<— HAPPY NEW RELEASE DAY!!! And what a release day it is!! Not only is one of my most heartfelt, favorite, devastating and exhilarating love stories super-bargain priced today (PS, I Love You: A Novel), but the sequel (one I was never expecting – Postscript) has IS LIVE TODAY!!! Yep… that one to the left!! 😀
So let’s talk about blurb jolts! Dead to Her (marital strife psych-thriller, and her husband is looking too closely at her boss’s new wife), Fries Before Guys (Lani Lynn Vale’s latest, and he’s the hot cop that totally rebuffed the mousy girl that got up the nerve to ask him out – GASP!!!), That Secret Crush (Meghan Quinn’s latest!! He’s had a crush on his best friend’s sister for years…) Close to Me (Monica Murphy’s latest!! They’re that toxic couple in high school and he keeps ripping her heart out, and she keeps going back to him!), Crosscheck (hot hockey player is the father of one of her students…)
And while you’re here, don’t forget to check out:
- Monday Early Bird Book Releases – 02-10-2020 <— Yesterday’s and it has a stalker-thriller that has me so intrigued!!!
- Reader Favorites – Romance in Alaska Book Recommendations
- Reader Question… Solved! The college romance book set in Australia with a tall & thin heroine & a hero that doesn’t talk much <— SO MUCH nostalgia in this answer! I remember this one from our early indie days and it was all the rage for a while!
Not a member of Audible yet? Get a free 30 day audible trial (which includes 1 free audiobook + 2 audible originals)
- AND! Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) – used to be called the “Romance” package <— this one is SO cool, and worth it (unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons – kind of like Kindle Unlimited)!!
- The Bedroom Experiment by Kendall Ryan
- Dead to Her: A Novel by Sarah Pinborough
- Postscript by Cecilia Ahern
- Sisters by Choice: Blackberry Island, Book 4 by Susan Mallery
- Weather: A Novel by Jenny Offill
- The Spinster Who Saved a Scoundrel: The Brethren, Book 5 by Christi Caldwell
- Sated in Ink: Montgomery Ink: Boulder, Book 2 by Carrie Ann Ryan
- Tell Me What You Want – Or Leave Me: Tell Me What You Want, Book 3 by Megan Maxwell
- Love, Unscripted: A Novel by Owen Nicholls
- The Best Thing by Mariana Zapata
- The Weekend Wedding Assistant: A Novel by Rachel GladstoneThe Weekend Wedding Assistant: A NovelThe Weekend Wedding Assistant: A NovelThe Weekend Wedding Assistant: A Novel
- Above and Beyond: Twist of Fate, Book 4 by Lucy Lennox
- Doctor’s Orders: Dr. Sawyer by Brittany Dreams
- The Authenticity Project: A Novel by Clare Pooley
- Risk Taker: Mixed Messages, Book 3 by Lily Morton
- Dragon’s Desire (A Dragon Shifter Paranormal Romance): The Dragon Realm, Book 3 by Selena Scott
- Epic: Him, Book 2.5 by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy
- Keeper: A Friends to Lovers Standalone Romance by Harloe Rae
- Straight as a Wheel: Sex & Mayhem Series, Book 11 by K.A. Merikan
- Grown Ups by Marian Keyes
READER RECOMMENDATIONS & BARGAIN FINDS:
- PS, I Love You: A Novel by Cecilia Ahern <— ONE OF MY FAVORITE LOVE STORIES/TEARJERKERS is super-bargain priced right now!!! AND!! The sequel was just released!!! “…Childhood sweethearts, they can finish each other’s sentences and even when they fight, they laugh. No one can imagine Holly and Gerry without each other. Until the unthinkable happens. Gerry’s death devastates Holly. But as her 30th birthday looms, Gerry comes back to her. He’s left her a bundle of notes, one for each of the months after his death, gently guiding Holly into her new life without him, each note signed ‘PS, I Love You’…”
- Sweeter Than Chocolate: Valentine’s Day Anthology <— ANTHOLOGY SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “…sixteen sweet and spicy stories from some of your favorite USA Today and Amazon Bestselling Authors…”
- Twice in a Blue Moon by Christina Lauren <— CHRISTINA LAUREN SUPER-SALE ALERT!!!
