1.) We had family over on Saturday for a cookout! Smoked brisket (delicious and my favorite!), roasted potatoes, “pig shots” (made in the smoker too. Those are a piece of Kielbasa sausage, wrapped in bacon and spicy cream cheese to top it off – we topped a few with a slice of jalapeño on top, too), plus salads and pies and it was a full house but a happy one for sure. 😊
2.) I think we might just do it again tonight (have another mini reunion), but this time, homemade chicken enchiladas and also using the rest of the brisket and turning that into brisket enchiladas, too. And Spanish rice. YUMMY!!! Very excited about that.
3.) In anticipation for guests on Saturday, I cleaned the whole house, finished all my laundry, and we did all of our groceries for the week, so now… it’s just going to be a relaxing reading day for me. 😀
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
➔➔ Kindle Unlimited (one month free trial)!
➔➔ KINDLE UNLIMITED DEALS!! 6 months, 1 year & 2 years!! I’m gonna get the one year. 😀
➔➔➔ AMAZON MUSIC UNLIMITED MEMBERSHIP (3 months free trial)!
- Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell <— NOT A NEW RELEASE BUT MY MAN LOVED IT! He says it’s an amazing TRUE STORY about survival and sacrifice and it’s WAY BETTER than the movie (I like his style lol!! 😉 ) and he says some made the ultimate sacrifice for country and each other. What better book for today? I did watch the movie with him and HOLY MOLY that was crazy. So I can imagine this book really hits hard. He also says it would make a great Father’s Day gift for next month. 😉 LOL!! He already has it so it wasn’t a hint to me. I’m thinking something for his smoker (like a special temp probe that connects to wifi or something) Shhhhh… don’t tell him.
- Love Me Today: A Single Dad, Small Town Romance by A.L. Jackson <— A.L. JACKSON’S LATEST!! SHE BACKED HER TRUCK INTO HIS RANGE ROVER!! Eeeeeeep! “…I should have known I was in trouble when I backed my old, beat-up truck into the shiny Range Rover. The driver looked like a gorgeous fallen angel – one who’d been booted right out of paradise for being a giant prick. Good thing I’ll never have to see him again. Except when I show up for my new job to teach a little girl how to ride her horse, I find the same icy blue eyes glaring back at me…”
- Bite Me by Skye Alder
- The Reckoning: A Shattered Isle Novel (The Shattered Isle series Book 4) by Jade Presley
- Best Friend’s Brothers: A Why Choose Romance by Natasha L. Black <— HER EX IS STALKING HER, SO SHE MOVES IN WITH THEM!! “…Just when I thought nothing could be more enticing—or more forbidden— I encountered Rory Beckett, the irresistible firefighter and my best friend’s older brother. Fate brought me back into his life, along with his equally captivating brothers, Darren and Jeremy, at a cozy barbecue. Determined to stand on my own, I tried to resist their charm. But when my vengeful ex turned stalking into his new obsession, The Beckett brothers insisted on keeping me safe within their shared home...”
- Driven Wild By The Grizzly: A fated mates insta-love romance (Obsessed Mountain Mates Book 2) by Ariana Hawkes
- A Dose of Agony (Shadow Hills Academy: Relentless Book 3) by Stacey Trombley
- Only the Dead: A Thriller (Terminal List Book 6) by Jack Carr <— MY MAN ALSO FOUND US THIS ONE!!! It’s a fairly new release that I missed a week ago ’cause I focus on the romance 😉 But might be a great book for those that love this style. Maybe he’s hinting to me that he wants THIS one for Father’s Day. LOL!!
- Sugar Maple Lane: Book Three: SERIAL: A Sweet, Rural, Single Mom, Family Fiction, Clean, Small Town, Inspirational Romance (Sugar Maple Lane: A Serial, Quick Read, Small Town Sweet Romance 3) by Jada Stone
- Rock Climbing Therapy: A Sweet Romantic Comedy (The Jane Austen Vacation Club Book 3) by Lisa H. Catmul
- The Hat Trick: A Hockey Why Choose Romance by Madi Danielle <— THREE HOCKEY STARS ARE INTO HER… “…What’s the saying… the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. How about three someones. I didn’t expect the hot stranger who helped me face my ex to end up being an NHL Player and be interested in me. I really didn’t expect his two teammates to also be interested in me...”
- Omega Fallen: The Omega War #3 by Evelyn Flood
- Crushed But Not Defeated (Spark of Hope Book 5) by Nicole Dykes
- The Highlander’s Enchantress by Violetta Rand
- Silence (Fresh Hell Book 3) by Charity Parkerson <— M/M ROMANCE!! “…Back when Will saved Urban and turned his life around, Urban wasn’t in the right headspace to start a relationship. Too late, he realized, he should’ve said that. Instead, he wrecked Will and then Will made him pay. Now, they’re just two idiots who still love each other with no idea how to find their way back. All they have between them is silence. Someone has to be the first to break before it’s too late...”
