Happy Monday everyone!! 😀 It’s almost Christmas and I can’t even believe it and I’m so happy!! I have all of my gifts bought, but still have to wrap everything, and I’m so excited. Saturday, I went to my first Christmas party and had a total blast, and we did a “funny” gift exchange (played a game as we went) and I laughed so hard!! The gift I brought got “stolen” 4 different times!!
And the early birds are ready (25 so far) and if I find more I’ll add ’em too.
1.) I just subscribed to the Misfits Market for my veggie box last week and already got my first box on Saturday (was supposed to be here Friday, but Fedex was delayed by a day – and still, everything looked fine). You know those Facebook ads where they show a perfectly fine, yet weirdly shaped vegetable that the bigger stores can’t sell? Yeah that! LOL! Actually, everything that came in my box looked perfectly fine except for my cabbage that had a huge leave ripped on its outside, and my mango is hard as a rock – I don’t think it’s ripe yet. And one of my fruits had some bruising on one side, abut that might be because of shipping (though well packed – all of the shipping materials are recyclable! Because I’m in FL, mine had two ice packs) Here’s what I got: —>P.S. Here’s the link that gets you 25% off your first box.
2.) So Sunday I cooked!!! I made a delicious cream of celery soup in my crockpot (using the celery I got in the box and some leftover celery in my fridge – and following this awesome recipe – I actually used 2 potatoes instead of flour to thicken it – and that idea came from another recipe but I liked the cream cheese in THIS recipe so I chose it, to follow), roasted vegetables (I used up the zucchini, the 2 squash <— OMG I’M IN LOVE. I will always buy these if I don’t get them in my box again, and I used the 2 sweet potatoes and some of my own carrots that I had. All sliced up and drizzled in olive oil, sprinkled with Himalayan salt & cracked pepper and of course, some herbs!! HOLY MOLY it’s fantastic (and most of the veggies caramelized and are so sweet so…no… not Keto due to those sweet potatoes and carrots) but OMG WONDERFUL!!
3.) I’m thinking of upgrading my box to the “Madness” size which is almost three times this many veggies (and more variety even), since I’m huge vegetable freak. My weekly groceries consist mostly of vegetables and I go through them like wildfire, so I wasn’t sure if this was going to alleviate my need to shop for them. Also, I thought it would be fun to try new stuff that I always skim over when I’m always shopping for the exact same things *(my usual is green beans, celery, carrots, tomatoes, zucchini, Brussels sprouts, lemons & limes and avocado, broccoli and cauliflower).
Also these deals are still on 😀 :
- ➔➔ 4 months of Amazon Unlimited Music for a super-bargain. AMAZING deal! “... This limited time offer provides on-demand, ad-free and unlimited access to 50 million songs on any device via the Amazon Music app...” <— I use my Echo to play mine.
- ➔➔ 3 months of Audible at a significant discount!! You can get in on this deal until December 31st!!
- ➔➔ Audible now has an “Escape” package membership (30 day free trial) (romance audiobooks!! this one is SO cool, and worth it – unlimited listening for all of the audiobooks in the program, and there are tons)!!
- ➔➔ Three months of Kindle Unlimited for a super-bargain!!
- ➔➔ All of Amazon’s “Last Minute Deals” (<— there’s still time!!)
LOOK WHAT JUST WENT LIVE !!!
- A Scarcity of Condors (Venery Book 3) by Suanne Laqueur <— BOOK #3 IN THE VENERY SERIES JUST WENT LIVE!! Surprise!! 😀 P.S. I gave book #1 FIVE STARS, and my book buds loved #2 just as much if not more!!! 😀 Check out the HUGE love for this series:
Michele G: An Exaltation of Larks ….it’s such a wonderfully special book. For those of you who haven’t read it yet…do so. I simply love her writing talent…Suanne Laqueur is just so very talented. This book is kind of epic to me…so I’m savoring it…which I don’t do often.
Jan: Yes, if you liked Exaltation of Larks you should def read Charm of Finches. One of my top reads of the year. … A kind of follow-on from An Exaltation Of Larks. … it was my only 5 star read for the month. I floved it. OMG Javier!
- Asking For a Friend (Boyfriend Material Book 1) by Lauren Blakely <— LAUREN BLAKELY ALERT!! She posted a profile for her bestie on a dating app, but OOOOPS! “…I did what any good friend would do. Posted it for her. It seemed like a good idea at the time — I’d weed through the candidates, and bring her my top picks. But then he responded. Is it wrong to date the guy I screened for my bestie? Not asking for a friend…”
- Nothing But Wild (Malibu University Series Book 2) by P. Dangelico <— P. DANGELICO ALERT!! HE’S IN TROUBLE WITH THE LAW & SHE’S TRYING TO HELP HIM BUT… “…I’ve been talked into driving him around as part of his plea deal. Problem is, he makes me nervous. I’m not good with people, men in particular, popular athletes especially. I’ve worked really hard to get my disability under control and one minute in his company and all my hard work flies out the window...”
