Yahooooo!! Here’s our FUN FREEBIE FRIDAY (& BARGAINS) list, and a few are calling me. Lots of “new to me” suggestions and I’m hoping there is a new gem or two in the bunch, ’cause I’ve been needing a reading jolt. Well actually, I’m happy to say I got it with Aleatha Romig’s Consequences series this past week. It did me well, but now I need to fall in “love”. 🙂 BIG LOVE.
And that’s what I’m looking for next. INTENSE LOVE that I take in and become a part of, 100%. Sure… there sure are lots of “good” bad boy/alpha books out there, and we’ve got many options to choose from, but I’m finding a bunch of ’em… kind of… similar. Move too fast. Over too quick. Dare I say formulaic? Fine for an in-between read, but I’ve had a few too many starts and stops. I’m looking for something BIG. Unforgettable. I need that edge. That certain… “je ne sais quoi”. I want more of those.
I’m looking for that *oomph* that makes me go crazy and “swoooon” over the memory of the read (or the guy) for days. I wanna float around in a love cloud, re-live moments of it in my head over and over for at least a week. And then a year later, still proclaim it one of my #1 reads, because I can still remember every moment of it. I want a book to burn itself into my brain and for me to truly LOVE it. I’ve been really missing that. You know? Just that… special something that we all connect to – that just makes it a “scream it from the rooftop” read. One that we can all go nuts over, together.
So if you find a TRUE gem in the bunch, please let me know. Or a true gem overall (I love the more expensive book gems, too 😉 Doesn’t even have to be on this list). I’m needing that feeling back. What I had with Edge of Never, Slammed, Sea of Tranquility, Hopeless, Beautiful Disaster, Experiment in Terror (and many others that top my favorites list). Many of those were bargain priced, sure, but worth so much more, to me. I’m wanting that again. Oh… I’m having fun with many, but I’m physically craving that “OMG!!! BEST EVER!” feeling.
Okay, so onto our weekly freebie & bargain treats!
NOTE: Free and bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order.
Free and bargain e-books that you can read on your Kindle, or even on your computer with the Kindle software. (NOOK USERS: I’ve been told that often, many of these freebies and bargains are also available on the Nook).
- The Devil’s Metal (Devils #1) by Karina Halle <— so good! Check out my review.
- Blood Like Poison: For the Love of a Vampire (Book 1, Blood Like Poison Series) by M. Leighton
- Madly (Book 1) (Madly Series) by M. Leighton <— Thanks to Megan for finding us these two M. Leighton freebies!
- The Deepest Cut (a MacKinnon Curse novel, Book 1) by J.A. Templeton <– Debbi says: “The first book is free. This series will ruin other ghost romance novels for you.”
- Love By Design by Liz Matis
- Digging Up Death (A Mari Duggins Mystery) by Gina Conroy
- All Over You (Devoured) by Emily Snow <– short but good! Nice rock star vibe in this one.
- Get Bunny Love by Kathleen Long
- Bouquet Toss by Melissa Brown (and book #2 was recommended below in the bargains!)
- Feels Like the First Time: A True Love Story by Shawn Inmom <— lots of great review for this one, and it looks “different”. I’m getting it!!
- Shifting Shadows (Sparks Collide Trilogy) by Amanda Kelly
- Midnight Man (Midnight) by Lisa Marie Rice <— still free and Joanna said it was good and she ended up reading the whole series ’cause of this one.
- Bedding The Billionaire by Kendra Little
- Eternal Seduction (A Darkness Within #1) by Jennifer Turner <— hrmmm this one’s synopsis is tickling my paranormal romance bone. Er.. ? hehe. I’m getting it! Oh *whoops* Looks like I already got it awhile back. *silly grin* – my poooooor TBR list has all sorts of intriguing reads on it. I need to backtrack on it.
- Valentine Babies (Holiday Babies Series) by Mona Risk.
- Raspberry Crush (Romance) by Jill Winters
- Sins & Needles (The Artists Trilogy #1) by Karina Halle <— hot tattooed guy and a very bad girl = good times (for us…okay and maybe for them, too 😉 ). Oh and I am seriously crushing on Camden. And ummm.. can I admit a teeny tiny crush on Javier? Don’t ask. I’m a nut! From one of my favorite authors and JUST RELEASED!! I finished it at 2am and enjoyed the heck out of it! I have a feeling that as the series progresses, it’ll put me in a tailspin. *fingers crossed!*
- One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy –> Happy recommends this one! “Just finished this heartbreakingly wonderful book One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy. Not sure if it’s already been recommended, but I think you’ll really like it!”
