HAPPY MONDAY!! I’ve compiled a list of new early releases that have gone live over the last 24 hours, including one by KARINA HALLE!!! 😀
1.) I’m addicted to that show “Alone” (I’m on season 3 now) where contestants are left in the wilderness (generally pretty cold), each one alone and completely separated from the others, and having to survive. They build their own camps, learn to hunt and fish and trap, make their own equipment (like flotation devices and canoes using what they find on the land)… it’s just SO MUCH FUN!! I dunno why, but watching it just brings me a sense of calm and peace (even when they are hungry for days because they haven’t caught anything, or when they’re cold). Some of the things they build are simply ingenious!!! Some of their huts and fireplaces and kitchens are just really so smart. I don’t think I could do it, but I almost feel like I’m learning while watching. 100% living off the land. P.S. Last man standing wins $500,000. And I think if you stay a whole year, A MILLION!!
2.) My dog tore through his 6th bed this weekend. Two of them were his own beds that he loved (one that he had for 6 months now, and he loved it like crazy <— that’s expensive!!) and out of the blue, he tore into it. I was so impressed that he didn’t mess with it, and now he has unimpressed me. 🙄 Four of the beds belonged to my minpins’ and one of them was THEIR favorite. He can be such a jerk and costing a fortune in replacement beds. I can’t wait until he grows out of this stage (he’s going to be a year old next month). He likes to pull the fluff out. He has chew toys and all sorts of toys EXCEPT for squeaky plushy ones ’cause what’s the point? He just gonna destroy them. And sure enough he sees these beds as fluffy toys. Grrrr!
3.) I have so many awesome books I want to read but I can’t choose which one next. They ALL sound amazing. I want to start Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid, but I also feel like trying a psych-thriller that has amazing reviews and a twisty ending. Also, I want to read the two Lucy Score books that everyone is swooning over. And these are just off the top of my head. The minute I open my Kindle there’ll be more calling me. I need to re-do my TBR list and stick to it. I dunno which to choose right now though… not a bad problem to have but I’m paralyzed!! LOL 😂
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited (one month free trial)!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP (one month free trial)!
- Black Rose: A Dark Gothic Romance (The Dracula Duet Book 2) by Karina Halle <— KARINA HALLE’S DUET CONCLUSION!! Black Rose is the sequel to Blood Orange and is not a standalone. Snap up this completed dark gothic vampire romance duet if you like:
- High spice
- Dark Academia
- Gothic Setting
- Vampires vs Witches
- Spooky vibes
- Reincarnated love
- Dracula re-telling
- Fantasy romance
- Magical Midlife Alliance (Leveling Up Book 7) by K.F. Breene
- The Wedding Witness: A Secret Pregnancy Romance (Forbidden Promises) by Sofia T Summers
- The Lost Mother of Ireland: A heart-warming and feel-good Irish romance (Starlight Cottages Book 6) by Susanne O’Leary
- Pucking Around: A Why Choose Hockey Romance (Jacksonville Rays Book 1) by Emily Rath <—SHE’S A PHYSICAL THERAPIST & THREE HOCKEY STARS ARE DRIVING HER CRAZY! “…It turns out Mr. Perfect is the playboy grinder for the Jacksonville Rays, the NHL’s hottest new hockey team…and I’m his new physical therapist. Oh, and the jerk doesn’t even recognize me! This fellowship is going to be the longest ten months of my life. Mr. Perfect Mistake will do anything to get back on my good side. Meanwhile, his best friend is the surly new equipment manager always riding my case…”
- My Silver Fox CEO: An Age Gap Best Friend’s Dad Romance (Forbidden Loves) by Audrey Robert
- Run For Your Midlife: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: Good To The Last Death Book Nine by Robyn Peterman
- What Heals Us: An Age Gap Romance (Falls Creek Book 2) by Maggie Gates <— SNOWED IN WITH HER FRIEND’S BROTHER!! “…It was going all fine and dandy until I got snowed in with my friend’s brother. Her much older brother. What happens in the cabin, stays in the cabin. Right? Wrong. When Austin Hale shows up on my doorstep, offering to help me with my list, I decide that I’d be crazy to say no. He’s new in town, and I’d rather not go on my journey of self-discovery alone. We can do this as friends...”
- Givers: MM Billionaire Romance (Upper Echelons Book 1) by Casey Cox <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Elemental Collective: Volume Three: An Elemental Paladins Spin-off Series by Montana Ash
- A Rival Most Vial: Potioneering for Love and Profit (The Side Quest Row Series Book 1) by R.K. Ashwick <— RIVAL POTIONMAKERS!! “…Two potion shops, one heated rivalry…until hate bubbles over into something else. Any adventurer worth their sword knows about Ambrose Beake. The proud, quiet half-elf sells the best, and only, potions in the city—until a handsome new shopkeeper named Eli opens another potion shop across the street, throwing Ambrose’s peace and ledgers far off balance. Within weeks, they’re locked in a war of price tags and products—Ambrose’s expertise against Eli’s effortless charm. Toil leads to trouble, the safety gloves come off, and right as their rivalry reaches a boiling point… The mayor commissions them to brew a potion together…”
- Spike (Burning Saints MC Book 6) by Jack Davenport
- Big Bossy Fake Fiancé: An Enemies To Lovers Romance by Lauren Cole
- Love and War (Beast of Burden Book 1) by E.M. Lindsey <— M/M WEREWOLF DYSTOPIAN TRILOGY! ALPHA FALLING FOR A HUMAN… “…Learning that my injuries were permanent made me question my abilities as an Alpha, but when my Wolf wanted to bond with the human who had been brought in along with me, I started to question my sanity. Never mind that I had no time for a mate, there was no way the resistance would follow a blind Alpha with a human as his bonded...”
