HAPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!! I know I’m especially late this morning but it’s ’cause I’m riveted at all of the posts on the Oscars last night (You know what I’m talking about). 😉 I can’t stop reading the comments on the situation as a whole… but I’m here now and ready to discover new books!! 😀
1.) I totally missed the Oscars yesterday… so I woke up to some crazy news… yikes!! Can’t stop reading about it…
2.) I was going to watch horror movies yesterday (had a few lined up and ready to go…) and then instead I fell asleep early. I was really looking for to this specific horror duet that had my attention. (Lovely Molly & The Exorcism of Molly Hartley). Both movies have 4 out of 5 stars as an average and that’s enough for me to give it a go (since horror is notorious for terrible star ratings). 😂
3.) I went to an AMAZING restaurant this weekend (Michael’s on East) in Sarasota, and had a great time (they have amazing service and staff and the “maitre d” – or is he the manager? – is hilarious and super cool). Unfortunately I was not in the least bit hungry so I grazed on stuff and chose something small and light (a Mediterranean medley type thing with pita bread triangles and nice big slices of English cucumbers, and 3 different dip thingies – one of feta cheese, one Baba Ganoush & one hummus, that I couldn’t even finish). It was delicious. But I couldn’t even eat that. *sigh*
P.S. When they bring you a basket of bread before you even order, and the basket contains FRESH & WARM Walnut Raisin bread, two things of fresh, warm white bread, and a whole bunch of big super-thin chick pea and caraway seed crisps (also warm) drizzled in olive oil (plus of course all the butter on the side for the rest), let’s just say this “low carb girl” was struggling. <— LOL!!! And yes, I did eat a piece of the raisin bread and I DID eat a few of those chickpea crispy bread thingies. They tasted soooooo weird (I think it’s the caraway seeds) but I loved them anyway.
P.P.S. The men had humongous steaks, perfectly seasoned. Perfectly cooked. <— That would have been my choice had I actually been hungry. *sigh again*
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- Say It’s Forever by A.L. Jackson <— A.L. JACKSON!!! I LOVE THIS AUTHOR! SHE NEEDS A JOB & HE NEEDS THE HELP! “…Jud Lawson found me stranded in the rain. “…Broken down on the side of the road in a deserted neighborhood with my piece of crap car. I wasn’t looking for a hero, and definitely not one who looks like him. An obscenely hot, mountain-of-a-man who screams danger. But I have little choice other than climbing onto the back of his bike...”
- Forced Bonds (The Bonds that Tie Book 4) by J Bree
- Love You Wrong: Friends to Lovers Office Romance Romantic Comedy Prequel by Julia Kent
- Her Falcon (Shifted Love Series Book 7) by Fiona Davenport
- Dead Drop (The Guild Book 2) by Tate James <— SHE’S A MERCENARY!! “…All I’ve ever known is the Guild. They clothed me, fed me, raised me. They trained me. And in return I became their perfect weapon, their loyal soldier, their deadly asset. For as long as I can remember, the Guild has been my life. But now, it’s about to become my death. Not everyone is cut out to be a mercenary. I’ve watched countless colleagues fail in their missions and pay the ultimate price. I’ve watched peers lose their minds with the weight of the work we do, and pay with their lives to keep our secrets. I never thought I would become one of them…”
- Love’s Treasure: Navy SEAL Dives Deep for Love (Sunset SEALs Book 7) by Sharon Hamilton
- Kisses of a Rebel Rogue (The Duchess’s Investigative Society Book 5) by Samantha Holt
- Taken By A Sinner: A Greek Mafia Romance by Michelle Heard
- All The Write Moves: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: My So-Called Mystical Midlife Book Three by Robyn Peterman <— WHOOOOPS! SHE WROTE A BOOK & NOW HER FRIENDS ARE IN HELL! “…Going to Hell has never been on my bucket list… until now. The fact that I can speak that sentence without laughing or losing my mind is absurd. However, my life has veered into a very tricky tale that rivals any of my books. The villain has been banished. I’ve written her right into an infernal doom. Unfortunately, a few of my very dear friends, fictional and real, have been caught up in the horror story and they’ve taken the trip down under as well…”
- Nope, Nada, Never (Three of Me Book 1) by Sedona Ashe
- Backup Wife (The Jilted Wives Club Book 4) by Bethany Lopez
- All the Discord (Needing Harmony Book 1) by Jaliza A. Burwell
- Plot Twist by Danielle Allen <— SHE DIDN’T SEE ANY OF IT COMING... “…Breaking up is hard. Breaking up with the love of your life is harder. Falling in love after heartbreak is the hardest. And Kendra Davis didn’t see any of it coming...”
