Latest Paranormal & Contemporary Romance Book Releases – October 7th 2014

by Maryse on October 7, 2014 · 65 comments

Happy BIG HUGE RELEASE DAY!!! LOL… that sounded… *blush* Well. You know. *snort* ;)

<— Look what’s part of today’s lineup!!! *squeeeee* Bad boy biker alert! This one, from one of our queens of MC books has just been released today. Her wildly popular biker series Reapers Motorcycle Club features super-steamy, raw and gritty guys with dirty mouths and even dirtier minds. eek But the romance is always prevalent and just angsty enough to keep us hooked! I’m so excited!!!

And just take a look at what other books are making my one-clicker twitchy: Immortal (J.R. Ward!!! But of course!!!), Tied (I loved #1, and need to catch up with this hilarious couple!), Outcome (’cause I loved the first M/M book in the series… they survived a kidnapping!!), Burying Water (sounds emotional and haunting!!), Reaper’s Stand (I’ve read every one in this series so far!).

PLUS LOTS of protective alpha-males, below. A magnificent-looking abundance of them. Fighters… yes. Military heroes. Check! Bossy bad boys. Got ‘em! ;)

Oh! Don’t forget to scroll all the way down to the bottom and see the crazy-awesome looking pre-orders I just found. All our favorite authors!!!

P.S. Let me know if I’m missing any or if you loved any (from this list or elsewhere).

BARGAINS (NOTE: bargain priced when I added them, but prices can change on Amazon, so make sure to check before you finalize your order).

• What If by Rebecca Donovan <— Chrissy LOVED this recent release and says: “Maryse you need to read Rebecca Donovan ’s book What If. It’s one of those ones that you can’t put down because you’re trying to figure out what’s going to happen. LOVED IT!!!” Thank you Chrissy. I do love this author!
  • Bigger Than the Sky (Serenity Point Book 1) by Harper Bentley <— NAVY SEAL ALERT! Recent release that I missed, but it’s bargain priced, so I thought I’d bring it over! “Five years ago, I left my fiancé, hotter than hot Navy SEAL Kade Kelly, at the altar. No, I’m not an idiot. Yes, I had my reasons.
  • Deception (Deception Series Book 1) by K.A. Robinson <— RECENT RELEASE that I missed, but Tessa read it and recommends it! “Finished Deception by KA Robinson last night and it’s definitely the beginning of a dark read. It ended on a CH but reading it you know it’s going to be bad. Loved it, but I want two because any real mess with the head stuff will be there. I can’t wait!
  • Three Wishes by Kristen Ashley <— Stephanie found us these KA super-bargains!! She says: “KRISTEN ASHLEY 99¢ SALE! ★ Three Wishes; Mathilda, SuperWitch; and The Ghost and Reincarnation Series by Kristen Ashley are all on sale for 99¢ for a LIMITED time! Please remember to check the price before you one-click!”
  • Fairytale Come Alive by Kristen Ashley <— here’s another one!!!
  • Penmort Castle by Kristen Ashley <— and another!!!
  • Sommersgate House by Kristen Ashley <— and another!!!
  • Lacybourne Manor by Kristen Ashley <— and another!!! (LOL!! She’s put so many of her beginning stories on super-sale!! YAY!!!)
  • Lucky Stars by Kristen Ashley <— and another one!!!
  • Mathilda, SuperWitch (Mathilda’s Book of Shadows 1) by Kristen Ashley <— and this one, too!! *phew* I think I got ‘em all. ;)
  • Owned (A Decadence after Dark Novel) by M. Never <— JUST RECENTLY RELEASED (I missed it, earlier) and recommended by Jenny!! “The book has 16 5* reviews so far! I loved it! If you are looking for a darker read, take a chance on Owned, you won’t be disappointed!!” —> ”I like you collared, baby. I like you naked, I like you mine.” <— *blink blink* eek A bit more from the blurb… ”Unable to resist the sinful attraction, Ellie agrees to leave with Kayne, believing she is finally bedding the man of her dreams. Little does she know when she walks out the door, she’s about to be Owned.

PRE-ORDERS I just found and added to the main “Book Releases” page :D !