Michele G: I finished Christina Lauren’s Twice in a Blue Moon over the weekend. I think reviews have been all over the place, but I really enjoyed it. It was a 4 1/2 star read for me! It’s another one where I highly recommend you go into it knowing as little as possible. It really will make the story so much more enjoyable.
Harper: Thanks for the recommendation, Michele! I read twice in a blue moon too and really liked it. I like everything Christina Lauren writes. Her characters tend to be mature and know how to communicate. Thats what really attracts me to them. Its really rare with the new books in contemporary romance that the H and h don’t linger in miscommunication and resolve their problems in a reasonable way and time frame. I love the character development as well.
- The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen <— L.J. SHEN’S RECENT RELEASE IS SUPER-BARGAIN PRICED TODAY!!!! And this one is a HUGE favorite in our crew. HE IS A MEANIE!!!! 😀
MichelleS: Y’all I just finished The Kiss Thief. Another 5 star read! I’m on a roll here. Could not put it down. …Still thinking about that one and replaying scenes in my head. That Wolfe is a big bad alpha. And everyone has secrets. Every page has me saying, “he did NOT just do that” or “he did NOT just say that”.
Mona: I totally agree with D.G., The Kiss Thief was unputdownable (is that a word??) for me! Sooo good!!
D.G.: …I am HOOKED!!! My catnip…bully and arranged marriage. Not too far in yet but that Wolfe is a big ole meanie!
Aditi: Read “The kiss thief” it will satisfy you completely and you will be head over heels for this book
Donna: OMG…I LOVED THIS BOOK
- Las Vegas Sidewinders Box Set Volume 3 by Kat Mizera <— HOCKEY SERIES BUNDLE SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! “...The Sidewinders Hockey Players heat up the ice & melt your heart! This limited-edition boxset includes books eight, nine and ten of the Sidewinders series, and a never-before-released short story, so get ready to binge!“
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES:
- Thief of Dreams (Court of Dreams Book 1) by Bec McMaster <— Twenty brides. One prince. Who will survive when the competition turns deadly?
- Salvation in Darkness (Misplaced Halos Book 2) by Nicole Edwards
- Paladin’s Grace by T. Kingfisher
- Iron Master (Shifters Unbound Book 12) by Jennifer Ashley
- Savage Claim: A Shifting Destinies Lion Shifter Romance (Lion Hearts Book 2) by Cecilia Lane
- The Brimstone Journals: Collection Three by Angel Martinez
- Fated Despair (Angel’s Fate Book 4) by Tessa Cole
- Mission: Guardian Angel (Veslor Mates Book 2) by Laurann Dohner <— HUMAN WOMAN CURIOUS ABOUT THESE ALIENS… “…Ever since her friend Vivian mated a Veslor, Abby Thomas has been curious about the mysterious aliens. She also has a vested interest in making sure their newfound relationship with United Earth is a success, prompting her to take a job on a military vessel to ensure the Veslor grouping stationed there are treated fairly. It doesn’t hurt that they’re easy to look at. When one Veslor in particular catches her attention, she hopes he’s nothing like the humans she’s dated…”
- Lost Girl (Rosewood Realm Book 2) by Dee Garcia
- Breaking: Book 2 After the Thaw by Heidi Catherine and Tamar Sloan <— MUST BE READ IN ORDER! “...Only the chosen shall breed. Four teens must face the fallout of the Proving. Three have made it through. One has not…”
- Royally Hitched: The Fae Prince: (The Dark Fae Series, Book 1) by G.K. DeRosa
- Their Shifter Academy 3: Undone by May Dawson
- Hope’s Journey: A Paranormal Triad Romance (A Different Kind of Love Book 1) by Serena Simspon
- Where The Beautiful Creatures Are: Volume 2 by Michele Hauf
- Dead on Arrival (Cold Case Psychic Book 14) by Pandora Pine <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- A Vampire’s Honor (Ellowyn Found Book 3) by Kayleigh Sky <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- The Language of Cherries by Jen Marie Hawkins <— Michele G found us this one and LOVED it!!!
Michele G: Maryse, I have to let you know about another book I read that releases today. It’s The Language of Cherries by Jen Marie Hawkins. I’m pretty sure she’s a debut author. It’s a YA Romance that has a touch of magical realism.
