9:47am UPDATE!!! I’m working on today’s list, plus putting up Mony’s “Best of 2021” list!! HAPPY MONDAY and happy daylight savings time!! I love when it stays light out in the evening… I can do more things, like walk and shop (I’m. not a huge “driving at night” fan)!! Though that also means it will get hotter here in Florida soon, and I’ll be moaning about that. 😉
1.) I spent the weekend in Bradenton again, and had a wonderful time exploring how pretty it is and going to a few fun restaurants. Also I had my very first trip to Costco.
2.) We had a huge rainy weekend (well sorta – Friday and Saturday) but OMG Saturday was so windy (blowing the palm trees all over the place) AND my car. I was clutching my steering wheel on the highway at times ’cause it was pretty crazy.
3.) I slept so well two weeks ago (the whole week) and yet this week is a no-sleep week. Like maybe 5 hours if I’m lucky (and not in a row). I hate when that happens. I even listen to soothing sleep sounds and while I fall asleep pretty much immediately, I’m wide awake a few hours later. *sigh* Stupid insomnia.
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- Those Three Words: A Single Dad, Billionaire Boss Romance by Alexis Winter <— LIVE IN NANNY TO THE GRUMPY BILLIONAIRE!! “…When budget cuts at my local school leave me scrambling to find a job before I get evicted, I stumble upon the listing of a lifetime. How hard can being a live-in nanny for a little five year old girl be? Especially when it’s double the salary and comes with a sexy, single dad. But the moment I step inside Graham Hayes multi-million dollar estate and meet the grumpy billionaire—I know I’m in way over my head…”
- Rex : A Dark MC Romance (A Dark & Dirty Sinners’ MC Series Book 9) by Serena Akeroyd
- The Inconvenient Love (Better With You Book 4) by Briar Prescott
- Killer Looks: A rom-com suspense prequel novella for the Assassins in Love series by Tawna Fenske
- Teeny (Dark Slayers MC Book 7) by Aria Ray <— HER BIKER BODYGUARD/FAKE FIANCE!! “...My father insists I need protection and he’s not wrong. Unfortunately, the Dark Slayer’s MC is the only game in town with enough muscle to take on the mob. The first thing the Slayers do is assign me a fake fiancé to protect me and my bar. I don’t need some biker thug tracking my every move and bossing me around. But if I want their help to find the real killer and free Dad, I gotta put up with it. Playing a couple with Teeny, an outrageously gorgeous Dark Slayer bodyguard, is not easy…”
- Alpha’s Clarity: A Darkverse Novel (The Clarity Series Book 1) by Cassandra Faye
- Through Crimson Irish Light (The Unexpected Prince Charming Series Book 3) by Ava Miles
- Fireman Daddy’s Determined Little (Firefighters Daddies Little Series Book 17) by Scott Wylder
- Falling For The Doctor (Next-Door Addiction Book 1) by Lauren Wood <— SURPRISE BABY W/ THE SINGLE DAD DOCTOR ALERT!! “…Dr. Frank Collins was everything I wanted, with a smile to match. He was a good father and cared deeply for his patients. When he was at home, he was a maniac in bed and a man hard to handle. If only it wasn’t too good to be true. If only I wasn’t going to lose him completely if he found out all my secrets. Or when I found out all of his. He won’t want me, or his baby…”
- Curse of the Mummy’s Hand: 1920s Historical Cozy Mystery (Starfire Cozy Mystery Book 5) by London Lovett
- The Dragon Prince’s Secret (Royal Dragons of Alaska Book 4) by Elva Birch
- Big Deck Energy (Anything for Love) by Kim Loraine <— SHE FOUND THE PRO HOCKEY PLAYER ON A DATING APP BUT DIDN’T REALIZE WHO HE WAS!! “...Everything was falling into place until it all came crashing down and I remembered why I’d written off dating in the first place. Because Ethan Byrne wasn’t just @BigDeckEnergy. He was a pro hockey player. #41, the center for the Seattle Cyclones, to be exact. He also happened to be my brand new client, and completely off-limits…”
- On the Fly (Rail Riders Book 4) by Nicky James
- Just Friends: A heart-warming, feel-good and funny romantic comedy by Jo Lovett