Amy October 7, 2014 at 12:35 PM

I *have* to get started on the Mia Sheridan Sign of Love series! I’m pretty sure I have the first four, including Archer’s Voice…looks like I’m getting the two listed above as well! Oooh, and Raine looks perfect for when I’m in the mood for young-people angst!

Okay, so I’m sure some of you have seen this, but I had to post a link to it…especially for 50 Shades lovers. OMG I was laughing so hard at it!!

Amy October 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM

The Walls of Troy is M/M? Hmmmm…obviously *someone’s* walls are getting invaded by a Trojan. LOL!!!!! :P

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 12:49 PM

LOL AMY!!!!!!!! Yeah… that title was making me grin, too. ;)

Shell October 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Yummy, so many Ashley’s books on sale and I 1 clicked them all.

Tessa October 7, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Failing Away, (Fall Away series) by Penelope Douglas is also to be released on 1/6/15. This is Jaxon’s story

Same name, same date, different author than the one you posted already. (weird coincidence)

Amy October 7, 2014 at 1:06 PM
Maryse October 7, 2014 at 1:38 PM

Amy I’m still stuck on the jello shots… I mean… it’s just considered dessert, right? *snort*

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 1:39 PM

Oh yes Tessa!! Thank you for reminding me!! Two books releasing with the same title…

I actually already had that one on the main book release page, these were just the latest ones I found this morning. :D

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Shell… who can resist KA? Not I. ;)

Laura October 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM

Still reading shadow fever!!!! I’m now wanting to finish it to get the the new reapers and Calder AND the next books in the 2b books there’s not enough hours in the day!!

Shell October 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM

‘Raine’ by J.C Valentine and ‘Shame’ by Van Dayken, Rachel is $0.99.

Kim October 7, 2014 at 2:11 PM

L.P. Dover’s Tyler’s Undoing release yesterday. I could not put it down! I am addicted to reading about hot MMA fighters!

Amy October 7, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Of course it’s just dessert! And who is to say that vodka in dessert isn’t appropriate?? I am *dying* to make those. I’m picking up the ingredients and disposable tall shotglasses tomorrow and then making them for the next Bunco. The more tipsy we get, the more fun it is! :D

Laura, I’m still on Bloodfever. :| I like the series but just had too many distractions the last few days. *sigh* Don’t ya hate it when real life gets in the way of reading? ;)

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 2:22 PM

What’s a bunco?

And soon I’ll need to make y’all some duck farts. Delicious!! And very buzz-inducing. Those duck farts are potent. Heheeh eeeewww!

Laura October 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Oh u are all confusing me what in the hell are duck farts? Is this some crazy thing that’s not hit the uk yet? Or am I getting really old before my time babies really do that!

Amy I read the 1st three a while ago and stalled on the 3rd but I decided to try again and I love it I don’t want it to end :( But u know there’s a picnic a callin me ;)

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 2:30 PM

Hey Amy, I remember someone posting a drink recipe (maybe you, or Fabi, or Jean, or Bev or MichelleS? One o’ y’all…) anyway, with condensed sweetened milk, and you said u loved condensed sweetened milk. I’ve never had it and am dying to try this drink, but I can’t fine the link in the comments…

Do you guys remember which one I’m talking about?

Amy October 7, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Ewwwww, Maryse!! Duck farts? *snort* That name makes me want to gag like a five-dollar hooker…but you *know* I want to try it!! :P

This sums up Bunco…
It is so fun! We meet once a month and rotate hosting in our homes. We collect $10 from each person, so there are some *great* (and sometimes scandalous ;) ) prizes.

Amy October 7, 2014 at 3:11 PM

*gasp* You’ve never tried sweetened condensed milk?? Oh lady, we have got to take care of that. I remember something about a drink recipe like that, but I cannot for the life of me think of what it was (or which of us posted it). I have soooo many cocktail recipes saved on my iPad so I’ll have to try and dig it up. Can anyone help us out here? Pretty please? *batting eyelashes*

OH! Check out this one with SCM. Screw waiting for the holidays to make it…I’ll make up my own holiday just to have it!!

