HAPPY MONDAY EARLY BIRD RELEASE DAY!!!
1.) Halfway through The Last House on Needless Street, and I like it well enough, it intrigues me, but I don’t love it yet. I am happy to pick it back up but I’m definitely not devouring it. Normally by now I’d put it down and start something else but the reviews are just too crazy intense awesome that I feel like the best part is coming. It all seems too obvious for me (piece by piece, more is explored and I’m realizing stuff that seems apparent enough) but I’m still hoping for that amazing twisty-gotcha like everyone promises! P.S. It’s listed as horror, but I’m not scared yet.
2.) Last week was meh, creatively and organizationally for me. My favorite is when I’m full of gusto and have a bunch of projects I can’t wait to start on, but I felt just… tired. I can’t wait to feel like myself again. 🙂 So to decompress I deep-cleaned and cooked and enjoyed just some fun home basics over the weekend.
3.) Saturday, I made enchiladas! Sooooo yummy!
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited (one month free trial)!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP (3 months free trial)!
- That Time I Kissed The Groomsman Grump: A Sweet Romantic Comedy by Julie Christianson <— MAID OF HONOR & THE BEST MAN!! “…Brady Graham and I used to be friends. For a while there, I was even the teensiest bit attracted to him. But Brady’s sister is marrying my brother, and my brother is Brady’s best friend. How awkward would family dinners be if things went south? We need to let our mutual attraction fizzle out. Except…nothing seems to be fizzling. With all the time we’re spending together as Maid of Honor and Best Man, our attraction’s just burning hotter…”
- Stolen (Bitten and Bound Book 2) by Amy Pennza
- Garron Park: MM enemies to lovers romance (From Nothing Book 1) by Nordika Night
- Witch Way to Alaska (Silver Sisters) by Jennifer L. Hart
- Strayed by A. M. Wilson <— HE WAS A BAD HUSBAND, SO THEY DIVORCED & THEN SHE COLLIDES INTO HIM AT AN AIRPORT… “...one random Sunday afternoon, I collide with someone in a crowded airport and look up into Corjan’s familiar, intense blue eyes. I’m scared of my own reaction. The racing heart, the sweaty palms, the shock telling me I’m not over him. I do the only rational thing and escape as fast as I can onto my connecting flight. The problem? I accidentally grab his cell phone from the floor and leave mine behind. Now we’re a thousand miles apart and he has my entire life in his hands, and I have his in mine…”
- Cosmic Cardio (Once Upon a Bite Book 2) by Charity Parkerson
- Affection Of A Wolf (Dark Moon Pack Book 4) by Jennifer Snyder
- A Spinster’s Guide to Matchmaking (The Spinster Sisterhood Series Book 1) by Beatrix St. John <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!! SHE’S A MATCHMAKER! “…Lady Eleanor Pembroke may be a spinster, but she is also considered the most esteemed matchmaker in London society. After years of successful matches, the time has finally come to find her brother, the Duke of Norwich, the perfect bride. Eleanor sets her sights on a young lady who would make the perfect match. The only obstacle in her way? The lady’s overprotective and arrogant brother: the Marquess of Kerwood…”
- Teasing Her Grumpy Boss (the one where opposites attract) (Billionaire Bosses, Forbidden Flings Book 3) by Natalie Anderson
- Spring in the Pretty Beach Hills: A gorgeous sweet romance. by Polly Babbington
- To Love a Scot: A Regency Historical Romance (The Highland Knights) by Jennifer Haymore
- The Enemy of My Enemy Is My Lover (Marston Series Book 1) by Cassandra Morann <— SHE SNEAKS INTO BALLS BUT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME SHE’S BEEN CAUGHT! “…Consummate aristocrat Viscount Rowan Marston is the head of his large family, and when he sees a beautiful woman he doesn’t recognize at his ball, he goes after her. With a touch in the dark, a strange connection with a beautiful thief, and a sense that she might be the solution to all his problems, Rowan offers a deal. Help him steal some incriminating papers from the one person Samira hates most of all, the man who ruined all their lives...”
