HAPPY NEW RELEASE TUESDAY EVERYONE!! 😀 68+ books to sort through. The paranormal section has me exceptionally happy and it’s fitting since there’s a HUGE full moon today (a pink one) so hopefully it will be gentle on us. 😉
Blurb jolts from this list? You bet! Like that one to the left, Chosen Ones(after everything that happened, they aren’t adjusting well), The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires: (this one gave me the BIGGEST blurb jolt!! She’s a bored mom and wife, and then she gets attacked… but HE saves her, and then she invites him in… 😉 TOTAL BLURB JOLT! OH MY THIS SOUNDS SO FUN!!), Crave (paranormal… love that cover – and they all hate her at the Academy), Hate to Date You (her once upon a time “one night stand” becomes her temporary roommate!!), Something She’s Not Telling Us (psych-thriller!! She’s her new boyfriend’s sister, and there’s something downright hostile about her…), Kind of Famous (she’s his secret mega-fan but he doesn’t realize it yet…) Steal You Away (she’s his brother’s girl, and he doesn’t deserve her…) and so many more, you guys. I highlighted a bunch below to help you sort. 😉
And while you’re here, don’t forget to check out:
- TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲👏👏👏
- Monday Early Bird Book Releases – 04-06-2020 <— yesterday’s!!!
- JJ Knight’s “Big Pickle” is LIVE, and she’s sent over an excerpt, Five Fun Facts, and she’s giving away 2 gift cards!! <— This week’s newsletter sponsor and this post makes me giggle!! And also makes me hungry since I LOVE pickles. And of course… that title. *snort* 😛 She’s giving away TWO $25 gift cards.
- Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires: A Novel by Grady Hendrix
- Ruthless Gods: A Novel (Something Dark and Holy Book 2) by Emily A. Duncan
- Afterlife by Julia Alvarez
- Crave by Tracy Wolff
- The Book of Lost Friends: A Novel by Lisa Wingate
- Something She’s Not Telling Us: A Novel by Darcey Bell
- Redhead by the Side of the Road: A novel by Anne Tyler
- One Perfect Summer by Brenda Novak
- Always Enough (Meet Me in Montana Book 2) by Kelly Elliott
- Ashes (Web of Desire Book 3) by Aleatha Romig
- You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle
- The Age of Witches: A Novel by Louisa Morgan
- To Have and to Hoax: A Novel by Martha Waters
- A Bad Day for Sunshine: A Novel (Sunshine Vicram Series Book 1) by Darynda Jones
READER RECOMMENDATIONS & BARGAIN FINDS:
- TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance (it’s still going on through the end of April). 😲👏👏
- Sweet Dandelion by Micalea Smeltzer <— FORBIDDEN LOVE RECENT RELEASE & WE HAVE FEEDBACK!! ASHLEY LOVED IT!!
Ashley: Hi Maryse! I wanted to let you know that I just finished Sweet Dandelion and it’s absolutely my top pick for 2020 so far! Sooooo good! Totally blew me away! Perfect amount of angst and sexy!
- Outlander: A Novel (Outlander, Book 1) by Diana Gabaldon <— SUPER-BARGAIN ALERT!! WE LOVE THIS BOOK!
Ria: I love reading time travel novels . My favorite one is Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Such a great series.
Michelle: I decided to give audio books a go and because I’ve been missing my Outlander, I decided to listen to the series on audible. I’m really enjoying it. Although, I tend to listen as I fall asleep and miss 2 or 3 chapters lol. Good thing I’ve read the series many times.
- Need you Now (Top Shelf Romance Book 2) by Laurelin Paige, Claire Contreras, Sierra Simone, Skye Warren, Annika Martin <— ANTHOLOGY ALERT!!! “…Need You Now is a collection of four best-selling novels including: The Dirty Duet by Laurelin Paige, Half Truths by Claire Contreras, Sinner by Sierra Simone, Hostage by Skye Warren and Annika Martin Top Shelf Romance represents the best of the best in romance. There are no cliffhangers. These are simply must-read novels for readers looking for the best in happily ever afters…”
Kathy: Where the Blame Lies is definitely in my best of 2019.
- The First Girl Child by Amy Harmon <— Amy Harmon FANTASY ROMANCE SUPER-BARGAIN!!
