HAPPY MONDAY AGAIN EVERYONE!!! 😀 !!! 30 Early birds just went live and that one to left sounds pretty fantastic!!
1.) I made meatloaf this weekend. And not in a Keto way at all. Bread crumbs, ketchup, it’s in there! However, a slice here and there couldn’t possibly have that many carbs… could it? 😉
2.) I have naturally curly hair (or exceptionally wavy – I’m learning about the difference) and for years now, I’ve been making it submit by curling it with a curling iron. So… I’m in my first couple of weeks of trying “The Curly Girl Method” to try and get my hair back. I ordered those LUS products (I got the wavy girl version) that I kept seeing on Facebook. I’m still in my “transitional phase” but each time I wash & condition & scrunch the definition gets better and better. I also bought microfiber head wraps (<— DON’T LAUGH!! 😏🤣 They look even goofier than you’d expect, EXCEPT that I like that I don’t have to “twist” my hair into a turbie-twist-wrap – this literally allows for the untwisted plopping)… for the whole “plopping” of my hair so my curls make nice thick curl “clumps” and stay defined. I will be reviewing soon enough, though so far, so good!! Definition for sure, and while these products won’t make hair curlier that isn’t, it will help curls become less frizzy and transition back to curly mode if we stop ironing them. 😂 And let’s face it, the reason I curl-iron my hair so much, is to fight the frizz and control the smoothness of my curls. Oh and also, I DO have silk-satin pillow cases (needed to help try and keep your curls from getting frizzy while you sleep), but I also bought this to sleep in at night (though it slips off at some point at night so not sure even how effective it is).
3.) I also ordered some products from L’Ange (also what I’m always seeing on Facebook these days – I actually have 2 of their curling wands that I love!). Super hold hairspray, a root booster and Sea Salt Spray for that beach look (<— smells great & is what I was most excited about ’cause I used to use the John Frieda one way back when and I was obsessed with it). I had never had prettier, beachy-curly hair than back when the original formula of that was still available and that scent was EXACTLY the beach for me. They’ve since re-released it, so I should order it too, and see how similar it is.
The L’ange one doesn’t smell like the old John Frieda one but it does *maybe* sort of smell “beachy” in its own way. I haven’t used any of these products yet, except for a touch of the finishing hairspray and HOLY MOLY HOLD!!! Though it’s a tiny bottle for the price. *hrmph* And so is that root booster (though I likely won’t need as much of that). I really expected the hair spray to be like a normal-sized can.
BLAST FROM OUR BOOK PAST 😀 :
- 6 years ago yesterday… this one freaked me out so bad, I had to put it down and walk away. I needed tons of moral support to get back to it… YIKES!!!!!! Book Review – The Tied Man by Tabitha McGowan
- 7 years ago today, I was on the edge of my seat waiting to read this forbidden love love triangle!! AND IT WAS AWESOME!!! Exclusive Book Trailer Release for “A Little Too Far” by Lisa Desrochers, and I cannot WAIT to read this! You’ll see why… 😉
- 8 years ago today, I 5-STAR loved this one!!! Book Review – Onyx by Jennifer Armentrout
- 9 years ago yesterday, I 4.5-STAR LOVED this angsty celebrity romance. This put SO many of us in a frenzy. One of my original early-indie favorites ever! Book Review – Love Unscripted by Tina Reber
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- EXTENDED THROUGH AUGUST!! ➔➔➔ TWO MONTHS FREE KINDLE UNLIMITED DEAL!!! <— If you haven’t tried it yet, now’s your chance. 😲❤️ WE ARE LOVING IT!
- Drive Me Wild by Melanie Harlow <— MELANIE HARLOW ALERT!! SHE’S STUCK & HE’S RELUCTANTLY HELPING HER… “…I’m a mechanic, not a hotel manager. I’ve got enough on my plate trying to keep my shop from going under, my overbearing mother off my back, and my baseball team in contention for the league championship. I don’t have time for a former debutante with zero street smarts and a cash flow problem, even if she is crazy beautiful. Problem is, she’s stranded in my small town, and I’m hiding a protective streak underneath my broody exterior that runs deep. So I offer her a place to stay and keep my hands to myself. For exactly one night...”
