.
I eeeeeped with excitement at all of the turmoil I was about to go into. Ahhhhh sometimes, all of that crazy makes the love story that much better. That much more intense, personal and worth it, and I’m so ready to head into that territory today.
Alright!! So let’s read it together, or definitely read Sweet Thing ’cause I’m still in it’s wonderful love-haze, and I’d be delighted to go on about it, all weekend.
Or… maybe, our fellow readers can entice you with one of their own personal suggestions and bargains finds, below.
- Sweet Thing by Renee Carlino <— one of my absolute top reads this year! (my review)
- Unbeautifully by Madeline Sheehan <—- I’m reading this one right now, and I’m already loving it!
- A Needful Heart (Contemporary Romance) by J.M. Madden <– Sherri likes this one!! “Just finished JM MADDENS Needful Heart. I give this book a 5 star. Just fell in love with this story.”
- Allure: A Spiral of Bliss Novel (Book Two) by Nina Lane (just released this week and I’m already hearing good things! Becky says: “I LOVED this book and the series. I have a massive book hangover now and the ending was kind of cliffy.” (looks like the 3rd will be out early August).
- A Prior Engagement by S.L. Scott <— Tanya says: “This was 5 star. Brilliant. I love her writing.”
- The Proposition (The Plus One Chronicles) by Jennifer Lyon <— UFC Fighter book!! Kathy found it!! “It is a short book (125 pages) but is about a UFC fighter and has gotten good reviews. Price dropped today.”
- Battered Not Broken by Ranae Rose <— another MMA fighter!! (thanks Nancy!)
- Just Remember to Breathe (Thompson Sisters) by Charles Sheehan-Miles is on sale today (Thanks Lori!!)
- There is No Light in Darkness (Darkness Series) by Clare Contreras (Lori also found us this one!!)
- Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines is on sale (Thanks Sharon!!)
- Translation of Love by Alice Montalvo-Tribue —> Shannon says: “I really liked this book! Pick it up!”
- The Low Notes by Kate Roth (I think this one is a teacher/student romance) – thanks Nancy & Stephanie!!
- Inhale Exhale by Sarah M. Ross <— Jennifer found us this deal!
- Lost and Found by Nicole Williams <— I haven’t read this yet, but it’s a very recent release and already has a bunch of great reviews.
- Squeeze Play (A Richmond Rogues Novel) by Kate Angell <— a hunky baseball team and it has a bunch of good reviews! And it would appear each one on the series – full length books! (thanks Sarah!)
- Curveball (A Richmond Rogues Novel) by Kate Angell
- Strike Zone (A Richmond Rogues Novel) by Kate Angell
- Sliding Home (A Richmond Rogues Novel) by Kate Angell
- The Berkeley Method (#2 Bestselling Spotlight Series) by JS Taylor (Aimee found us this one) – the synopsis compares it to Fifty Shades & Crossfire series…
- Beautifully Twisted by Jennifer Domenico <— (thanks Aimee)
- Blasphemous by Pamela Ann has just been released (Thanks Erin!!)
- Lost in Distraction by BJ Harvey <— Kat found us this one!!
- The Kandesky Vampire Chronicles Boxed Set by Michele Drier –> the entire set (Thanks Aimee!)
- Shattered Skies: Beginning’s End by Heather Linn —> Nicole recommends: “It’s a really GOOD Vampire read!! :)”
- Trying Not To Love You (Love Series) by Megan Smith <— just released & bargain priced.
- Blackbird by Nicole Salmond —> found by Kat: ” has been on my wish list for awhile”
- The Care and Feeding of Stray Vampires by Molly Harper. I haven’t read this one, but I get a kick out of this funny author and her paranormals! (Thanks Aimee!!!)
- For You by Mimi Strong (thanks Aimee!!)
- Stay with Me (Callahan Series) by AC Marchand <— (thanks Aimee) It looks good!
- Love Love by Beth Michele –> Ashley suggested this one: “I read Love Love by Beth Michele. I read it in one sitting, it was a light, funny, easy read. Slightly predicatble, and really any agnst. I’d say if you’ve been reading darker reads, this is a good in between.”
Yeah.. I picked up Lost In Distraction by BJ Harvey… It’s actually $.82 on Amazon right now!
I just finished Sweet Thing, I picked it up because of your recommendation. Can I just say THANK YOU! Such an incredibly beautiful book. I did not want it to end!
Oh! And were you the inspiration for ‘Maryse, the blogger extraordinaire’ in Sweet Thing?!
Hehe. Well… I believe that might be the case. Made me giggle ’cause I was so into the story and walked right into it and went… “Wait, what?” And then I remembered some mentioning that part to me.
Definitely the cherry on top of such an already delicious story!
Finished Undeniable in less than a day! Could not put it down! Just started Unbeautifully…..nice to be reading along with you for once Maryse!!!
Welcome aboard the Unbeautifully train, Jean! 🙂
Battered Not Broken was really good and there’s also a version of the novel from the H’s POV, it’s called Rough Around the Edges. I haven’t read it yet but it’s one of the hundreds on my TBR list!
Unbeautifully and Lost and Found were both 5-star reads for me. I have read all of Nicole Williams’ books and have loved them all. I just can’t say enough about Madeline Sheehan’s books. She is a brilliant writer. Now I’m off to read Sweet Thing. Thanks for the recommendation!
I have loved Roxie Rivera’s Russian Protector series. The third one is out today — but because it is not showing up on Amazon, Roxie posted on her FB page that she is giving away copies! This one is Yuri. Not sure how long it will last.
Just finished Unbeautifully which was crazy good and everything else has been put on hold to start Sweet Thing! Maryse, when you give a book a 5 star review everything else falls by the wayside! Can’t wait for that feeling!
Skimming through “Undeniable” to reacquaint myself with the Hell’s Horseman MC, then I’m getting on the “Unbeautifully” train.
Great list of bargains Maryse. Thanks
I’m reading Sweet Thing and am totally book drunk right now! Sorry kids. No lunch today. Mommy is busy falling in love with another book boyfriend!
Thanks! Added Sweet Thing to my TBR.
Just finished Unbeautifully! What a great book! Great author! Can’t wait for the next books! This series is unlike ANY of the last 50 books I’ve read! Was surprised that parts of this book made me cry! (Sorry for all the !!!s but I am reeling over these books)! Maryse, curious to know if you’ve finished and looking forward to your thoughts on it!!
Found several new ones that I added to my list. I liked lots of recommendations this week. Thanks!
Finished “Unbeautifully” last night and loved it, absolutely could not put it down. But, it’s not for everyone; this MC is hardened criminals that do horrible things. That said, to me the story was over the top good, even if the boys were bad.
I just found out Jessica Sorensen re-released Ember as a new adult paranormal book! I loved this book in its YA version so I can’t wait to read it. AND it’s free on Amazon right now!
Finished A Prior Engagement last night, 5 stars, loved it!
Just finished Allure, Nina Lane’s 2nd book in her Spiral of Bliss series. It was just as emotional, heart-breakingly real, and beautifully romantic as the first book, Arouse. I can’t wait for the 3rd book that’s supposed to come out this summer. Read these books!!!