The first “leap year” person I ever knew was when I was about 7 or 8 years old. He was the lifeguard at our public pool (his name was Heydan… or Aiden? I can’t remember?). My older sister had a crush on him (they were around the same age so that was fine). He explained to me what leap year was, and for the rest of my life, at the end of every February I think about him. I remember he was only “five years old” the year I met him. LOL!!! I could NOT wrap my head around that when he was obviously, what looked like an adult to me.
1.) I cooked a Mississippi Pot Roast this weekend (with potatoes and green beans), but I didn’t use the right “roast”. It should have been pork shoulder or something fatty and shreddable, but I used my pork tenderloin roast, and it was good but not great. *sigh*
2.) I had a great weekend. Peaceful, and silly, and lots of listening to music. Also another episode of Pam and Tommy.
3.) My boyfriend made us an amazing melty-cheeeeeesy (cheddar curd cheese) omelette yesterday for breakfast. He’s always cooking for me, and he’s amazing at it. I miss him already.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- The Assignment by Penelope Ward <— PENELOPE WARD ALERT!!! THEY WERE ENEMIES IN HIGH SCHOOL! “...When my boss gives me an unwanted assignment and tells me it involves spending time with the grandson of one of our residents—the grandson turns out to be Troy. He’s now as successful as he is undeniably handsome. Lucky me. Four hours a week of having to deal with his insufferable personality and unsolicited advice. The only consolation is getting to stare at his annoyingly gorgeous face in between our many arguments...”
- Sweet (Landry Family Series Book 6) by Adriana Locke
- George: Xavier’s Hatchlings ― Paranormal Dragon Shifter Romance (Xavier’s Hatchlings Book 4) by Kathi S. Barton
- Always Meant to Be: A Stand-alone Forbidden Romance by Siobhan Davis <— AGE GAP/MARITAL STRIFE ALERT! HE’S HER SON’S BEST FRIEND!!! “…He’s my eighteen-year-old son’s best friend, and I’m old enough to know better. My marriage is falling apart, and Vander’s home life is tragic. Yet, his broken parts speak to mine, and amid all the chaos, a true connection is formed. The only peace I find is in those stolen moments when we share our darkest secrets and our deepest desires. This thing between us has disaster written all over it…”
- More than a Companion: A Regency Romance (Ladies on their Own: Governesses and Companions Book 1) by Rose Pearson
- The Girl at the Last House Before the Sea: An absolutely addictive and heartbreaking page-turner (Heaven’s Cove Book 3) by Liz Eeles
- Wasted Love with You : Season 1 by Whitney G. <— MARITAL STRIFE & HE OFFERS HER A JOB!! “…from the way our marriage is crumbling under the weight of his lies, it never will. Alas, after fighting like hell for a divorce, I promise myself that I’ll never waste love on anyone else. I don’t even want to ‘date’ anyone else. But that’s until I literally run into a man who leaves me breathless at first sight, a man who etches his way into my memory with nothing more than a single smile and a question. He’s an enigma who doesn’t want to give me his first name...”
- Pretties in Pink: A Romantic Suspense Novel (Blackwood Security Book 15) by Elise Noble
- Ruthless Enforcer: A Paranormal Vampire Romance (Vampires Of Baton Rouge Book 2) by Roxie Ray and Lindsey Devin
- Hating Piper (Rockers’ Legacy Book 8) by Terri Anne Browning <— HER HIGHSCHOOL BULLY!! “…The highest bidder for the first date was my childhood bully. He might have stopped tormenting me in recent years, but I couldn’t forget how much he’d hated me when we were younger and all the awful things he’d put me through. But it was only one date. I could survive a few hours alone with him, especially since he’d dropped some major cash for my time. Only, he won the bid for the next date…and the one after that. A million dollars later, he’d won all twelve dates. Which left me wondering… Why? I was starting to think Cannon Cage didn’t actually hate me after all…”
- McEwan: Scottish Paranormal Romance by L.L. Muir
- Under His Direction (K-9 Protection Romance Book 2) by Lexy Parker
- Wait For Me (Savage Vipers MC Book 1) by Anne Storm
- Royal Pickle: A Romantic Comedy by JJ Knight <— SHE HELPED HIM ESCAPE THE PHOTOGRAPHERS!! “…He’s a prince who can’t keep his pants on. She writes dirty limericks in a Brooklyn deli. Their spontaneous royal wedding is a match made in mayhem. I have to find a wife. And not just any wife. A love match. My parents gave me ten years to find a princess on my own, and the deadline has arrived. I’ve outrun the palace guards for months, but due to an incident in a rooster Speedo that went viral, they have tracked me to America. I’m not known for my stellar taste in the opposite sex. The last one put my naked pictures on Instagram. But there is this one girl. I saw her in a New York deli making sandwiches. She helped me escape the photographers...”
- To Deceive a Highlander: The Sutherlands of Dornoch Castle by Callie Hutton
- Grey Magic: a Dark Fantasy Romance (Bonds of Magic Book 3) by Jeffe Kennedy
- A Pretty Fixation: College Romance by Symone West <— STALKER??? SHE DOESN’T REMEMBER HIM… “...I do know you, Jordyn. My little dove. I’ve searched for you all these years, and I won’t back down until you give in to me. Until your skin burns at my touch, and you crave me as much as I want you. I know you’re the girl who stole my heart as a kid, and I have every intention of taking yours now…”
- Fall of Embers: A Rejected Mates Romance (Fall Mountain Shifters Book 6) by G. Bailey
- Pretending I Love Lucy: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (Apple Valley Love Stories Book 3) by Julie Christianson
- Devilish King : Valentino Empire, book 1 by kylie Kent
- Brushed With Love (Surfing The Waves Book 1) by Fearne Hill <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Rescue Us (Next Generation Book 7) by J.M. Walker
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- The Assignment by Penelope Ward
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Hook, Line, and Sinker: A Novel by Tessa Bailey – March 1st 2022
- Mr. Wrong Number by Lynn Painter – March 1, 2022
- Like Me: A Novel by Hayley Phelan – March 1, 2022
- Hollywood Witch: A Magical Rom Com by Karina Halle – March 1st 2022
- Perfectly You (Luna Harbor Book 2) by Claudia Burgoa – March 1st 2022
- My Week with the Prince (Fun For the Holiday’s Book 3) by J. Sterling – March 1st 2022
- Sapphire Sunset (Sapphire Cove Book 1) by C. Travis Rice/ Christopher Rice – March 1st 2022
- The Love of My Life: A Novel by Rosie Walsh – March 1st 2022
- A Brush with Love: A Novel by Mazey Eddings – March 1st 2022
- By Any Other Name by Lauren Kate – March 1st 2022
- When He’s Sinful (The Olympus Pride Book 3) by Suzanne Wright – March 1st 2022
- Big Duke Energy (Seasons of Sin Anthology Collection Book 1) by Kerrigan Byrne , Christi Caldwell, et al. – March 1st 2022
- Only One Love (Only One Series #7) by Natasha Madison – March 1st 2022
- Stone: A Pittsburgh Titans Novel by Sawyer Bennett – March 1st 2022
- A Tryst by the Sea: A Siren’s Retreat Novella by Grace Burrowes – March 1st 2022
- Phantom Game (A GhostWalker Novel Book 18) by Christine Feehan – March 1st 2022
- Ashes in Venice: A Vengeance Thriller by Gojan Nikolich – March 3rd 2022
- The Bully (Calamity Montana) by Willa Nash – March 3rd 2022
- Redemption: Book Four of the Renegade Series by Ann Lexi Cole – March 4th 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!