Grey: The First Girl Child was amazing. I stayed up last night to finish it. I LOVED it. It definitely had a The Queen & the Cure vibe to it…but in no way were the stories even remotely similar, just spectacularly writtenMicheleG: I loved Amy Harmon’s The First Girl Child – I’m amazed at her versatility. It was very inventive and I absolutely fell in love with the characters. I highly recommend it for fantasy readers.Tessa: OMG, it’s good. Pure fantasy. Loved it so much! …if you read it, (which you should) tissues! I think it’s her best yet.MichelleS: I’m almost finished with The First Girl Child, by Amy Harmon, and loving it!!! Thanks for the rec y’all!!!
PARANORMAL/FANTASY/SCI-FI/DYSTOPIAN NEW RELEASES:
- Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth <— YA DYSTOPIAN ALERT!! “…He was known as the Dark One, and his weapon of choice—catastrophic events known as Drains—leveled cities and claimed thousands of lives. Chosen Ones, as the teens were known, gave everything they had to defeat him. After the Dark One fell, the world went back to normal . . . for everyone but them. After all, what do you do when you’re the most famous people on Earth, your only education was in magical destruction, and your purpose in life is now fulfilled? Of the five, Sloane has had the hardest time adjusting...”
- When He’s Dark (The Olympus Pride Series Book 1) by Suzanne Wright
- Heart of the Mage (Twyst Academy Book 3) by D.D. Chance
- Kilts in the Wind (Clash of the Tartans Book 5) by Anna Markland
- The Southern Book Club’s Guide to Slaying Vampires: A Novel by Grady Hendrix <— MARRIED & BORED BUT HER NEIGHBOR SAVES HER FROM AN ATTACK… and then she invites him in!!! “…One evening after book club, Patricia is viciously attacked by an elderly neighbor, bringing the neighbor’s handsome nephew, James Harris, into her life. James is well traveled and well read, and he makes Patricia feel things she hasn’t felt in years. But when children on the other side of town go missing, their deaths written off by local police, Patricia has reason to believe James Harris is more of a Bundy than a Brad Pitt. The real problem? James is a monster of a different kind—and Patricia has already invited him in...”
- Veil of Honor (Seven Deadly Veils Book 7) by Diana Marik
- Wicked Wolf (The Green Mountain Pack Book 1) by Ashlee Sinn
- Ruthless Gods: A Novel (Something Dark and Holy Book 2) by Emily A. Duncan <— BOOK #2 IN A TRILOGY!!! “...In her dramatic follow-up to Wicked Saints, the first book in her Something Dark and Holy trilogy, Emily A. Duncan paints a Gothic, icy world where shadows whisper, and no one is who they seem, with a shocking ending that will leave you breathless...”
- Demon Dawn (The Resurrection Chronicles Book 7) by M.J. Haag and Ulva Eldridge
- Academy Of Beasts VII: Shifter Romance by Becca Fanning
- Mulan and the Jade Emperor: an Adult Folktale Retelling (Once Upon a Spell: Legends Book 1) by Vivienne Savage
- Crave by Tracy Wolff <— THEY HATE HER... “…My whole world changed when I stepped inside the academy. Nothing is right about this place or the other students in it. Here I am, a mere mortal among gods…or monsters. I still can’t decide which of these warring factions I belong to, if I belong at all. I only know the one thing that unites them is their hatred of me…”
- The Age of Witches: A Novel by Louisa Morgan
CONTEMPORARY NEW RELEASES:
- Hate to Date You (Dating Book 4) by Monica Murphy <— HER ONE NIGHT STAND BECOMES HER ROOMMATE... “…Burnt out after the never-ending grind of selling high end real estate in Los Angeles, he’s returned home, unsure of what to do next. He needs someplace to crash temporarily until he gets back on his feet. It’s easy for Stella to suggest Carter move in. Temporarily of course. It’ll give her someone to talk to. The only problem? That one night stand Stella and Carter had about a year ago. They never talked about it...”
- Shielding Gillian (Delta Team Two Book 1) by Susan Stoker
- Derek (Grim Sinners Book 5) by LeAnn Ashers
- Truly by Mary Balogh
- The Book of Lost Friends: A Novel by Lisa Wingate <— HISTORICAL (1870’s and 1980’s!!) “…For first-year teacher Benedetta Silva, a subsidized job at a poor rural school seems like the ticket to canceling her hefty student debt—until she lands in a tiny, out-of-step Mississippi River town. Augustine, Louisiana, is suspicious of new ideas and new people, and Benny can scarcely comprehend the lives of her poverty-stricken students. But amid the gnarled live oaks and run-down plantation homes lie the century-old history of three young women, a long-ago journey, and a hidden book that could change everything...”
