Latest Free & Bargain e-Books – Friday January 25th 2013

by Maryse on January 25, 2013 · 52 comments

in eBook Deals

Yahooooo!! Here’s our FUN FREEBIE FRIDAY (& BARGAINS) list, and a few are calling me. Lots of “new to me” suggestions and I’m hoping there is a new gem or two in the bunch, ’cause I’ve been needing a reading jolt. Well actually, I’m happy to say I got it with Aleatha Romig’s Consequences series this past week. It did me well, but now I need to fall in “love”. :) BIG LOVE.

And that’s what I’m looking for next. INTENSE LOVE that I take in and become a part of, 100%. Sure… there sure are lots of “good” bad boy/alpha books out there, and we’ve got many options to choose from, but I’m finding a bunch of ‘em… kind of… similar. Move too fast. Over too quick. Dare I say formulaic? Fine for an in-between read, but I’ve had a few too many starts and stops. I’m looking for something BIG. Unforgettable. I need that edge. That certain… “je ne sais quoi”. I want more of those.

I’m looking for that *oomph* that makes me go crazy and “swoooon” over the memory of the read (or the guy) for days. I wanna float around in a love cloud, re-live moments of it in my head over and over for at least a week. And then a year later, still proclaim it one of my #1 reads, because I can still remember every moment of it. I want a book to burn itself into my brain and for me to truly LOVE it. I’ve been really missing that. You know? Just that… special something that we all connect to – that just makes it a “scream it from the rooftop” read. One that we can all go nuts over, together.

So if you find a TRUE gem in the bunch, please let me know. Or a true gem overall (even one that’s not necessarily a .99 cent read. I love the more expensive book gems, too ;) Doesn’t even have to be on this list). I’m needing that feeling back. What I had with Edge of Never, Slammed, Sea of Tranquility, Hopeless, Beautiful Disaster, Experiment in Terror (and many others that top my favorites list). Many of those were bargain priced, sure, but worth so much more, to me. I’m wanting that again. Oh… I’m having fun with many, but I’m physically craving that “OMG!!! BEST EVER!” feeling.

Okay, so onto our weekly freebie & bargain treats!

NOTE: Free and bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.

Free and bargain e-books that you can read on your Kindle, or even on your computer with the Kindle software. (NOOK USERS: I’ve been told that often, many of these freebies and bargains are also available on the Nook).

FREEBIES

BARGAINS:

• Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy #1) by Karina Halle <— hot tattooed guy and a very bad girl = good times (for us…okay and maybe for them, too ;) ). Oh and I am seriously crushing on Camden. And ummm.. can I admit a teeny tiny crush on Javier? Don’t ask. I’m a nut! From one of my favorite authors and JUST RELEASED!! I finished it at 2am and enjoyed the heck out of it! I have a feeling that as the series progresses, it’ll put me in a tailspin. *fingers crossed!*
  • One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy –> Happy recommends this one! “Just finished this heartbreakingly wonderful book One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy. Not sure if it’s already been recommended, but I think you’ll really like it!”
  • Up In Flames by Nicole Williams <— it’s been on our bargain list before, and has been recommended again! Katie says: “Just finished Up In Flames and I must say I really enjoyed this book! It has brought me out of my book funk!”
  • Beneath the Secrets Part 2 (Tall, Dark, and Deadly) (Tall, Dark & Deadly) by Lisa Renee Jones <—- JUST RELEASED! (author says: “Picks up where part 1 leaves off”)
  • Entwined with You (A CROSSFIRE NOVEL) by Sylvia Day <— CANADIANS!! You get a deal with this one! Pre-order it right now for only $3.99!!! I have no idea if the US Amazon will get the same deal, but if I were Canadian (er… Oh wait! I am!) I mean lived in Canada… I’d jump on this. Mom!! Go get it for yourself! (Thanks Chrissy for finding us this deal!)
  • The Fighter’s Block by Hadley Quinn <— M.B says “I read this one last week. It was pretty good.”
  • Collide by Gail McHugh <— new release and I’m getting great comments about it! Shelly says: “I just finished it, my heart hurts and I’m a mess.  It’s a must read!!!!”
  • The Final Piece by Maggi Myers <— only 0.99 cents! Jules said: “Great read! I really liked this one.” – Agreed Jules! Amazing writing (check out my review)
  • The Haunted (a MacKinnon Curse novel, book 2) by J.A. Templeton (the first one is free up there) and Debbie realllly recommends these saying: “For those who enjoy paranormal books, read the MacKinnon Curse Trilogy by J. A. Templeton. The books helped fill the void between Fever books. Yes, I know it is a trilogy, and I hate cliffhangers as much as the next person, but each book somewhat ends. Also, the series has ended, so there won’t be a waiting period.”
  • The Departed (a MacKinnon Curse novel, book 3) by J.A Templeton
  • Down London Road by Samantha Young <— this is not a bargain but news for fans of “On Dublin Street” that book #2 is available for pre-order
  • TUnforgettable: First in the Samantha Rose Series by Isabella Willow <– recommended by Angelia: “Isabella Willow has a series on Amazon called the Samantha Rose series, Awesome books,if you dont mind a unbelievable and over the top story line, with a ton of angst, there are 3 out right now, I loved them and can’t wait for the rest in the series, oh! I dont know what is up with the cat eyes on the covers but these are not shifter books, just so you know, kinda has that look from the covers.”
  • Unforgettalbe, Too; Second in the Samantha Rose Series by Isabella Willow
  • The Darkest of Shadows by Lisse Smith <– recommended by Joy “a really good read!!!” and Tiffany says: “Im almost Halfway thru and Im Really Into it!!! I got it last nite when it was Free!! Im with you Joy SOOOOO GOOD!!”
  • Metal Urge by E.D. Wilbourne <— Janet recommends this saying: “. I LOVED this book. Starts a little slow-but keep going. By the end my jaw was on the floor. Hot rock stars, tortured singer, shy college student, backstabbing friend, mad love triangle and plot twist that I doubt anyone will see coming. I didn’t. Not a cliffhanger but a sequel some time 2013″
  • Vanilla On Top (A Walk On The Wild Side Novel) by C.J. Ellison –> Clare recommends it saying: “Sometimes it takes me a little while to get into a book but this one by the end of the first chapter I was hooked… I really enjoyed reading it and managed it in a day and I’m a really slow reader”
  • Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle <— Tiffany recommends it: “Just finished Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle and its REALLY GOOD!!”
  • Champagne Toast by Melissa Brown —> Jules liked this one! “It’s not your typical first love story. 4 stars for me. Standalone book.” ahhh I love “not your typical love story” stories. ;)
  • Rule by Jay Crownover <— I’ve been told this one has been newly edited. I haven’t read it yet, but I’m very interested…  let me know what you think of the new version.
  • Rock the Band by Michelle Valentine <—- new release! and the sequel to Rock the Heart
  • Sempre (Forever) by J.M. Darhower <— perfect example of one of “those” reads for me, so I’m putting it back on this list. LOVED this one, still remember every detail and am anxiously awaiting the sequel. And at 0.99 cents right now… all I can say is WOW!!!!
  • Fallen Too Far by Abbie Glines is only $1.99 today. Thanks Chrissy! THIS IS another one that I fell head over heals over! There was just something about the emotion… towards the end that poked my heart out!
  • Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint) by Erica Chilson as recommended by Sami!

—-> Also check out all of the past freebies and bargains posts here: http://www.maryse.net/category/news/bargain-and-freebie-ebooksBUT!!! Keep in mind. Many of these older bargain prices and freebies are temporary so they won’t all still be valid. Always verify with Amazon’s pricing first before finalizing your checkout.

Don’t have a Kindle? That’s okay, you can read these on your computer or phone with Kindle Apps:

Download Kindle for PC
Download Kindle for MAC
Download Kindle for iPhone

Download Kindle for Blackberry
Download Kindle for iPad (that’s how I’m reading these!)
Download Kindle for Android

sami January 25, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Restraint by Erica Chilson is 99 cents! It’s the first book in a series and each book gets better and better.. I HIGHLY recommend it

Christina January 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Maryse I think you should read Rule(tatoo and piercings) for your next read :) I read it before all the edits and I still loved it!! Rule is a version of Travis/Ghost.

Brandi January 25, 2013 at 6:01 PM

I am right there with you Maryse! I am looking for that book that sucks you in and makes sleep less of an option like Kristen Ashley, Colleen Hoover,Abby Glines etc… !

Mackenze January 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I read both Rule and Collide this week. I loved them both. The editing was the only problem with Rule. I can’t wait for the sequel to Collide!

Christina January 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

If you bought Rule before the edit changes Amazon has to push the new version to your device.

Sharon January 25, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Loved Rule!

Cynthia January 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I read both Rule and Collide this week. It sounds like Collide might be just the book you are describing above. LOVED IT but it is another big Cliffhangar. I can’t wait for the next one. Rule was great as well!

Maryse January 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM

I didn’t buy Rule yet because of the editing issues. I’ll certainly take a look now, though!

Kathy January 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I was just thinking the exact same thing. I am looking for a book that stays with me. I would love a book that doesn’t end too soon. I know that’s the trend but it leaves me feeling kind of empty even if the book is really good. I’m sick of cliffhangers. I can’t even keep them all straight. By the time the next book comes out the first one has lost some of its oomph! I want a book that takes more than a night to read and has me me thinking for days about what I just read. It’s been a while since I’ve had that special feeling from an exceptional book. Hope to find one soon. So many talented authors that I know can finish a book without it dragging on for months.