- Play With Me: A Gay M/M One Night to Forever Sports Romance (Football Romance Book 2) by Holly Myers <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Pretty Savage Boys: A Dark New Adult Romance (Kings of McKenzie High Book 3) by Layla Simon
- Seven: A Dark Mafia Romance by Alys Fraser
- A Soldier’s Heart: Small Town Holiday Romances by Nancy Fraser <— SHE’S FINALLY ABLE TO BE WITH HER DAUGHTER FULL TIME… “…Captain Brianna Higgs is a little over three months short of retirement after serving her country for fifteen years. She now has a chance to be a full-time mother to the daughter she shared with her late husband, military sniper Liam Higgs. Brianna looks forward to telling five-year-old Bailey all about her hero father. The military has taught her to pivot with the punches. However, the one punch she never expected was to be in a custody battle with her late husband’s family...”
- Sworn Enemies by Jill Monroe
- A Knotty Deal: The Claiming of Cadence (Propositions of an Alpha Book 1) by Leann Ryans
- Sweet & Spicy : A Sweet Water Novel by Samantha Whiskey <— SHE’S SEEN AS THE EMBARRASSMENT OF HER WEALTHY FAMILY… “…I return home to Sweet Water fully prepared to do whatever it takes to pay for my past sins. Little did I know that would include working for the once-love-of-my-life James Harlowe. He’s everything I don’t deserve. Compassionate, funny, and good down to his core. And he has a kiss that makes me see stars. Our chemistry is as electric as ever, and the longer we work together, the faster I realize he’s the only person who’s ever seen me for me…”
- The Dark Sea Calls: A Reverse Harem Mermaid Romance (Twilight Lake – Book 2) by Michaela Haze
- Taste of Love by Ella Goode
- Possessing Eden: A Dark Romance (Disciples Book 7) by Izzy Sweet <— SHE ESCAPED HER ABUSIVE HUSBAND WITH HER INFANT… BUT THEN SHE MEETS SOMEONE… “…Unable to bear my abusive marriage one second longer… I go on the run with my infant son without a penny to my name. When I’m offered a job to spy on the most notorious crime family in the city, I jump on it. Willing to sell my soul to keep my son fed and safe. But Jude catches me in the act and becomes completely obsessed with me. Now he’s forcing his way into my life. Claiming my son and I belong to him. He’s so psychotic, he believes we were brought together by destiny...”
➔➔ BECOME AN AUDIBLE MEMBER 😀 <— 30 day FREE TRIAL.
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
- Love Me Today: A Single Dad, Small Town Romance by A.L. Jackson
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Esme Cahill Fails Spectacularly: A Novel by Marie Bostwick | May 30, 2023
- Once More with Feeling: A Novel by Elissa Sussman | May 30, 2023
- The Late Mrs. Willoughby by Claudia Gray | May 30, 2023
- Marrying Off Morgan McBride by Amy Barry | May 30, 2023
- The Girl Next Door by Cecilia Vinesse | May 30, 2023
- Chef’s Choice: A Novel (Chef’s Kiss Book 2) by TJ Alexander | May 30, 2023
- Psyche and Eros: A Novel by Luna McNamara | May 30, 2023
- Sweet Strings (Second Sets Book 2) by Aly Beck | May 31, 2023
- Don’t Marry Him (Fun For the Holidays) by J. Sterling | Jun 1, 2023
- The Second Half (40s, Love, and Romance Book 2) by Rachel Blaufeld | Jun 1, 2023
- We Just Couldn’t Say Goodbye: a time travel romance by Layne Deemer | Jun 1, 2023
- Rhode Trip (Road Trips & Romance) by L.B. Dunbar | Jun 1, 2023
- Fated (The Serendipity Series Book 4) by Carly Phillips | Jun 2, 2023
- Unfortunately Yours: A Novel by Tessa Bailey | Jun 6, 2023
- Royally In Trouble by Meghan Quinn | Jun 6, 2023
- Same Time Next Summer by Annabel Monaghan | Jun 6, 2023
- Hendrix: A Pittsburgh Titans Novel by Sawyer Bennett | Jun 6, 2023
- A Little Ray of Sunshine by Kristan Higgins | Jun 6, 2023
- Made For Romeo (Made For Series 4) by Natasha Madison | Jun 6, 2023
- The Captive Duke (Captive Hearts Book 1) by Grace Burrowes | Jun 6, 2023
- Torch (Men of Inked: Heatwave Book 11) by Chelle Bliss | Jun 6, 2023
- You Beautiful Thing, You (Bad Boys of Bardstown Book 1) by Saffron A. Kent | Jun 6, 2023
- Cherished Enough (Love in Montana Book 2) by Kelly Elliott | Jun 6, 2023
- Prepared: A Manual for Surviving Worst-Case Scenarios by Mike Glover | Jun 6, 2023
- We Could Be So Good: A Novel by Cat Sebastian | Jun 6, 2023
- Wolf on the Wild Side (Run with the Wolf Book 1) by Terry Spear | Jun 6, 2023
- Double-Decker Dreams: A Novel by Lindsay MacMillan | Jun 6, 2023
- Charm City Rocks: A Love Story by Matthew Norman | Jun 6, 2023
- Untamed Queen: A Dark Arranged Marriage Mafia-Inspired Romance (Badlands Underworld Book 2) by Nina Levine | Jun 8, 2023
- Knight (Laurel Springs Emergency Response Team Book 8) by Laramie Briscoe – June 9, 2023
- Prepared: A Manual for Surviving Worst-Case Scenarios by Mike Glover | Jun 10, 2023
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!