- Forever Lo (Devil’s Knights Book 9) by Winter Travers
- It’s All Thanks to Santa by Kayt Miller
- TWO HEARTS HOME FOR CHRISTMAS (Two Hearts Wounded Warrior Romance Book 10) by Tamara Ferguson
- The Lost Summers of Driftwood by Vanessa McCausland <— SHE STARTS OVER BACK IN HER HOMETOWN… “…Alone and adrift after a failed marriage proposal, she flees Sydney to her family’s abandoned holiday cottage. On the slow-moving river Phoebe is confronted with the legacy of her older sister’s suicide, a year before. Why did Karin leave a note written in flowers and walk into the water Phoebe’s childhood love, Jez, has moved back to the beautiful old house, Driftwood, one jetty down. He’s married now and the home has become a refuge for an unlikely little community...”
- The Eternal Return (Wild Hunt Book 10) by Yasmine Galenorn
- A biker for Christmas: Jokers’ Wrath MC & MC Sinners by Bella Jewel <— THEY’RE ON A CRUISE BUT ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE… “...Now we’re stuck on a ship, with some crazy murderer and our vacation is ruined. Ruined. Then there’s that other club…the ones who seem to think it’s their problem and not ours. The ones who seem to think we have something to do with it. How do two clubs end up on the same ship? On the same vacation?…“
- Rialto (Unbreakable Bonds Series Book 8) by Jocelynn Drake and Rinda Elliott
- Catch Me: A High School Bully Romance (Spring Hill Blues Book 2) by E. M. Moore
- Devil’s Hour (Zero Hour Book Two) by Aimee Nicole Walker <— M/M ROMANCE!! “…Devil’s Hour is the second book in the Zero Hour series, which follows Locke and Key’s investigations and evolving relationship. This is a series that must be read in order.”
- Spare the Rod (Heretic Doms Club Book 3) by Marie Sexton <— M/M ROMANCE!!
- Holiday Hideaway by Stephie Walls <— SHE’S STRANDED WITH A STRANGER!! “...her getaway wasn’t quite what she’d thought it would be as a record-breaking blizzard chased her up into the mountains of Tennessee where she found herself stranded in a one-bedroom cabin with a man she’d never met...”
- Academy of the Elites: Fated Magic by Alexis Calder
- The Chef’s Cutie (The River Hill Series Book 5) by Rebecca Norinne and Jamaila Brinkley
- Provoke You: A bodyguard Romance (Cole Brothers Series Book 2) by Diana A. Hicks
- Queens of the De Danann: De Danann Series by Artemis Willow
- Scalding Hot Chocolate (Adulting Not Allowed Book 1) by Jaliza A. Burwell <— SHE HATES ADULTING BUT ENDS UP AS A GUARDIAN OF TWINS… “...Just when I think I’m getting a routine down with my adorable twins, I’m faced with new problems. My stepmonster is out to get me again. She likes to think she can prove a point, but I’m older now. I won’t let her stomp on me anymore. She better prepare for a fight. And apparently, I have three men on my side. They’re willing to prove they’ll help me…”
- Bayside Deceptions (Molly DeWitt Mysteries Book 3) by Sherryl Woods
- Protective Daddy (Timberwood Cove Book 7) by Liam Kingsley
- The Swap by Shuma Raha <— MARITAL STRIFE ALERT!! “…There is nothing really wrong with Priya Bakshi and Akash Srivastav s six-year-old marriage … except that Priya is having an affair. And Akash, too, seems to be on the lookout for sexual adventure. When Tarun, their richer, older, and manipulative friend, tells them about Delhi s couple-swapping parties, Akash wants to jump right in. With some reluctance, Priya agrees to give him company...”
- Breakout (Gold Hockey Book 6) by Elise Faber <— YOUNGER HOCKEY STAR & THE OLDER WOMAN ALERT!! “…Kevin declared that Rebecca was what he wanted, until they spent several glorious nights in bed together . . . until she began to feel. That couldn’t be. Not now. Not in the future. Not ever. But Kevin had decided on her and if there was one thing she’d learned about stubborn, alpha hockey players, it was that they didn’t give up...”
- Faithless: A High School Bully Romance (The Privileged of Pembroke High Book 3) by Ivy Fox
- Vampire Master: Vampire Queen Series: Club Atlantis by Joey W. Hill <— JOEY HILL ALERT!!! SHE WANTS HIM TO BE HER MASTER…“…Beyond your grasp. Those are the three words that come to mind, every time Ella sees Wolf at Club Atlantis. He earns the term Master, in and out of scene, yet there is something deeper and darker about him. She wants to dive into that abyss. Wolf sees the yearning. But the submissive he ultimately claims will become his servant, soul-bound to him for all eternity. Ella is a natural submissive, with an endless desire to please. She’s perfect for the role, really. Except Ella is a gift he doesn’t deserve…“
PREORDERS (going live soon!!! 😀 )
- Savage Hunger (Savage Trilogy Book 1) by Lisa Renee Jones – December 17th 2019
- Fatal Accusation (The Fatal Series) by Marie Force – December 17th 2019
- Best Friends (New Species Book 15) by Laurann Dohner – December 17th 2019
- Swagger and Sass: A Lost Kings MC Novella by Autumn Jones Lake – December 17th 2019
- Hard Justice (Cobra Elite Book 3) by Pamela Clare – December 17th 2019
- Bossy Bride: Emma and Jesse (Bossy Brothers Book 4) by J.A. Huss – December 18th 2019
- Tainted: The Complete Enemies-to-Lovers Rock Star Romance Box Set by Carmen Jenner – December 18th 2019
- The Right Way by Katie Ashley – December 19th 2019
➔➔➔ Get Maryse’s Book Blog updates delivered by email (you’ll get one daily email that will have each post from that day consolidated on it).