Ava January 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Agree, agree! I desperately need my next travis maddox!

Sharisse January 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

@Kathy, so agree with you. I’m so tired of cliffhangers and months and months before the next book. And so many of them are like that. It’s been a while since the good stuff. Looking forward to the next one.

Angie K January 25, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Maryse…you need to pick up the Masters at Arms series…they’re HOT ex-military Doms!! BIG SWOON factor…stick with ya….fall in love…*that* feeling kinda guys!! (AND the first two books are freebies on Amazon right now!!)

Lindsey Gray January 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Thanks for posting! Found your blog as well as three new titles. So excited to start reading.

LucyLou January 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Find us another “*oomph* that makes me go crazy and “swoooon*” book Maryse!!! We are right there with you!! :)
Thanks for listing all the great freebies. So excited about “Sins & Needles” by Karina Halle. Will definately read that next after I finish “Ever After” by Kim Harrison.

Nicole Lowery January 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I agree about the Masters of Arms. Read first 3 last week. But if you haven’t read the Heller series yet by J.D. Nixon, I highly recommend it. I did see where you had the reading order there but couldn’t find a review.

patricia January 25, 2013 at 7:40 PM

I wanna fall in LOVE too!!!!!!! Everything I have picked up …just fizzles compared to the aftermath Jesse Ward has done to me…..*****sighing **** hmmmmm maybe I should play book roulette with my kindle.

Lauren January 25, 2013 at 8:04 PM

If your looking for a great read check out Chasing beautiful and the sequel Chasing imperfection. Plus the 1st one is .99 cents. It’s a fall in love book!

Angie January 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I recently read wait for me by elisabeth naughton (.99) and love today by delia delaney(free) I got them awhile back when they were on your freebie list. I was pleasantly surprised with how great they were! You should check them out.

Melanie welsh January 25, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I just finished the first 2 books of ‘That Man’ trilogy. Quite steamy, I would put it out with very…… Travis, Gideon, Christian worthy. Need the 3rd book bad! Soooooo good!

Juana January 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Maryse, you definitely have to read Collide, definitely what we like in a book. I’m 60% into it and find out that I have to wait until the summer for the second book, I don’t want it to end.

Jodi January 25, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Collide about did me in the other day. I was sick with the flu and stayed in bed all day to read it.

Heather January 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Oh you definitely need to check out the Heller series! I loved them and can not what until the next one comes out.

joy January 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Maryse….definitely listen to Shelly and check our Collide. It was so good. Started it in the evening and stayed up until 1:50 am and finished.

Kaitlin January 25, 2013 at 9:33 PM

I feel the same way. I have been in a book slump since I read hopeless. Please let me know the second you find another soul wrencher/ gut clencher. Lol

Megan January 25, 2013 at 9:36 PM

If you need the next yummy guy fix, Micah is your guy in untouchable series by Lindsay Delagair!!!

Tracy January 25, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Accidentally on Purpose by LD Davis, was a huge surprise with a twist that knocked me on my ass

Minha (BrazilianGirl) January 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Rule was great, I hope you like it too… :)

kristie January 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Rule or Collide were great reads. 4.5 stars both.

Sharon Chalk January 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM

on the freebie you had above on Midnight Man by Lisa Marie Rice–Joann is correct,this book had me so into it I finished it in one reading though I didn’t get to bed till 6am cause I started it after midnight,when I finished the first thing I did was go to Amazon.com and buy the other 2 in this series and then bought another 3 books series she had,can’t believe I have never heard of her or read her before,not only was the story good but the steamy factor was also there and wow it was just as good as the story.Thumbs up and Im reading the 2nd book tonight and the 3rd one tomorrow,it looks like they could be standalones but being the guys all know each other I have a feeling we will see the other charectors in the first book in the following 2. so excited to get started tonight!!!!!

Lynn January 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM

I picked up Under the Orange Moon by Adrienne Frances on a whim yesterday (for .99) and finished it tonight. Loved it! It’s a quick read with a little bit of everything—tragedy, romance, humor and the lovable Matthews family (Dylan and her three older brothers who are both hysterical and overbearing). And no cliffhangers with this one!

I get what you mean about the gems though—I’m not sure anything will surpass he effect Me Before You had on me. I still can’t talk about that damn book without tearing up. Hmph.

Maryse January 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Yep I just sampled a few and I decided to go with Collide. After my late night withSins & Needles last night, I have a feeling I’m not going to catch up on sleep reading Collide. Ahhhhh well,who needs sleep anyway?

Molly January 26, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Omg. Collide was crazzy good! The wait for the 2nd book will be absolute torture!

LucyLou January 26, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Sounds great. I might have to start on Collide next. I love it when we are all on the same book. Soooo much fun! :)

Megan January 26, 2013 at 6:13 AM

I read Collide this week and fell in love! I am so excited for the sequel. I also am in love with the Down to you series by M. Leighton.