- One Lucky Night (Get Lucky) by Tracie Douglas
- Nothing (Kings of the East Book 2) by Charity Parkerson <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Suddenly Married (Suddenly Love Book 1) by Carmen Falcone <— HE’S RICH & FAMOUS & SHE AGREES TO MARRYING HIM!! “…Kira Jones is determined to make a new life for herself in the Big Apple. The catch? Babysitting a hot French bad boy zillionaire and keeping tabs on him in exchange for enough cash to open her own business. Easy, right? But after a paparazzo exposes her in a very compromising position with her new boss, the tables are turned—and she ends up agreeing to marry him!…”
- The Vice President’s Mistress (A Presidential Affair Book 4) by Jennifer Rebecca
- My Turn (Bookish Romantic Comedy Book 2) by Allison Jones
- Undateable: A Happy Endings Novella by Lauren Blakely <— FRIENDS-TO-LOVERS!!! “…As a friend and a co-worker to Gavin Sexy Pants Clements, I fit firmly in the “undateable category.” When he asks me to be his pretend date for his sister’s engagement party, I’m positive there’s no way this night will lead to a happy ending. But I’m his friend, so I say yes. Then I learn the secret to how friends can become lovers…”
- Shamrocks are a Girl’s Best Friend: Last Chance Beach Romance by Lucinda Race
- Sweet Revenge: A Mafia Romantic Suspense Novel (Callahan Syndicate Book 1) by Meaghan Pierce
- In Your Dreams!: An Unlikely Later in Life Love Story by Dana Michaels
- Protector: A Salvation Society Novel by Lia Fairchild
- Coming Up For Air by Megan Hart <— MEGAN HART ALERT!! ONE OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS! HER BROTHER’S BEST FRIEND & THEIR SECRET!! “…I knew Tom would be at the family reunion. I even knew we’d end up in bed. What Tom doesn’t know is that the husband he thinks waits for me at home is soon going to be my ex-husband…which means that finally, after all this time, Tom and I could have a chance to make what’s always been between us into something real. I love Tom, but I’m afraid it’s too late for us…”
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Big Deck Energy (Anything for Love) by Kim Loraine
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Wishes & Wings (The Birdsong Trilogy Book 3) by Nina Lane – March 15th 2022
- In a New York Minute by Kate Spencer – March 15th 2022
- Dating Dr. Dil: A Novel by Nisha Sharma – March 15th 2022
- Eve of Destruction (The League: Eve of Destruction Book 1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon – March 15th 2022
- Love on the Lake (Lakeside Book 2) by Helena Hunting – March 15th 2022
- Wicked as Seduction (Trees & Laila, Part One) (Wicked & Devoted Book 5) by Shayla Black – March 15th 2022
- An Affair by the Sea (Siren’s Retreat Quartet Book 2) by Erica Ridley – March 15th 2022
- Shenanigans by Sarina Bowen – March 15th 2022
- Once Upon A Broken Crown: A Fairytale Retelling Anthology – March 15th 2022
- Medici: A Dark Romance by J.J. McAvoy – March 15th 2022
- The War of Two Queens (Blood And Ash Series Book 4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – March 15th 2022
- Tangled Up In You (Whisper Lake Book 6) by Barbara Freethy – March 15th 2022
- The Summer Getaway: A Novel by Susan Mallery – March 15th 2022
- Mr. Bloomsbury by Louise Bay – March 15th 2022
- Sadie on a Plate by Amanda Elliot – March 15th 2022
- A Ballad of Love and Glory: A Novel by Reyna Grande – March 15th 2022
- Lead Me Astray by Sondi Warner – March 15th 2022
- The War of Two Queens (Blood And Ash Series Book 4) by Jennifer L. Armentrout – March 15th 2022
- My Single-versary (Happy Endings Book 1) by Lauren Blakely – March 16th 2022
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
I fell asleep today listening to an author interview. It was good too, now I have to go back and try again. Time change is not agreeing with me. I think it takes like a week for me to adjust. Sooo tired this morning. I was gunning to put everyone to bed at 7 last night bc to me, it felt later. They won, and there was lots of grumbling about how light it was outside. I prefer darker earlier, but not 6pm.
