HAPPY MONDAY NEW RELEASE DAY!! Did y’all watch the Super Bowl? Did you read instead? If so, what did you read and are you loving it?
1.) I’m sick again. A cold (but I’ve partially lost my voice, and I can’t sleep ’cause well… colds suck! Nose running when I’m trying to sleep, coughing fits, sore throat. Viruses are dumb!) LOL! 😂
2.) I watched the Super Bowl game, and the team I was voting for, won!! YAY Mahomes!! He’s the only reason I was choosing them, because I don’t really know much about football, but had heard of him over the last few years, so it was easy. 🙂 I wish it was the Bucs, but que sera, sera.
3.) For the small amount of time that I did sleep last night, I had a dream that Tom Brady and I were best friends! Nothing nefarious, just great buddies (and he was hanging out with me, helping me fix stuff, the same day, after he won the Super Bowl). LOL! I need a nap.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited (one month free trial)!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP (one month free trial)!
- Forever My Valentine Lucy Darling <— AGE GAP!!! “…Even as a little girl, Petal Prescott knew Vaugh Valentinus was her forever despite the age gap between them. But fate had other plans. In the blink of an eye, she lost her family and her link with the boy she’d always loved. Now that she’s older, she’s hoping the man she’s loved her entire life will see her than more than the broken little girl she once was…”
- My Bloody Valentine Anthology <—SCARY DARK ANTHOLOGY!! “…This collection of crimson tales features all kinds of romantic suspense. From stalkers to serial killers… No one is safe from the vice grip that love has on all of us. Dive in, prepare to scream with terror and ecstacy, and above all else, have a sinful Valentine’s Day. Each story contains its own list of content warnings; please see inside for details...”
- Our Year in Cria: The Mating Grounds by Ciree Hawthorn <— DYSTOPIAN ROMANCE!! “Quinn and Leo have been chosen to represent their zones at the Mating Grounds—a genetic diversity breeding program run by the government. Can they choose a mate before their year is up or will they be assigned to someone and lose out on their chance at a love match?”
- Love After Us: A Decker Family Novel (Covert Affairs Book 2) by Claudia Burgoa <— DUET CONCLUSION!!
- Pick One (Sunday Brothers) by May Archer
- Bratva Bastard: A Russian Mafia Romance (Kozlov Brothers) Standalone Series by Misty Winters
- Big Bad Daddy (Midlife Bad Boys Series Book 1) by Lauren Wood <— SECRET BABY ALERT!! “…Charles was not father material. He was a bad-boy biker who needed my help. Little did I know that helping him would blow up in my face. He was a playboy, and I’d done the one thing I wasn’t supposed to do, fall. I fell into bed with him And worse yet, love. I was long gone when I found out about our secret baby...”
- The Phoenix Prophecy: Fire Bird by Cara Clare <— SERIES CONCLUSION!!
- Rough Justice (Coming Home to the Mountain Book 6) by Frankie Love <— SHE’S ON THE RUN & HE WANTS TO PROTECT HER! “…When I leave for a hunting trip to the family cabin, I don’t expect to find the woman of my goddamn dreams squatting there. She’s on the run. She wants a life that is full and staying at her parent’s compound meant she would forfeit her future. I am a real Rough man, with a desperate urge to protect her…”
- Illegal Motion: An MM Sports Romance by Rheland Richmond and Emerson Beckett
- Tethered: an Arranged Marriage Fantasy Romance (The Binding Chronicles Book 1) by Elayna R. Gallea
- I Accidentally Summoned A Demon by Jaide Harley <— SHE WAS REHEARSING FOR A PLAY BUT OOOOPS!! “...A home-rehearsal turns into something unexpected when her script’s Latin incantation accidentally summons a high-ranking demon, Nex. Getting summoned is a nuisance, but in the name of all that’s unholy why did Nex have to be bonded by blood to the purest human? He can only return to hell if he kills the person she names, and Katherine is too virtuous to have a murder on her hands. Though Nex utilizes a multitude of devilish tactics to convince her otherwise, he’s now stuck in the human realm...”