- Ashes (Web of Desire Book 3) by Aleatha Romig <— Aleatha Romig TRILOGY CONCLUSION ALERT!! “…ASHES is book three of the WEB OF DESIRE trilogy that began with SPARK, continued with FLAME, and concludes in ASHES…”
- Something She’s Not Telling Us: A Novel by Darcey Bell <— PSYCH-THRILLER AND THEY MISTRUST EACH OTHER BIG TIME!! “…Ruth has never had much, but now she’s finally on the verge of having everything she’s ever dreamed of. A stable job at a start-up company, a rakish, handsome boyfriend with whom she falls more in love with every day—and a chance at the happy family she’s always wanted, adorable niece included. The only obstacle standing in her way is her boyfriend’s sister Charlotte, whose attitude swerves between politely cold and outright hostile. Rebuffing Ruth’s every attempt to build a friendship with her and Daisy, Charlotte watches over her daughter with a desperate protectiveness that sends chills down Ruth’s spine. Ruth knows that Charlotte has a deeply-buried secret..”
- Take Me Home: A Small Town Rock Star Love Story (The Heartbreak Brothers Book 1) by Carrie Elks
- DAIREN: Alpha and Curvy Doctor Instalove (Passion Point Firefighters Book 3) by Brynn Hale
- Kind of Famous (Flirting with Fame Book 3) by Mary Ann Marlowe <— ROCK STAR SUPER-FAN ALERT!! SHE’S A SECRET MEGA-FAN OF THIS BAND AND RUNS THE FAN FORUM... “…Layla Beckett has a secret. For the past ten years, she’s run the most trafficked fan site on the Internet for her favorite band—under an alias, naturally. When she lands a job at the prestigious New York City music magazine The Rock Paper, she’s suddenly thrust into the world she’s only observed from the cheap seats. Now that she’s brushing elbows with sexy guitarists and hot frontmen, she wants to play it cool and keep her superfan status on the down low. Although she’s dying to gush on her forum, posting her insider adventures online could expose her real-life identity and blow her cover. And that’s all before one of those sexy musicians becomes a fan of her...”
- Loving Lindsey: Love in Oaktown Book 3 by Larissa Gail
- Head Over Heels (Love at First Sight Book 3) by Poppy Parkes
- One Good Thing by Jennifer Millikin <— SHE’S NURSING HER EMOTIONAL WOUNDS… “...And it appears I’m not the only person here who’s running from something painful. A gorgeous man with sad eyes has been holed up in cabin seven since he arrived. I told myself to stay away from him, but my curiosity got the better of me. If only I hadn’t knocked on his door. That’s when things got a whole lot more complicated…“
- Worth the Wait (Very Personal Training Book 2) by Karla Doyle
- To Have and to Hoax: A Novel by Martha Waters
- A Stroke of Malice (A Lady Darby Mystery Book 8) by Anna Lee Huber
- At Last (The Walker Family Series Book 11) by Bernadette Marie
- A Bad Day for Sunshine: A Novel (Sunshine Vicram Series Book 1) by Darynda Jones <— DARYNDA JONES COMEDY ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Sunshine Vicram has returned to town as the elected sheriff—thanks to her adorably meddlesome parents who nominated her—and she expects her biggest crime wave to involve an elderly flasher named Doug. But a teenage girl is missing, a kidnapper is on the loose, and all of this is reminding Sunshine why she left Del Sol in the first place. Add to that the trouble at her daughter’s new school, plus and a kidnapped prized rooster named Puff Daddy, and, well, the forecast looks anything but sunny. But even clouds have their silver linings. This one’s got Levi, Sunshine’s sexy, almost-old-flame, and a fiery-hot US Marshal...”
- One Perfect Summer by Brenda Novak <— THREE BEST FRIENDS “…The women decide to dig into the mystery together at Serenity’s family cabin in Lake Tahoe. With Reagan navigating romantic politics at work and Lorelei staring down the collapse of her marriage, all three women are converging at a crossroads in their lives. Before the summer is over, they’ll have to confront the past and determine how to move forward when everything they previously thought to be true was a lie. But any future is easier to face with family by your side…”
- You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle <— HE’S PERFECT, THEY’RE GETTING MARRIED & SHE’S MISERABLE… “...she is miserably and utterly sick of him. Naomi wants out, but there’s a catch: whoever ends the engagement will have to foot the nonrefundable wedding bill. When Naomi discovers that Nicholas, too, has been feigning contentment, the two of them go head-to-head in a battle of pranks, sabotage, and all-out emotional warfare. But with the countdown looming to the wedding that may or may not come to pass, Naomi finds her resolve slipping. Because now that they have nothing to lose, they’re finally being themselves – and having fun with the last person they expect: each other…”
- Ask Me to Stay (Against All Odds Book 3) by Savannah Kade
- My Brother’s Girl: A Contemporary Forbidden Romance (Irish Kiss Book 5) by Sienna Blake
- Steal You Away by Victoria Ashley <— SHE BELONGS TO HIS BROTHER… “...She belongs to my brother… I’ve stood back for years watching Dax repeatedly screw things up with Kennedy, as if he doesn’t think anyone could ever swoop in and steal her away. Breakup after breakup, they always end up back together, even though I’ve always had a thing for her. I’m tired of waiting. He had his chance. I want mine...”
