HAPPY MONDAY EARLY NEW RELEASES!!! I’m still working on today’s list so keep checking back.
P.S. Here are May’s Amazon First Reads. I choose “You Look Beautiful Tonight” (but it was a toss-up. I also wanted The Silent Bride). What did you choose?
1.) I watched this really great horror movie on Shudder (at least I think it is ’cause I wasn’t expecting much though it’s definitely my catnip – mother wanting to bring her dead child back to life… eeeeeeeek!!) Well acted (I love the main character – she was in True Blood, and loved her there too), great story with a scary slow burn. And when the twist is revealed, it’s a good one. And I loved that ending!! It’s called “From Black“. Wow if only all scary movies were this interesting and in depth, I’d be so happy!!
2.) I went to a local beach here that has tons of shark teeth we can dig for. Very cool. I didn’t do much digging (I found pretty shells instead) but my crew found a bunch of tiny shark teeth. No big ones yet, but this was our first time.
3.) I’m hooked on tortellini right now. We made a bunch of three cheese tortellini in pesto sauce, and have a ton of leftovers and it’s the only thing I’ve been eating for days now. I know it’s not Keto but I need gentle comfort foods, so I’ll worry about carbs later. 😉
Okay now you tell me yours?
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited (one month free trial)!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP (3 months free trial)!
- Not Today, Cupid (The Harts Book 2) by Jennifer Bonds <— HER BOSS’S BROTHER!! “…Development updates, acquisition delays, and…holy hell, why does he keep looking at me? I don’t work for him. I work for his brother. Which is good, because otherwise I’d spend every meeting secretly wondering what actually lies beneath that cool, aloof demeanor. Like, is he an uptight geek in the boardroom…and a sexy-assed freak in the bedroom? He’d better not find out I’m the one stuffing the company suggestion box...”
- Sins of the Son: A Dark Enemies to Lovers Romance (Cavalieri Billionaire Legacy Book 2) by Zoe Blake
- Iced Out: A Rival’s Sister Hockey Romance (Heston U Hotshots Book 1) by Veronica Eden
- Interning For A Billionaire: Grumpy Comedy Romance (Billionaire Bosses) by Erica Frost
- Waking Innis Bree: Highland Legacy Romance by Linda Hughes <— THREE MEN IN LOVE WITH HER & ONE OF THEM IS A GHOST! “…When Innis Bree MacIntyre finds herself alone in Scotland on her honeymoon after being dumped at the altar, she’s flattered when three men vie for her affections. (Never mind that one of them is dead.) Thrust into a 300-year-old romance mystery involving her highlander ancestors, she awakens to a yearning for a kind of love like none she’s ever known. Discovering their shocking secrets inspires her to satisfy her own unfulfilled dreams in ways she never before imagined. And it turns out there’s only one man who can fulfill those dreams...”
- Dear Mr. Dad Bod: A Steamy Age-Gap Romance by Nichole Rose
- You Are Not Me (’90s Coming of Age Book 2) by Leta Blake <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- His Caged Wolf: MM Wolf Shifter Romance (Shifter Falls Book 1) by Alex McAnders <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Forever Violet by Jessica Sorensen <— JESSICA SORENSEN’S LATEST! AFTER BEING BITTEN SHE’S NOW ONE OF THEM!! “...A year ago, I was attacked by werewolves. I’ve hated their kind ever since. Now, I’m being told I’m one of them. That Jules, a tortured, gothic werewolf prince, is my soul mate and that I may one day rule over a werewolf pack...”
- Call Sign: King (Black Sky Ops Book 2) by Livia Grant
- Earls Rush In by Jennifer Haymore <— HISTORICAL ROMANCE!!
- Sergeant’s Sweetheart: Coming Home Series (Romance Bunnies) by Tamrin Banks <— MILITARY ROMANCE
- Playing for Keeps by Julie Hammerle <— SHE PRETENDS THE SECURITY GUARD IS HER BOYFRIEND… “…when a complete stranger (cute, though possibly unbalanced) enlists him as her fake boyfriend, Jake knows he’s making some questionable choices…especially when he inexplicably goes along with it. Now these two mismatched misfits are temporary allies against a town filled with happy, normal, and annoyingly stable people…“
- Here’s the Scoop: The Way to a Woman’s Heart Romantic Comedy (Coming Home Trilogy Book 2) by Sheridan Jeane
- When She’s Wary (Risdaverse) by Ruby Dixon <— SHE WAS STOLEN FROM EARTH! “…Being stolen from Earth has taught me that there’s nothing in this universe to be trusted. Not people, not promises. So I make sure that I’m prepared for the worst at all times. I fill my homestead with pit traps. I make weapons for fun. I avoid my friendly neighbors. And I never leave my house if I can help it. So when I find a deathly-ill cat alien on my living room floor, I do what any sensible human woman would do...”
