Looking for something to read? Keep checking back as this list will grow.
TAKE A LOOK AT WHAT WE FOUND FOR THE WEEKEND !!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited for a THREE month free trial!
➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP <— 30 day FREE TRIAL!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— THREE MONTH FREE TRIAL!!!
- Plays Well With Others: How to Date Your Best Friend by Lauren Blakely <— LIVE!! SHE WANTS TO GET BACK ON THE HORSE & HER BEST GUY FRIEND PROPOSES A SITUATION 😉 “...since the charming and confident pro football star owes five public dates to his dating app sponsor, we make a deal to help each other out. Pretty soon, our public how to date lessons turn into, ahem, very private ones. And I’m a star student, graduating quickly from flirty banter and lingering looks to toe-curling, sheet-grabbing, mind-blowing hours of physical education. The problem? Turns out learning to date again feels a lot like the real thing...”
- The Sentinel: A Steamy Romantic Suspense (Club Southside Book 3) by Delta James <— LIVE!!
- Secret Baby for My Silver Fox Billionaire: A One-Night Stand Second Chance Romance by Gracie Sage <— LIVE!!
- Before We Fall by Aurora Rose Reynolds <— RECENT RELEASE & SARA LOVED IT!!
Sara: Before We Fall by Aurora Rose it was epic and very well written. I thought the whole premise of the story was new and innovative.
Barbara: I’m reading it now. It’s so good!
- Darling Venom by Parker S. Huntington <— BACK ON THE LIST ‘CAUSE MO IS LOVING IT!!
Mo: Hi Maryse! I am reading a book right now that I think you would love if you haven’t read it already! Darling Venom by: Parker S. Huntington Tear jerker but so good!!
MichelleS: I recently finished “Darling Venom”, by Parker Huntington. It’s KU, so I gave it a try. I’m glad I did. The cover makes you think it’s going to be some cheesy romance. It’s absolutely not. It’s a complicated story of love and loss and trying to find your way in the aftermath. There’s a sister relationship that had me interested. A “his brother” relationship. Then there’s “his dad”…. it’s just a really great read. Don’t judge this book by it’s cover.
- Until I Get You by Claire Contreras <— RECENT RELEASE & CRISTI LOVES THIS ONE! She commented when I asked our Facebook crew what is their best book of the years so far…
Cristi: Until I Get You by Claire Contreras. Lachlan and Lyla just stay with you.
- Jasmine’s Homecoming — Jasmine (Anderson Heirs, Book 3) (The Andersons, Book 15) by Melody Anne <— LIVE!! SHE HAS AMNESIA!! “…When FBI Special Agent Jasmine Anderson wakes up in a hospital bed with no memory of who she is, her only clue to her identity is the ring on her finger. It’s inscribed with the name Hunter. She doesn’t know what this means . . . but he does…”
- Forever Goals (Rixon High) by L A Cotton <— LIVE!! ONE SUMMER APART & THEN IT’S FOREVER OR WILL THEY SURVIVE IT? “…Lily Ford has worked hard to overcome her fears over the last four years. The doubt. The crippling anxiety. A future she wants for herself and the love of her life. So why does watching Kaiden go off to rookie training camp feel like a test she might not pass? One summer apart and then it’s forever. But will their relationship survive life after graduation, moving to a new town, and most of all, football?”
- A Christmas Cruise Caper: A Short Christmas Story by Judith Keim <— LIVE!!
- Stealing the Show by Lucy Lennox <— LIVE!!
- Down to You by Lauren Lieberman <— RECENT RELEASE & TODAY’S NEWSLETTER SPONSOR!! HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND OBLITERATED HER HEART… “...Years later Lila and Lucas reconnect as adults when they run into each other at a local bar, and the attraction is still palpable—all the old feelings are there and more intense than ever. This time they are determined not to let the past come between them as their sweet but spicy romance heats up again. But during a tumultuous weekend getaway to the beach, a misunderstanding snowballs and tears them apart a second time. Four months and minimal contact later they are about to be reunited in Mexico for her brother’s nuptials…”
- Evil Love: A Dark Enemies to Lovers Bully Romance by Ella Fields <— AIMEE OUR RESIDENT BOOK LOVER/RECOMMENDER HAS A 5-STAR ONE FOR US!
