10:52am GOOD MORNING UPDATE: 😀 HAPPY MONDAY & HAPPY LABOR DAY!! As you can see, I’m taking it super-easy today because I’m late with this list. Oooops! I let myself sleep in (and I’m craving steak and eggs this morning) and I’m having a coffee, so I’m still working on the list as we speak, but keep checking back, ’cause I’ll be working on it for a few hours.
P.S. Author Leslie Fear and I are celebrating Labor Day with THIS podcast chatting about books (she interviewed me)!! AND… some of you here are mentioned. Tee hee!!!
- MY LATEST REVIEW is up in case you missed it. 😀 Book Review – Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover
- My lawn is starting to come together!!! 😀 Still work to do, but it’s not looking crazy anymore. I’m thinking I’d like to change out a few of my ornamental – though not so pretty – “bushes” for some sort of palms…
- My natural curly-wavy hair routine is coming together better each week so far!! Not so curly, but definitely defined curly-waves (TONS of them), and this weekend was the first weekend I got my “product level” in my hair just right because I was outside Saturday in the Florida humidity, and my hair did not frizz at all! I could actually pick up each individual curl clump they were so defined!! SQUEEEEEE!!! Even my “chin length and a bit longer “bangs” were behaving. I didn’t need to use my curling iron at all this time. I think I’m a 2b to 2c in my “curl” level. I think I’m on week 4 or 5 of this experiment? I use my Olaplex 3 treatment once a week now (before washing my hair and I’m loving it!), then my LUS “Wavy” system trio (exactly as they say to), and also this time instead of my curl defining gel, I put this in my hair about an hour after “plopping” my hair: Lisap “High Tech Hair Mousse Wet Effect” (it’s actually more like a gel when it comes out. I can’t find this on Amazon – my mom brought it to me from Canada a couple of years ago so if anyone knows if there’s a dupe for sale here, that would be awesome. It smells like Sprite or 7-Up so my mom and I call it the 7-up mousse. LOL!!) and then once it was all dry and defined (and still looked wet) I worked out the “cast” that it made on my hair and it looked GREAT!!!
TODAY’S BLAST FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 :
- 5 years ago today, this is what I was reading (AND LOVING!): Currently Reading… Hollywood Dirt by Alessandra Torre (and I’m loving it!!)
- 6 years ago yesterday, this one made us ALL CRY SO HARD!! So many of us were buddy-reading it, and holy moly I will never forget it! Book Review – Bright Side by Kim Holden
- 7 years ago today, this TOTALLY FORBIDDEN one took my straight out of my comfort zone and made me cringe and creeped me out and I gave it 4.5 stars ’cause I couldn’t out it down! Book Review – Good by S. Walden
- 8 years ago today, this super-angsty love triangle was a huge favorite amongst our crew and it made me so mad. I didn’t give it the best stars but to this day, I can’t forget it. It stayed with me. Book Review – Taking Chances by Molly McAdams
- 11 years ago today, I fell in love all over again, and this might be my favorite out of the entire series (other than Acheron, of course). 😉 I gave it 5 STASR! Book Review – Night Embrace by Sherrilyn Kenyon
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- EXTENDED THROUGH AUGUST!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲❤️ WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Glow (Brewed Book 3) by Molly McAdams <— LIVE!!! MOLLY MCADAMS SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE ALERT!! “...she’s back. Different hair. New style. Kid clutching her hand.
Not a trace of the Madison Black I knew. A down-home girl with the sweetest smile and drawl. The rebel with a spirit that glowed so bright. But with one conversation, that girl starts to reappear…”
- Forbidden Mate For The Soldier Bear (Shifter Nation: Special Ops Shifters: L.A. Force Book 4) by Meg Ripley
- Branagan (The Kelly Brothers Book 3) by Mila Crawford and Aria Cole
- From Best Friend to Husband: A Pumpkins and Proposals Novel (The Harvest Ranch Romance Series Book 1) by Lucy McConnell
- Fearless: A Salvation Society Novel by Chelle Bliss <— LIVE!! BROKEN JEEP IN A NEW TOWN ALERT! “...My parents taught me how to survive on my own. But a handsome stranger thinks he’ll be my saving grace. A challenge leads to a lip lock I can’t quite forget. I always swore I’d never fall for an alpha like my father. And Austin Moore is as bossy as he is sweet...”