Jean October 7, 2014 at 3:28 PM

What the heck! These lists on Tuesdays are killing me! I got sidetracked from the Fever Series with Finding Parker by Scott Hildreth (favorite author of mine and one that I did not see on any of Maryse’s lists which was released 9/27), but will be going back to Faefever next.

I want so many books today!! Melody of the Heart (great series), Shame (another great series), Burying Water (WANT IT), Taboo Unchained (because it’s taboo) and Beat (because I’m a sucker for MMA fighters)! Ugh I will never catch up! And Becoming Calder/Finding Eden……damn….need those too!

I thought that drink with the condensed mild was a Halloween one…. the candy corn drink?!?! Amy, can’t believe you didn’t read Archer’s Voice yet….. I will never forget it!

Laura October 7, 2014 at 3:41 PM

*gasps* u haven’t read archers voice!! Ammmy!

Jean October 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM

That’s right Laura…. let’s all gang up on Amy for not reading it yet!!!!! She would do the same to us…. She would badger us into submission! Lol!

Amy October 7, 2014 at 3:53 PM

I know, Jean! I keep hearing how good it is, but I always feel like I have to read the previous books even if they are with different couples. The exception is Golden Dynasty. I don’t regret reading that one first at all! ;)

I thought there was *another* drink recipe floating around here with sweetened condensed milk (yummmm). Was the candy corn recipe Jean mentioned the one you were talking about, Maryse, or something else? Bev posted that one yesterday, I believe…

Amy October 7, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Ohhhhhhh, so it’s gonna be like that today, huh ladies?

Yeah, okay…bring it!!!! :P

Barbara October 7, 2014 at 3:54 PM

Harper Bentley’s Bigger than the Sky is awesome! Then again anything Harper writes good and it’s hilarious!

Amy October 7, 2014 at 3:55 PM

*snort* Jean said submission.

Jean October 7, 2014 at 4:00 PM

Archers Voice does not have to be read in order! It is a total standalone! I know what you mean though Amy…..I always feel like I need to stick with the order! I did the same as you though too and read The Golden Dynasty first!

Read Archer’s Voice NOW!!!

Fabi October 7, 2014 at 4:11 PM

I have Less than Nothing and Raine on my radar now. Immortal was an pre-order for me. Gah! I have so many I want to read “now”.

Amy let me know when/if you take the Archer’s Voice plunge. It’s been calling my name for a long time now. I just need an excuse to start it. Same goes for On the Island. Too many of you raving about it. I have to read it.

But, I have SO many I want to read like right this very second. Lol

bev October 7, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Maryse you’ve never had sweetened condensed milk!?! Inconceivable.
I love it in iced coffee.

Amy if we ever get to Denmark Lia offered us her spare room/library.
Could you imagine Denmark in December? Too beautiful.

bev October 7, 2014 at 4:19 PM
Maryse October 7, 2014 at 4:41 PM

Okay so I just went to get duck fart ingredients, but I chose ALL pumpkin flavored stuff!!!!! OMG I just gotta say…

They just make it so delicious… YES!!!!!! Pumkin!!!

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM

Here you go my friends… how to make a duck fart… and you must layer it!!!

You WILL LOVE THESE!!! And if you get the pumpkin flavors, you will love these even more.

Must be shot! In one big gulp. ;)

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM

Yah you guys!!!! I have NEVER had sweetened milk… of any kind. My husband’s jaw just dropped too. He agrees with you guys that it’s delicious.

I’ve been deprived…

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 4:51 PM

*gasp* No Archer’s VOICE!!??????

OMG you are in for an epic, perfect, angsty LOVE story!!!!

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 4:51 PM

Well not angsty to make you want to throw your Kindle, but… just enough, you know?

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 4:52 PM

Jean! Okay I’ll get on creating some Scott Hildreth reading order guides so I can get to know his series…

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 4:53 PM

You know… I do think it was the candy corn drink with the milk…

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 4:54 PM

Amy… you can TOTALLY read Archer’s Voice first. It has nothing to do with any of the first books. Just like Golden Dynasty.

Er… I just realized Jean said the exact same thing. So… what she said. ;)

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 4:54 PM

I love when you guys *snort* and say innuendoey things. That just makes me *snort* :P

MichelleS October 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM

OOH – Fairytale Come Alive by KA is one of my faves of hers…. some of hers all kind of run together, and some stand out. This was one of the stand outs for me. Remember everything. Loved it. And 99 cents? grab it.