Aimee: Sooooooo. I’ve been missing in action do to travel baseball! I finally have a book to write about!
Evil Love by Ella Fields! Enemies to lovers romance secret high school obsession over the boy next door by the female lead! It was 5* loved it! Ella has some good ones that I will have to reread since it’s been a few years since last I’ve read them. Major Trigger book!! It’s the outcome of a couple who were head over heels in love but a *spoiler spoiler* tore them and friends apart…. I had to take a break do to it triggering a nightmare… it was beautifully written about how they handled their lives after the *spoiler*… such a tough one to read but 5* worthy if you get a chance….
Alicia: My absolute favorite song right now is from the Evil Love playlist by Ella Fields. It’s called Way Down We Go by Kaleo.
- Mermaid Mayhem: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: (Eerie Investigations) (Misty Hollow Book 1) by H.P. Mallory and J.R. Rain <— LIVE!! SHE’S A MERMAID/SIREN & INVESTIGATOR! “…My name is Marina Estuary, and I’m a mermaid. Actually, I’m a lot more than a mermaid—I’m a siren, but I have to keep that little tidbit on the down-low. Why? Because anyone who hears the song of the siren will either lose their mind or become desperately in love with me. That’s usually a buzzkill to most people. Anyway, not only am I a siren-in-hiding, but I’m also a private investigator. And I’ve been called to the newest of the supernatural hollows, Misty Hollow, to investigate the disappearance of three women…”
- Beautiful Series by Sara Cate <— NANCY LOVES THESE BIG TIME!!
Nancy: This is impossible but Beautiful Monster & Beautiful Sinner by Sara Cate are definitely on my best list!
- The Summer Palace: A Midlife Fairy Tale by Kristen Painter <— LIVE!! SHE WANTS TO BROKER PEACE BETWEEN TWO KINGDOMS… “...Newly crowned queen of the Radiant fae, Sparrow “Ro” Meadowcroft has two goals. First, to show her fae subjects that despite growing up in the mortal realm, she plans to honor the customs and practices of her new world. Second, to reunite the Radiant fae with the Grym fae. Or at least broker peace between the two estranged kingdoms. How? By returning to the Summer Palace, an old tradition that once brought both kingdoms and their rulers together for a time of relaxation and fellowship…”
- Secrets of the Brother: A Dark Enemies to Lovers Romance (Cavalieri Billionaire Legacy Book 3) by Zoe Blake <— LIVE!!
- Nothing. Everything by Virginia Montanez <— AMY RECOMMENDS THIS ONE!
Amy: Try this book! It’s great. All the feels.
She’s a local author and historian in my hometown. She writes blogs and Substack columns now. She’s hilarious. This is her first novel. I knew I needed to check it out. It didn’t disappoint! I think your readers will like it too.
- Jenna (Halliday Hotels Book 3) by Elizabeth Lennox <— LIVE!!
- The Anti-hero (The Goode Brothers) by Sara Cate <— LIVE!! HE WAS ONCE VIRTUOUS, BUT NO MORE!! “…everything changes when I find out my father is a VIP member of a local kink club. A liar. A cheater. A hypocrite. Now, I’m done being righteous. And when the club owner’s jaded girlfriend comes to me with a proposal, I can’t resist. Sage is nothing like the women I’ve dated before. Pink hair, tattoos, piercings. I know it’ll burn my father’s reputation to the ground when she and I are seen together. But our fake dating scheme isn’t enough. We need videos—dirty videos. The more we film these scenes, the more I like it...”
- A 4th Full of Rage (Rage MC Book 20) by Elizabeth N. Harris <— LIVE!!
- Brave (Love and Secrets Book 2) by M.A. Innes <— LIVE!!
