1.) I had a fun-filled weekend that actually started on Thursday, where I went to two amazing places. Mazzaro’s Italian Market (HOLY MOLY that place was bustling and alive and electric with incredible energy.) I thought being there early afternoon on a Thursday would mean peaceful and relaxing (’cause I heard it can get CRAZY full in there and lines out all the way to the street) and while it wasn’t THAT crazy, it was full and chaotic (in a good way) anyway. We got Italian subs, chicken parmesan sandwich, and also took home a few bottles of wine, marinara sauce, and the most amazing meatballs ever!
Also went to RumFish Grill that evening (thank goodness for the Yeti cooler to keep our Mazzaro’s purchases fresh and cold), and had an amazing ceviche, and got to see the beautiful HUMONGOUS fish tanks. I got a t-shirt or 3, too. 😉
2.) I spent a super relaxing weekend listening to music, snuggling and conversing, cooking (well I was just making salads 😉 ) and finished the latest Ozark Season AND the latest episodes of Tommy & Pam. <— HOLY MOLY that show!!! Episode two… just sayin’ 😂 I also watched Bad Boys II which I had never seen before (even though I loved the first one) and this one had me laughing so hard. GREAT movie with super crazy and chaotic stunts. Pretty cool!
3.) I finally tried my hand at Aldi yesterday, hoping to find some crazy good stuff in that “special weird stuff aisle”. I didn’t find anything that I needed or that spoke to me, but I did buy a breakfast pizza (yet to be made, and I’ll probably only pick off the top), and also some of the best pork rinds I have ever had (one dill pickle bag and one chili lime bag) and OMG. I will go back to Aldi regularly just to get those (perfect texture and flavor). Also some crazy brownie caramel chocolate bar from Europe which was delicious! I only ate a square or two. 😉
Also got some deep fried macaroni & cheese balls (that we baked in the oven). Meh. Nowhere near cheesy enough. Also a couple of bottles of wine, where only a sip was needed to decide… NOPE. Off they went, too.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- A Wild Card Night: A prequel novella to A Wild Card Kiss (Happy Endings) by Lauren Blakely <— SHE MET THE FOOTBALL STAR AT A WEDDING! “…When I went to a friend’s wedding that night, I didn’t expect to catch the eye of a hunk of a football player in a tailored suit. I definitely didn’t plan to, ahem, get to know him better in the coat closet. And I absolutely didn’t think the hottie would ask me out for a real date. But when the weekend rolls around, I do expect a fantastically wild night with the man...”
- A Kingdom of Ruin (Deliciously Dark Fairytales Book 3) by K.F. Breene
- Oath of Fidelity: A Dark Mafia Romance (Deviant Doms) by Jane Henry
- One Night Love (Whiskey Run: Sugar) by Hope Ford
- His Innocent Cherry Pie: A Double Virgin Valentine by Frankie Love
- Mountain Man’s Valentine: A Small Town Romance (Mountain Men of Liberty) by K.C. Crowne <— CAN BE READ AS A STANDALONE… “...Clay is six-foot-four of pure muscled alpha. It’s a good thing he isn’t lacking in the confidence department… Because only a real man can handle a female Sheriff by his side. But I’m not here to resurrect an old love...”
- Captured by the Monsters by R.L. Caulder and M.J. Marstens
- Eating Her Heart Out by Fiona Davenport
- Can’t Bucking Wait (Dirty Cowboy) by Elle Thorpe
- A Duke of a Time (The Wayward Woodvilles Book 1) by Tamara Gill
- Mister Librarian by B. Love <— SHE RESENTS MEN!! “...A natural protector, Kahlil Roberts feels like less of a man if he can’t serve those in need. When he finds the honey complexioned beauty sobbing in his library, there’s no question of if he should help her or not. What Kahlil doesn’t expect is for her presence to help him as well. For years, Kahlil has struggled with feeling guilt over not being able to save the person who needed him most. Finally, he believes he has a chance to make things right. While both Honey and Kahlil have voids the other can fill, there are also reservations and past fears keeping them apart...”
- Time to Ride: Time to Ride Series, Book 1 – Prequel (A Time to Ride) by Lynn Donovan
- Servant (Trials of Blood Book 1) by Rebecca Royce
- Rescued By Her Alien Monster: A SciFi Romance (Human Mates For Alien Monsters Book 1) by Athena Storm and Tara Starr
- My Bloody Valentine (Unlocked Desire Series) by Mila Crawford <— THEY KNEW EACH OTHER AS KIDS… “...I never expected to see Stone again. Yet the night that I needed him most, he was there, saving me again. But he no longer was the sweet kid that held me in the darkness. Now Stone was a cold-hearted killer...”
- Flawless Ruin by Roxy Sloane
- Dating the Soldier by Kali Hart
- Inspired by Mindy: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Stargazer Springs Ranch Book 4) by Remi Carrington
- Shelf Control (Curvy Cafe Book Club 1) by Flora Madison
- Private Instructor: A Hero Club Novel by S.A. Clayton <— PLAYBOY PILOT ALERT!! AND SHE’S AFRAID OF FLYING… “...Enter Nash Taylor, former playboy pilot, occasional as$hole, and way too good-looking for Nicole to take seriously. But the more time they spend together, the more she realizes that Nash is way more than what she thought, and falling for him becomes harder and harder. Without realizing it, Nicole and Nash need each other in ways neither of them expected...”
- Little Dolls (Candella Sisters’ Heroes Book 1) by Jane Blythe <— HE SAVED HER BUT SHE DOESN’T BELIEVE WHAT HE SUSPECTS… “…When Clara Candella is carjacked it brings the past she thought was firmly behind her crashing into her present. Now the sexy detective who saved her life is trying to prove that her childhood friend is guilty of the same horrendous crimes they both survived...”
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Damaged by Tijan – February 8th 2022
- Text for You: A Novel by Sofie Cramer – February 8th 2022
- The Arc: A Novel by Tory Henwood Hoen – February 8th 2022
- Not the Witch You Wed by April Asher – February 8th 2022
- Tempted by the Billionaire (A Forbidden Age-Gap, Boss-Assistant Romance) (Forbidden Confessions Book 9) by Shayla Black – February 8th 2022
- Trust Me by Kelly Irvin – February 8th 2022
- Secret Desire (The Secret Series Book 8) by Jill Sanders – February 8th 2022
- Jane and the Year Without a Summer (Being a Jane Austen Mystery Book 14) by Stephanie Barron – February 8th 2022
- A Chance for Us by Corinne Michaels – February 8th 2022
- Goodbye Again (Wyndham Beach Book 2) by Mariah Stewart – February 8th 2022
- Abandoned in Death by J. D. Robb – February 8th 2022
- The Bet by Karla Sorensen – February 9th 2022
- Caught by Love: Archer Steele (The Steeles at Silver Island Book 3) by Melissa Foster
- Making Her Mine (The Callahans Book 6) by Monica Murphy – February 10th 2022
- Dante’s Undoing by J. S. Cooper – February 10th 2022
- The Wrong Suitcase by Laura Jane Williams – February 12th 2022
- Shallow | A Novel by Randi Cooley Wilson – February 14th 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!