Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – July 23rd 2013

by Maryse on July 23, 2013 · 46 comments

Today’s latest releases and a few great looking bargain books, too!! :D

Right now, I’m reading Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff. A dark read for sure (but I’m still in the beginning stages so I fear it’s going to get darker). Evil husband that she escapes from. “Feel-wise”, I’d say it’s a mix between Escape From Paradise and Consequences. So far, so good! What are you guys reading?

BARGAINS:

PARANORMAL

CONTEMPORARY

Jean July 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Thanks Maryse! I just finished Lick in one day and feel like I need more to their story! I am taking the plunge and starting The Opportunist tonight although my stomach already hurts thinking about it after reading all the reviews!

Maryse July 23, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Do it, Jean!!!! That series is SO worth the angsty heartache!! Excellent writing, story and characters.

Jean July 23, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Thanks Maryse…of course I will listen to you!! I really didn’t know what to read next….hoping something will get me going after the “Dark Duet” series which I LOVED and can’t get over!

RAE July 23, 2013 at 12:59 PM

I love the list, a lot of great books. I personally am looking forward to ESCAPING REALITY by Lisa Renee Jones. I read her IF I WERE YOU and BEING ME books and fell in love with the characters. —Rae

Shanda July 23, 2013 at 1:41 PM

I just finished Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan. Based on your reviews I had made a choice not to read any of the trilogy ( even though I owned them for over a year) until the 3rd book came out because of the cliffhangers. So in the past 4 days I have read all 3. I am emotionally drained Out of Breath is a major page turner, I just couldn’t put it down. Just a heart-felt story

Kristina July 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Oh hells yeah! I need something to read, great list! I just finished Left Drowning…omg there are no words. Flippin’ fantastic!

Joy July 23, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Just finished White Balance by Ainslie Paton, LOVED this book!!! And Real Ugly by C M Stunich, this was real ugly, so if you’re looking for a nice book, this isn’t it!!! And the cliffhanger was a KILLER!!!

Kyle July 23, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I just finished Don’t Lie to Me by Stacey Lynn. I actually really loved it. It had a Fifty feel to it but not really. I don’t know but if you are looking for something like that you should really read it! It was much better than I expected going into it!

Niki July 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM

I’m at 60ish % of Underestimated and its so good!! I was up till 4 am reading last night!

Maryse July 23, 2013 at 2:49 PM

These are great suggestions you guys!! I’m going to wait for Real Ugly 2, then… and Out Of Breath is VERY high next on my TBR list.

Can’t wait to get back to my scary romance book. :D

Jettie July 23, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I am so excited that you are reading my book. I was turned onto your site by a couple of your dirty girls, lol. I love it. I love your recommendations, although I wished someone would put a limit on my one clicker. I am happy that you are enjoying it, as well Niki. Don’t stay up until 4 am though. Cant wait to see what you think.

Glenda July 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM

when are you planning to review Underestimated? I can’t wait…..

Ashley B. July 23, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Has anyone read The Billionaire’s Obsession? If so, is it recommended?

neika July 23, 2013 at 5:12 PM

I read Underestimated this weekend and still have the characters following me around!!! enjoyed it so much!

Avery July 23, 2013 at 7:03 PM

I read Underestimated last week and really enjoyed it. I don’t want to spoil any of it but I 4 starred it.

Avery July 23, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I just finished Thief and now I’m back to EIT- Into the Hollow.

Christine July 23, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I’ve had The Opportunist loaded forever, but I have been afraid to read. Now with 3 books out, I might have to brave it. Does Thief wrap up the series? Is this series agansty as Avoiding Commitment by K.A Linden. That series called for wine and/or sedatives!

Jennifer F. July 23, 2013 at 8:11 PM

Hi! I just finished “Sieze Me”, “Left Drowning” and “Savor You” and started the “Dark Brother” series by Bec Botefuhr this morning. I could put all of them down. I’m SO searching for a book that I cannot. I feel I’m reading book reviews more than reading books. Maybe I have reading depression. Lol….Ugh.

Lauren July 23, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Jennifer I’m going through the exact same thing! I feel like all I’ve been doing is reading reviews I need a “don’t want to do anything but read this” book!!

Jennifer F. July 23, 2013 at 9:20 PM

I’m going crazy, Lauren! I’m getting sick of the New Adult/College genre. I don’t know if it’s just the titles I’m choosing, but they are all repetitive and predictable. I need a solid romance that’ll knock my socks off!!!

Lauren July 23, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Me too! All I seem to be doing is reading reviews about what seems like the same book! I need something different that will make my eyes sting from concentrating so hard! I really really LOVED shine not burn but that’s the last book I’ve read that had me hooked but I wanna be floored! Arrrgh I’m totally in a book depression! :(

Donna July 23, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Yep, I am also in agreement with Jennifer and Lauren. I am looking for something other than New Adult/College genre. Are there any new paranormal romance books (4-5 star quality)?

Rose July 23, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I have to share that I always check your site faithfully on Tuesday’s and I’m still so torn up after finshing The Opportunist last night that I’m just now looking at your site and Amazon for new releases! Wow- that book gave me a major hangover… I was going to plunge into DR but need a day to breathe.

Bryanne July 24, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I’ve been reading a lot lately–but one book that I keep thinking about is Animate Me by Ruth Clampett. I’ve been getting a little sick of the formulated billionaire, bad boy, rock star reads (although, I will always love them). Animate me is about a nerdy guy who loves to draw and finally get the curate to go after his dream girl–making tons if mistakes along the way. There is a bit of a love triangle in there,some angst, and tons of witty, fun dialogue that totally kept me reading. I also loved the fact that the author includes lots of the characters drawings into the book. I totally loved seeing them throughout.

