YAY MONDAY!!! Today has a bunch of awesome things about it. It’s my mom’s birthday, and she’s visiting with me this week (and I LOVE my mommy, so I’m going to make her a birthday breakfast!!). Also, it’s Canadian Thanksgiving today (Happy Thanksgiving my fellow Canadians!!) so we’re going to have a mini-one here. YAY! Two Thanksgivings for me this year!!
Plus, I just opened the door and it’s FALL outside. Finally, Florida is getting its fall season. Brisk and crisp (my mom’s not as excited about that, though ), and not humid at all. Oh happy day!!! I had to commemorate it here since it’s the first official fall-feelingday for me. Although it’ll be back up in the 80′s later, but at least for now, I can bask in that crisp-fall scent and brisk air. LOVE IT! Time to pull out the pumpkin stuff!
And as always, Monday kicks us off with a few earlybird book releases before the BIG main list tomorrow. And there are some stars on here for sure (Nicole Williams, Helena Hunting, Claire Contreras and Kim Jones just to name a few). P.S. There’s a new one from Abbi Glines (Once She Dreamed) THAT JUST WENT LIVE, too.
Also, in case you missed it yesterday, here’s my latest book review, and this book was hard to put down! I loved it! Book Review – Evelyn, After by Victoria Helen Stone
JUST WENT LIVE EARLY!!
- The Player by Claire Contreras <— LATEST BY CLAIRE CONTRERAS JUST WENT LIVE!! HE’S A SOCCER STAR!!! ”She thinks our worlds are too different. All I want her to think about is screaming my name. She says I’m bad news. I have three weeks to prove her wrong…“
- Pucked Under (The Pucked Series Book 5) by Helena Hunting <— HELENA HUNTING LIVE!!!!! HOCKEY STARS ALERT! “With the off-season coming to a close and the boys gearing up for training camp, one more weekend of fun is the perfect way to welcome the new season. The entire crew piles into vehicles and drives to Alex and Violet’s Chicago cottage for a few days of relaxation―and hopefully a chance for Randy to shake the anxiety that’s been plaguing him…“
- Searching for Disaster by Jennifer Probst <— JENNIFER PROBST LIVE!!!
- Touching Down by Nicole Williams <— FOOTBALL STAR JUST WENT LIVE ALERT!!!! Ooooh!! A second chance romance… because she left him without a trace, and now, she’s back. “The whole world might be in love with him. But all he’s ever loved is her. Grant Turner’s name is synonymous with football. The fans and media can’t get enough of the player known as The Invincible Man, a nickname he earned while growing up in one of the toughest neighborhoods in the country and the nickname he’s kept by being one of the best players in professional football today. No one can take him down. He’s unstoppable...”
- Patchwhore by Kim Jones <— KIM JONES BIKER BOOK JUST WENT LIVE!!! Her biker boyfriend (husband?) cheated on her, and broke her heart. “After months of heartache and loss, anger ensued. Rage replaced sadness. Fury took over heartache. Revenge became irresistible. Now he’ll feel what I felt. One by one, his brothers will take his place in my bed. They have a name for me in the MC world… PATCHWHORE. And this is my story.“
- Malaise by Max Henry <— LIVE!!! SHE’S GRIEVING HER BROTHER, SHE’S ALL ALONE, and then... “One act of kindness from the man her small town isolated amidst rumors and lies, and her hope for a day where pain won’t overwhelm her doesn’t seem so far-fetched. Brett Carver is trouble with a capital T, but he’s also the only person who can get Meg to let go and smile. Some good things are never meant to last. Arrested for a crime he didn’t commit, the man who finally found a way to bring light back to her dark days is ripped away when she needs him most…“
- Overdose: A British Bad Boy Romance by Raven St. Pierre <— HE’S HER PATIENT ALERT & THE AUTHOR WARNS this one’s on the darkish side…!!! This one just went live today and is super-bargain priced! “From the moment he entered her office, she knew he’d be trouble—possibly the good kind. What she wasn’t prepared for was how he’d blindside her; how he would challenge everything she thought she knew about her profession, about herself. There are certain lines a doctor is warned never to cross with their patients, but she didn’t listen. Now, they’re both addicted…”
- Broken: A Dark Romance by Willow Winters <— DARK READ LIVE!!! And it’s super-bargain priced, too! Full length and a standalone. Per the blurb, it sounds intriguing (and quite infuriating) like we like ‘em. “I destroy anything in my path to get what I want. Then she showed up. Olivia Bell. She’s sweet and innocent, and in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Now she’s mine. My property. I own her. Given to me as a bargaining chip. She’s not a part of my plans, but plans change…“
- Waiting for Tuesday: Suspicious Hearts Book Two by Taylor Sullivan <— LIVE!!! SHE WAS CONTENT & SETTLED BUT THEN SHE MET HIM…“…the night I met John Eaton I felt that stability crumble. His smile was a mixture of little boy and pure devil at the same time. Handsome and charming, I knew his type, knew the sort of games that came with men like him. … I tried to fight it, to shove away the connection that clawed at my heart, but it was too late. Roots dug in, grew deep, and twisted. John fell for me, and I for him. He was impossible to resist. I was his. But a secret is a dangerous thing. Held too long, it can rip a life apart. Destroy the man I loved. Destroy us.” P.S. CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE!