- A Deadly Vow by J.D. Ronan
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER (one month free trial) 😀
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Love After Us: A Decker Family Novel (Covert Affairs Book 2) by Claudia Burgoa
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Surprised By Her (Mainely Books Club Book 4) by Chelsea M. Cameron – February 14, 2023
- The Sweet Spot : Tanlines by Rochelle Allison | Feb 14, 2023
- A Romp with a Rogue: Regency Romance (Lords of Temptation Book 2) by Tammy Andresen – February 14, 2023
- The Rising (Unlawful Men Book 4) by Jodi Ellen Malpas – February 14, 2023
- Black Hellebore: Wraith Kings Book 3.1 by Grace Draven – February 14, 2023
- The Devine Doughnut Shop by Carolyn Brown – February 14, 2023
- Made For You (Made For Series 2) by Natasha Madison – February 14, 2023
- Love, Pucks, and Other Stories (Rush Hockey Book 4) by Elise Faber – February 14, 2023
- Dissolution by Rachel Van Dyken – February 20, 2023
- Miss Devoted: Mischief in Mayfair–Book Six by Grace Burrowes – February 21, 2023
- The Dangerous One (Osborn Brothers Book 1) by Lori Foster – February 21, 2023
- Confessions: Ethan (Confessions Series Book 7) by Ella Frank – February 21, 2023
- The Librarian of Burned Books: A Novel by Brianna Labuskes – February 21, 2023
- Only You (The Adair Family Series Book 5) by Samantha Young – February 21, 2023
- Save the Best for Last (Twist of Fate Book 3) by Jennifer Probst – February 21, 2023
- Keeping You: An Until Him/Her Novella by Aurora Rose Reynolds – February 21, 2023
- A Calder at Heart (The Calder Brand Book 3) by Janet Dailey – February 21, 2023
- HOT Shadows: Hostile Operations Team® – Strike Team 2 by Lynn Raye Harris – February 21, 2023
- He Said Forever (The Lost Corisis Book 4) by Ruth Cardello – February 21, 2023
- The Dom Who Came in from the Cold (Masters and Mercenaries: Reloaded Book 5) by Lexi Blake – February 21, 2023
- Things We Hide from the Light (Knockemout Book 2) by Lucy Score – February 21, 2023
- Rust or Ride (Lost Kings MC Book 22) by Autumn Jones Lake – February 21, 2023
- The Duke’s Secret Cinderella (Never a Wallflower Book 3) by Eva Devon – February 21, 2023
- The Tangle of Awful by K Webster – February 21, 2023
- Answering Atlas (Knights & Dragons MC Book 3) by Chantal Fernando – February 21, 2023
- A Villain’s Kiss (A Villain’s Duet Book 1) by T.L. Smith – February 21, 2023
- Dirty Saint (Sons of Sinister Book 2) by Tabatha Vargo – February 21, 2023
- Dante: A Friends to Lovers Mafia Romance (The Carelli Family Saga Book 3) by Eden Butler – February 21, 2023
- Desperate Acts (Pike, Wisconsin Book 4) by Alexandra Ivy – February 21, 2023
- Best Served Hot by Amanda Elliot – February 21, 2023
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
I’m a big fan of the word nefarious. I like to say it funny just bc I like the sound of it. Was actually doing it today and thought it’d be a fun word to center a poem or something around. Lol
Also, your cold sounds horrible, sorry!! I hate those. Especially when it plugs up at night and you can’t breathe to sleep.
1. I binged all episodes of Poker Face over the weekend. I had watched the first episode when it came out and thought it was good and looked promising, but the episodes just get better and better. I love it.
2. Today, for once, doesn’t feel too much like a Monday to me. I’ve been feeling meh most Mondays and today feels good. I am mostly on top of grocery shopping, supper is in the crockpot and dishes are caught up. The sun is out, the weather has been feeling spring like. I finally sorted old socks out for the new ones I bought months ago.
3. I’m making homemade pop tarts tonight for Valentines tomorrow morning. Looking forward to eating them. I’ve never made before, but they always look yummy when I see homemade ones.
I just gotta say, Tasha, you’re like a Supermom. I know you’ll probably scoff and laugh and say “no, I’m not”, but just accept the compliment and glow for awhile from it. I think you’re a Supermom and I would like a poptart please.
I 100% agree!
And thank you as well! ❤️
I absolutely did scoff and say, “definitely not”, but this comment really made my day so I’ll accept and thank you soooo much!! I spend more time beating myself up on an average day than being gentle with myself, especially in the Mom dept. so this is this really touched me. ❤️ You totally get a *virtual* poptart! *hugs*
Can I have one too?? I love pop tarts and have never had homemade ones.
I’ve been using nefarious a lot lately. And insidious! I’m really enjoying that one, especially when the insidiousness is subtle, and sneaky (movie watching 😉 )
I was excited about Poker Face but while I have Peacock, I don’t have premium. *hrmph*
I hope you feel better Maryse! Colds are the worst when you’re trying to sleep!
1. My husband was supposed to be out of town on business all day today and it got canceled! I had big plans to stay in bed all day reading. Now I have to adult.
2. I started Maestro after everyone’s awesome reviews but there are a lot of coming-to-age/YA chapters in the beginning, so I’m not sure if it’s for me. They move quickly though so I’m sticking with it!
3. I didn’t used to be a Chiefs fan after a nasty missed helmet-helmet penalty* in a playoff game a few years ago (one of our only playoff games since dinosaurs roamed the earth), but one of my favorite peeps is a fan so I got over myself. 😆 I’m very happy they won, and I know she is too! Especially against Philly! That was a fantastic game! *(disclaimer: I am not a ref but I play one watching TV)
Ugh… adulting is a pain. All I wanna do is snuggle and read, especially right now. But I adulated last night and made enchiladas and all the boys in the house LOVED them.
These boys are the pickiest eaters in the world.
I love homemade enchiladas!
Feel better, everyone seems to be sick. Watched the Super Bowl and the best part/ commercial for me was Vin Diesel and Jason Momoa in a new Fast & Furious movie together!!!! Husband was not thrilled with my outburst and residual outbursts 🤣🤣🤣. All the commercials seemed blah. Using tried & true tv shows, movies, and people to sell stuff instead of new ideas. Marketing think tanks must have run dry this year🤣🤣. Oh well, it was a good game…
I liked the sad commercial where her dog was getting older and she was petting his face… made me cry.
Also the Tubi commercial was pretty darned clever.