- The Un-Arranged Marriage by Laura Brown
- States of Love: Alaska Adventurer: A Steamy Forced Proximity Enemies-to-Lovers, Opposites-Attract Mountain Man Romance by Ann Omasta and Callie Love
- More Than a Pair of Jeans: A Sweet Small-Town Romantic Comedy (Cowboys of Stargazer Springs Ranch Rom Com Series Book 1) by Remi Carrington
- Rock and Troll (Mystical Matchmakers Book 1) by C.C. Wood <— HE’S A TROLL. SHE’S A WOOD NYPH & THEY MEET ON A DATING APP… “…Dylan is a wood nymph who’s tried everything. Even human dating apps. But none of it has worked. Surely punching your date in the nose because he can’t keep his hands to himself is a sign that he’s not right for you. Except there’s a postcard from Mystical Matchmakers in her mailbox. Maybe she can give love another try. Clay is a troll who likes his life just fine. He’s a little lonely, but it’s hard to find a date because…well, the whole troll thing. Then, his meddling, baby-crazy mother signs him up for Mystical Matchmakers…”
- Malum Discordiae: An MM Dark Academia Enemies-to-Lovers Paranormal Romance by Ashlyn Drewek
- Billionaire Hotshot—Jace: A Single Dad Enemies to Lovers Romance by Scarlett Avery
- Stuck with a Date: A Second Chance Romantic Comedy by Georgia Coffman <— HIS EX WINS A DATE WITH HIM! “…It’s all fun and games… until my ex-girlfriend wins a date with me. I only agreed to do the bachelor auction because it’s for a good cause. But I never signed up to go out with the woman who ran out on me, taking our dog—and my heart—with her. At first, I refuse. I don’t trust her, or myself...”
- The Tangled Sky: A Wild Hunt Adventure (Hedge Dragon Series Book 2) by Yasmine Galenorn
- Stone Cold Awesome (Reapers MC: Nomads Book 3) by Bijou Hunter
- Getting it Right: A Standalone Romantic Suspense Duet (Addy’s Rollercoaster Romance Book 2) by Michelle Mankin
- Worst Best Friend Ever: A best friends to lovers military romance (A Time For Love Book 3) by J. S. Cooper <— SHE LIED TO HER PENPAL 😉 “…I started writing to Cody two years ago while he was stationed at a base overseas. I’ve told him everything about my life…only I slightly embellished some parts. Like the fact that I’m really into sports, have a serious boyfriend, and I’m in my fifties. I had my reasons, you see, but now he wants to meet and I’m scared he’s going to think I’m a big liar. So I decide to tell him that I’m his penpals daughter, yeah, nothing like adding oil to the fire...”
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- All The Write Moves: A Paranormal Women’s Fiction Novel: My So-Called Mystical Midlife Book Three by Robyn Peterman
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Detective’s Daughter by Erica Spindler – March 29th 2022
- Just One Wish: A Kingston Family Novella by Carly Phillips – March 29th 2022
- Four Aunties and a Wedding by Jesse Q. Sutanto – March 29th 2022
- How to Be a Wallflower: A Would-Be Wallflowers Novel by Eloisa James – March 29th 2022
- Beauty and the Baller by Ilsa Madden-Mills – March 29th 2022
- Searching for Lilly (Eagle Point Search & Rescue Book 1) by Susan Stoker – March 29th 2022
- Fear Thy Neighbor by Fern Michaels – March 29th 2022
- Falling Hard (Crimson Point Protectors Series Book 1) by Kaylea Cross – March 29th 2022
- Song of Scarabs and Fallen Stars: An Egyptian Mythology Time Travel Romance (Fateless Trilogy Book 1)by Lindsey Sparks – March 29th 2022
- A Relative Murder (A Medlar Mystery Book 4) by Jude Deveraux – March 29th 2022
- Urban Witch by Eve Langlais – March 29th 2022
- Foretold: A St. Bastian Institute Novel by L.H. Cosway – March 29th 2022
- Love is Grand (Grand Love Book 2) by Rachel Blaufeld – March 29th 2022
- Just One Wish: A Kingston Family Novella by Carly Phillips | Mar 29, 2022
- Desire’s Addiction by Mari Carr and Lila Dubois – March 29, 2022
- King of Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novel by Lara Adrian – March 31st 2022
- Forever & Always, Trading Yesterday #4: A friends to lovers, second chance sports romance by Kahlen Aymes – March 31st 2022
