Today’s latest releases and a few great looking bargain books, too!! 😀
Right now, I’m reading Underestimated by Jettie Woodruff. A dark read for sure (but I’m still in the beginning stages so I fear it’s going to get darker). Evil husband that she escapes from. “Feel-wise”, I’d say it’s a mix between Escape From Paradise and Consequences. So far, so good! What are you guys reading?
- Him by Carey Heywood <— (thanks Stephanie!)
- Impossible: The Original Trilogy (Monster, Traitor, and Avenger) (Impossible #1-3) by Julia SykesI think this one’s a “kidnap” one. (thanks Lynn & Janet!) Neika says “I read all three and loved them!”
- Taming the Bachelor (A Dickerman Moretti Novel) by MJ Carter <— over 400 pages, good reviews and he’s an ex-marine and bad boy. That sounds about right! 😉 Thanks Stephanie!!
- Ryder (Resisting Love) by Chantal Fernando <— rock star read! This one’s a musician that just got signed and is going on tour. Right about at the same time when he meets someone he reallly likes. (thanks again Stephanie!)
- Mangled Hearts: Francesca and Cade (Scarred Hearts) by Felicia Tatum Thanks Lori!
- Wanderlust by Skye Warren <— (I really loved this one but beware!!! It. is. DARK!)
- Never Deal with Dragons by Lorenda Christensen
- Not Without Juliet (Scottish Time Travel) (A Muir Witch Project #2) by L.L. Muir
- Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bears Oh My! (Entangled Covet) by Candace Havens
- Kiss of Venom by Jennifer Estep
- Collared for a Night (Crimson Romance) by Susan Arden
- The Waterlord by Dawn Thompson
- Lacey and Lethal by Laurann Dohner
- Of Love & Regret by S.H. Kolee <— hey we know her!! She wrote one that I loved called “Love Left Behind“!
- Worthy of Redemption (Accidentally on Purpose) by L.D. Davis (book #2 after Accidentally on Purpose)
- Thief (Love Me With Lies #3) by Tarryn Fisher <— I LOVED IT!!
- Escaping Reality (New Adult Romance) (The Secret Life of Amy Bensen) by Lisa Renee Jones <— (she just wrote a New Adult novel!!)
- Lost For You by B.J. Harvey
- Next Door Lovers by Veronica Warren
- Memories of Me and You by Kat Halstead
- The Light in the Wound by Christine Brae <— looks angsty!!
- Making the First Move by Reese Ryan
- Alistair (Golden Streak Series) by Kathi S. Barton
- Always (Bold as Love) by Lindsay Paige <— looks good (NHL player?) but is actually the 4th installment in the series.
- Ashton Croft Confidential by Ava Moore
- Beneath Your Beautiful by Tamsyn Bester <— NA – college football star…
- Time for Love, The McCarthys of Gansett Island, Book 9 by Marie Force <— LOOK!! A new release in this series!!
- Marie Force Bundle: Line of Scrimmage, Love at First Flight, Everyone Loves A Hero by Marie Force (three of her books bundled!)
- Trust In Me (Rancho del Cielo) by Dee Tenorio <— Oh look at this one! I like stoic frowners! 😉 “Susie Packard’s nightmarish marriage taught her what happens when she gives in to her weakness for powerful men. Too bad the big, stoic frowner across the street—the one who sets her bells jangling just by breathing—has her in his sights.”
- Two Cupids Too Many by Mary Leak
- Wife for Hire by Marilyn Shank
- Obsession (Year of Fire) by Florencia Bonelli <— Saudi prince and a pediatric surgeon… 611 pages!!
- Playing the Field: A Diamonds and Dugouts Novel by Jennifer Seasons <— baseball player
- Stealing April’s Heart by Kathryn Quick <— baseball player
- Renovating Love by Mary Leask
- Saving Samantha by Nancy J. Parra
- Second Chances by Kimberley O’Steen
- Sweet Lies and Rainbow Skies by Jane McBride Choate
- Lasting Love by Tara Randel
- Melody of Love by Tara Randel
- Not Until You Part VII: Not Until You Believe by Roni Loren
- Bending Over Backwards by Samantha Hunter
- Blood Kin by Judith E. French
- The Never List by Koethi Zan <— recently released and pointed out to me by Angie, and OMG I WANNA read this!!! Dark and creepy-like. I hope there’s a side of romance. Still, this one is tickling my scary-bone. 😉 I just downloaded the sample…
Thanks Maryse! I just finished Lick in one day and feel like I need more to their story! I am taking the plunge and starting The Opportunist tonight although my stomach already hurts thinking about it after reading all the reviews!