- Instant Heiress (Deep Dark Secrets Book 2) by JJ Love <— SHE WANTS TO CLAIM THE THRONE! “...For some reason it’s on unwritten rule that it’s a man’s right to claim the throne, no matter what. It’s the old school way. You’re just supposed to accept it. And right now, I’m expected to accept my fate. But that’s not me, it’s not who I am. I’m not old blood, I’m new blood, and I have a craving for power that will rival most men...”
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— 30 day FREE TRIAL.
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Fallen Foe (Cruel Castaways) by L.J. Shen | May 9, 2023
- I Will Leave You Never: A Novel by Ann Putnam | May 9, 2023
- Whiskey (Dark Water Series Book 2) by J.L. Drake | May 9, 2023
- Queen Charlotte: Before the Bridgertons came the love story that changed the ton… by Julia Quinn and Shonda Rhimes | May 9, 2023
- P.S. You’re The Worst: An Enemies-to-Lovers Standalone Romance by Jane Anthony | May 11, 2023
- Salace by Yolanda Olson and K. Larsen | May 11, 2023
- Blaze: A small town EMT romance. (Bradford Station Book 3) by Laramie Briscoe | May 12, 2023
- The Space Between Now & Forever (The Space Between Duet Book 2) by Melissa Toppen | May 12, 2023
- About That Night (The Young Brothers Book 1) by Erin McCarthy | May 15, 2023
- Seven Rules for Breaking Hearts: A Novel May 16, 2023
- Strictly Business (Business or Pleasure Trilogy Book 1) by Lisa Renee Jones | May 16, 2023
- North Bay Road by Richard Kirshenbaum | May 16, 2023
- Meant For Me (Paradise Bay Billionaire Brothers Book 6) by Claudia Burgoa | May 16, 2023
- Famous for a Living by Melissa Ferguson | May 16, 2023
- The Troublemaker (Sex & Bonds Book 2) by Jessica Peterson | May 16, 2023
- Summer Reading by Jenn McKinlay | May 16, 2023
- Chapel Bend: An Enemies to Lovers, Small Town Romance (Huckleberry Bay Book 3) by Kristen Proby | May 16, 2023
- Dirty Filthy Billionaire: A Dirty Universe Novella by Laurelin Paige | May 16, 2023
- Wicked as Secrets (Matt & Madison, Part One) (Wicked & Devoted Book 7) by Shayla Black | May 16, 2023
- The True Love Experiment by Christina Lauren | May 16, 2023
- Untamed King: A Dark Arranged Marriage Mafia-Inspired Romance (Badlands Underworld Book 1) by Nina Levine | May 18, 2023
- The Poppy Sisters by Deborah Carr | May 19, 2023
- Tessa’s Trust (The Anna Albertini Files Book 5) by Rebecca Zanetti | May 20, 2023
- Harbored in Silence (Aspen Pack Book 4) by Carrie Ann Ryan | May 22, 2023
➔➔➔ Looking for more book releases? Check out the upcoming new releases here or check out the latest new releases here.
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!
Oh, my son would spend hours hunting teeth. That’s something I’d like to do, but feel like there’s probably a learning curve. And yum on tortellini! I love it with sauce, but also in soup. I bought a turkey breast at the farmers market and will have to eat it all week- it’s big. Very good, but now I need more creative uses for leftovers.
1. I’ve been dreading replanting my succulents and am planning on that today. My jade plant has some kind of fungus, I think, and I got a spray for it so we’ll see if it works. It’s one I’ve had for years. Also, my burro’s tail is so low on soil, I’m replanting in a different pot. And I dk what this other is, but, they’re all dehydrated and leggy and I’m going to attempt to clip and fix them. Heh 😅
2. I’ve got a busy next few weeks. These are the last weeks of school. 2, 2hr. days of me time left. And the schedule is otherwise packed.
3. My oldest has started The Outsiders in school- I can’t wait to bug her about it and see what she thinks. I’ve been trying to get her to read our copy and was going to do it with her this summer. She watched some of the movie with me and was afraid of the fight. Silly, bc she’s my horror movie lover.
I’m reading Divine Rivals right now and absolutely loving it! I feel the chemistry- enemies to lovers is my favorite. Super excited to see where it takes me, I don’t want to put it down.