- Explosive (The Houston Defiance MC Series Book 1) by K E Osborn
- Hero Next Door (Next Door Romance Book 2) by Mia Ford
- Bodyguard Beast: An Enemies To Lovers Romance by Georgia Le Carre
- The Wife’s House: An absolutely unputdownable psychological thriller by Arianne Richmonde <— PSYCH-THRILLER ALERT!! SHE NEVER WANTS TO LEAVE HER HOUSE… “...The moment my husband showed me Cliffside—a sleek and modern glass home perched on the edge of the jagged Big Sur clifftops—I fell in love. And right there and then I made a pact with myself. I am never leaving this house. But when my husband was killed on the perilous roads leading up to the house, weeks after we moved in, I had a decision to make—leave the home I love and start a new life or stay and shut myself off from the world? I am never leaving this house. As I pieced together my shattered life, my mind began to play tricks on me…“
- The Ex Assignment (Rogue Protectors Book 1) by Victoria Paige
- Autumn’s Bane (Wild Hunt Book 13) by Yasmine Galenorn
- Touch And Go by Quirah Casey <— THE SOLDIER & THE SINGLE MOM NOT INTERESTED IN LOVE… “…Jamille Bechard has two priorities in life, her son and her business. Dating is not on the list, and that includes former soldier, Hudson Bailey. A little fun between them is okay, but love is not on the table, too bad her heart seems to have lost the memo. But Jamille has been scorned by love once and she refuses to let it happen again…”
- The Solace of Sharp Claws: Season of the Wolf (Fae Guardians Book 2) by Lana Pecherczyk
- Finders Reapers: A Paranormal Romantic Comedy (New Orleans Nocturnes Book 4) by Carrie Pulkinen
- End Scene (Love, Camera, Action Book 4) by Elise Faber
- The Reality of Everything (Flight & Glory Book 5) by Rebecca Yarros <— SHE’S STILL GRIEVING & HE’S THE SINGLE FATHER NEXT DOOR… “…Two years after the man she loved was killed in Afghanistan, Morgan Bartley is trying to put the pieces of her life back together. The reno on her dilapidated beach house in the Outer Banks might be just the distraction she needs to keep her debilitating anxiety attacks at bay and begin to heal her heart…if she can ignore the ridiculously handsome guy next door. At twenty-eight, single-dad Jackson Montgomery’s life revolves around his five-year-old daughter and his job as a search-and-rescue pilot for the coast guard. He’s no stranger to saving a damsel in distress, and though his gorgeous new neighbor is clearly in distress, she’s no damsel. She’s stubborn as hell...”
- A Class Forsaken (A Matter of Class Book 3) by Susie Murphy
- Ignoring the Rules (For Her Book 2) by Loni Ree
- Backup Plan (Boys of Silver Ridge Book 1) by Emily Goodwin <— THEY ONCE HAD A PLAN TO MARRY BY 30... “…when I go back to my hometown of Silver Ridge for the first time in years, I won’t pay him the slightest bit of attention. Well…until he convinces me to go out for drinks to catch up. I knew it was a bad idea the moment I agreed to it. And then he brings up our childhood promise. It might be fun and games to him, but it’s not to me. Because as much a I don’t want to admit it, Sam has always been my first choice…”
- Bad in Boots (Crossroads Book 1) by Em Petrova
- Bloodfire Academy: Cursed Magic by Alexis Calder
- Beyond His Control (Quad Series Book 5) by Aliyah Burke
- Thorn of Rose: A Beauty and the Beast Romance (Fairy Tale Royals Book 2) by Emily Deady <— RE-TELLING OF A CLASSIC!! “…Thorn of Rose is a fantasy retelling of Beauty and the Beast. It is a sequel to Shard of Glass, but can be read out of order. If you love sweet romance, a little bit of magic, and a self-assured heroine, than this story was written for you.”
- Perfectly Bad: Pierce – A Kidnap Romance by Alice May Ball
- Prince Michael the Bad (Dracula’s Bloodline Book 7) by Ana Calin
- The Assistant by John Tristan <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- The Revolutionary and the Rogue by Blake Ferre <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Not Used To Cute by Becca Seymour <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- When We Break by Cheryl Phipps <— SHE’S IN DANGER! “...Talia’s desperate search to find her daughter takes her to a small island where danger lurks in every shadow. Her ex-husband, a brutal and unstable foe won’t shake her resolve no matter his threats—or worse. Detective Nick Foster has had a drug dealer in his sight for years. Finally, with a chance to put him away for good, Talia forces her way into the investigation, and things go terribly wrong…”
- Meet Me In The Sunflowers by Sophie Blue
- Rose and Bane: (A Dark Paranormal Beauty and the Beast Retelling) by Brea Viragh
- Wicked Devil: An Enemies to Lovers, High School Bully Romance (Devils of Sun Valley High Book 1) by Daniela Romero
- Driving Stick (Bride of the Billionaire Book 2) by Jenna Rose
- Amber Eyes (In Their Eyes Book 1) by Gabbi Black <— THE GRIEVING DOM & THE NEW SUB AT THE CLUB… “…Rielle Reid needs a Dom while she waits for her former Master to return. When she invites a handsome stranger to her home dungeon for a night of play, she’s surprised at his gentle dominance—and her response to it. But in the light of day, his demand for equal footing confounds her. After living four years as a twenty-four/seven slave, she has no concept of how to be anything other than property. Gage must find a way to master Rielle to free them both from the shackles of the past...”
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- The Takeover (The Miles High Club) by T.L. Swan – August 25th 2020
- Always Crew (Crew Series Book 3) by Tijan – August 25th 2020
- Taunting Callum (Big Sky Royal Book 3) by Kristen Proby – August 25th 2020
- Hidden (The Texas Murder Files Book 1) by Laura Griffin – August 25th 2020
- Quarter Miles (Runaway Book 3) by Devney Perry – August 25th 2020
- EL DIABLO II by M. ROBINSON – August 25th 2020
- Her Bad Idea (Polyamorous Passions Book 7) by Sagan Morrow – August 25th 2020
- Temptation on Ocean Drive (The Sunshine Sisters Book 2) by Jennifer Probst – August 25th 2020
- Soul of the Crow: An Epic Dark Fantasy (Reapers of Veltuur Book 1) by Jessaca Willis – August 25th 2020
- The Wedding Date Disaster by Avery Flynn – August 25th 2020
- My Warrior (Bewitched and Bewildered Book 12) by Alanea Alder – August 25th 2020
- Penthouse Prince by Kendall Ryan – August 31st 2020
- Desiring the Dancer (Risqué Novellas Book 1) by Lilly Avalon – August 31st 2020
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).