AAAMMMMYYYYY – read Archer’s Voice now!!! I second that motion. Achingly beautiful. Seriously. I had no clue it was part of a series. Felt like a stand alone to me. I think they all are. The only theme is the “horoscope names” (Archer the sagittarius, Leo, Stinger I think is a scorpio)….

I am mucking my way through Covenant. I am starting book 3: ‘Deity’. I know it’s supposed to be YA, but I am really enjoying this series. Why do I always root for the wrong guy? Huh huh? I am team Seth, although I am sure I will be swinging back to team Aiden soon.

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 5:01 PM

I always root for the wrong guy too. It’s just more fun that way!

Amy October 7, 2014 at 5:57 PM

“It’s so much liquid in one shot” <———- That's what she said. :P No, really…that's what she said in the video. *hee hee* Couldn't resist that one. I really want to try it now…and with pumpkin!!

Okay, OKAY!!! I'll read Archer's Voice right after Bloodfever. Happy now?!?!? Sheesh, angry mob. *eyeroll* Kidding! Luffs all around!

I still can't believe…no sweetened condensed milk… *shaking head* A spoonful of that and MILKGASM!!!

Maryse October 7, 2014 at 5:58 PM

Haha! You said milkgasm. *snort* :P

Tessa October 7, 2014 at 5:59 PM

That’s because Seth is awesome. We just like the arrogant a**, Michelle. There’s no shame in that. I liked him too in three. I always like the jerk. I said Mason is my ultimate book boyfriend, right? Yeah. He even says he’s an a**.

Pam October 7, 2014 at 6:10 PM

Are these KA books part of a series? Do you have a reading order?

Fabi October 7, 2014 at 6:27 PM

Maryse is this what you were looking for? Bev posted the link below and then Amy said Jello shots with sweetened condensed milk.

Amy October 7, 2014 at 6:28 PM

*snicker* Try SCM and you’ll see why I use that word. ;)

Bev, what a sweetheart she is, right? Denmark in Winter…that would be absolutely beautiful.

Hey, I can’t say anything because I was actually pulling for Javier most of the time. But wait until you read Deity and then Elixir (novella after Deity in Aiden’s POV). *sigh* Love that man!

Fabi, I’ll let you know when I’m going to start Archer’s Voice.

So, Maryse, would you say AV is between mid and high on my angst meter? With Thoughtless being one of my high-angst reads…

MichelleS October 7, 2014 at 6:57 PM

Amy – I don’t think Archer’s Voice reads “angsty” – more like a Colleen Hoover type feeling. Strong emotions. Good writing. Great characters.

Pam – the ghosts and castles series are stand alones…. I think one may be a spin off of another, but, essentially you can read each one by itself. The story is resolved with one of her famous happily-ever-after epilogues. Fairytale Come Alive was by far the best of that series.

Jean October 7, 2014 at 7:26 PM

I agree Michelle…..not so much angst in AV, but awesome story! And thanks for the information on the KA series…I downloaded them a while ago but haven’t read them yet!

Maryse, Scott Hildreth’s Fighter Erotic Romance Series is great….no one writes like he does…..he seriously kicks a$$!

Hey, I’ve never had condensed milk either….. what am I missing?

Cheryl October 7, 2014 at 7:46 PM

Amy another thing we have in common!! I”m in a bunko( we spell it this way) group. We put $11 in so that whoever is hosting doesn’t have to pay. Drinks are a must!!

So many good choices on this list, but I’m resisting, must finish Shadowfever!!! I am loving it!!!! Thought was a lot of books to read when I started, now I don’t want it to end!!;)

liveforsummer October 7, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Does anyone know anything about the Hacker series?