I finished The Right Move by Liz Tomforde and gave 4 stars. Maybe if I’d have read it quicker, 4.5? Great chemistry, loved both the hero and heroine. I read it as a stand-alone, didn’t read the first in the series, which is based on another couple, and wasn’t lost or anything.
Also finished As Long as the Lemon Trees Grow. I heard amazing things about this one and wasn’t disappointed. It didn’t read as a debut to me and I’d read more from the author for sure. It was interesting learning more about Syria, and heartbreaking. I just would’ve liked a quicker pace and the romance was sweet, but maybe over powered what I wanted to see? I gave 4 stars.
I need to re-read or watch the Outsiders. I remember loving it, but I haven’t watched it since.
We have the whole end of the school year rush at my place two. The twins are graduating high school, and the little one can’t stand the thought of any more school, He’s ready for summer.
I need to handle a few extra plants that didn’t do well in the front of the house (too much sun at the hottest part of the day), so that will be a near-future project for me.
Yay for the book reviews!! Thank you. 😀
Did we have May’s first reads somewhere?
Ohhhh I totally forgot. I will go find them, post the list & choose mine. Thank you for reminding me!!
Okay I posted the link above (right at the top) + what I chose
1. I just devoured Rebecca Yarro’s The Fourth Wing. 5+++ stars for me. It is a fantasy book which kind of has a Hunger Games feel (although I had to compare it to that as it is so different in other ways). One of the best books I have read in years. It would make an amazing movie!!
2. So excited to watch the 3rd season of Indian Matchmaking on Netflix. It such a fun show to watch!
3. My hubby and I went to the Casino this weekend. We haven’t been there since the pandemic. While my husband played poker, I played the penny slots and won $2500. We treated ourselves to a nice steak dinner that night but then the rest unfortunately will go to our roof repair. Crazy, that to take off 8 solar panels to repair the roof (I had to hire someone separate for that job) is going to cost be over $1200 dollars. I told my college son, he needs to get in that line of work:)
I think I’m going to start that show next. I’m all done with “Alone” and I watched a preview of Indian Matchmaker and I think I’d like it.
HOLY MOLY amazing win this weekend!!!
And yes, the roof anything is so expensive. $30,000 for our roof. I almost fell out of my chair. Here I was thinking… what? $16,000? Boy times have changed.
Thank you for the review!!! I’ll be adding it sometimes this week. 😀
Kathy I am so excited about The Fourth Wing. I’m not usually into fantasy romance but I did devour Hunger Games, so I think I’m going in. I need a change of pace.
Soooooo many are saying the same thing you are.
1. We’re back from Athens and had a fantastic time. No more travel for me until we get our airbnb up and running. So no more travel for a while, probably. The list of things to do is never ending!
2. I’ve got thick pork chops, cabbage, and potatoes to make for dinner. I just don’t know what I want to do with it. I’m lazy but hungry and that’s a bad combination!
3. I can’t get into Ted Lasso this season. I watched one episode and then saw too many bad reviews about the rest. I’m trying to replace it with Shrinking, which has a similar feel, but it hasn’t grabbed me the way the beginning of TL did. I need more ALONE! Maryse have you watched any of the spin-offs yet? I only know about Alone Beast. Other than that I’m pretty hooked on The Challenge World Championship!
I haven’t watched any yet, but I absolutely will. It’s like I needed a quick break (so I watched movies) and then, I lost Pimmie, so I didn’t watch ANYTHING AT ALL for a week. I couldn’t bear to try and get into anything.
But I’m ready to go back in. 🙂
What was your favorite thing in Athens? And also your favorite foods? I’m dying to know. Greece is a big wish list for me.
I’m so sorry about Pimmie. My heart is broken for you.
My favorite thing was climbing the Acropolis. I love the Porch of Maidens and I could have stared at it all day. With my back/leg issues we didn’t think I’d even be able to do it, so I was pretty happy I could.
I am having serious feta withdrawals. I can’t even describe to you how good it was. And when I told our food tour guide that it’s nearly impossible for me to find it any way but crumbled, I thought she was going to pass out. I also obviously loved cheese pies. LOVEDDDD. It’s like a feta filled turnover and omg it’s soooo good! And I loved the greek salads because…feta. 😆
TBH, pretty much all the greek restaurants we went to had the same menus, and I got tired of it after a while. We ended up seeking out other things and I discovered the best Chinese food I’d ever had in my life!
Also, liters of wine for under $10 is 👍
Sounds amazing, and Feta is one of my favorites too!! Publix here has an amazing Feta that is in a block, and it’s slightly more mozzarella like in the moistness vs. dryness.
I refuse to buy the crumbled but rarely see the block where I live. And when I do it’s cow’s milk cheese.