It is set is Iceland and has a damaged hero who has endured a horrible tragedy and a heroine who is battling issues with her family. It’s poetic and lyrical and I adored it.
I gave it 5 huge stars. Now, it really may not be everyone’s cup of tea. However, I felt like I should put it out there just in case in appeals to someone else the way it did to me.
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES:
- Dead to Her: A Novel by Sarah Pinborough <— MARITAL STRIFE/PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! Oh you KNOW this one is calling me name!! “...Marcie’s affair with Jason Maddox catapulted her into the world of the elite. Old money, old ties, old secrets. Marcie may have married into this world— but she’ll never be part of it. …Then Jason’s boss brings back a new wife from his trip to London. Young, attractive, reckless—nobody can take their eyes off Keisha. Including Marcie’s husband…”
Michele G: I’m currently reading Dead to Her by Sarah Pinborough and HOLY COW is it fun! It’s gotten some early mixed reviews but I’m really enjoying it. I have about 10% left and wish I was home reading… but I’m at work…so I won’t know how it ends until later…ugh! That said, it’s set in Savannah and even though most of the characters appear to be uber wealthy, none of them seem to have much moral character. It is a twisty little mystery and I have my theories as to who is behind everything….
Maryse: Wooohoooo!!!! And I just woohoo’d over the fact that I just got a copy of “Dead To Her” by Sarah Pinborough!!!!! YAY!!!!!
Tasha J: Omg, I love the cover! I hadn’t heard of it, but fans of Liane Moriarty? Sign me up! Can’t wait to see what you think!!
- Postscript by Cecilia Ahern – SEQUEL TO PS, I LOVE YOU!! “...Sixteen years after Cecelia Ahern’s bestselling phenomenon PS, I Love You captured the hearts of millions, the long-awaited sequel follows Holly as she helps strangers leave their own messages behind for loved ones...” P.S…. PS, I Love You: A Novel is super-bargain priced right now!! 😀
- Safe Harbor (Lantern Beach Blackout Book 2) by Christy Barritt
- The Spinster Who Saved a Scoundrel (The Brethren Book 5) | by Christi Caldwell <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!!
- Skyler’s Wanna-Be Wife: Christmas Brides for Billionaire Brothers (Seven Sons Ranch in Three Rivers Romance Book 6) by Liz Isaacson
- Fries Before Guys (SWAT Generation 2.0 Book 2) by Lani Lynn Vale <— LANI LYNN VALE ALERT!! HOT COP REBUFFS HER… “…The first time Avery Flynn saw Derek Roberts, she was photographing him for the first annual Kilgore Police Department SWAT calendar. He was leaned back in his squad car, shirtless, and giving her a smile that was completely between them. A smile that hinted at what he wanted to do to her later. When she scrounges up the courage to ask him out after the photoshoot, he laughs in her face. Well, screw you, too, Mr. February...”
- Sisters by Choice: A Novel (Blackberry Island Book 4) by Susan Mallery
- Critical Doubt (Off The Grid: FBI Series Book 7) by Barbara Freethy
- Summer Beach: Seabreeze Sunset by Jan Moran
- The Bedroom Experiment by Kendall Ryan <— KENDALL RYAN ALERT!!! “When your stepbrother is a hot hockey stud with more notches in his bedpost than, well anyone, he’s the perfect candidate to help you gain a little bedroom experience. At least that’s my plan this V-day…”
- Bachelor Games in Good Hope (A Good Hope Novel Book 12) by Cindy Kirk
- Cream (Gimme Series Book 4) by C.M. Steele
- How the Lady Was Won (The Survivors Book 7) by Shana Galen
- Tell Me What You Want-Or Leave Me by Megan Maxwell
- Hellion at Heart (League of Unweddable Gentlemen Book 2) by Tamara Gill
- Falling For Her Rescuer: Brotherhood Protectors World by Christine Glover
- Epic (Him Book 3) by Sarina Bowen & Elle Kennedy <— SARINA BOWEN & ELLE KENNEDY ALERT!!! “They’re back! Epic is a novella about your favorite hockey duo. Jamie and Wes are having a blast living and working in Toronto. Until a scout for another team swoops in to make one of them an offer that might complicate the life they’ve built together.“
- Weather: A novel by Jenny Offill <— SHE’S HIRED TO ANSWER EMAILS FOR A POPULAR PODCAST… “…to answer the mail she receives: from left-wingers worried about climate change and right-wingers worried about the decline of western civilization. As Lizzie dives into this polarized world, she begins to wonder what it means to keep tending your own garden once you’ve seen the flames beyond its walls. When her brother becomes a father and Sylvia a recluse, Lizzie is forced to address the limits of her own experience – but still she tries to save everyone, using everything she’s learned about empathy and despair, conscience and collusion, from her years of wandering the library stacks…. And all the while, the voices of the city keep floating in – funny, disturbing, and increasingly mad...”