- The Resistance Girl by Mandy Robotham – March 31st 2022
- My Evil Mother: A Short Story by Margaret Atwood – April 1st 2022
- Kiwi Gold (New Zealand Ever After Book 4) by Rosalind James – April 1st 2022
- Incandescent by Christina Lee | Apr 4, 2022
- Seize the Night (The Original Sinners Pulp Library) by Tiffany Reisz – April 5, 2022
- Nightingale: An Anthology for Ukraine by Skye Warren – April 5th 2022
- Business Not As Usual by Sharon C. Cooper – April 5, 2022
- A Family Affair: A Novel by Robyn Carr | Apr 5, 2022
- Summer on the Island: A Novel by Brenda Novak | Apr 5, 2022
- Gold Lust (Sin Series Book 3)| by Aleatha Romig | Apr 5, 2022
- Claimed by the Barbarian Dragon (Crystals, Curves and Castles Book 1) | by Terry Bolryder | Apr 5, 2022
- Frozen In Ice by Cynthia Eden | Apr 5, 2022
- Crimson Summer by Heather Graham | Apr 5, 2022
- Constantly Cotton (The Flophouse) | by Amy Lane | Apr 5, 2022
- Room Mated: A Standalone Reverse Harem Romance (Roommates Book 4) by Stephanie Brother | Apr 5, 2022
- Lover Arisen (The Black Dagger Brotherhood series Book 20) | by J.R. Ward | Apr 5, 2022
- To Marry and to Meddle: A Novel (The Regency Vows Book 3) | by Martha Waters | Apr 5, 2022
- The Tangled Sky: A Wild Hunt Adventure (Hedge Dragon Series Book 2) | by Yasmine Galenorn | Apr 5, 2022
- The Wedding Crasher: A Novel by Mia Sosa | Apr 5, 2022
- Cheaters: A Dark Romance Anthology by Abigail Davies , Cole Denton , et al. | Apr 5, 2022
- Speakeasy: A Time Travel Novel (Book 1) by Elyse Douglas | Apr 5, 2022
- Boss Witch: An Opposites Attract Paranormal Rom-Com (Fix-It Witches Book 2)| by Ann Aguirre | Apr 5, 2022
- Angel Bluff: A Davenport Heiress Mystery by Jill Sanders | Apr 5, 2022
- The Close-Up: A friends-to-lovers romcom (I Heart SF Book 1) by Sarah Smith | Apr 5, 2022
- Business Not As Usual by Sharon C. Cooper | Apr 5, 2022
- The Date from Hell: A Novel (Match Made in Hell Book 2) | by Gwenda Bond | Apr 5, 2022
- Girls of Flight City: Inspired by True Events, a Novel of WWII, the Royal Air Force, and Texas by Lorraine Heath | Apr 5, 2022
- The Resurrection of Wildflowers (Wildflower Duet Book 2) | by Micalea Smeltzer – April 6th 2022
- Antichrist by Amo Jones – April 6th 2022
- Famous in a Small Town by Kylie Scott | Apr 7, 2022
- Parks and Provocation: An Enemies to Lovers Small Town Romance (Green Valley Heroes Book 2) | by Juliette Cross | Apr 7, 2022
- Five of a Kind: Kind Brothers Book 5 | by Sandi Lynn – April 8th 2022
- Flirt by Adriana Locke | Apr 8, 2022
- The Secret by Max Monroe | Apr 9, 2022
- Mansplainer (Last Man Standing Book 3) | by Avery Flynn – April 11, 2022
- To My Dad’s Hot Best Friend (The Inappropriate Bachelors Book 7) | by J. S. Cooper – April 11, 2022
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
Sounds so delicious, Maryse! I too, have been reading the comments on the Oscars. Pretty intense moment, that’s for sure.
1. Just got done with lunch. I made an open egg roll skillet with shrimp. It’s good, but I’m not losing as much as I’d hoped and it’s discouraging. Still sticking with healthier eating, but didn’t think it’d be this hard to see more results.
2. Finished The Book of Cold Cases this weekend and really enjoyed it. I think I was definitely more creeped out with Sundown, but this one was entertaining none the less.
3. Visited with my Aunt and my parents, did a little clothes shopping for summer (not for me though, lol) and sorted and got rid of a ton of toys. I have more to do this week, but the decluttering feels so good.
Oh I’m glad to hear you like The Book of Cold Cases!
It went in a different direction than I was expecting, but I went with it and the more detail it went into, I was on board. Love her writing and both main characters were interesting to picture. I especially liked the background into how Beth was raised.
I’m struggling with my diet too right now… I need to get back to counting calories I think. Calories in… calories out.
But your open egg roll sounds AMAZING.