1. Watched the first episode of The Dropout on Hulu last night and it’s really good, will definitely be continuing.
2. Am currently eating steak chili over roasted potatoes topped with cheese. It’s delish. I like to do different things with leftover chili so we don’t get bored of it.
3. I am planning on some different green foods for St. Paddy’s day this week. I don’t usually celebrate, but I’m in the mood. Tonight, I’m slicing green peppers so that I get the shape of a clover and cooking an egg in each slice. Simple and fun.
I really want to make the whole corned beef and cabbage deal. And maybe I’ll add carrots and fingerling potatoes to the mix. YUMMMMY! Maybe I should pick that up tonight.
The one and only corned beef I made wasn’t a hit, so I saw this recipe today and it looked really good. I may or may not try it depending on my laziness. 😂
1. Listened to some jazz this weekend. Great music. A little venue…very low key. Good for the soul. 🙂
2. Made a big turkey pot pie. It was really good. Turkey, mushrooms, carrots, onions, celery, bit of turmeric & thyme & wine. Great while binging on The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel series.
3. My list this week: arrange cleaning lady, clean out little drawers throughout house (we’ve no idea what’s in those), buy birthday cards & gifts (??), bring more bags to St. Vincent de Paul. Exciting week, eh?
Sounds delicious, Mony! I love Marvelous Mrs, Maisel. Need to catch up on the last season.
OMG turkey pot pie… one of my favorite comfort foods. Any pie, really. 😉 Tourtieres!
1. I was diagnosed with diverticulitis on Friday and immediately placed on a liquid diet for 3 days so I could not be happier to spring forward an hour (though 72 hours would have been better).
2. I just ate real food finallyyyyy. Turkey breast cutlet, spinach, and rice. Super exciting! I still have to stay pretty bland for a few more days but anything is better than broth.
3. I watched the new Scream last night and really enjoyed it! Kind of makes me want to do a marathon!
Oh, I’ve been meaning to watch that! I loved those movies. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, I sympathize! Glad you’re able to eat again.
Thanks! It definitely could have been worse!
If you like the old movies, I bet you’ll like this one! It’s pretty gruesome though. I don’t remember that from the old ones but it’s been forever!
I’m glad you finally got some actual food!
YAY new Scream!! I’m adding that to my R. Renee horror list. I forgot about that one.
Also I had to look up diverticulitis. Did you feel sick?
I had pain and bloating in my abdomen that wouldn’t go away. I finally went to urgent care on Sunday but didn’t trust their diagnosis (food poisoning 🙄) so I followed up with my doctor’s office on Wednesday and had a CT on Friday.
1. New addiction greek yogurt with kashi cereal mixed in
2. I had an extremely low key weekend as I’m suffering from some hip issues that kept me down
3. Instead of reading (like I need to), I binged Arrow on Netflix. I’m addicted….it might be Stephen Ammell’s abs…just saying.
I haven’t binge-watched anything in ages. I need to do that or watch horror movies. 🙂
I’m sorry about the hip issues. I hope it gets better soon.
Also I love both greek yogurt AND Kashi.
Maryse, I’m so sorry about your sleep issues. Insomnia is the absolute worst!
It is… it’s been days and days in a row of barely any sleep. My issue is if I wake up… there’s no going back to sleep until maybe an hour before I have to wake up. Ugh!!
Yet just a couple of weeks ago, I was sleeping like a baby (even if I’d wake up I’d go right back to sleep). I wonder why that happens? I’m guessing hormones.