- That Secret Crush (Getting Lucky Book 3) by Meghan Quinn <— MEGHAN QUINN ALERT!! HIS SECRET CRUSH ON HIS BEST FRIEND’S SISTER… “…after a terrible falling-out with Eric involving a failed restaurant venture and plenty of blame on both sides, I’m back in Port Snow without my best friend and without any direction. But can you guess who’s here? Eve. And my attraction to her is as strong as ever. As old feelings rush back, Eve and I find ourselves pulled together, whether we like it or not…”
- The Winter Companion (Parish Orphans of Devon Book 4) by Mimi Matthews
- A Cat in the Attic Mystery: The Case of the Cupid Caper by Kathi Daley
- Marquess of Malice: Regency Romance (Lords of Scandal Book 2) by Tammy Andresen
- Sated in Ink (Montgomery Ink: Boulder Book 2) by Carrie Ann Ryan <— CARRIE ANN RYAN ALERT!! THREE IN A TANGLED STEAMY RELATIONSHIP!! “...Holland Yeaton made a horrible mistake, and running out on her wedding seemed like the only thing to do at the time. Taking the next step of her life on her own won’t be easy, but now she has two sexy and bearded strangers to help her figure out exactly what she desires...”
- Legacy Reclaimed (Legacy Series Book 3) by Robin Patchen
- Expired Refuge (Last Chance County Book 1) by Lisa Phillips
- Cover Me: A sexy romantic comedy by Stephanie Bond
- Saving Love: Brotherhood Protectors World (Saving Series Book 1) by Jen Talty
- Close to Me by Monica Murphy <— THAT TOXIC COUPLE & HE KEEPS RIPPING HER HEART OUT!! “…We are that toxic high school couple you hear about, the one you witness in the hallway as they avoid each other. You laugh at them in class when they’re forced to work together, their gazes full of hatred. We are the couple you gossip about when they win homecoming prince and princess their sophomore year… The back and forth is what kills me the most. I’m not his princess, I’m the girl he toys with when he’s bored. And he’s definitely not my prince, no matter how badly I want him to be. Finally it’s our senior year and we’re months away from never having to see each other again when disaster strikes—and brings us closer together…”
- Lady & The Biker (Royal Bastards MC) by Glenna Maynard
- Guarding Lauren: Brotherhood Protectors World (Texas Guardians Book 1) by Barb Han
- Crosscheck (Northbrook Hockey Elite Book 4) by Rebecca Connolly, Heather B. Moore, Sophia Summers <— THE TEACHER & THE HOCKEY PLAYER/FATHER OF HER STUDENT ALERT!! “…Mara Matthews is a regular woman with a regular job and a regular life. Then she meets the father of one of her little students, and regular becomes the last word to describe her life. Zane is intense, funny, charming, and drop dead gorgeous; he shouldn’t pay any attention to someone like her...”
- Prodigal (Lost and Found Book 1) by TA Moore <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Jock Blocked by Noah Harris <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- The Luxembourg Betrayal: An International Legacies Romance by Camilla Stevens
- Sam’s Folly (Midnight Sons Book 1) by Carmen DeSousa <— SHE’S HIDING OUT IN ALASKA!! “…After witnessing a murder, Nora Molina needs to get away–fast–and her best hope to escape without her passport is Alaska. A native of Argentina, Nora’s accustomed to harsh winters and high elevation, so she gets more than a little irritated when some tracker thinks she needs rescuing. Even if he is get-out sexy. And even if he’s the guy she stood up before leaving town. It’s going to be a long few days…”
- The Marshal’s Protection: Brotherhood Protectors World by Kendra Mei Chailyn
- Sweet Texas Kiss (Sweet Texas Secrets Book 1) by Monica Tillery
- Love, Unscripted: A Novel by Owen Nicholls <— Peppered with references to beloved movies, Love, Unscripted explores how even a hopeless romantic can learn that in real life, love isn’t—shouldn’t be—like what we see in the movies.
- Worth Repeating (Worth It All Book 1) by Elizabeth Perry <— THEY’RE FROM DIFFERENT WORLDS but they ignited each other… “...Abby Daron is inked into my soul. She’s been in a tragic accident, and has lost all memory of the person that she used to be. With an old letter clutched in her hand, she’s desperate for answers, and thinks that I’m the person who can give them to her. Someone should have warned her to stay away from me. She has no idea just how dangerous I am for her...”
- The Weekend Wedding Assistant by Rachel Gladstone <— HER FIANCE DIED JUST BEFORE THEY WERE TO BE MARRIED… “…Julia is grief stricken and inconsolable and despite the fact that she’s surrounded by her best gal pals, her parents and Lincoln Douglas, who was on Mt, Katahdin with Aaron when he died, she loses her grip on reality and quickly starts unravelling at the seams. Returning to Whitfield in search of closure she happens upon the Chapel’s Wedding Director who offhandedly mentions that they’re looking for a Weekend Wedding Assistant and before she can even think about it she takes the job. As she ushers four brides a weekend down the aisle she was supposed to walk down herself, Julia tries to understand why she said “I Do” to a job she never set out to get, in a place she’d only meant to occupy for an afternoon and wonders if she’ll ever find true love again…”
- Fallen Rayne (Five Sloths Brewing Book 1) by Robin Andrews
- Falling for the Player: A Best Friend’s Brother Romance by June Stevens Westerfield and Sherry Ficklin
- On the Fly (Love in the Air Book 1) by Maizie Kaye and Kate Asher
- The Last Heist (Pretty Thieves Book 1) by Samantha Keith
- The Women in Black: A Novel by Madeleine St John <— HISTORICAL SET IN THE 50s!! “...A delightful debut novel set in a department store in Sydney in the 1950s.The women in black, so named for the black frocks they wear while working at Goode’s department store, are busy selling ladies’ dresses during the holiday rush. But they somehow find time to pursue other goals… …By the time the last marked-down dress is sold, all of their lives will be forever changed.”
- Liars Pact by Jacqueline Garlick
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Beautiful Trouble (Dirty Hollywood Book 2) by Claire Raye – February 12th 2020
- Endgame by Aisha Tritle – February 14th 2020
- Fourteeners (The Hydraulic Series Book 3) by Sarah Latchaw – February 14th 2020
- The Pretending Plot (Caught Up In Love: The Swoony New Reboot of the Contemporary Romance Series Book 1) by Lauren Blakely – February 14th 2020
- Altered by Lead (Undercover Sinners Book 2) by Tate James & C.M. Stunich – February 15th 2020
- Loud Mouth (Ice Knights Book 3) by Avery Flynn – February 17th 2020
- Real Life: A Novel by Brandon Taylor – February 18th 2020
- Chasing Cassandra: The Ravenels by Lisa Kleypas – February 18th 2020
- The Sun Down Motel by Simone St. James – February 18th 2020
- Wild at Heart: A Novel (The Simple Wild Book 2) by K.A. Tucker – February 18th 2020
- Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon – February 18th 2020
- Saint X by Alexis Schaitkin – February 18th 2020
The Other Mrs.: A Novel by Mary Kubica – February 18th 2020
- Creeping Beautiful by J.A. Huss – February 19th 2020
- A Glimmer of Ghosts (The Hell Gate Series) by Hunter J. Skye – February 19th 2020
- Rebel Priest (Love and Other Drugs Duet Book 1) by Adriane Leigh – February 20th 2020
- Face the Music (Love, Hate, Rock-n-Roll Book 3) by JB Salsbury – February 20th 2020
- The Laws of Entanglement: A True Love Story by Maya Preisler – February 22nd 2020
- Just One Year by Penelope Ward – February 24th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).