- Broken Minds by Nicki Rae <— LIVE!!! SHE & HER BOYFRIEND WERE KIDNAPPED TOGETHER… “We would be held captive for ninety days. We weren’t allowed to think on our own, breathe on our own, or speak on our own. Our minds and bodies were pushed to the edge and eventually broke. By the end of our ninety days, we were both lost inside ourselves, but bound to one another. Even though Trevor smiled every day, his will was broken, his soul was sucked dry, and his mind was cracking with each passing day. But on this fateful day, I finally understood why his smile was sad because mine was also. My name’s Keda Spencer and this is my story of survival, and the road that led to it.”
- More than Exist by Bethany Lopez <— LIVE!!! SHE’S GRIEVING HER HUSBAND AND DECIDES TO TAKE A ROAD TRIP! “My mother says my idea of taking a solo cross-country road trip is crazy, but I see it as my road to recovery. Along the way, I’ll have to deal with the poor choices I’ve made since Ricky died. I’ll have to overcome the terror that his death has caused me. I’ll have to find my balance again. And once I meet Luke and his young son, I’ll have to decide if I can take the risk to do more than exist and learn to love again.”
- Billionaire Fiancés by Rachel Lyndhurst, Carmen Falcone, Ros Clarke, Annie Seaton, Christine Bell <— LIVE!! ANTHOLOGY (over 700 pages) and it’s super-bargain priced right now! Plus who can resist an billionaire finance? “Five fantasy romances featuring alpha billionaires and the women who are more than they bargained for...”
- Sound Effects by L.J. Greene <— LIVE!! HE’S AN UP-AND-COMING MUSICIAN AND SHE MEETS HIM... “Now she’ll have to decide where the bigger risk lies: in the prudent path she has been working tirelessly to pursue, or in the intriguing but uncertain one he’s offering…“
- Stepbrother Dearest by Penelope Ward <— PENELOPE WARD SUPER RARE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!!!!! This one JUST went on sale!! Grey & marina LOVED it, in an “unputtdownable” kind of way:
Grey: “Stepbrother Dearest. Oh, I definitely enjoyed it! This was a “I couldn’t put the book down until I was finished with it” type of read for me. So… in the bathroom… sorting laundry…. talking on the phone… all occurred while reading!”
marina: “Stepbrother Dearest = Unputdownable. Everything else fell by the wayside. It was that… when you are searching and hunting and searching for that book to hook you and hook you now.”
Leslie M: Ok, those who haven’t read Stepbrother Dearest…READ IT NOW PEOPLE!!! I almost never 5* anything and I loved this one. It wasn’t what I was expecting in a good way. I don’t want to say too much & spoil….but it’s not a cheesey, trashy, clichéd stepbro story (I think cover & blurb are misleading). It’s a swoony, emotional, grown up romance. Only the beginning of story is when they are teens. This is my kind of love story!!!
- The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead by Max Brooks <— LOL!!! SOUNDS LIKE HALLOWEEN-FUN!! Super-bargain priced too!
“From the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller, World War Z, The Zombie Survival Guide is your key to survival against the hordes of undead who may be stalking you right now. Fully illustrated and exhaustively comprehensive, this book covers everything you need to know...”
- The Hand That Feeds You: A Novel by A.J. Rich <— PSYCH THRILLER ALERT! SHE COMES HOME TO FIND HER FIANCEE MAULED TO DEATH… and finds out he HAS LIED TO HER ABOUT EVERYTHING... and he has other fiancees, too. This one is on sale right now and has tons of amazing accolades from big magazines. “She returns from class one day to find Bennett brutally mauled to death, and her beloved dogs covered in blood. When Morgan tries to locate Bennett’s parents to tell them about their son’s hideous death, she discovers that everything he has told her—where he was born, where he lives in Montreal, where he works—was a lie. He is not the man he said he was, and he had several fiancées, all believing the same promises he gave Morgan. And then, one by one, these other women are murdered…“
PREORDERS (tomorrow’s!!! )
- The Fix Up by Kendall Ryan - October 11th 2016
- Small Great Things: A Novel by Jodi Picoult - October 11th 2016
- Going Down Fast (Billionaire Bad Boys Book 2) by Carly Phillips - October 11th 2016
- Midnight Untamed: A Midnight Breed Novella by Lara Adrian - October 11th 2016
- Sugar Free: A Sugar Bowl Novel by Sawyer Bennett - October 11th 2016
- Crimson Death: An Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter Novel by Laurell K. Hamilton - October 11th 2016
- Mr. Mysterious: A Mister Standalone (The Mister Series Book 4) by J.A. Huss - October 12th 2016
- The Wrong Side of Rock Bottom by Jennifer Foor – October 14th 2016
- All In (Full Tilt Book 2) by Emma Scott - October 11th 2016 <— I’M READING THIS ONE RIGHT NOW!!!
- Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil by Melina Marchetta - October 11th 2016 (thanks for finding it bev!!)
- Bound to Submit (Blasphemy) by Laura Kaye - October 11th 2016
- The Midnight Star (Young Elites Book 3) by Marie Lu - October 11th 2016
- Beard Science (Winston Brothers Book 3) by Penny Reid - October 11th 2016
➜ CHECK OUT ALL the upcoming BOOK RELEASES here (frequently updated and it goes all the way to 2017!)
Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).