- Rivers and Roads (Beast of Burden Book 2) by E.M. Lindsey <— PART 2 OF WEREWOLF TRILOGY!
- Racing the Storm (Beast of Burden Book 3) by E.M. Lindsey <— TRILOGY FINALE!!
- Payoff Pitch: A Vegas Venom Second Chance Baseball Romance (Venom Baseball Romance Series Book 1) by Kaylee Rose
- Flirting with the Stranger: A Reverse Age Gap Romantic Comedy (Harbor Highlands Series) by Gia Stevens <— HE NOW OWNS THE BAKERY THAT SHE WORKS FOR… “…The first time I met Van, I was instantly drawn to his charismatic smile and stunning good looks as I shoved dollar bills into his waistband. The second time I saw Van, he walked into my bakery as the new owner and boss. That time, I kept my dollars to myself. But there’s a problem, owning a bakery wasn’t his choice and all he wants is to sell. Somehow, I need to persuade him to keep the business, so I can keep my dream job...”
- Maniac’s Imp (Iron Punishers MC Book 3) by Ciara St James
- Shades of Pain (Shades Series Book 2) by Nikki Pennington
- Waking Her Demon (Strange Rockstars Book 1) by Natalie Barry and Alexis Pierce <— ROCK STAR HAS A DEMON IN HER… “…Shattered Festival is the nation’s biggest rock tour, and Corrupted Hellfire is headlining. When Christine finds out that Joseph, the only guy she’s ever loved, will be singing on the same stage as her, she finds herself falling apart with a desperate need to win his heart. Only, he doesn’t seem to remember her at all. She isn’t the only one with secrets, but which of them is more dangerous?”
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER (one month free trial) 😀
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Devour Me (Vampire Wardens/Werewolf Society Book 4) by Lisa Renee Jones – March 21, 2023
- In Isabeau’s Eyes (Kentucky Nights Book 1) by Lora Leigh – March 21, 2023
- The Girl in the Woods (Misted Pines Series Book 2) by Kristen Ashley – March 21, 2023
- Just a Little Hookup (A Dare Crossover Novel Book 1) by Carly Phillips and Erika Wilde – March 21, 2023
- Brutal Billionaire : A Standalone Novel (Brutal Billionaires Book 1) by Laurelin Paige – March 23, 2023
- In Their Hearts (Their Captive Bride Book 3) by Julia Sykes – March 23, 2023
- Struan (Guards of Clan Ross Book 3) by Hildie McQueen – March 24, 2023
- Boss in the Spotlight: A billionaire boss romance by Janie Grey – March 24, 2023
- Declan: A Reverse Age Gap, Single-Parent Romance by Laramie Briscoe – March 24, 2023
- Edge of Trust (Arrow’s Edge MC Book 6) by Freya Barker – March 27, 2023
- Shattered Spells: A Wild Hunt Adventure (Night Queen Book 2) by Yasmine Galenorn – March 27, 2023
- Chance (Steel Brothers Saga Book 25) by Helen Hardt – March 28, 2023
- The Bachelor (The Dalton Family Book 5) by Marni Mann – March 28, 2023
- So Close (Blacklist Book 1) by Sylvia Day – March 28, 2023
- Forever (Lair of the Wolven, The Book 2) by J.R. Ward – March 28, 2023
- The Gargoyle’s Captive (A Deal With A Demon Book 3) by Katee Robert – March 28, 2023
- Thirty Day Roommate (Thirty Days To Love Book 3) by J. S. Cooper – March 28, 2023
- Cruel King by K.A. Linde – March 28, 2023
- Break the Ice: A Brother’s Best Friend Sports Romance (Lakeshore U) by L A Cotton – March 28, 2023
- Alpha (Stope Packs Book 2) by Rebecca Zanetti – March 28, 2023
- Glory and the Master of Shadows (Lady Charlotte’s Society of Angels Book 4) by Grace Callaway – March 28, 2023
- The Unbearable Lightness of Being: A Novel by Milan Kundera – March 28, 2023
- Hopelessly Devoted (Rockers’ Legacy Book 9) by Terri Anne Browning – March 28, 2023
- The Scandalous Ladies of London: The Countess by Sophie Jordan – March 28, 2023
- One More Chance (Band on the Run Book 4) by Samantha Chase – March 28, 2023
- A Spinster’s Guide to Danger and Dukes (Ladies Most Scandalous Book 3) by Manda Collins – March 28, 2023
- Hotel of Secrets: A Novel by Diana Biller – March 28, 2023
- Yours Truly, The Duke: Say I Do by Amelia Grey – March 28, 2023
- Bad Mother by Mia Sheridan – March 28, 2023
- The Earl Next Door (Noble Charades Book 1) by Ashtyn Newbold – March 28, 2023
- The Build Up by Tati Richardson – March 28, 2023
- Over the Moon (Fated Mates Book 13) by Rochelle Paige – March 28, 2023
- Max Wilde’s Cowboy Heart: A Wyoming Wilde Novel by Jennifer Ryan – March 28, 2023
- I’d Really Prefer Not to Be Here with You, and Other Stories by Julianna Baggott – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Ex by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Enemy by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Brother’s Best Friend by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Roommate by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Why You Should Never Kiss Your Best Friend by Erin Nicholas – March 28, 2023
- Groundball (Vegas Heat: The Expansion Team Book 4) by Lisa Suzanne – March 30, 2023
- Whiskey and Willow (The Hamiltons Book 8) by SJ McCoy – March 31, 2023
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
I’m addicted to the show Alone as well!! I would go crazy with the silence and the cold!!