- Up In Flames by Nicole Williams <— it’s been on our bargain list before, and has been recommended again! Katie says: “Just finished Up In Flames and I must say I really enjoyed this book! It has brought me out of my book funk!”
- Beneath the Secrets Part 2 (Tall, Dark, and Deadly) (Tall, Dark & Deadly) by Lisa Renee Jones <—- JUST RELEASED! (author says: “Picks up where part 1 leaves off”)
- Entwined with You (A CROSSFIRE NOVEL) by Sylvia Day <— CANADIANS!! You get a deal with this one! Pre-order it right now!!! I have no idea if the US Amazon will get the same deal, but if I were Canadian (er… Oh wait! I am!) I mean lived in Canada… I’d jump on this. Mom!! Go get it for yourself! (Thanks Chrissy for finding us this deal!)
- The Fighter’s Block by Hadley Quinn <— M.B says “I read this one last week. It was pretty good.”
- Collide by Gail McHugh <— new release and I’m getting great comments about it! Shelly says: “I just finished it, my heart hurts and I’m a mess. It’s a must read!!!!”
- The Final Piece by Maggi Myers <— Jules said: “Great read! I really liked this one.” – Agreed Jules! Amazing writing (check out my review)
- The Haunted (a MacKinnon Curse novel, book 2) by J.A. Templeton (the first one is free up there) and Debbie realllly recommends these saying: “For those who enjoy paranormal books, read the MacKinnon Curse Trilogy by J. A. Templeton. The books helped fill the void between Fever books. Yes, I know it is a trilogy, and I hate cliffhangers as much as the next person, but each book somewhat ends. Also, the series has ended, so there won’t be a waiting period.”
- The Departed (a MacKinnon Curse novel, book 3) by J.A Templeton
- Down London Road by Samantha Young <— this is not a bargain but news for fans of “On Dublin Street” that book #2 is available for pre-order
- TUnforgettable: First in the Samantha Rose Series by Isabella Willow <– recommended by Angelia: “Isabella Willow has a series on Amazon called the Samantha Rose series, Awesome books,if you dont mind a unbelievable and over the top story line, with a ton of angst, there are 3 out right now, I loved them and can’t wait for the rest in the series, oh! I dont know what is up with the cat eyes on the covers but these are not shifter books, just so you know, kinda has that look from the covers.”
- Unforgettalbe, Too; Second in the Samantha Rose Series by Isabella Willow
- The Darkest of Shadows by Lisse Smith <– recommended by Joy “a really good read!!!” and Tiffany says: “Im almost Halfway thru and Im Really Into it!!! I got it last nite when it was Free!! Im with you Joy SOOOOO GOOD!!”
- Metal Urge by E.D. Wilbourne <— Janet recommends this saying: “. I LOVED this book. Starts a little slow-but keep going. By the end my jaw was on the floor. Hot rock stars, tortured singer, shy college student, backstabbing friend, mad love triangle and plot twist that I doubt anyone will see coming. I didn’t. Not a cliffhanger but a sequel some time 2013”
- Vanilla On Top (A Walk On The Wild Side Novel) by C.J. Ellison –> Clare recommends it saying: “Sometimes it takes me a little while to get into a book but this one by the end of the first chapter I was hooked… I really enjoyed reading it and managed it in a day and I’m a really slow reader”
- Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle <— Tiffany recommends it: “Just finished Metamorphosis by Erin Noelle and its REALLY GOOD!!”
- Champagne Toast by Melissa Brown —> Jules liked this one! “It’s not your typical first love story. 4 stars for me. Standalone book.” ahhh I love “not your typical love story” stories. 😉
- Rule by Jay Crownover <— I’ve been told this one has been newly edited. I haven’t read it yet, but I’m very interested… let me know what you think of the new version.
- Rock the Band by Michelle Valentine <—- new release! and the sequel to Rock the Heart
- Sempre (Forever) by J.M. Darhower <— perfect example of one of “those” reads for me, so I’m putting it back on this list. LOVED this one, still remember every detail and am anxiously awaiting the sequel. all I can say is WOW!!!!
- Fallen Too Far by Abbie Glines Thanks Chrissy! THIS IS another one that I fell head over heals over! There was just something about the emotion… towards the end that poked my heart out!
- Restraint (Mistress & Master of Restraint) by Erica Chilson as recommended by Sami!
—-> Also check out all of the past freebies and bargains posts here: https://www.maryse.net/category/news/bargain-and-freebie-ebooks. BUT!!! Keep in mind. Many of these older bargain prices and freebies are temporary so they won’t all still be valid. Always verify with Amazon’s pricing first before finalizing your checkout.
Don’t have a Kindle? That’s okay, you can read these on your computer or phone with Kindle Apps: