- Especially if you love characters that feel real. Feel like our friends (or friends we wished we had).
- Especially if you like flawed and bossy alpha-males (that are wonderfully heroic, even in their occasional “alpha-jerk” obnoxiousness). ‘Cause these guys can be too bossy for their own good, but couple that with super-sweet, and I simply can’t resist. 😉
- Especially if you like deepish-dark stories with a realistic feel. Darkish, yes… but still loaded in heartwarming, hilarious moments and reactions. I giggled and snorted in delight throughout. And I teared-up and clutched my chest in angsty pain, too.
- Especially if you like twisty-turny ongoing story lines (that expand with each book) with *gasp-worthy* (and sob-worthy) scenes.
- Especially if you like books that you obsessively think about each time you put them down (*if* you can put it down, that is) and still think about hours (and even days) after you finished ’em…
And these fellow readers agree. 😀
Michelle: WOW! Finished Changing Course yesterday and Stolen Course today. Both are wonderful. I really loved Brett and Emma’s story, but I think Caleb and Emma’s was even better. Some of Caleb’s scenes were just heartbreaking, but also seemed so real. The stories are certainly emotional, but not over the top angst or unrealistic situations. And the characters seem like regular friends you could relate to. I would read any future book Aly Martinez writes in this series. I would love to see Kara’s book. She is hilarious!
Lauren: excellent book….5 stars for me!!
Lauren: I loved Caleb so much in book 1 that I think I cried more for him than Brett.
Jody: The twisty bit was not what I was expecting at all and I can usually pick them. I miss the boys already now don’t know what to do. 🙁
Teresa: I loved Changing Course and Stolen Course….4.5-star reads for me, but I absolutely loved, loved Savor Me: A Novella which has Hunter, Emma’s friend from book two, in it. It was a really short read, but it was just really cute and HOT!
Jean: OMG I am only into the prologue and I am already crying!
Danielle: Maryse I just finished this book today and I love it too! I really hope she continues on with different characters. I would love to see a book with Eli and Casey or even Sarah. These books have a Kristen Ashley feel to them for me and I didnt want the story to end where it did..I wanted more!
About book #1:
I met Sarah Kate Erickson when I was twenty-one years old. I was lucky enough to keep her for seven years before a tragic accident stole her from me. She didn’t die, but sometimes I think it would have been easier if she had.
I lived in a haze for those four years after the accident. Catering to her every need, even though she hated the very sight of my face. I tried to hold on to her and the future that we were supposed to build together. But you can’t hold on to someone that doesn’t exist anymore.
It wasn’t until I met Jesse Addison, a barista at the local coffee shop, that I realized I didn’t just lose Sarah that tragic night, I lost myself as well. Jesse taught me how to let go of the past and learn to love again. But what happens when your past haunts your present, and the woman you used to love refuses to accept the woman you can’t live without?
OMG RIGHT!!???? YES!!! THAT is the blurb that gave me that jolt! What you’re feeling right now after reading that? That is how I felt! And everything you are imaging… yep. You’ll get to live it! This is one of those “blurbs” that totally matches the book.
- Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined #1)
- Stolen Course (Wrecked and Ruined #2)
- Savor Me: A Novella <— Hunter is in this novella!! Perhaps it would be best read as book #1.5? I need to read it.
- Among The Echoes <— not “officially” a part of this series however I just found out it does cross over. Lauren gives us an inside scoop: “Among the Echoes by Aly Martinez, which is a new release, will introduce you to the hero of book 3 of her Wrecked & Ruined series….LEO….and there is a chapter of book 3 @ the end. Love me some Leo!!!!“
- Broken Course (Wrecked and Ruined Book 3)
➔➔➔ Love this author? Browse more Aly Martinez features and reviews on my blog. 😀