HAPPY MONDAY & HAPPY Labor Day!! How has your weekend been so far? Big weekend plans, or have you taken the opportunity to unwind or get things done at home? For me, it was a little of both. Errands, and fixes but some great new restaurants and some shopping for fun stuff!! 😉 Like…
1.) We just got a new smoker!! My boyfriend gave his away, and decided to get something more sophisticated (in terms that now we can make brisket which is my favorite!!). I guess brisket takes absolutely all night (or all day – or both?) to smoke and constantly needs to be monitored and the wood replenished in the smoker, but this “Traeger” is a “set it and forget it” type of smoker. I’m going to have brisket this week!! P.S. I like its cute little chimney. 😂
2.) I went shopping for some new clothes this weekend (great sales 30% off for Labor Day weekend) so I took advantage. I went a little bit overboard, but I was due some newness. 😉
3.) My Emerald Catfish (Corys) had a baby in my aquarium!!!! I’m sure they had a bunch of babies (or tried to), but they generally don’t live due to their eggs being eaten or even the newborn fishies being devoured (even the parents do it – go figure!!). Though this one managed to survive in my plants and now, while he’s still tiny, is officially too big to be eaten. SOOOOO CUTE!! I get to see him foraging around for food with his parents. ADORBS!
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- First Down: A Fake Dating College Sports Romance (Beyond the Play Book 1) by Grace Reilly <— FAKE RELATIONSHIP IN EXCHANGE FOR TUTORING!! “...Thanks to my cheating ex, I don’t mess around with athletes, and at first glance, handsome, self-assured James Callahan is no exception. He wants me to tutor him, but between extra courses to stay on track for graduation and constantly running back home to put out fires at my mom’s diner, not to mention secretly dreaming of a future in photography, I just don’t have the time. But when my ex—James’ new teammate—won’t get the hint that I’ve moved on, I think of a price worthy of private tutoring sessions. If James will pretend to be in a relationship with me in front of his team, I’ll try my best to help him pass. Tutoring in exchange for a few fake dates won’t lead to anything more… right?...”
- Sweet Sin (Monsters & Muses) by Sav R. Miller <— SHE’S HIS OBSESSION!! “…My obsession tastes like pomegranates. I’m not supposed to know that. Her skin is soft. Supple. I’m not supposed to know that, either. Now that I’ve plucked the delicate little flower, there’s no way I can ever forget. None of my other sins ever tasted so sweet...”
- Adored by 3: Age Gap Reverse Harem Mafia Romance (Three For Me Book 5) by Barbi Cox
- Fingers (Malicious Monks MC Book 1): Enemies To Lovers Romance (Malicious Monks MC (MC Romance Club Series)) by Autumn Summers
- Hot Doctor & Patient (Billionaire Doctors of Beverly Hills Book 1) by Lauren Wood
- Reaper: Dirty Sinners: A Mafia MC Romance by Penelope Wylde <— SHE WAS JUST WANTING TO KEEP TO HERSELF… “...I’ve lived in Haven, Tennessee for all of a minute with a plan to keep my nose in a book and my name off people’s tongues. It was a good plan, too. The fresh start I needed. Until the Dirty Sinners’ new president rumbles in and plays shining knight…”
- Finn’s Fake Boyfriend (Pine Ridge Book 1) by Shae Michaels <— M/M ROMANCE!!!
- Hot As Suck: A Paranormal Chick Lit Novel (Sucking Dead Book 5) by Andie M. Long
- Boss With Benefits (Small Town Heroes) by Summer Brooks
- Forbidden Girl Next Door by Carmen Falcone
- The Other World by C. A. Varian <— SHE HAS TO MAKE A CHOICE!! SHE’S DYING BUT CAN LEAVE THE HUMAN WORLD INTO THIS ONE BUT… “…Stage IV thyroid cancer was a death sentence for 19-year-old Elianna Foster, until she received “the key.” The enchanted item opens a doorway to the fae realm, a place where illness can no longer plague her, but if she crosses the portal, there is no turning back—literally. Elianna must choose between living in a strange new realm, forsaking her life in the human world, or staying behind with her loved ones until her body finally gives out. The decision is anything but simple. Rumors abound about the other world. Some say her soulmate awaits her arrival with her key’s twin. Others say human females are subjugated and forced to serve as bed slaves and breeding stock…”
- Under The Maple Tree (A Beach Brew Novel) by Manda Mazanec <— HE RECOGNIZES HER BUT SHE THINKS HE’S MISTAKEN… “…Sasha Patterson has worked for years to get her life together, and the pieces of her future are finally falling into place. She’s staying sober and has saved enough to purchase Beach Brew, the small coastal café she has worked at since she got clean. But the shadows of her past are still there, waiting to sneak in, and they may reach further than even Sasha realized. When Blake Ryan, the sexy new firefighter in town, walks into the café, he threatens to undo it all by recognizing Sasha, or at least who he insists Sasha was…”
➔➔ Audiobook Matchmaker!! <— Find out which of YOUR Kindle books are available as audiobooks at a BARGAIN-PRICE! This is how it works. Click on that link & Amazon will show you all of your Kindle books that are also available as an audiobook at a seriously discounted price. This way, you can switch back and forth, seamlessly between your ebooks and your audiobooks. VERY COOL!
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Almost Beautiful by Jamie McGuire | Sep 6, 2022
- Something Beautiful: A Small Town Brother’s Best Friend Romance (The Blisswood Brothers Book 4) by Evey Lyon | Sep 6, 2022
- Latte Darling: Book Two of The Darling Series by S.J. Tilly | Sep 6, 2022
- Rebel: An opposites-attract boarding school romance (The Boys of Welles Book 2)by Ginger Scott | Sep 8, 2022
- The Revenge (an Insiders Novel) by Tijan – September 13th 2022
- Marple: Twelve New Mysteries (Miss Marple Mysteries) by Agatha Christie *and 12 authors* – September 13th 2022
- Gotta Be Bayou (Badges of the Bayou): an enemies to lovers, stand-alone small town rom com by Erin Nicholas | September 13, 2022
- Typecast: A Novel by Andrea J. Stein | Sep 13, 2022
- Only Coworkers (Only You Book 2) by Charity Ferrell | Sep 13, 2022
- Pieces of a Life: Colten & Josie: Part One (Life Series Duet Book 1) by Jewel E. Ann | Sep 13, 2022
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it). AND/OR you can also subscribe to my newsletter. 😀 It goes out once or twice a week and features my “Best Of…”
➔➔➔ If you haven’t “liked” my Facebook page, come on over and join us! We’re fun & we’ve got great taste in books!