That title says it all, and this post is just plain awesome. Not just ONE ebook for a lucky commenter, but she’s giving away 5 copies!!! FIVE lucky commenters will get her latest release, Kneel (God of Rock Book 1) and it sounds AWESOME!!
“...His face hangs on every girl’s wall. But Dash wasn’t always a rock God. Once, he was just Jamie, the boy I loved.
But when my name, sung from his lips promised I was good for only one thing, all sweet thoughts of him die.
Now his excuses mean nothing. His apologies are weak and I’m about to show the world that even rock Gods can be brought to their knees...”
Right?? Sounds angsty as all get-out, and I’m hoping she makes him (and us!) work for it. 😉
But, maybe you’d like a peek into the author? I know I would, and she really lets us in! Did you guys know she was a victim of the horrible flooding in Louisiana last year? She tells us more about it, below.
P.S. She’s a fellow insomniac. What is it with us book people and our perpetual struggle with sleep? *sigh*
Behind the Book: Five Fun Facts About Eden Butler
As readers, we get ideas…lots of crazy, goofy ideas about the characters we read and about the insane people who write those characters. I know this from personal experience, being one of those insane-reader/writer-type people. So…my personal ideas, or inspiration, or what I like to call creative mojo can all be traced back to my past, to the even insaner people I share DNA with, and the experiences that have added a little sparkle and shine to my life.
Some of that creative mojo is a little out there, but I promise, they are honest-to-God true.
Here goes…five fun facts about yours truly. Each and every one of them have had some small part of what I write, how I write or what ends up on the page after all that aforementioned writing.
1. You ever noticed the pirate mention in my bio? Well, its true. According to Ancestry.com, anyway. I spent weeks digging through leaf after leaf and finally came across a direct line from my sweet daddy to our ancestor. Turns out, on one side of the family line, I’m so American, I’m English. Our first ancestor came to America from England in 1603. He lived here long enough to father a son, then promptly died. That son went on to be Captain Thomas Straight, privateer.That happened to be a polite term for pirate. The captain had a colorful life and seemed,more than anything, determined. I have to say, that is certainly a family trait. See? Pirate. Blood. Where’s my parrot?
2. I have the most awful insomnia. It all started back in college. I was a non-traditional student with a husband and growing family. I didn’t want to miss out on kid time so I’d wait for my girls to go to sleep before I studied. As a result, I have horrible insomnia, especially since I started publishing. Hence the ginormous bags under my eyes. But that little sleep thing enables me to write a lot. Like, an insane amount of writing. Hmm…think I could land a spot on Botched and get those bags handled?
3. We lost everything we owned last year in the floods here in Louisiana. As a result, the last two books of the year I wrote in 2016, I did so in my nephew’s walk in closet. My editor bought me a card table and a fold out chair and I slid both into that big closet and wrote until my fingers ached. It was bittersweet, but like most things in life, we handled it. What else is there to do but handle the mess when it comes at you? (Okay…this may not *seem* like a “fun fact” but it is. That closet was the closest thing to a proper office that I’ve ever had. 😛
4. Romance wasn’t the first genre I wrote in. For ten years, during and after grad school, I wrote exclusively in contemporary fantasy, mostly in urban fantasy. There’s an entire vampire novel I wrote that makes me very happy when I think about it, but it will likely stay trunked. Witches and vampires and world building, oh my! Fantasy is still my first love, but I’m having too much fun writing romance to stop now.
5. This most fun I ever had only lasted ten minutes. Okay, to the average person, this might sound very sad, but honestly, it’s the truth. Universal’s Forbidden Journey ride at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is, hands down, my favorite amusement park ride and definitely the most fun I’ve had in my adult life. (Outdoors anyway). I think it’s because in those ten minutes you get to escape. You get to fly. You get to scream and laugh and feel boundless. The lines are the worst and the cost of admission is ridiculous, but it’s still money and time well spent. It’s my happy place. Sidebar: Yep. Totally Potter nerd. I admit it.
– Eden Butler
Wow!! :D!! Thank you so much for letting us get to know you better, Eden!
Now for the ebook giveaway:
Look what the author has for us! FIVE ebook copies of Kneel (God of Rock Book 1) for 5 lucky commenters here.
How to enter for a chance to win one? Just leave a comment below (and/or let us know who your current favorite music star is) and by 10pm EST, Sunday December 10th 2017, I will randomly select five winners from the commenters below.
The winners will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond to confirm their email address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. This book will be sent to the winners directly by the author.
Giveaway open to everyone (US and International).
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Eden Butler is an editor and writer of Mystery, Suspense and Contemporary Romance novels and the nine-times great-granddaughter of an honest-to-God English pirate. This could explain her affinity for rule breaking and rum.
When she’s not writing or wondering about her possibly Jack Sparrowesque ancestor, Eden patiently waits for her Hogwarts letter, edits, reads and spends way too much time watching rugby, Doctor Who and New Orleans Saints football.
She is currently living under teenage rule alongside her husband in southeast Louisiana.
Please send help.