I try not to count calories too much or I’ll obsess. But mainly pick better choices, amp up the veggies and fruits, pay attention to protein, not too many noodle dishes or anything like that and smaller portions. Cut out soda completely and way way down on lattes and if I do get one, smaller or modify. And add in the exercise, I figure it should be working. But, meh. I haven’t even lost my first goal of 5lb.
Also decluttering for me coming soon… lots of donations to prepare.
It’s so much work, and doesn’t look like I put a dent in much, but I know I got rid of a ton. Definitely need to do more too besides toys. At least shedding weight there. 😂
I have to sort through so much this weekend. Clothes I haven’t worn in years, books to donate etc etc… I am overwhelmed with “extras” and I’m more of a minimalist. I know once I do a thorough sorting, I will feel so much better.
I loathe going through clothes the most, I think. I definitely need to get rid of a stack or 2 of books, but I’d love to get rid of some of the stuff in the attic and the catch all room. I have pots, pans, plastic Tupperware and other kitchen bowls and what not that I kept “just in case.” It takes up so much room. And I’d love to tackle the junk drawer.
I didn’t watch but have been reading about the incident and listened to the Pop Culture Happy Hour take on it.
It reminds me of “in books only” stuff. Like is it happened in a book I’d roll with it, but irl? No. I feel so bad for the other winners who didn’t get a better atmosphere to celebrate in.
1. I’m on a tea and toast with honey kick right now.
2. I’m reading two books simultaneously and almost done with both.
3. I love all the reading I’m doing but now miss watching shows. I need to try and find a balance.
This is a nice take on the night.
I had no idea about Jada’s condition and I really wonder if CR did, but I can’t imagine. Still, I agree. A person’s appearance should be off limits regardless.
I thought the same thing, bev… had I read it in a book, it would have been a “crazy part” but might not have phased me because they’re fictional characters. This is… not so much…
Lots of real feelings here.
RELEASE DAY: TAKEN BY A SINNER by Michelle Heard
Buy for $2.99 or KINDLE UNLIMITED! (Greek Mafia, Enemy to Lover, Arranged Marriage, Age-Gap Romance) Amazon Link Below:
Thank you Nancy! I posted it. 🙂
1. I just got these adorable shoes for my Mexico trip next week and it’s shocking to me how many things I have that match them. Especially since red is probably my least favorite color! 😆 This is an orange-y red so that’s a little different. https://amzn.to/3wRDujM
2. A friend of mine sent me several jars of home canned tuna and I’m obsessed with it. I had it for dinner last night and lunch today. The difference between home canned and store bought is night and day–and I’m talking about the “good” stuff!
3. We watched CODA last night in lieu of the Oscars and it was fantastic. I’d never even heard of it until yesterday.
Canned tuna??? I’m so curious. I love raw tuna, but tuna in an actual can (store bought) is really not my thing. Maybe I’ll bite a tuna-salad sandwich, but I won’t love it, or make myself one.
It’s not my thing either. I wanted to like nicoise salad so much that I tried a few higher end brands and they all tasted bland and dry. The home canned tuna isn’t dry at all and the flavor is insane. I’m either going to have to learn how to pressure can or fly her down here to make it for me! I’m sure it cost her a pretty penny to ship!
P.S. I bet those shoes will be comfy!! Let us know how they turn out.
I also have never heard of Coda, so I’m going to watch it too.
Canned tuna is totally my thing. That would be cool try. And very fun shoes!
Maryse, I’m hungry just reading your post.
1. I’m happy today (even though I felt a wee bit bad for the Cinderella team)…my UNC Tarheels made the Final 4 for NCAA Bball. Sorry ladies…I know it’s not books or movies…or shows…
2. I’m still binging Arrow…I’ve never seen a show with so many seasons and episodes. But I’m not complaining….it’s kept me busy. I think I may need a break to watch Season 2 of Bridgerton though 😉 I took time out to watch the Oscars last night…wowza.
3. Still battling some hip issues…I have a dr. appointment on Wednesday and hope to get a game plan together then.
Let us know how the appointment goes. I hope well, my friend.
I hope your appointment goes well and your able to find a plan that helps.
OMG i forgot I pre ordered this. I think it was Fated Mates? But maybe a different podcast? They were super excited over Katee Robert’s The Dragon’s Bride, especially for the cover.
I had to join in the fun and on a whim pre ordered it however many moons ago.
Anyway, if you all haven’t yet you have to check out the cover.
Some of the content notes/tags:
falling for the monster husband you never wanted
if you sexy run I will sexy chase you
I just found out from Goodreads that C S Stephens has written a 2.5 book of Thoughtless from Kellan’s point of view. I can’t wait!!!
You are so right Ana!!! I added it to the upcoming new releases page. I’m SO EXCITED!!!!!!