Bryanne July 24, 2013 at 2:34 AM

Courage not curate. Sorry…

Jean July 24, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Jennifer, Lauren and Donna…I am going through the same thing! Ugh! Reading more reviews than anything the last 2 days…..My last reads were My Forever Girl, Shine Not Burn, Beauty From Pain, Beauty From Surrender and just read Lick in one day. Last night started The Opportunist based on Maryse’s reviews and OMG! Almost called out sick today so I could finish it and all I can think about is getting back to it! Feel like I’m finally out of my slump…..just saying, in case you guys haven’t read it yet!

Jennifer F. July 24, 2013 at 9:15 AM

Jean, I did read “The Opportunist” last summer. Super good read. I put off “Dirty Red” so I could read it right before “Thief”. Yes…these multi-book series are driving me nuts! Thank the Lord for Maryse and Goodreads or I could never keep all these series straight!!
Lauren, I decided to go through my TBR lists from the last six months or so and I am picking out books to read. I’m amazed at how many books I skipped! If my attention isn’t grabbed with the sample then I drop it. I’m trying out “Surrender Your Love” by J.C. Reed and woohoo….the sequel is already out! Hopefully, I will have a romance-reading filled few days.
Donna, I don’t know of any new paranormal romance books. It seems like every book I’ve tried lately is umm….dumb. I’m just waiting for the next BDB and Sherrilyn Kenyon’s “Styxx”. Yay!!
Thanks, Maryse, for letting us use your page to vent our frustrations

Jennifer F. July 24, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Hey! That’s new! How do I add my picture? I really don’t look like a green blob with a long tongue! Haha!!

Jean July 24, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Haha Jennifer! That is so funny, and I thought my picture was bad! Thanks for the comments!

Sara July 24, 2013 at 10:46 AM

i just read Underestimated! it was a really good roller coaster ride!

Christine Brae July 24, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Hi Maryse. Thank you for including my book on your list! What an honor!
XO

Linda July 24, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Hi ladies in a slump. Just read This Man trilogy recently. Amazing. Surviving Raine, On the Island and Seize Me and Axel also great reads and they hang on waaay after. Know what I mean?? Shine and burn too. Trying to figure out my read for the weekend as well. Not sure how much angst I’m up for. Dancing around Pulse, Oportunist and Left Drowing.

Jean July 24, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Thanks Linda! This Man series is definitely one of my favorites!! I started The Opportunist last night even though I was nervous about it….and boy is it good!!!! Surviving Raine is definitely a favorite this year also…highly recommended! Pulse is also on my radar, but after all the reviews for Thief and seeing all 3 books were out, I started The Opportunist and so glad I did!!! Glad to know I am not the only one getting into these book slumps though!! haha!

Kaleese July 24, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Hey all! I’ve been reading the Up In the Air trilogy by R.K. Lilley. It’s along the lines of Fifty Shades and Crossfire, but it’s good! The books are fairly short so they are quick reads.

Jean July 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Loved the Up in The Air trilogy – great story (one of my favs) and R.K. Lilley is an excellent author!!!

Lindsay July 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Ladies, I loved This Man trilogy as well! I highly recommend it to anyone that has not read it. You will not find a broken, weak heroine in that book that’s for sure. It’ll make you laugh, cry and give you WTF moments!

Adele July 24, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I just finished Underestimated. When Maryse said it was between Escape From Paradise and Consequences I was SO on board, and crap on a cracker, it was good…… Not only have I been a zombie today, ’cause you know I stayed up reading way too late last night, but I couldn’t stand the suspense and I finished up reading at my desk at work! It was an intense book, so much so that I think I need a day or two to take it all in before I start a new read.

Maryse July 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM

It’s a fairly long book. I’m at 60% right now and BOY DO I LOVE that twist at 50%. WOW. I did NOT see that coming. I mean I saw … “that” coming, but OMG!!!!! Where it went after that….

I can’t wait to get back to it and finish it tonight!

Corrie July 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I can’t believe there is a sequel to Accidentally on Purpose!! If you have not read it yet, do it!! If it’s anything like the first book, you will not see the twists and turns coming and when they happen you’ll think, “what in the heck?”

Melinda July 24, 2013 at 4:09 PM

I, too, am not super interested in NA/College books. I am late to this series, but I am on book two of Lauren Stewart’s Hyde series…waiting patiently for #3 to come out. It’s a very interesting retelling of a classic…the heroine is actually pretty strong. I am just finding the whole thing very satisfying.

Lauren July 24, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Ok ladies I found JUST the book I needed right now! It’s called seeds of hate I’m only 18% in I know its early days but I just know its going to break my heart and its completely different to what I normally go for,like I said just what I needed!
Jen F I think I will be doing the same thing after this book you just never know what you will find on your kindle!! Love all the suggestions I havnt read up in the air trilogy YET :) hope its as good as the reviews say !! Happy reading everyone xx

Sussy July 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

My dad passed away Wed June 26 and his burial was on Saturday. Even through all that, I was thinking about Book Bash and using your site as a way to cope with the loss. Thank you for all that you do :)

Lauren July 24, 2013 at 6:32 PM

I’m so sorry for your loss sussy

Linda July 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM

OK I loved LOVED This Man trilogy. How does Up in the Air trilogy compare?

Jean July 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Loved the Up In the Air series (one of my favorites)! Go for it Linda! I also loved This Man trilogy if that gives you an idea of my tastes…haha!

Linda July 25, 2013 at 11:07 AM