Happy release day to two much loved authors! Both Carey Heywood and Toni Aleo have released books this month (actually, it’s “Happy Release Day” to Carey as we speak!!). And to celebrate their releases (and this fabulous week), they are having a Kindle Fire giveaway.
Plus! We get an inside scoop (Five Fun Facts!) from both of ’em about their books. 😀 Oh my!!! I’m so excited about Carey’s fact #1. 😉 Maryse DOES start with “M”. *squeeeee!!*
- Yesterday’s Half Truths is book 2 in the Carolina Days series. It focuses on Luke and Lindsay where book 1 told Clay and Courtney’s story. I seem to have a thing for my main characters sharing the same first letter of their name. Book 3 will be Mitch’s book…don’t know what I’ll name his lady yet! Hmmm, now that I think of it, Maryse starts with an M. 😛
- Luke is a personal trainer and nutritionist. I felt oddly guilty eating my favorite snack (Swedish fish) as I wrote this book. He totally would have given my crap about it.
- Like Maryse, Lindsay is also a blogger. She doesn’t blog about books though, she blogs about…well you’ll have to read to find out!
- This book is big time slow burn. At about 57,000 words they touched for the very first time. It was extremely innocent but given the build I could have used a cigarette after writing that scene. Since I don’t smoke I probably had some Swedish fish to annoy Luke.
- I have somewhat of a gigantic crush on Tom Hiddleston the actor. I named Luke’s dog Loki for him. Tom does not know this but we’re in a relationship. My husband remains unconvinced.
- Laces and Lace is the seventh novel in the Assassins series! The great thing, though, is you don’t have the read the first six to know what is going on! Each book is its own! Which is why I think the Assassins series is so special. Also, hot hockey guys truly make this series great.
- Tangled in the Laces, which is the prequel to Laces and Lace, was in the Seduced by The Game Anthology and raised over $15k for the Nashville Predators foundation! Also, $1 from the purchase of Laces and Lace goes to the Nashville Predators foundation for Pediatric Cancer research! Both books are included in Laces and Lace.
- Laces and Lace follows Lacey Martin, who is a breast cancer survivor, and Karson King, her college boyfriend, as they try to get back to what they were to each other l after nine years apart. It’s hard, though, when you have people coming at you left and right. This book focuses on the pain that cancer causes and how love can overcome anything.
- You should read this book…just for Jordie Thomas. Dude is nuts and funny and, holy crap, any part that includes him will have you peeing your pants with laughter!
- While Karson tears the ice up by being a great defensemen for the Nashville Assassins, Lacey is a lingerie creator for women who are battling or have won against cancer. She is damaged; the cancer took a part of her that she’ll never get back, but Karson will love all of her, even the damaged parts…if she would allow him to.
Now for the Kindle Fire Giveaway!
How to enter for a chance to win it? Just leave a comment, and by 10pm EST, Wednesday November 26th 2014, I will randomly select ONE winner for the prize above.
The winner will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond with a mailing address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. This book will be sent to the winners directly by the authors.
Open to International!