HAPPY MONDAY EARLY BOOK RELEASES!!! Here are the latest that have just gone live.
1.) I took a 4 mile walk on the beach this weekend. Such a fun time. Looking for seashells, getting some sun (no sunburn!!) and enjoying the mild weather. Perfection.
2.) We went to an Irish Pub right after that (had worked up an appetite). They had “Poutine” there!! Well, it’s not Quebec’s version of a Poutine (so I’ll have to make it at home… maybe stop and get some Five Guys fries for it), but it was still yummy. Instead of the brown chicken sauce, it was a sort of… thickened onion soup sauce? Ehhh… good, but not quite right. Also, we need proper cheese curds to do it justice.
3.) I thought my Apple Watch was broken last night when no matter what I tried to do (swipe, scroll, choose an app, even enter my password) was a no-go. It could not function. Wouldn’t let me do anything and would just default back to the main watch screen (with time and date). I was panicking, after 2 full-on resets. Then my man asked me if I tried taking off my “protective” cover. Oh right… thaaaaaaat… And sure enough once I took it off, everything worked perfectly. I guess I either had dog hair or water between my watch and the protective screen and well… the touch screen was panicking along with me. 😂
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited (one month free trial)!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP (one month free trial)!
- Control Me by Michelle Heard <— MAFIA PRINCESS & SHE’S WELL PAST MIRACLES… “...I wanted to be a painter. But that’s just a dream because a mafia princess doesn’t get to choose her future. Still, I never let it get me down. I always try to make the best of everything. Until I’m forced to go for brutal training, and I meet Nikolai Vetrov. Forbidden and way too attractive, the man turns out to be my worst nightmare incarnated...”
- Desert Island: Paradise Cove (Castaway Couples) by Olivia T. Turner
- Brooke (The Metcalfes Book 4) by Ronie Kendig
- Unexpectedly In Love (The Sherbrookes Book 1) by Christina Tetreault
- Promise of the Witch (Witches of Keating Hollow Book 13) by Deanna Chase
- Cookies For My Orc Neighbor by Michele Mills <— EVERYONE IS SCARED OF HER NEW NEIGHBOR!! “...today is Valentine’s Day and I’m worried the big guy is sad and lonely. My neighbor is more angry-looking and growly than usual, despite that darling puppy he recently adopted. And since I happen to be alone this Valentine’s Day too, I decide to bring him a plate of my famous sugar cookies. Everyone warns me not to disturb him because Orcs always claim their Brides in the dark of winter. But for some reason, this doesn’t worry me at all...”
- Keeping Corey by Roger Hyttinen <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Olympic Enemies by Rebecca J Caffery <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Rose-Colored Boy (Whitecrest) by Octavia Jensen <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Sinful Crown: An Enemies-to-Lovers Romance by Ava Harrison <— HER PROTECTOR OR HER MONSTER? “…Cold. Cruel. And handsome beyond measure. He should scare me. His possessive desire should make me run. But I stay. I give in to him. I give him… me. I’m falling in love with a monster. And I refuse to stop…”
- My Grumpy Cowboy by Olivia Sage
- Calla Falling by Tallie Rose
- The Walls We Break (The Alphaletes Book 2) by Katelyn Taylor
- The Good, The Bad And The Sissies: Welcome To Chez Femme by Ava Hayes
- An Island in the Sun: The BRAND NEW feel-good escapist read from Kate Frost for 2023 by Kate Frost
- Etou-Fae the Hard Way: Paranormal Women’s Fiction (Twisted Sisters Midlife Maelstrom Book 6) by Brenda Trim <— AN ALLIANCE WITH A DJINN!! “…While the Voodoo Queen’s loa roams the bayous in search of a new host, the sisters must hunt down the six sources of his power to keep him from ghosting the body he currently inhabits. But the manhunt quickly goes awry and places the sisters and their families in some cruel and cursed crosshairs. For extra protection from Marie Leveau and her magical minions, the sisters form their most unexpected alliance yet with an enterprising djinn...”