- ALICE LOVES BOTH OF THESE THE MOST THIS YEAR, SO FAR…
Alice: My two favorite genres are contemporary romance and historical fiction. Here are my favorites so far this year
Contemporary romance – REVERSE by Kate Stewart. ( Book number two in the Bitter Sweet Symphony duet). ￼ I wish I could read this one again for the first time it’s so good.
Historical fiction – THE RIVIERA HOUSE by Natasha Lester. WW2 story about how the Germans were stealing all the art from Paris.
- The Man Upstairs by Jade West <— LIVE!! BLURB JOLT!!!!!! SHE WAS WARNED TO AVOID HIM LIKE THE PLAGUE & THEN ONE DAY SHE NEEDED HELP… “…The man upstairs in apartment six doesn’t belong here, in our rundown block on the slum side of the city. High-class and educated, suited and booted, and at least thirty years my senior. Yes. Thirty whole years. But that doesn’t matter, he’s absolutely gorgeous. What does matter is, they say he’s a disgraced teacher that preys on his college students. A filthy, sick man, who deserves prison. Other residents are always repeating the same morbid mantra. Rosie, don’t ever talk to that dirty freak upstairs, no matter what. Don’t you dare! So, I did what I was told and stayed out of his way, and I never, ever talked to the man upstairs. Not until one crazy bad night, in total desperation, when I had nowhere else to turn…”
- How Much For The Whole Night? (Shadow Team Book 1) by RJ Scott <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!!
- How the Necromancer in the Gold Vest Saved My Life: Disaster #1 (Princes of Mayhem) by Jocelynn Drake <— LIVE!! M/M ROMANCE!! THE NECROMANCER & HIS HUMAN NEIGHBOR 😉 “…Nolan is the hot but grumpy goth boy who lives across the street from perpetually sunny necromancer Sky. Nolan wants nothing to do with Sky. That is until his older brother is on the run from a local vampire clan after he failed to deliver on a promise. Nolan is about to learn that vampires, shifters, witches, and magic are very real. He needs an expert to guide him through this dangerous world. It’s Sky’s time to shine! And just maybe he can win the heart of a grumpy introvert. (Assuming he doesn’t scare the man to death first.)”
- Ramsey: Paranormal Council Enforcers Book Nine by Taylor Rylan <— LIVE!!
- Ruthless Rebel (Ruthless Brothers MC Book 2) by KC Kean <— LIVE!! BIKER BOOK! “…my past and present are on a collision course set on destruction. And while truths have been revealed, nothing can fully prepare you for an evil that never sleeps. All Hell has broken loose and the Devil is on our doorstep. But I’m ruthless to the core, a rebel til the end, and I’ll protect what’s mine til my last breath...”
- Try Me: A small-town, opposites-attract, enemies-to-lovers romantic comedy (Cherry Blossom Lake Romantic Comedies Book 1) by Tawna Fenske <— LIVE!!
- Forever Midnight (Immortal Assassins Book 2) by Mia Monroe <— LIVE!!
- Rage (Iron Tzars MC 6): A Bones MC Romance by Marteeka Karland <— LIVE!!
- Up in Flames by Eden Finley & Saxon James <— LIVE!!! M/M ROMANCE!! WEDDING WENT UP IN FLAMES BUT… “…When it’s your job as groomsman to tell the groom his wedding isn’t happening, the smartest thing to do is get it over and done with and then tell the guests to leave. Yeah, well, I never said I was smart. I might … accidentally, maybe on purpose, suggest to Remy that the best form of revenge is to have a party anyway. I mean, he’s already got catering, a DJ, and guests, so what better time to throw a petty party? My loser high school friend never deserved him anyway. If I’d had the chance, I would have locked Remy down years ago. Only, when the party leads to a drunken kiss, going on their honeymoon, and sharing their marital bed, I have to say, I’m not entirely sad that their wedding went up in flames…”
- Saving Rain by Kelsey Kingsley <— THEY WANTED HIM TO BE A HERO BUT THE OPPOSITE HAPPENED… “… All I ever wanted to be was a good person, someone my grandparents could be proud of, but for a long time, I couldn’t find the strength to be proud of myself. I paid the price. I did my time. Yet … somehow, I got lucky. I was given a second chance to do better, to be the man I always believed I could be. And after finding the love I never knew I deserved, I’m starting to wonder if there’s still room for me to be a hero after all …”
Marie: Saving Rain by Kelsey Kingsley is just spectacular… it’s out tomorrow and it’s my book of the year! Nothing like it and a turnaround for the author. Take a look you won’t be disappointed
Maryse: Absolutely!! I’ll add it to tomorrow’s Friday Finds list.