Tanya January 26, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Just finished Rule. It was brilliant. Also read Beneath this Man (this man 2). Also a very good read.

Jamie@Addicted2Heroines January 26, 2013 at 8:51 AM

I really liked Rule, editing aside. And can I tell you – I have a mad crush on Javier in S&N. He’s the one I want to know more about :)

Suze January 26, 2013 at 8:56 AM

I would like to recommend Shey Stahl’s Racing on the Edge Series. All five books are available so you can read them all start to finish. For me this series has been EPIC. I have fallen in love with both Jameson and Sway. I still go back every couple of days to this book or that just to read a funny passage or a moment that stuck in my mind. Shey last week had an interview with Jameson that was supposed to be 30 minutes and it lasted over two hours. I spent two hours talking to an imaginary friend ;) This week on Sunday Sway is being interviewed. I have told my family I have a webinar that I am going to Sunday ….. wink.. wink. I know this series has been mentioned before, but I wanted to mention it again. This is one of those books that Maryse was talking about……can’t stop thinking about, can’t move on, can’t let go. That is me and my problem. I loved it.

Katie January 26, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Ok, I never comment but I have to recommend a book – Wait for Me by Elisabeth Naughton. I don’t even really have words… I randomly stumbled upon it while searching the Kindle store. I am only about 50% through and dieing, just dieing. I always love the books you recommend, so I think this one will have you reeling. (Sorry if you’ve already mentioned this book and I missed it!)

Tina January 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM

I highly recommend Refuge by N.G. Osborne (which was on last week’s list). It is an epic love story, filled with poignant characters whose fates linger in your mind long after the last page of the book. Be warned – it’s the first installment of a trilogy.

Orla Wall January 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Wanted by Kelly Elliot is $3.68 and definitely filled the void beautiful disaster left me with!!!

Maryse January 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM

48% into Collide and I just got that awesome deeeeeep stomach dip. I’m reeeeally liking the tension in this.

Christina January 26, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Maryse, Vain is another good one. I believe it’s $2.99.

Lauren January 26, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Same problem. Haven’t found anything good in wks. It seems that all the sequels & anticipated books come out in the Spring. My husband is freaking out because he uses my massive amount of reading time to go do his “guy stuff”. Need a good one, guys! Help!!!!

Heather January 26, 2013 at 6:26 PM

Rule its a great one!!!

Amy D January 27, 2013 at 8:02 AM

You will love Rule by Jay Crownoever. It’s all about the bad boy, even though there is great perspective given from the the girl too. Steamy scenes and a sweet and rocky ride of love story. The support of the characters families and group of friends lends a lot to the love, hurt, pain and darkness. You will so fall in love with Rule Archer, I did!

Ana January 27, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Great book recommendations! I’m reading Consequences right now and I feel like I will need a nice romantic/steamy read after, I think I will go with Collide, but I wanted to recommend Jessica Sorensen’s books for that “angsty” , deep, romantic read with great characters, writing and a good amount of sexual tension/steam, I loved The Secret of Ella & Micah as well as The Coincidence of Callie & Kayden; they had that “Easy” feel that I greatly enjoyed!

Lisa M January 27, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I just finished Sempre. Loved it! Carmine and all his Italian words!!! Tesoro!!!! So sweet!!! Great suggestion to read after Truth!!

Joanna January 28, 2013 at 9:34 AM

I read Rule over the weekend and have to say that I REALLY like it. Editing issues and all. And I recommended this in the comments last week but I’ve gotta say it again: Bad Rep by A. Meridith Walters is SO GOOD.

Marina January 28, 2013 at 11:03 AM

I am currently reading Collide too but not quite sucked in. Finished the entire Bronze Horseman series and nothing compares to the feeling of those books. Not sure if you’ve read Books 2 and 3 but what an amazing journey that series is as a whole. It’s just epic in so many ways. Just WOW. Those books will stay with me FOREVER. Hard to find anything that compares :(

Kiki January 28, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I also just finished Under the Orange Moon by Adrienne Francis. It was a breath of fresh air. A wonderful story filled with wonderful characters. I’m still daydreaming about the characters and their lives. Very easy read, pulls you right in. I highly recommend this book of your looking for that epic love affair.

Sue January 29, 2013 at 5:04 PM

I just saw that Noah – by Elizabeth Reyes is free today! I had borrowed it from another kindle user and read it, loved it,,, So, when I saw it was free, I had to snatch it up!

Cynthia January 30, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Metamorphosis is a GREAT read. 5 stars from me. She references all of our favorite book boyfriends in the book which keeps you feeling like you are in on the inside joke. I LOVED everything about it including my two new book boyfriends, Ash and Mason. You should check it out.