Ditto!! I like alone and silence but not that much alone and silence. The cold would annoy me, but I think the hunger would whittle away at me most. They catch food for a day and it’s amazing and they are so happy, and then a few days later… no food except for berries and they’re back to starving again.
And yet, I LOVE when they build their homes, and all of these creature comforts to give themselves a sense of normalcy and order and organization.
How many seasons have you watched, Kathy?
I think 2 or 3 seasons!! I love the seasons with the women on it!
Me too!!! Season 3 was my favorite so far, but I am also really enjoying season 5 right now (because it’s in Mongolia, and they brought back 10 contestants from all the previous seasons for their potential redemptions).
I had a lab mix who chewed everything too. Her and her brother from another 😂. But, they could never have any soft toys either and Nylabones and such never lasted long. Anything too close to their crate, my couch, my clothes, my bedding, you name it was chewed. And I tried so many beds over their lifetimes- all ruined fairly quickly. They just couldn’t have them. She calmed down at 5 years. He did too, but he didn’t even get a bed until he was a senior. By that time, he was using the couch and she preferred the floor. I ended up getting him a raised bed like this https://kuranda.com/ and he used it in his last years.
He’s just nuts!! The sweetest, smartest, most fun dog I’ve ever known, and yet. total jack-ass when it comes to dog beds. ROARRRR!!!
Lol, I can picture his glee while doing it too. Gotta love that puppy dog look though.
1. I am trying some new recipes this week. Every now and then I get adventurous. I’m sure the kids will be thrilled. 🤣 I’m doing a tofu poke bowl (I have never worked with or eaten tofu- what could go wrong?) and Hawaiian loco moco because Pintrest showed me them and they looked good.
2. I waited until the last minute to get formal wear shoes and now I’m in a mood because nowhere close has what I need and I don’t have time or patience to hunt elsewhere.
I made a hamburger casserole (2lbs of hamburger meat, tiny shell noodles (and I mean tiny – soooooo cute!!), Raos tomato sauce, ketchup & mustard & sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese throughout and then on top of it.
It was a success. Everyone loved it, but because of all of the noodles, I can’t partake much. *sigh*
That sounds really tasty, I will have to make it. Do you eyeball everything or have a recipe? For the amounts of sour cream, ketchup & mustard and pasta.
I eyeballed it all.
What I did was just scroll through 3 or 4 various hamburger casserole recipes (including a Keto one)… got the “feel/palate taste” idea for what it should taste like, and picked the best ingredients from it all, and just went to work. Didn’t follow a single recipe as they are pretty close anyway.
I did leave out onions since the whole house here is anti-onion (not even cooked into a recipe… it sets of a chain reaction of Uggghhh noooo onionssss).
I mixed a good squirt of Hellman’s mayo (don’t tell anyone I used that because it is not liked, in this house lol 😂 ), and a huge squirt of mustard (again shhhhhh nobody likes that in this house) and then a huge squirt of ketchup (everyone’s ok with this ingredient) and a huge dollop of sour cream. Pretty liberal with it all.
Stirred it all together so nobody could tell what was what, and poured it onto the cooked ground beef. Poured in half a jar of Raos tomato sauce (use whatever you like). Poured the noodles into the casserole dish too, and quite a few bunches of shredded cheese into that also. Stirred it all up, so it’s nice and evenly coated, then poured a layer of shredded cheddar cheese on top.
P.S. (Oh yeah!! I also seasoned the ground beef when pan-frying it with Montreal Steak Spice).
Cooked it for a good 20-30 minutes at 350, then broiled it for a couple of minutes to get the top layer of cheese nice and toasty.
It turned out amazing. My man told me it was essentially homemade hamburger helper (which made me laugh, ’cause it’s true) but MUCH better tasting, and it was enough to feed the boys for two whole dinners (it’s all they wanted to eat). 😀