- SOULMATE by Ritianne Fenech
- Mothers and Daughters: A beautiful, uplifting family drama of love, life and destiny by Sian O’Gorman
- Deviated: A Salvation Society Novel by Esther E. Schmidt
- Seduced by my Bully (I’m Yours Book 3) by Elisa Leigh
- Reformation: A Salvation Society Novel by Chelle Sloan
- Seconds: A Salvation Society Novel by Freya Barker <— LIVE!!! FREYA BARKER’S LATEST! “…I’m a criminal defense lawyer determined to build my own firm from the ground up. My ex, the new prosecutor, complicates things; especially when the animosity between us infects the whole courtroom. Then I meet Callum—my brother’s friend, a bounty hunter, and the accused in my new case...”
- Fated for Her Wolves: A Reverse Harem Paranormal Romance (Hungry for Her Wolves Book 6) by Tara West
- Faithless: A Salvation Society Novel by Megan Green
- The Thin Gold Line: A Forbidden Friends to Lovers Romance by Jillian James
- Rocky Falls by Daphne Drake
- Crossed Lines: The Philly Love Tales by AP Smith <— LIVE!! SECOND CHANCE ROMANCE WITH A FOOTBALL STAR ALERT!! “…Six long years and hundreds of miles have separated Xandri and Jace since she last saw him in undergrad. Since then he has become the greatest quarterback in the NFL, and while she is successful in her own right, her personal life is messy. Needless to say, she is shocked when Jace makes a surprise appearance at her Master’s degree celebration. All it takes is one night of rekindled friendship to remind her of their strong bond and magnetic attraction – and justify why she has dreamt of being his for a decade...”
- The Sea Witch (Wicked Villains Book 5) by Katee Robert
- The Alien Warlord’s Obsession: A Sci-Fi Alien Abduction Romance (Orean Warlords, book 2) by Aline Ash and Athena Aston
- Micah: An MC Romance (Heavy Hogs Book 9) by Elias Taylor <— LIVE! HER DOCTOR IS A BIKER!! “…I never thought my hot gynecologist would be a bad boy biker. It’s a crazy combination. But Micah is one of a kind…”
- Tank (Dark Falcons Book 2) by Em Petrova
- His First Time: Sterling: A Hot Shot of Romance Quickie by Callie Love and Ann Omasta
- The Full Force (The Sons of Mayhem Book 3) by Nikki Pink
- Her Bossy Billionaire (Love in London Book 1) by Natalie Anderson
- His Brown-Eyed Girl (A New Orleans Ladies Novel Book 2) by Liz Talley
- Wed to the Italian: A Fake Marriage Billionaire Romance by Bella King
- Before You Knew Me: An opposites attract romantic suspense novel (Having It All Book 3) by MaryAnn Clarke <— LIVE!! “…Attorney Sharon Beckett worked hard to lift her life out of the gutter. Her shameful scandalous past keeps her out of the limelight and firmly on the side of the establishment. And nothing else. In her mind, a pro-bono case for a skid row non-profit is the opposite of career advancement, but she’ll do what she must to climb that last corporate rung...” CAN be read as a standalone!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- ANXIOUS PEOPLE by Fredrik Backman – September 8th 2020
- EL DIABLO II by M. ROBINSON – September 8th 2020
- Addicted To Him (The Callahans Book 3) by Monica Murphy – September 8th 2020
- The Wreckage of Us by Brittainy C. Cherry – September 8th 2020
- To Whom it May Concern (The Hart Duet Book 1) by J. S. Cooper – September 8th 2020
- C-26 by D.D. Lorenzo – September 8th 2020
- Until the Last Breath by Shanora Williams – September 10th 2020
- Found in Flame and Moonlight (Highland Legends Book 4) by Kat Bastion – September 14th 2020
- Transcendent Kingdom: A novel by Yaa Gyasi – September 15th 2020
- Kane: An Arizona Vengeance Novel by Sawyer Bennett – September 15th 2020
- Thanks For Last Night (The Guys Who Got Away Book 3) Lauren Blakely – September 18th 2020
- When the Night is Over (Blackbird Series Book 1) by Lily Foster – September 20th 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).