Do it, Jean!!!! That series is SO worth the angsty heartache!! Excellent writing, story and characters.
Thanks Maryse…of course I will listen to you!! I really didn’t know what to read next….hoping something will get me going after the “Dark Duet” series which I LOVED and can’t get over!
I love the list, a lot of great books. I personally am looking forward to ESCAPING REALITY by Lisa Renee Jones. I read her IF I WERE YOU and BEING ME books and fell in love with the characters. —Rae
I just finished Out of Breath by Rebecca Donovan. Based on your reviews I had made a choice not to read any of the trilogy ( even though I owned them for over a year) until the 3rd book came out because of the cliffhangers. So in the past 4 days I have read all 3. I am emotionally drained Out of Breath is a major page turner, I just couldn’t put it down. Just a heart-felt story
Oh hells yeah! I need something to read, great list! I just finished Left Drowning…omg there are no words. Flippin’ fantastic!
Just finished White Balance by Ainslie Paton, LOVED this book!!! And Real Ugly by C M Stunich, this was real ugly, so if you’re looking for a nice book, this isn’t it!!! And the cliffhanger was a KILLER!!!
I just finished Don’t Lie to Me by Stacey Lynn. I actually really loved it. It had a Fifty feel to it but not really. I don’t know but if you are looking for something like that you should really read it! It was much better than I expected going into it!
I’m at 60ish % of Underestimated and its so good!! I was up till 4 am reading last night!
These are great suggestions you guys!! I’m going to wait for Real Ugly 2, then… and Out Of Breath is VERY high next on my TBR list.
Can’t wait to get back to my scary romance book. 😀
I am so excited that you are reading my book. I was turned onto your site by a couple of your dirty girls, lol. I love it. I love your recommendations, although I wished someone would put a limit on my one clicker. I am happy that you are enjoying it, as well Niki. Don’t stay up until 4 am though. Cant wait to see what you think.
when are you planning to review Underestimated? I can’t wait…..
Has anyone read The Billionaire’s Obsession? If so, is it recommended?
I read Underestimated this weekend and still have the characters following me around!!! enjoyed it so much!
I read Underestimated last week and really enjoyed it. I don’t want to spoil any of it but I 4 starred it.
I just finished Thief and now I’m back to EIT- Into the Hollow.
I’ve had The Opportunist loaded forever, but I have been afraid to read. Now with 3 books out, I might have to brave it. Does Thief wrap up the series? Is this series agansty as Avoiding Commitment by K.A Linden. That series called for wine and/or sedatives!
Hi! I just finished “Sieze Me”, “Left Drowning” and “Savor You” and started the “Dark Brother” series by Bec Botefuhr this morning. I could put all of them down. I’m SO searching for a book that I cannot. I feel I’m reading book reviews more than reading books. Maybe I have reading depression. Lol….Ugh.
Jennifer I’m going through the exact same thing! I feel like all I’ve been doing is reading reviews I need a “don’t want to do anything but read this” book!!
I’m going crazy, Lauren! I’m getting sick of the New Adult/College genre. I don’t know if it’s just the titles I’m choosing, but they are all repetitive and predictable. I need a solid romance that’ll knock my socks off!!!
Me too! All I seem to be doing is reading reviews about what seems like the same book! I need something different that will make my eyes sting from concentrating so hard! I really really LOVED shine not burn but that’s the last book I’ve read that had me hooked but I wanna be floored! Arrrgh I’m totally in a book depression! 🙁
Yep, I am also in agreement with Jennifer and Lauren. I am looking for something other than New Adult/College genre. Are there any new paranormal romance books (4-5 star quality)?
I have to share that I always check your site faithfully on Tuesday’s and I’m still so torn up after finshing The Opportunist last night that I’m just now looking at your site and Amazon for new releases! Wow- that book gave me a major hangover… I was going to plunge into DR but need a day to breathe.
I’ve been reading a lot lately–but one book that I keep thinking about is Animate Me by Ruth Clampett. I’ve been getting a little sick of the formulated billionaire, bad boy, rock star reads (although, I will always love them). Animate me is about a nerdy guy who loves to draw and finally get the curate to go after his dream girl–making tons if mistakes along the way. There is a bit of a love triangle in there,some angst, and tons of witty, fun dialogue that totally kept me reading. I also loved the fact that the author includes lots of the characters drawings into the book. I totally loved seeing them throughout.
Courage not curate. Sorry…
Jennifer, Lauren and Donna…I am going through the same thing! Ugh! Reading more reviews than anything the last 2 days…..My last reads were My Forever Girl, Shine Not Burn, Beauty From Pain, Beauty From Surrender and just read Lick in one day. Last night started The Opportunist based on Maryse’s reviews and OMG! Almost called out sick today so I could finish it and all I can think about is getting back to it! Feel like I’m finally out of my slump…..just saying, in case you guys haven’t read it yet!
