WINNER UPDATE!! Congratulations to these confirmed winners!!
- Nancy F
- Jacie O
- jovana s
I just met the fabulous R.L. Mathewson yesterday and what a treat it was! A nice intimate crowd of fans, gathered around as she answered some questions and we laughed over some of the “situations” that inspired a few of her scenes. AND! We met her faithful assistant “Christi” who regaled us with tidbits of her own fun friendship with the author. Wanna know some of the inside scoop? I have a some goodies right here!
Upcoming writing projects:
- More in the Pyte series, is next. Many story lines in that series are killing her and have to “come out”. She appears to be VERY excited about these. Very impassioned about what’s coming.
- She intends on writing the “In-laws from Hell” but currently it’s on the back burner. Considering some of the outrageous “in-law” stories I’ve heard over the years, I bet this is going to be hilarious!
- She is enjoying writing her “Anger Management” book. She mentioned that she loves them because there is no holding back in her writing, the story and character development. When she writes, she is careful to avoid offending readers, “using tact” (remains cautious with her storyline and words), but Anger Management will have warnings so that a reader knows what they might encounter in this book. She wants the guy to be free to be a real jerk! She tries to be careful not to offend her readers, but Anger Management will be freer.
- For example: in past books, some lines or subjects that could be considered offensive, but really helps build the back story and works, and she’s really letting go as she writes Anger Management.
- Funny things that inspired some scenes. Cake. 😉 YES! AND… I had a hard time hearing the question but, I think it was asking if the “husband in the bathroom” scene could possibly be real? The author scrunched her forehead, looked up at the ceiling, and all of the sudden, her whole face brightened abashedly and she admitted that yes, this did happen. She didn’t go into detail, but chuckled. So did we!
- She also had a few loosely detailed “insider” stories (but still obvious enough ;)) that helped build her EMT world that had us all giggling.
Pyte related info:
- Lucan will be getting his own book. When asked if he was dead (some had the impression he was, or were confused with his situation), the author confirmed he was still alive and made mention that his potential upcoming story was hinted it in a past book.
- Lucan wants freedom. His soul purpose is to get master to give him his freedom.
- Christopher was a part of the Holocaust and she’s putting it in the book. Might make some readers uncomfortable but necessary for this story.
- Has known, chatted with and skyped with R.L. Mathewson for quite awhile now, but this was the first time they actually met in person.
- Loved her books, became a super-fan, “stalked” her (her words, not mine 😉 Haha!!) and overtime became good friends. When the author’s books took off, she needed an assistant and asked Christi if she’d be willing. The rest is history!
- Please feel free to let Christi know when there are editing issues in the book (typos, etc…) as they strive to put out the best they possibly can, and want to correct any errors.
- Christi is not privy to any “insider” information about the characters and their upcoming stories. She wants to know just as badly as we do, and when she asks R.L. for some hints or even the full scoop, (for example… about “Josh”), the author just chuckles and leaves her hanging. Awwww… we feel you, Christi. We really do!
Interested in R.L. Mathewson and her books? Bargain priced and from what I’ve read so far, fantastic!
- R.L. Mathewson – Neighbors From Hell Series Reading Order (<— I was thrilled with this one. Sweet, funny, and relateable. The whole shebang! contemporary romance)
- R.L. Mathewson – Pyte/Sentinel Series Reading Order (paranormal romance – vampires and such… I haven’t read it yet, but it appears to be very popular!)
- Hollywood Heart Series Reading Order <— contemporary romance
- And a standalone at the moment –> Sudden Response (EMS Series) (also contemporary romance)
- Check out her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Rlmathewson25
- Her website: https://www.rlmathewson.com
- Her Twitter account: https://twitter.com/Rlmathewson
So that’s it for now. If I think of any more, I’ll add it.
Now, time for the giveaway!
Superfan (and my new friend!!) Angie gave me an awesome shirt to giveaway, and we had it signed by the author. The author also gave me some magnets and stickers for the giveaway, too!
- 1st prize: the XL signed “Team Bradford” shirt, 2 magnets and a sticker
- 2nd prize: a magnet and a sticker
- 3rd and 4th prize: a magnet each
How to enter for a chance to win something? Just leave a comment below, and by tomorrow, (Wednesday November 7th 2012) by 10pm EST, I will randomly select four winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd & 4th will receive an R.L. Mathewson gift as mentioned above).
The winners will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond with a mailing address (must respond by Friday November 9th 2012 – 10pm EST at the latest), so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance.
Here’s a suggestion. If you want to enter to win the book “proof”, leave your comment, and you may also pre-send me your mailing address, by email (if you haven’t already done so in the past), in case you do win (please don’t post it in your comment). In a couple of my past giveaways, there were some issues with getting the mailing address on time, so to avoid this, if I pick your name, and I already have your address, then all is good. Sorry for my international readers, this is a open to U.S. residents only (but you’re welcome to comment and join in any time!!).