- Accidental AF (The Accidentals Book 13) by Dakota Cassidy
- Ruthless Betrayal: A Dark Mafia Romance (Vengeance & Vows Book 3) by Hope Stone
- With You In Wild Orchards: A small-town romantic women’s fiction by Rania Battany <— SHE RETURNS TO HER AUNT’S SMALL TOWN… “…Luna discovers her aunt was hiding more than the secret she buried twenty years earlier. Searching for answers, Luna returns to the small town Juliette had once loved; to the trees guarding their secrets. There’s one problem. The pine forest is on private land. That land belongs to the sexy-but-guarded Jamie…”
- The Agony Aunt Chronicles: Dear Doctor Love by Susan Murphy
- Code Red: A Mafia Romance by A. Marie
- Crushing on Ice: A Sweet Small-Town Fake Dating Hockey Romance (Palmer City Voltage Book 4) by Kerry Evelyn
- Royal Lovers : An N.L.W Anthology <— ROYAL ROMANCE ANTHOLOGY!! “…Five talented authors have come together to bring you pages full of royal romances. A collection of short stories waiting royally to be read. Whether that be a fake relationship, or marriage, a knight in shining armour, or a handsome prince sweeping you off your feet…”
- Unexpected Sparks: An Instalove Romance Story by S. Alexander
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— 30 day FREE TRIAL.
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Happy Place by Emily Henry | Apr 25, 2023
- Deep Tide (The Texas Murder Files Book 4) by Laura Griffin | Apr 25, 2023
- Crushed (Gold Hockey Book 18) by Elise Faber | Apr 25, 2023
- Phoenix (Gems of Wolfe Island Book 6) by Helen Hardt | Apr 25, 2023
- A Rogue’s Rules for Seduction: A Novel (Last Chance Scoundrels Book 3) by Eva Leigh | Apr 25, 2023
- Tessa’s Trust (The Anna Albertini Files Book 5) by Rebecca Zanetti | Apr 25, 2023
- Perfect Enemy: Book 2: Beckham Dynasty by M. Robinson | Apr 25, 2023
- Moorewood Family Rules: A Novel by HelenKay Dimon | Apr 25, 2023
- Just as You Are: A Novel by Camille Kellogg | Apr 25, 2023
- Only Love Can Hurt Like This by Paige Toon | Apr 25, 2023
- A Cruel Arrangement (Kings of New York) by Tijan | Apr 25, 2023
- Colorado Cowboy by Diana Palmer | Apr 25, 2023
- Heresy (Antihero Inferno Book 4) by Lily White | Apr 26, 2023
- Found in a Bookshop by Stephanie Butland | Apr 27, 2023
- Thirty Day Roommate (Thirty Days To Love Book 3) by J. S. Cooper | Apr 27, 2023
- Nowhere to hide by Nora Robert | Apr 30, 2023
- A Summer Surprise at the Little Blue Boathouse (Love Heart Lane, Book 11) by Christie Barlow | Apr 30, 2023
- Accidental Attachment by Max Monroe | Apr 30, 2023
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
1. My strep has pretty much cleared up. It’s still sore when I yawn, of which, I wouldn’t let myself until today, but otherwise on the up and up. The antibiotics suck for my stomach though so I haven’t been able to eat very much.
2. My van is back in the shop, again. *sigh* We have had it back and forth there since December. And it’s never anything small. I’m so afraid to drive it every time I get it back. We’re maybe going to look into something else, I’ve only had it 5 years, and we really can’t afford it after all the construction on the house last year. But neither can we keep up with the cost and inconvenience of repairs.
3. I have had the worst year, like, truly the worst. It’s hard to find up from here. I bought a sage kit and I’m cleansing as soon as it arrives.