- Mile High Senator: Mile High Love by Matilda Martel
- Playing Dirty: A Billionaire Grumpy/Sunshine Romance (Billionaire Playboys Book 1) by Tory Baker
- The Fifth Gate: Greek Mythology Romance (Gates of the Underworld Book 5) by H.P. Mallory and J.R. Rain
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER (one month free trial) 😀
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- See Her (Turn it Up Book 1) by Natalie Parker | Feb 5, 2020
- Encore in Death: An Eve Dallas Novel by J. D. Robb – February 7, 2023
- Bitter Play (False Start Book 3) by Alison Rhymes – February 7, 2023
- Someone Else’s Shoes: A Novel by Jojo Moyes – February 7, 2023
- Crazy Hearts (Tease Book 2) by Lisa Helen Gray – February 7, 2023
- Secretly Yours: A Novel by Tessa Bailey – February 7, 2023
- Radiant Sin: A Darkly Hot Modern Retelling of Apollo and Cassandra (Dark Olympus Book 4) by Katee Robert – February 7, 2023
- Dirty Truths (Boys of Bellerose Book 2) by Jaymin Eve and Tate James – February 7, 2023
- Mr. Nanny (The Nannies Book 10) by Sam Crescent – February 7, 2023
- The Phantom: A Paranormal Novel (Rise of the Warlords Book 3) by Gena Showalter – February 7, 2023
- Bound (Highest Bidder Book 5) by Lauren Landish and Willow Winters – February 7, 2023
- Axegate Walk by Katie MacAlister – February 7, 2023
- Sate the Darkness (Guardians of Eternity Book 20) by Alexandra Ivy – February 7, 2023
- Fumbled Past by Lauren Runow – February 9, 2023
- Dear Mr. Fairbanks (Those Very Bad Fairbanks Book 8) by Alyssa Clarke – February 9, 2023
- Down with Love (Laws of Attraction) by Kate Meader – February 9, 2023
- Vicious Bonds (The Tether Series Book 1) by Shanora Williams – February 9, 2023
- She Saw Me: First Series by Melody Anne – February 10, 2023
- Sapphire (The Bratva Jewels Book 1) by JA Low – February 10, 2023
- Princess of Hawthorne Prep: A Dark, Enemies-to-Lovers High School Bully Romanceby Jennifer Sucevic | Feb 10, 2023
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
Sound like a fun weekend, minus the watch difficulties, lol. Glad it was an easy fix!
1. I spent the weekend bowling with my son for a school event. Hubs took my daughter to her bball tournament. And working for hours on Valentines boxes/treat bags.
2. I also decided on a whim to do a movie night themed dinner after seeing some fun menus on Pintrest. My son’s choice was a Nemo themed one and we ended up making lemon blossoms together (so yum!) for dessert. And then mahi mahi, coconut rice, and asparagus for dinner. I had picked up sushi for lunch and also just used it for an appetizer. And for snack, popcorn, goldfish, and candy ropes mixed up. Oh! And blue raspberry lemonade with frozen lemon slices for the drinks. We ended up not watching the movie and just had fun with the theme of it all.
3. Last night, with the tons of leftover coconut rice I had, I browned some ground sausage, and sautéed diced red pepper and zucchini, added a tsp. of bouillon and another can of coconut milk with all the rice and it was 🤌.
4. I rescued a kitten who was beyond sweet and friendly. My animals were so angry, but he stayed with my daughter overnight while we tried to find his home. A local cat rescue group thankfully found a foster home for him and took care of vet services. And then! My son tracked poo all over from the farm they were located on so I got to shampoo my carpet and mop all my floors.
I have not been reading. I’m exhausted.
Oh noooo! I’m trying not to laugh but I can just imagine him completely oblivious to the trail of poo. Sound like something my husband would do! 😬
Coconut rice sounds divine!
It has happened so much lately, from myself also, that I’m seriously considering ruggables bc shampooing so much is a pain. My daughter drug it up the stairs a couple months ago. I used the hand tool all over every step and *whew*! I threw away her shag rug.
Yep… poo tracking. I’ve had to deal with that a few too many times. Dogs are a pain sometimes.
Your dinner sounds sooooooo sweet and fun. I love making memories.
Also, yessssss that coconut rice and sautéed ground sausage and veggies. Sometimes leftovers make the BEST food combos. That sounds amazing.
1. We were lucky not to lose power for very long during the Texas ice storm but our internet has been down for almost a week. I’m using overage data just to post this but I’ve decided I don’t care. I miss being plugged on!
2. I’m finally reading The Martian and I’m loving it!! Maryse I remember how much you loved it too! I honestly didn’t think I would but it’s sooo good!
3. I’m making beef and broccoli stir fry for dinner and forgot to get sherry. I read that I can sub gin. I don’t know if that’s right but I’m going to give it a shot! 😬
I had no idea there was an ice storm in TX! I’ve been unplugged from social media, where I get any sort of news. I’d be in a state myself with no internet for a week. Glad you didn’t lose power too long!
Oh yeahhhhhh!!! I saw a video showing a ton of people digging food out of the dumpsters behind grocery stores, because it was so bad.
OMG THE MARTIIIIIAAAAAANNN!!!! YESSSSS! Isn’t he hilarious? I actually ended up crushing on the author because I realized how clever he was. I love his voice. YES PLEASE!!!!
How did the gin sub go?
Gin worked great! I regret doing both fried “cauli” rice and stir-fry at the same time. Regular fried rice can sit while you finish the main dish, but cauli rice doesn’t do as well. So I ended up overcooking the beef and broccoli a tiny bit. But the flavors were awesome.
And OMG the author!! How does he know all that??!! He must have had some serious insider help from NASA! I’m at 80% and reading through so we can watch it tonight.
I think they actually did really well with the movie. Loved it too, but that book was incredible.
I have his latest “Hail Mary” so I will be reading that one soon.
I probably should have waited a bit before seeing the movie because I couldn’t help comparing the two. It was good, but I didn’t think it captured his emotions from the book at all. And they cut a lot of major stuff, but that’s to be expected. I’ll definitely be checking out Hail Mary.