- Ruthless Financier (Steel Series Book 3) by Victoria Pinder
- The Shavetail: Career Soldier: West Point Tour of Duty by Tawdra Kandle
- Map of Dreams (Seaside Sisters Book 3) by Kay Lyons
- Sinful Escape: A hot romantic comedy (Six Months of Sin Book 1) by Kitty Kendall
- Final Score (Off the Pitch Book 3) by Charlie Novak <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Jordan Green is too busy for a relationship. With the World Cup looming, his focus is on making the England team, not finding someone to spend his life with. His friends may be settling down, but Jordan’s had enough of planning weddings. All he wants is some fun, and Félix is the perfect person for that… even if he is his boss’s brother…”
- Absolving Ash: A Hockey Allies Bachelor Bid MM Romance by Chantal Mer <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Unbreak my Heart by J.P. Bowie <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Catch of a Lifetime by Andrew Grey <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!! “…Neither man plans to stay in Florida long-term, neither is looking for love, and they’re both blown away by the passion that sparks between them. But on a fishing boat, there’s little privacy to see where their feelings might lead. Passion builds like a storm until they reach land, where they also learn they share a common dream. The lives they both long for could line up perfectly, as long as they can weather the strain on their new romance when only one of them may get a chance at their dream...”
- Loving Layne ( A Hockey Allies Bachelor Bid MM Romance #2) (Hockey Allies Bachelor Bid Series) by V.L. Locey <— M/M ROMANCE ALERT!!
- Redhead by the Side of the Road: A novel by Anne Tyler <— HIS PERFECT ROUTINE LIFE is blown apart! “...one day his routines are blown apart when his woman friend (he refuses to call anyone in her late thirties a “girlfriend”) tells him she’s facing eviction, and a teenager shows up at Micah’s door claiming to be his son. These surprises, and the ways they throw Micah’s meticulously organized life off-kilter, risk changing him forever…”
- Beach Haven (The Carolina Coast Series) by T.I. Lowe
- Dare To Be Scandalous (League of Unweddable Gentlemen Book 3) by Tamara Gill
- Ranger (Heartlands Motorcycle Club Book 1) by Frankie Love
- Always Enough (Meet Me in Montana Book 2) by Kelly Elliott <— Kelly Elliott ALERT!! She’s grieving her fiancé and he’s had a terrible accident… “...When Kaylee meets Ty, she finds him just as captivating as the rugged landscape of Montana. When Ty is with Kaylee, he remembers just how good life can be. But can they move beyond their broken hearts and dreams to find a second chance with each other?…”
- More of You (A Love You More Rock Star Romance Book 2) by Laura Pavlov <— ROCK STAR ON THE ROAD & HIS GIRLFRIEND IS BACK IN SCHOOL… (should be read in order as this is a trilogy) “…As the lead singer of Exiled, I’ve become a household name, and everyone wants a piece of me. I’m trying to maintain a relationship with my girlfriend—but the road was a cruel mistress and wouldn’t let go. I’m chained to my band, chained to my fans, and chained to my family. And I don’t want any of it —all I want is More Jade. After Jade leaves for school, I miss her like hell and backslide into my old ways. It kills me because she’s the one person I don’t want to disappoint…”
- Kat, Knight Watch (Iron Orchids Book 11) by Danielle Norman
- Mistress of Sins (Dredthorne Hall Book 3): A Gothic Romance by Hazel Hunter
- Scoring Off The Ice (Ice Kings) by Stacy Lynn <— THE HOCKEY STAR, THE SURPRISE BABY & HIS NEW NEIGHBOR… “...I made it to the top. Now, I’m determined to be the best. No distractions. I eat, sleep, and breathe hockey. Until my birthday when my teammates convince me to live a little.But living a little takes on a whole new m eaning when less than a year later I’m confronted with a crying baby on my doorstep, drooling on a note that declares he’s mine…“
- Wicked Ever After (One-Mile and Brea, Part Two) (Wicked & Devoted Book 2) by Shayla Black
- SHAWN (The Hartwell Brothers Book 4) by M. S. Parker
- Deadly Surrender (The Serafina: Sin City Series Book 5) by Katie Reus
- Afterlife by Julia Alvarez <— SHE JUST HAD THE RUG PULLED OUT FROM UNDER HER... “…She has just retired from the college where she taught English when her beloved husband, Sam, suddenly dies. And then more jolts: her bighearted but unstable sister disappears, and Antonia returns home one evening to find a pregnant, undocumented teenager on her doorstep. Antonia has always sought direction in the literature she loves—lines from her favorite authors play in her head like a soundtrack—but now she finds that the world demands more of her than words...”