- Mad Honey: A Novel by Jodi Picoult <— RECENT JODI PICOULT RELEASE & MEGAN LISTED IT AS HER FAVORITE BOOK OF THE YEAR SO FAR…
Megan: Mad honey! So heart breaking and thought provoking!
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— THREE MONTH FREE TRIAL!!!
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Ro Bro by JA Huss and Johnathan McClain <— ROCHELLE LOVED IT!
Rochelle: Finished the Ro Bro by JA Huss and Johnathan McClain. I recommend this for all romance readers. It is about the life of romance writers put into a romance book. The audio is great, Julia Whelan and Johnathan are fantastic. They do cover many gripes we have as readers.
- Plays Well With Others: How to Date Your Best Friend by Lauren Blakely
- The Summer Palace: A Midlife Fairy Tale by Kristen Painter
- The Anti-hero (The Goode Brothers) by Sara Cate
- Secrets of the Brother: A Dark Enemies to Lovers Romance (Cavalieri Billionaire Legacy Book 3) by Zoe Blake
- Black Tangled Heart: A Standalone Second Chance Enemies-to-Lovers Romance by Samantha Young <— KIMBERLY LOVED IT!!
Kimberly: Book is a couple years old… But I just listened to it for the first time & OMG….Heart Wrenching … I
Maryse: And check out the “book cover” version. OMG I’m in love with it. I wish she’d make her audiobook have that same cover. It’s intoxicating.
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Resonance Surge (Psy-Changeling Trinity Book 7) by Nalini Singh – July 18, 2023
- Lost Crowne: An Enemies to Lovers Romance (The Crowne Brothers) by CD Reiss – July 18, 2023
- Only Good Enemies: A Galactic Bonds Book by Jennifer Estep – July 18, 2023
- Kiss Me: A Small Town, Marriage of Convenience, Workplace, Standalone Romance (The Donovans Book 5) by Samantha Chase | Jul 18, 2023
- To Have and to Heist by Sara Desai | Jul 18, 2023
- The Singularity of Cookies: A Novel by Delise Torres | Jul 18, 2023
- 24 Hours in Italy by Romi Moondi | Jul 18, 2023
- A Soul of Ash and Blood: A Blood and Ash Novel (Blood And Ash Series Book 5) by Jennifer L. Armentrout- July 18th 2023
- The Art of Dying (Crash and Burn Book 3) by Jamie McGuire | Jul 18, 2023
- Sammy Espinoza’s Last Review: A Novel by Tehlor Kay Mejia | Jul 18, 2023
- The Setup: A Single in Seattle Novel by Kristen Proby | Jul 18, 2023
- Never Met a Duke Like You (Taming of the Dukes) by Amalie Howard | Jul 18, 2023
- The Riven Thief: A Stone Veil Novel (Chronicles of the Stone Veil Book 9) by Sawyer Bennett – July 18, 2023
- The Summer Girl: An Avalon Bay Novel by Elle Kennedy – July 18, 2023
- Blaze: A Little Red Riding Hood Dark Fairy Tale Retelling (Happily Never After Book 10) by H.P. Mallory – July 19, 2023
- Beauty in Chaos by Nacole Stayton – July 20, 2023
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ Have a reader recommendation for me? Have a reader question? Wanna talk books? Contact me here 🙂
➔➔➔ AUTHORS with book review requests can contact me here 🙂