From No to O (A Why Choose Romantic Comedy) <— SHE HAS A SEX ADVICE COLUMN BUT SHE’S NEVER… 😉 *ahem… you know* IT’S A RECENT RELEASE & the author is celebrating with
- an intro note from her,
- fun facts,
- a signed book giveaway for a lucky winner, PLUS
- she’s given us a FREE novella download link for everyone below!
- AND!!! She’s today’s newsletter sponsor!!
Wanted: just one guy who understands that the Big O is not just another letter in the alphabet.
I may have a “Sex & Love” advice column, but I also have a big, scandalous secret.
I’ve never, actually, had my own Big O.
Not even close. And DIY ain’t cutting it.
My readers think I have it all: glamour, brains, and an enviable sex life.
But behind my fancy words, I live in fear of being found out.
Losing it all… without a happy ending.
Enter my dude-roommate and his hot friends.
They get wind of my dilemma and scheme together to help me cross the finish line.
Sometimes it takes a village.
Or in my case, three dreamy, devoted men.
But nothing in my life is ever simple.
I may have started out looking for my Big O, but thanks to them, I have a whole alphabet of new desires.
I started this story, like I do all my books, by asking a question. In From No to O, it was, “What if a sex columnist has never had her own Big O?” Talk about the ultimate imposter syndrome! That’s something we all experience from time to time, and of course, since this is a romcom, it was really drawn out and angsty, leaving my FMC terrified of being found out. What ensues is a series of comical events as she, her friends, and her sexy boy-roommate and his buddies, all try to help her.
I often give my FMCs a job I’ve had in my past (shitty restaurant job? been there!) OR jobs I think would be super cool, like working at a fancy, glossy, women’s magazine. It sounds incredibly glamorous on one hand, but also as if, beneath the surface, stressful and at times soul-crushing. Having these twenty- and thirty-somethings navigate that world was the best fun I’ve had in a long time. Just don’t tell Mister Mika Lane that!
I’m obsessively committed to Why Choose/Reverse Harem stories, as I have been for years. They are my favorite fantasies, in part because it’s such a departure from my real life—Mister Mika Lane would not look kindly on my telling him I’m adding more men to our happy little world. Hey, just like readers like to escape, so do writers!
Ava, in her quest to find her way, stumbles, falls, gets back up again, and falls again, just like we all do. I think everyone can see a bit of themselves in her, whether our challenge is obtaining a Big O, or just trying to get up in the morning when it’s really hard.
I don’t mind giving my characters a hard time. It’s fun to watch them wade through their messes. Sometimes it’s awkward and painful, but they come out shining on the other side, just like the rest of us can.
And who doesn’t need a couple more laughs in their life? I know I do.
Facts about me:
- I wrote my first book in fourth grade. It’s called The Day I Ate the Milkyway and I still have it, made of construction paper and colored with crayons.
- I had the Mister paint my home office a really girly pink so he’d never want to hang out in it. So far, it’s working, and I’m getting tons of work done.
- I am often humbled to tears by the kind words of my readers, who are encouraging, respectful, share bits of their lives with me, and have great senses of humor.
- Writing romance is literally, one thousand percent, my dream job. I only wish I’d started sooner (been at this six-ish years), but on the other hand, I think I needed to go through the life experiences I did to be able to write what I do.
- My sisters won’t read my books. They say reading my sex scenes would just be too weird, but they love sex scenes written by other authors! Cracks me up.
Signed copy of From No to O
How to enter for a chance to win it?
Just leave a comment below, and by 10pm EST, Sunday October 8th, 2023, I will randomly select one lucky commenter as the winner.
The winner will be contacted and will have 48hrs to respond confirming their mailing address, so if you are picked, do not delay or you will lose your chance. The signed book & gift card will be sent to the winner by the author.
Open to international!!! 😀
P.S. For everyone here right now, here’s a free novella to download: https://dl.bookfunnel.com/wrcpoo6l6d
- Kiss Me More – Doja Cat
- Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles
- Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa
- Beyonce – Naughty Girl
- Body – Megan The Stallion
Here I sit, Ava Sterling, ‘sexpert’ and resident femme fatale, immersed in Glisten’s world of glossy pages and designer fragrances, offering advice and insights on a world I am only vaguely familiar with. I, queen of sex tips, am a fraud, a hack, a poseur, and a fake-a*s storyteller.
“Don’t even think about getting with Ava. Her brother is a brute, and you don’t want to get on his bad side. My best advice? Keep her in the friend zone.”
I throw my arms up. “What? Andy doesn’t live within hundreds of miles of New York. Why would I give a shit about him?”
Seriously. Over-protective older brother doesn’t want his college buddy nor his friends hitting on his sister. Story as old as time. But he’s several states away. I don’t give a fuck about any of his hang-ups, even if he is a friend.