Fabi October 7, 2014 at 8:12 PM

Oooh Jean, I have to check that series out. A guy writing romance? And you say they are good? Hard to imagine, so I gotta go see. ;-)

Laura October 8, 2014 at 2:33 AM

Ok Amy u can be forgiven if u read it ASAP but u really will thank us all for it :)

Laura October 8, 2014 at 2:41 AM

Oh ok maryse I see what duck darts are but here in bars they are actually and I’m not joking called a blowjob shot don’t know why don’t care why lol but ur supposed to put it on the floor get on ur knees hands behind ur back and bend down pick shot up with only ur mouth and swallow . . . . Ok so maybe that’s to do with why it’s called a blowjob lol

Cheryl October 8, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Three and Out, the final book in my Love and Sports series by Meghan Quinn will be released October 14th. Haven’t read the series yet, was waiting for it to be complete, but I love sports theme stories!

I’ve had sweetened condensed milk, but only in a cookie recipe I make.

bev October 8, 2014 at 8:46 AM

Amy I came across a book review of Loving You Always by Kennedy Ryan. It is the sequel to When You are Mine. They caught my attention because of the review BUT it looks like the types of situations & angst I rarely read but you love,lol. Have you read them? If not do NOT read about Loving You Always as gives spoilers to first.
They caught my attention but I don’t know….

bev October 8, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Cheryl this is the reading order of a football series I loved. Especially, Bobby Tom Denton’s book.

Amy October 8, 2014 at 2:27 PM

I still can’t believe some of you ladies haven’t tried sweetened condensed milk, especially by dipping a spoon in it!! You have to try it…if for nothing more than to be able to say that you have. ;)

MichelleS and Jean, thanks for that input on AV. Now y’all have me excited to read it!

Yay Cheryl! Bunco…or Bunko…however it’s spelled, it’s fun!!

Amy October 8, 2014 at 2:36 PM

Laura, how funny that it’s the same thing but with a different name over there. Here, a blow job shot is usually Kahlua and Bailey’s with whipped cream on top, and the funniest way to watch someone do it is by having a guy sit on a chair and hold it between his knees while the girl gets on her knees, puts her hands behind her back and then uses only her mouth to grab the shot glass and drink it…er, not like *I’ve* done that or anything. It’s just from what I’ve seen. Yeah, that’s it. That’s how I know. *snort* ;)

Ooooooh Bev! I checked and I already have that one…yay me!! Angsty read…you know me so well, don’t ya? :D

Laura October 8, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Lol I believe u have never done it Amy me neither!!

Just finished shadow fever now I’m sad I didn’t want it to end I hate it when books do that u know end!

Amy a wine glass with Tia Maria ( not sure what the actual liquor is) and baileys ontop is called an orgasm here do u guys have that?

Maryse October 8, 2014 at 6:53 PM

LOL Amy!!!! Yeah… we can learn a lot from watching… ;)

Fabi October 8, 2014 at 7:24 PM

…or reading :-)

Cheryl October 8, 2014 at 8:33 PM

Amazing all the things you can learn by watching… :)

Cheryl October 8, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Bev I’ve read that series. Especially loved Molly and Kevin. ;)

Amy October 8, 2014 at 9:50 PM

*giggle* That’s right ladies…we only know these things from watching. ;) Never doing. Just like my husband never ordered me one years ago and told me loudly to “get down on your knees for a blow job” in front of our friends and anyone within earshot. And I did not spit the shot glass right in the “special spot” in his lap when I was done. Nope. Never happened. ;)

Laura, I think the more common one here is a screaming orgasm shot with Bailey’s, Kahlua, amaretto and vodka (there are some other variations on that, too), but I *have* seen an orgasm drink with cream or creme de cacao and some of those liquers before.

Blow jobs and screaming orgasms…sounds like some of the stuff in our books! :P

Debi October 9, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Hey Maryse, this is my first time writing on your website but I’ve been following it for a long time. I just finished Once Perfect and if it’s not on your TBR list is should been it was so good. Teo is this supper hot Latino; bouncer / underground mma fighters, not the typical alpha male (which is usually my thing), but so sweet, kinda a big strong, hot, teddy bear. This book had some really funny comments and some really really sad stuff, mostly from both characters past. Plus you think you whats going on then all the sudden your thrown off with some surprises. Anyway, totally worth reading.

Also read the the new Reapers MC book this week and it was awesome as usual my favorite MC books next to KA’s Chaos series. Just incase you haven’t read this series, you are missing out.