I know what you mean with cars…. We are car rich but drivable car poor…… my new car is at a repair shop in North Carolina from hitting a deer on vacation in November, we live in south Alabama!!!! We had it for 7 DAYS!! Needless to say I’m trying to keep our old van going but it needs new tires but I don’t want to spend the money on it if we could just get the new one back,!! I’ve had to borrow my moms also because it’s at least dependable…. We are working with the insurance company to found out if they can get ours back before the end of May. I’m so frustrated!!! On top of that stress, our household is dealing with a head cold that’s going around this past week so we’ve been miserable lately. I at least got to enjoy the beautiful day yesterday!!
One way to look at it is, there is always light at the end of the tunnel!! I may do the same with a sage kit!!!
That is crazy they’ve had it since November! I’ve never heard of repair shops taking that long. Totally get all the other stuff on top of it too. 😔
Thankfully we have another vehicle I can use in the median, which I thought was an unnecessary purchase at the time, but it’s certainly come in handy as of late. It is no where near equipped for car seats though. An absolute chore when I’ve got all the babysitting kids (5 in boosters/car seats) to fit them all in. And they’re all closer so the noise and the touching! 😩😅
Trust me, the insurance also said it shouldn’t take this long…. But it’s because they can’t get the correct seatbelts!!! It’s minor damage but with the safety rules on some brands the seatbelts go off like airbags and suck you to the seat….. so we wait…. My husband is to the point of telling them to keep it, but it’s the first luxury car ever for me even though we bought it used🥺. I’ve always had minivans but now that my kids are both driving I finally got me something I could enjoy, NOT… 😖😫
That blows my mind- seatbelts! Seems like it should be simple. I hope something gets figured out soon for you!
I should do the same. Sage, or meditate, or just… I dunno.
I’m just… meh. I have plenty of good days, but when I’m feeling meh, it can last a whole week (and maybe more) where I’m just not productive. And I LOVE being productive. I always feel so fulfilled.
I love setting up herb gardens, and tomatoes and cooking my heart out, one dish after the next, and planning, and organizing areas to make them even more efficient, and this week feels like it was a loss.
But at least I’m reading. That is making me feel like I’m at least doing something good and entertaining me.
Maybe it’s because I’m still getting used to my new home/city/surroundings and am still feeling things out. I remember when I bought my last house, it took me 1 or 2 years before I finally used the super bubbly spa tub that was in it. LOL! It was mine, and it was the most relaxing thing, and I was too “new” at that house that there was tons of stuff I didn’t use at all, at first. Like it wasn’t mine yet. <---LOL!! So weird 🙄
I can’t imagine how hard it is to uproot to another city and figure out all the things and comforts as well as maybe work out a new village of sorts. Start a book club! Have people over and do a dinner party? Since you love cooking.
I don’t know that I love being productive, I always feel like I’m barely holding my head above water. But, this school year has definitely tested my abilities to see the bright side. I’ve not felt stuck in a rut (ok, depressed) for a such a prolonged period in a looooong time. Like, I legit feel cursed. And isolated in it, probably. My MIL asked which of us broke a mirror this year- it’s really like an epic proportion of things going wrong. Just trying to ride the wave until summer and hopefully some changes will come my way. I’m throwing a Neverland/pirate like movie viewing party for our little family this weekend. It gives me some sense of joy to make some magic in the mundane.
I’m the same, when I’m feeling blah it can last a week… but I’m wondering if sometimes my body is just saying it’s time to rest…. I’m always trying to do too much for too many people and never enough for myself… I’m 47 and I keep saying I will slow down when my youngest kid graduates high school, in 2 years, but I doubt it!😳🤣
I think it’s that too, sometimes. Just some time to ourselves is needed and then a recharge.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/1043347932/ Just received this beauty in the mail! Do I HAVE to burn it? It’s too pretty. But, I know I need to. Lol!
Oh it is gorgeous!!! I’d love to have a pretty bowl of them.
And ugh about the van issues. That sucks. Especially since in essence it’s only 5 years old. I guess vehicles don’t last like they used to. Mine is getting old but I love it, and I’m not anxious to get a new one.