What’s it about? Here’s a note direct from the author:
WARNING: HOT-BLOODED does NOT end with a happily ever after. It contains drug use and graphic sex, language, and violence. The story is intended to entertain, not to condone or glorify illegal or immoral activities. This book is unsuitable for sensitive readers and those under the age of 18.
*Written in 3rd person. Contains a cliffhanger and multiple POVs.
‘Ohana is everything…
When an accident claims her mother’s life, Keahilani Alana must take charge of her ‘ohana (family) or risk losing what little they have. With an underage brother to care for and no education, she has few options. The door to a heavenly hellish opportunity opens when she stumbles upon a valuable secret her mother left behind on the slopes of an extinct volcano—a legacy that tempts the family with riches beyond their wildest dreams. But the secret is much bigger and more sinister than they realize. As reality unravels and exposes eerie truths about the ‘ohana that should have remained deep under the mountain, Keahilani must either resist the call of her blood or risk being consumed by its darkness.
Blake Murphy is an assassin working to infiltrate a new Hawaiian cartel. His investigation reveals that Keahilani, the sexy surfing instructor he pegged as an informant, is much closer to the drug ring than he thought. Passion ignites between them in the bedroom, but their ironclad ties to opposing interests pit them against each other everywhere else.
When tensions reach the breaking point and her ‘ohana is threatened, the only cure for Keahilani’s hot-blooded fury is a loaded clip with a body bag chaser.
They don’t call her Pele for nothing.
Yep! I’ve heard this author holds no punches when it comes to her characters and their stories and many of our fellow readers LOVE her other series!
Kim: …very raw and to the point but a NICE change of pace from some of the more serious tear jerkers – I truly love a good serious book But Kendall’s series is a nice change and had me smiling…
Mari: Strings was a surprise find for me but I loved it. I love the raw raunchiness and satire of the book yet if you look deeper you see the love story is there but its not your typical love story…..I loved the colorful vocabulary and learned some new phrases… …I am a fan of Kendall’s Books and I think everyone should risk it and read these books…you don’t know what you are missing out on!
Mindy: Kendall is a truly amazing person and author. I hope you take the advise of many on this series and Just Breathe. Satisfy your curiosity and see for yourself.
Ready for some tidbits direct from the author?
Five fun facts about Kendall Grey’s upcoming suspense/thriller (with erotic elements) HOT-BLOODED, due out on July 14:
1. HOT-BLOODED is a cross between Point Break, The Sopranos, and Twin Peaks. So, if you like surfing, gangster-style grit, and psychological weirdness, this one will be right up your alley.
2. HOT-BLOODED’s heroine, Keahilani Alana, is a Hawaiian surfer chick with skeletons in her closet. She’s strong willed, independent, and more than willing to use force to get her point across.
3. The tagline for HOT-BLOODED is “‘Ohana is everything” and boy, is it ever. ‘Ohana means “family” in Hawaiian, and this book explores the nature of family—good, bad, and deadly—on many levels.
4. It’s set on the lush island of Maui where every color of the rainbow rules—and where terrifying shadows exist in places you least expect them. (Dun-dun-DAH! 😉 )
5. HOT-BLOODED is filled with Easter eggs. The main storyline is easy to follow, but readers who pay close attention will notice subtle breadcrumbs hinting at bigger things to come sprinkled throughout. Those trails will converge at the end of the series in an explosive conclusion.
Ohhhhh YES!! I think this one’ll take us on a ride!! 😀