Jean, I did read “The Opportunist” last summer. Super good read. I put off “Dirty Red” so I could read it right before “Thief”. Yes…these multi-book series are driving me nuts! Thank the Lord for Maryse and Goodreads or I could never keep all these series straight!!
Lauren, I decided to go through my TBR lists from the last six months or so and I am picking out books to read. I’m amazed at how many books I skipped! If my attention isn’t grabbed with the sample then I drop it. I’m trying out “Surrender Your Love” by J.C. Reed and woohoo….the sequel is already out! Hopefully, I will have a romance-reading filled few days.
Donna, I don’t know of any new paranormal romance books. It seems like every book I’ve tried lately is umm….dumb. I’m just waiting for the next BDB and Sherrilyn Kenyon’s “Styxx”. Yay!!
Thanks, Maryse, for letting us use your page to vent our frustrations
Hey! That’s new! How do I add my picture? I really don’t look like a green blob with a long tongue! Haha!!
Haha Jennifer! That is so funny, and I thought my picture was bad! Thanks for the comments!
i just read Underestimated! it was a really good roller coaster ride!
Hi Maryse. Thank you for including my book on your list! What an honor!
Hi ladies in a slump. Just read This Man trilogy recently. Amazing. Surviving Raine, On the Island and Seize Me and Axel also great reads and they hang on waaay after. Know what I mean?? Shine and burn too. Trying to figure out my read for the weekend as well. Not sure how much angst I’m up for. Dancing around Pulse, Oportunist and Left Drowing.
Thanks Linda! This Man series is definitely one of my favorites!! I started The Opportunist last night even though I was nervous about it….and boy is it good!!!! Surviving Raine is definitely a favorite this year also…highly recommended! Pulse is also on my radar, but after all the reviews for Thief and seeing all 3 books were out, I started The Opportunist and so glad I did!!! Glad to know I am not the only one getting into these book slumps though!! haha!
Hey all! I’ve been reading the Up In the Air trilogy by R.K. Lilley. It’s along the lines of Fifty Shades and Crossfire, but it’s good! The books are fairly short so they are quick reads.
Loved the Up in The Air trilogy – great story (one of my favs) and R.K. Lilley is an excellent author!!!
Ladies, I loved This Man trilogy as well! I highly recommend it to anyone that has not read it. You will not find a broken, weak heroine in that book that’s for sure. It’ll make you laugh, cry and give you WTF moments!
I just finished Underestimated. When Maryse said it was between Escape From Paradise and Consequences I was SO on board, and crap on a cracker, it was good…… Not only have I been a zombie today, ’cause you know I stayed up reading way too late last night, but I couldn’t stand the suspense and I finished up reading at my desk at work! It was an intense book, so much so that I think I need a day or two to take it all in before I start a new read.
It’s a fairly long book. I’m at 60% right now and BOY DO I LOVE that twist at 50%. WOW. I did NOT see that coming. I mean I saw … “that” coming, but OMG!!!!! Where it went after that….
I can’t wait to get back to it and finish it tonight!
I can’t believe there is a sequel to Accidentally on Purpose!! If you have not read it yet, do it!! If it’s anything like the first book, you will not see the twists and turns coming and when they happen you’ll think, “what in the heck?”
I, too, am not super interested in NA/College books. I am late to this series, but I am on book two of Lauren Stewart’s Hyde series…waiting patiently for #3 to come out. It’s a very interesting retelling of a classic…the heroine is actually pretty strong. I am just finding the whole thing very satisfying.
Ok ladies I found JUST the book I needed right now! It’s called seeds of hate I’m only 18% in I know its early days but I just know its going to break my heart and its completely different to what I normally go for,like I said just what I needed!
Jen F I think I will be doing the same thing after this book you just never know what you will find on your kindle!! Love all the suggestions I havnt read up in the air trilogy YET 🙂 hope its as good as the reviews say !! Happy reading everyone xx
My dad passed away Wed June 26 and his burial was on Saturday. Even through all that, I was thinking about Book Bash and using your site as a way to cope with the loss. Thank you for all that you do 🙂
I’m so sorry for your loss sussy
OK I loved LOVED This Man trilogy. How does Up in the Air trilogy compare?
Loved the Up In the Air series (one of my favorites)! Go for it Linda! I also loved This Man trilogy if that gives you an idea of my tastes…haha!
Thanks so much Jean;). Love your taste!! Xo