- Johan’s Joy: A SEALs of Honor World Novel (Heroes for Hire Book 21) by Dale Mayer
- Two Hearts Forever (Two Hearts Trilogy Book 3) by Harper Bliss
- Pants On Fire by Lacey Black
- Hope Harbor by Jill Sanders <— THE SINGLE DAD HANDYMAN & THE NEW INN OWNER… “…Single-dad Dylan started his own handyman business a few years back. He’s the only one on Orcas Island who can swing a hammer and not miss. So, when the new owner takes over at Candlewood Inn and hires him to remodel the old place, he jumps at the chance to make his mark on the huge building. Working with Eve is a pure delight, since the woman seems to know what she’s after. The fact that she’s nice to look at, and that Dylan’s daughter, Palmer, is infatuated with her, is a bonus. It’s the rest of the Candlewood family they will need to worry about...”
- Guarding Garrett: A Hockey Allies Bachelor Bid MM Romance #1 (Hockey Allies Bachelor Bid Series) by RJ Scott
- The Treble With Men: A Secret Identity Romance (Scorned Women Society Book 2) by Piper Sheldon
- Tell Me Pretty Lies by Charleigh Rose <— HE HATES HER NOW!! “...The last thing I expected was to fall for one of them, least of all Thayer Ames. Beautiful, brooding, and untouchable. I knew it was a bad idea. He warned me himself. But he was a thunderstorm, and I never could resist the rain. It was perfect… Until it wasn’t. One night was all it took for our world to crumble, leaving only secrets and lies between us. Now, I have to face him again, but the boy I used to know has become the man who loves to hate me...”
- Ian (Las Vegas Sidewinders Book 15) by Kat Mizera
- Broken Anchor (Sinful Truths Book 6) by Ella Miles
- Vicious Kings: A Dark Mafia Romance (The Dark Elite Book 1) by Eva Ashwood <— REVERSE HAREM ALERT!!
- Bachelor Boss (The Bachelors Club Book 2) by Sara Ney <— HE’S IN A BET TO STAY SINGLE & NOW HE’S SHARING HER OFFICE… “…Four days co-habitating in a shared work space shouldn’t be a big deal. It shouldn’t be distracting. But Spencer Standish saw me puking in a company trash can, and won’t let me live it down. Cheerful, aggravating Spencer, who wants me to fetch her coffee. As if she’s the boss of me. And now I’m stuck sharing her office...”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Perfection by Kitty Thomas – April 8th 2020
- Edge Of Darkness (Arrow’s Edge MC Book 2) by Freya Barker
- The Rogue by J.R. Ward – April 13th 2020
- Born of Mist and Legend (Highland Legends Book 3) by Kat Bastion – April 13th 2020
- Madam Temptress (The Magnolia Duet Book 2) by Meghan March – April 14th 2020
- Sunrise on Half Moon Bay Robyn Carr – April 14th 2020
- Dante’s Circle Reborn by Carrie Ann Ryan – April 14th 2020
- Finding Forever: A Treading Water Novel by Marie Force – April 14th 2020
- Southern Comfort (The Southern Series Book 2) by Natasha Madison – April 14th 2020
- The Unwanted Challenge (Empath Found Book 2) by Colette Rhodes – April 15th 2020
- Glass Hearts (Awaken My Heart: Corinne and Vance, Book One) by Danica Raimz – April 16th 2020
- Do Me a Favor: A sizzling, second chance rom com! (Mile High Matched Book 4) by Christina Hovland – April 17th 2020
- Kodiak Lumberjack (An Odds-Are-Good Standalone Romance Book 5) by Katy Regnery – April 20th 2020
- Wild for You (Hot Jocks Book 6) by Kendall Ryan – April 20th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).